(Topic ID: 231176)

Pinball Parts Business FOR SALE (toying with an idea)

By too-many-pins

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

small-group-day-trip-to-pamukkale-from-sel-uk-in-sel-uk-453931 (resized).jpg
    121_4671 (resized).JPG
    121_4670 (resized).JPG
    121_4669 (resized).JPG
    121_4668 (resized).JPG
    121_4667 (resized).JPG
    121_4666 (resized).JPG
    121_4664 (resized).JPG
    121_4663 (resized).JPG
    121_4662 (resized).JPG
    121_4661 (resized).JPG
    121_4659 (resized).JPG
    121_4658 (resized).JPG
    121_4657 (resized).JPG
    121_4656 (resized).JPG
    121_4654 (resized).JPG

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 5 years ago

With all the other stuff I have going on in life and the fact I am getting older I am "toying" with the idea of selling off my "pinball parts business" if anyone local to PA has any interest in a decent sideline business to work at part time. Being up front I will say it isn't a "get rich quick type business & it involves a lot of work and space but it is rewarding".

When I have time to work at it I typically sell about $2500 in parts a month working 3 or 4 hours a day. In order for it to make any sense at all I need around $25,000 before I would consider selling the business.

What would be included is thousands of parts, all my shelving & organizational stuff and over 50 parts machines that are basically untouched as well as dozens of playfield and other parts. Most of the stuff is woodrail and EM parts with about 20% being early SS stuff. I have actually found EM stuff sells better for me so I have worked more in that direction over the years as far as the parts end of things.

My inventory would take about a two car garage to store (if packed in tight) and I have "saved" a ton of the valuable stuff off dozens of machines to sell down the road. Typically I list the "junk" off machines first and save the better parts to sell in the future when I am older and can't move machines around as easy. So I have lots of lock bars, bells, chime units, populated playfields, etc set back for the future.

As with everything I sell I don't need to sell this stuff but I figured I would put this post up to see if there was any local interest. The reason I say "local interest" is it would cost too much to move this much stuff any distance.

In any event if anyone wants to know more PM me and I'll tell you what I can. I have sales records for over 5 years I can show a serious buyer but they don't tell the whole story because I typically only list parts a few months each year.

#2 5 years ago

Beyond the parts I have lots of nice portable shelving units, a couple Husky tool boxes (that look like new) and dozens of plastic bins & bin boxes I used for listed parts, etc (over $2000 invested in just that stuff and it all looks new). As well as several hundred shipping boxes (specifically purchased for odd shape pinball parts that don't fit in USPS boxes).

Sale would be basically a "turn key" type business with everything you would need to get started. Then you could just customize the business to fit you needs as you move along.

#3 5 years ago

Any chance of seeing some basic pictures here or no?

John

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Any chance of seeing some basic pictures here or no?
    John

John,

I have machines & parts packed into 4 cargo trailers & mini storage units so I really can't get any pictures that would do a buyer much good. I will say there isn't a machine I would consider worth saving in the lot and there isn't anything super rare. It is shear volume of "cheaper parts" that has served me well while I have been doing this. I love doing it but I am about ready to turn 65 and I have a ton of other stuff to get sold off before I am too old to deal with it so I figured I would put this post up to see if anyone might be interested.

I would keep doing the pinball parts and wholesale some of the other stuff instead but I think the pinball parts will be the easiest to sell as a lot.

In the Spring I might be able to spread some stuff out and get some decent pictures of it but even then it would be impossible to get enough good pictures for anyone to really gauge what is their.

#5 5 years ago

If i had the space id be interested....

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

If i had the space id be interested....

Space is one of the keys it takes to make this work. Being very honest anyone interested should have about a two car garage for storage and another area about the size of a one car garage for processing listed parts & packing for shipping. I have done it using mini storage for the parts machines & extra packing stuff but that gets expensive over time.

An extra bedroom or space in a home garage or basement about the size of a one car garage will work for listed parts and processing. But you will still need another area about the size of a two car garage for everything else.

