(Topic ID: 231176)

Pinball Parts Business FOR SALE (toying with an idea)

By too-many-pins

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

small-group-day-trip-to-pamukkale-from-sel-uk-in-sel-uk-453931 (resized).jpg
    121_4671 (resized).JPG
    121_4670 (resized).JPG
    121_4669 (resized).JPG
    121_4668 (resized).JPG
    121_4667 (resized).JPG
    121_4666 (resized).JPG
    121_4