#7 5 years ago

After thinking about it some I realized I could post a few pictures of stuff here in the basement just to give people an idea what maybe 3 or 4 % of the total mass looks like. Ignore the semi empty plastic bins they SHOULD be full of listed parts but I have not had time to list anything new since last Spring. That is part of what has me discouraged right now!

121_4643 (resized).JPG121_4643 (resized).JPG121_4644 (resized).JPG121_4644 (resized).JPG121_4645 (resized).JPG121_4645 (resized).JPG121_4646 (resized).JPG121_4646 (resized).JPG121_4647 (resized).JPG121_4647 (resized).JPG121_4648 (resized).JPG121_4648 (resized).JPG121_4649 (resized).JPG121_4649 (resized).JPG121_4650 (resized).JPG121_4650 (resized).JPG121_4651 (resized).JPG121_4651 (resized).JPG
    #8 5 years ago

Glass lock down bars, coin doors, back glass, chimes, bell units are the valuable parts. I do not blame you for holding them back, but the rest is piecemeal.
    Are you thinking of retiring?
    An absolute Auction properly advertised could liquidate all of it quick. EM auctions last year were profitable for all involved, if I am not mistaken.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Glass lock down bars, coin doors, back glass, chimes, bell units are the valuable parts. I do not blame you for holding them back, but the rest is piecemeal.
    Are you thinking of retiring?
    An absolute Auction properly advertised could liquidate all of it quick. EM auctions last year were profitable for all involved, if I am not mistaken.

Just thinking about an "exit strategy" while I am healthy enough to lighten the load. My original plan was to do pinball parts until the day I died but I have so much other stuff around I will never live long enough to sell everything. So I figured I would see if anyone was interested in the pinball parts as a part time business.

#10 5 years ago

Thanks for posting some pictures to start to get an idea of the volume. But like Phil-Lee said a lot of that stuff is HARD to sell, do you do much business with the relays, stepper units and score wheels? I just know that I never seem to have a calling for that sorta stuff. I'm not busting your chops or anything and I know it sounds like you have plenty of other stuff too. My last buyout was back in January, two storage lockers that were full and you have to take the good with the bad if your buying it all...
    If you get the chance or whatever we'd love to see more pictures. Thanks again.
    John

#11 5 years ago

Another "sample" of more of the little stuff sitting around the basement to make assemblies complete and other odds & ends.

Just for an idea of value in the bumper cap lot there is a little box of NOS "gear style" bumper caps. I get $15 each for those when I list them and there are 30+ of them in that drawer (over $500 retail for just that one little box of bumper caps).

121_4652 (resized).JPG121_4652 (resized).JPG121_4653 (resized).JPG121_4653 (resized).JPG121_4654 (resized).JPG121_4654 (resized).JPG121_4656 (resized).JPG121_4656 (resized).JPG121_4657 (resized).JPG121_4657 (resized).JPG121_4658 (resized).JPG121_4658 (resized).JPG
    #12 5 years ago

Sorry for the HUGE picture of the little drawer unit full of coils - I don't know why that ended up being so large. That little drawer unit has over 150 coils in it and that is just one small box of coils I keep handy to replace bad coils on assemblies before I list those assemblies for sale.

I am not going to go out in the cold to open back doors of 4 trailers just to take a picture of machines standing on end piled to the ceiling with heads & boxes of parts on top of them. You will not be able to see much anyway the way the stuff is packed in.

What I can say 100% for sure is someone with some free time can make the parts I have into over $100,000 in less than 3 years. And if they keep buying junk machines as they sell parts from what I already have this business could net someone working full time at it over $50,000 a year. The key is TIME & SPACE but more importantly the desire to help other people in the hobby save more of these great old machines. A few machines must die to let others live on - I only "kill" machines that are too far gone to save.

The key to making this work is to figure out how to sell every part from a machine. I have that all worked out and it works out well for me. Using what I have learned will save someone getting into this 4 or 5 years of "trial & error" trying to figure out the "best way" to sell these part. I am not claiming to be smarter then the next guy I just have made most of the mistakes already so I can save someone a heck of a lot of time telling them what to avoid & why.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Thanks for posting some pictures to start to get an idea of the volume. But like Phil-Lee said a lot of that stuff is HARD to sell, do you do much business with the relays, stepper units and score wheels? I just know that I never seem to have a calling for that sorta stuff. I'm not busting your chops or anything and I know it sounds like you have plenty of other stuff too. My last buyout was back in January, two storage lockers that were full and you have to take the good with the bad if your buying it all...
    If you get the chance or whatever we'd love to see more pictures. Thanks again.
    John

John - PM sent! I hate to make too much information public but being very honest every part from most machines does sell. Some stuff sells quick and other parts can take a while but over time every part will sell. I find the hardest sale is playfield plastics - some of those sell the day I list them but others can take years before someone needs it. I use those as "fluff" when I need to toss a few listing up quick they are easy to list. I don't consider most of those worth listing but over time every plastic does manage to find a new home.

#14 5 years ago

Since I keep getting PM's about the stuff in the trailers I decided to just go over and take a few pictures so people might understand what I am talking about as far as not being able to see much. Trailers ARE NOT included in the sale but I took pictures of those just to give people some idea of size space that would be needed to hold everything. A two car garage would work but it would be packed totally full.

The grey trailer isn't packed as full as the others because I have to empty that once in a while to move stuff around. The couple of "close up pictures" are just to give you an idea how tight stuff is packed into those trailers.

121_4659 (resized).JPG121_4659 (resized).JPG121_4661 (resized).JPG121_4661 (resized).JPG121_4662 (resized).JPG121_4662 (resized).JPG121_4663 (resized).JPG121_4663 (resized).JPG121_4664 (resized).JPG121_4664 (resized).JPG121_4666 (resized).JPG121_4666 (resized).JPG121_4667 (resized).JPG121_4667 (resized).JPG121_4668 (resized).JPG121_4668 (resized).JPG121_4669 (resized).JPG121_4669 (resized).JPG121_4670 (resized).JPG121_4670 (resized).JPG121_4671 (resized).JPG121_4671 (resized).JPG
    #15 5 years ago

I'd hate to tell you this, but in order to sell all of that you would either have to go through it all and have a complete inventory of everything you have exactly or someone with the disposable money to just buy it all and take the good with the bad as John said. I know you are older, but you can't seriously expect someone buy all of that without putting in a TON of work to show what exactly is there. It sounds like you want to take the easy way out and just be done with it. If that is the case take a loss and sell it all at a real bargain and someone will snag it all.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

I'd hate to tell you this, but in order to sell all of that you would either have to go through it all and have a complete inventory of everything you have exactly or someone with the disposable money to just buy it all and take the good with the bad as John said. I know you are older, but you can't seriously expect someone buy all of that without putting in a TON of work to show what exactly is there. It sounds like you want to take the easy way out and just be done with it. If that is the case take a loss and sell it all at a real bargain and someone will snag it all.

As with everything else I am putting up for sale I am willing to work with a serious buyer and am more than happy to take what ever time it takes to show them anything they want to see and tell them anything they want to know. In fact I have two fairly local guys very interested and I am suppose to meet with the first one this coming week.

I NEVER take the easy way out and always try to be sure there is value to what I offer for sale. I just don't need to unload 4 trailers and take pictures for the "picture collectors" here on Pinside. The more I post here the more I feel that is what most of the people here are! As I have said in other post here on Pinside - if you have any doubts about me just take two minutes and look at my feedbacks. That should give most people a good idea what I am about!

What I need in my life right now is a little less stuff. One way or another I'll make that happen over the next few months. How I get to that point is my business and shouldn't concern anyone else. If no one sees the value in these parts I'll just keep selling them myself and wholesale one of my other businesses off. As I get older I just don't have the time for everything so something will go in 2019. What will be gone is what ever someone else sees value in. I know there is value in everything I own or I never would have spent over $5000 a year storing it!

#17 5 years ago

Oh God here we go again.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

Oh God here we go again.

It is funny how a few people here ALWAYS seem to have something to say about what I am doing or I try to do. If you don't like reading my post it is actually pretty simple just ignore them. If you are interested and have questions feel free to ask. As most of you already know I am always more than happy to reply.

At least my post are not wasting time talking about what the next Stern or JJP machine might be or which LED's I should put in one of my machines. When I post here on Pinside it is typically offering something for sale or trying to help someone. Nothing more & nothing less.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

Oh God here we go again.

And by the way Pinside makes it really SIMPLE to ignore someone. If you don't know how to do that on pinside just ask and I'll be happy to guide you through the process.

#20 5 years ago

Posting on pinside always draws flies.

#21 5 years ago

Skip,You have always been great for me to deal with.You are a one stop shop for EM's.Prices very fair.I think anybody interested should look in person.Larry

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

It is funny how a few people here ALWAYS seem to have something to say about what I am doing or I try to do. If you don't like reading my post it is actually pretty simple just ignore them. If you are interested and have questions feel free to ask. As most of you already know I am always more than happy to reply.
    At least my post are not wasting time talking about what the next Stern or JJP machine might be or which LED's I should put in one of my machines. When I post here on Pinside it is typically offering something for sale or trying to help someone. Nothing more & nothing less.

At $25k, I'd expect $75k in sales from this massive lot. If not, not a good deal at that price.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

At $25k, I'd expect $75k in sales from this massive lot. If not, not a good deal at that price.

Read his posts... he states that with only part time work that someone can make $100,000 in 3years!
    Op should change the topic title because he’s “fishing for a buyer” NOT “toying with an idea.”

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I am thinking the number will end up at between $100,000 and $120,000 once everything is sold off. It was part of my retirement plan but that plan just has too many parts right now so it is time to let something go.

Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Read his posts... he states that with only part time work that someone can make $100,000 in 3years!
    Op should change the topic title because he’s “fishing for a buyer” NOT “toying with an idea.”

Post says PINBALL PARTS BUSINESS FOR SALE - how much clearer can I be. The "toying with an idea part" has nothing to do with these parts being for sale that is on a personal level looking at different exit plans for about a half a dozen business ventures I am currently involved in.

What it boils down to is I have way too much stuff for someone my age and it is time to start passing some of it along to someone else.

If this "business" does not sell as a business I'll likely end up just selling off the best parts over the next few months and tossing the rest into dumpsters. I know I can get my $25k in less than 6 months doing that and the way people act here on Pinside I am starting to care less and less about the hobby every day. Every time I try to do something to save machines or parts there are a handful of people that start attacking me for what ever reason. I just don't need all that drama so one way or another this stuff will be gone in 2019.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from whizz:

Skip,You have always been great for me to deal with.You are a one stop shop for EM's.Prices very fair.I think anybody interested should look in person.Larry

Larry,

Thanks for the kind words! It is great customers like you that keep me going. Sadly a few people here on Pinside just don't understand my love of these old machines and how much I want to see these parts in the hands of people who need them. I hate to see those few people ruin it for the people who look to me for hard to find parts but I really need to start enjoying life a little more before I get any older.

Without writing another chapter of the book about my life - I just need some stuff gone so I can finalize a couple things I have in the works then after that I will likely walk away from the pinball hobby with the exception of keeping a few machines in our gameroom. My wife & I love to travel so we want to start spending more time on the road. This shouldn't be all that hard for Pinsiders to understand but yet a few people just don't seem to get it?

#26 5 years ago

This looks like a good way to start a new business! I hope that this works out for you @too-many-pins.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from hazmat7719:

This looks like a good way to start a new business! I hope that this works out for you too-many-pins.

Thanks! I think it would be a "perfect fit" for someone who doesn't mind a little work and has space to store machines & packing supplies. I just don't have the time & energy for everything I am involved with at this stage in life so I need to sell something off. I figured I would try posting these and if that doesn't work I would try doing the same thing with one of my other collections or businesses.

I have had what sounds to be some serious interest but I'll know better after talking to the people in person. I am almost expecting people who come to see me to want to "cherry pick" the best stuff but that isn't going to happen. If I didn't pull that stuff to sell it all along why would I wholesale that stuff to someone. I hope I am wrong but only time will tell.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Thanks! I think it would be a "perfect fit" for someone who doesn't mind a little work and has space to store machines & packing supplies. I just don't have the time & energy for everything I am involved with at this stage in life so I need to sell something off. I figured I would try posting these and if that doesn't work I would try doing the same thing with one of my other collections or businesses.
    I have had what sounds to be some serious interest but I'll know better after talking to the people in person. I am almost expecting people who come to see me to want to "cherry pick" the best stuff but that isn't going to happen. If I didn't pull that stuff to sell it all along why would I wholesale that stuff to someone. I hope I am wrong but only time will tell.

I know what you mean about the cherry pickers and have been dealing with those types for 20 years (in a different field, not pinball related). I have to find the space and make you an offer.

#29 5 years ago

If you sell all this stuff and some of the other pins listed, you could change your username to a reasonable amount of pins

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

If you sell all this stuff and some of the other pins listed, you could change your username to a reasonable amount of pins

I will actually likely just close my Pinside account once some of this stuff is gone. My adult son & I were super heavy into the hobby together for about 3 years (about 10 years ago) but he has since lost interest. My main reason for getting into the hobby was to work with my son fixing up machines and enjoy some quality time with him. These day we argue over pinball stuff more than enjoy the hobby together so all I want is a handful of machines in the gameroom and everything else gone.

I originally thought if I built a nice little business with the pinball parts he would take it over when I died or got too old to do it. He has so much other stuff going on in his life he has ZERO interest in doing that. So that is one of the main reasons I think it is smart for me to just move on.

We still get along great and enjoy spending time together but he just isn't interested in working with "dad's crazy ideas" anymore and I can't really say that I blame him. For those of you that don't already know he is Wayne from Pinitech and he has his own thing going on with great looking LED displays for Classic Bally machines as well as doing some test stuff for working on machines and NVRAM's to get batteries off your MPU's. So it isn't like he has lost interest in the hobby completely he is just doing his own thing in his own way and I am proud of him for doing that. Sadly that stuff keeps him too busy to work with dad fixing up machines like we had in the past!

#32 5 years ago

Skip, have you thought about contacting PBR?

(you have also been awesome to deal with shipping parts to Australia).

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from illawarra92:

Skip, have you thought about contacting PBR?
    (you have also been awesome to deal with shipping parts to Australia).

I am sure Steve would love to have some of this stuff but I doubt he would want everything and I prefer selling it all as one lot. I have several ideas in mind if I can't find a buyer for everything in one shot but at this point I really would prefer finding a buyer for the lot so I can travel more in 2019. When I have traveled over the past few years I feel like I am letting my regular customers down. I am hoping to find someone younger to take the business over that will do a better job than I have keeping plenty of parts listed.

In any event I am going to be sure anyone interested knows the value of taking care of the International customers. You guys have been great to work with over the years!

Thanks!
    Skip

#34 5 years ago

I'm not involved with this package deal so can't comment on it too much other than knowing the situation first-hand. There's A LOT of inventory. There's also a lot of experience too that's invaluable and would help someone hit the ground running. It's not dumping inventory on a buyer without any direction or ability to immediately start seeing some ROI. Should make someone a pretty solid business if they're young enough and have the space, and are willing to take some advice on how to go about things.

My father's in his mid-60s and as you get up there in age, a year or two means the difference. One year you can get around well and the next you're having to sit down every 20-30 minutes, and the next you're having to sit down every 5 minutes. That's the reality of getting older. This guy has always lived as if he's in his 30s in his mind, huge goals and a mindset to get a lot done in a day. But his body is no longer able to keep up. Five years ago he was laying under Skeeball machines and re-corking alleys, on his feet shopping out machines for hours and hours, hustling machines in and out of storage units often, dragging EM gun games up basement steps with one end of a rope tied around his waist and the other end to the machine. I tell you what.. I'm surprised he's still getting around at all in some ways.

In recent years I've advised him as much as possible to GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND TRAVEL WHILE YOU CAN! I'm glad he's seeing that for himself, he's got to seize the present moment and his current health and travel while he can, so he has no regrets in a few years if he no longer has the opportunity. Beyond that, he doesn't want to leave his wife or two sons with a mess.. and he realizes he's got more inventory from 40+ years of other businesses than he could sell through for a few years, so lessening the burden makes a lot of sense. As his son, I'm happy to see him "toying with an idea" like this. I hope it works out for him and I'm sure if there is a buyer this year or next year they'll be happy with the purchase & wealth of knowledge that will come along with it.

#35 5 years ago

I'm in awhh of the em parts pics....counting change in my couch hasn't found 25K yet, unfortunately

Just wanted to say best wishes on finding the collection a new person when the timing/deal is right. Someone out there would LOVE the opportunity to have such turn key parts collection available, I'm sure!

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I'm in awhh of the em parts pics....counting change in my couch hasn't found 25K yet, unfortunately
    Just wanted to say best wishes on finding the collection a new person when the timing/deal is right. Someone out there would LOVE the opportunity to have such turn key parts collection available, I'm sure!

Most people would not believe what I am willing to do to help the right person take this over. It isn't for just anyone but the right guy could do very well with this business if he (or she) has the time to devote to it and space to store the inventory. I have years of documentation showing what this business could do if someone had the time to do it right. Months when I am actually able to get new listing up I have a hard time keeping up with the packing & shipping.

Sadly over the past couple years I have had limited time to devote to it so I feel like I am letting my customers down by not getting more parts listed. At the same time storage cost are killing me since nothing has been headed out the door. When I was listing on a regular bases I could empty a 10x20 storage unit in 5 or 6 months now all I seem to be doing is filling more of them with parts machines that keep coming in.

Anyway - I am meeting with someone tomorrow about it and have another guy that wants to come see me if the first guy isn't interested. I am hoping someone local will see the value and want to grow this even more! I already have had several customers see this post that are very upset to see me heading down this path but like I keep telling them I will not sell this to just anyone. I want to find someone who will work with their customers like I have done with this in the past.

As with anything pinball - it isn't as much about the money to me as it is about saving machines. I know the parts business sounds like I am more interested in destroying machines rather than saving them but I only part out machines too far gone to save in most cases. And machines I part out help dozens of other machines live on!

#37 5 years ago

$25k doesn't really seem too far off for that kind of volume...good luck with the sale!

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

$25k doesn't really seem too far off for that kind of volume...good luck with the sale!

Selling this business is actually less about the inventory and more about showing someone how to market these parts correctly. Beyond that I have an International following that I will direct to the buyer as well as guys constantly contacting me with "junk" machines for sale they don't know what to do with. If someone buys this "business" from me they are getting a lot more than just piles of parts & machines.

There are also several great looking populated playfields I have been holding on to looking for machines to drop them into, some bodies with nice playfields that need heads. Boxes of little NOS parts I have not even thought about listing yet that need to be listed and tons of little impossible to find parts I have been hoarding since before we owned our first pinball machine.

Originally when we got into the hobby we started with Jukeboxes, arcade machines, Skeeball Machines and just about anything else you would find in an arcade. We were in the hobby for about 8 months before we bought our first pinball machine but during that 8 months I had already spent close to $2000 buying pinball parts I knew would be valuable to me down the road. (I was in the model railroad hobby for years so I know the value of having impossible to find parts when you need them).

My goal is to find a buyer that will take off running with this business and let it continue to grow. I am 100% sure the right guy can have his investment back within 8 months to a year and still have over 80% of the parts sitting in their inventory. This isn't about my trying to dump a bunch of "junk" this is about me trying to get parts to people who need them without me actually doing the work anymore.

Currently when we travel I feel like I am letting my regular customers down by not being home and listing new parts for them. At the same time I know if we don't travel now I will likely never have the chance to do everything on my "bucket list". This wasn't an easy decision for me but I know it is the right thing to do. Now all I need is the right buyer and life could be good for everyone involved.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Yeah, but you gotta consider that he may not be the best estimator of $100k in mostly EM parts by the look of it.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Yeah, but you gotta consider that he may not be the best estimator of $100k in mostly EM parts by the look of it.

I am 99% sure there is in excess of $100k in parts and likely more. But when I talk to potential buyers we will discuss all of that. Pictures don't even begin to show everything, plus I have more machines coming in all of the time and that is a big part of my problem. I have kind of created a monster (or a money machine) because I have several local pinball guys constantly contacting me with "junk" for sale. I also have a ton of additional machines and parts coming in from my warehouse deal so a buyer does not need to worry about running out of parts any time soon!

You guys that keep trying to drag things in a negative direction don't have a clue who I am or what this is all about. For the 10+ years I have been in the hobby it has been a hobby for me. I enjoy every aspect of this hobby and do all I can to match machines & parts to people who will do something with them. I have also come up with a way to help my local pinball buddies do something with "junk" they don't want or need to keep that stuff moving instead of just sitting. My issue is I am just getting way too old for all of it!

Anyone interested in my little part time parts thing could do very well by expanding it. I just don't have near the time or energy it takes at this stage in my life. But I do know what it could be if someone has the space - time - and energy to do it right. Sadly that is not me at 6 months away from retirement age and with another warehouse full of stuff to move in the next few weeks!

#41 5 years ago

I'm sure if you contacted Lloyd from Coinopgames, he would snatch that up in a heartbeat!! Probably for a lot less than you would want.
    Good Luck!!

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I'm sure if you contacted Lloyd from Coinopgames, he would snatch that up in a heartbeat!! Probably for a lot less than you would want.
    Good Luck!!

This isn't really a Lloyd thing...he seems to deal in whole machines, and relies on turn & burn. Parts are much harder to turn like that.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

This isn't really a Lloyd thing...he seems to deal in whole machines, and relies on turn & burn. Parts are much harder to turn like that.

I have done business with Lloyd in the past both buying & selling and I am 100% sure he would have ZERO interest in this stuff. However he will be my go to guy for the Jukeboxes & Arcade Machines in Phase 2 of the warehouse deal if my other contacts don't grab that stuff.

Lloyd is a very smart business man that works on fairly low profit margins and makes his money by doing volume. I have used that approach in some of my business ventures in the past and it is a great money maker but it is also very labor intensive. It takes a very special person to work as hard as Lloyd does buying and selling massive amounts of stuff with very few people working for him. I find his most recent collection the most interesting - it seems like he has now taken up the hobby of collecting warehouses to fill.

#44 5 years ago

Do you have any Slugfest parts?

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Do you have any Slugfest parts?

Can't help you with anything for Slugfest. Sorry Skip

#46 5 years ago

I just talked with my first potential buyer today and he seems like the perfect fit. I don't know exactly how serious he is but I am hoping he and his sons like what we talked about and we can make a deal. If I can put this deal together as a result of my post here I would like to know what a "fair amount" of money would be to send to Pinside as a thank you for helping me find the right buyer.

If any moderators read this post please PM me and let me know what you think. Otherwise anyone else reading this please let me know what you would give.

THANKS, Skip

PS - I'll update this post either way but for now stuff is still for sale.

#47 5 years ago

$100 donation

#48 5 years ago

That was kind of what I was thinking but somehow it just doesn't seem like enough. So the more I thought about it the more I think $250 might be the right number. Without Pinside I would not have found someone interest anywhere near this quickly.

I am not saying it is anywhere near a done deal - I am just thinking out loud again and want to be sure I give Robin & his crew a reasonable amount if this does work out.

#49 5 years ago

Do you have a website where you post what you have in stock and how much it all costs?

You say you have mostly older parts and I need a ball lift rod assembly for a 1960-66 Williams.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Do you have a website where you post what you have in stock and how much it all costs?
    You say you have mostly older parts and I need a ball lift rod assembly for a 1960-66 Williams.

I just sell on eBay. Typically I also pull parts for "special request" and I likely have the ball lift you are looking for but until I work something out with my potential buyer I don't feel right pulling parts from my inventory. We don't have a deal yet but I still want to just let everything I don't currently have listed sit until he decides either way.

If you want to check back with me in a few days I can see what I can find for you. I'll also check my stash of parts here in the basement and if I do make a deal with the guy I see if he is OK with me selling one to you and taking that money out of the purchase price.

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-parts-business-for-sale-toying-with-an-idea?hl=mkgoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.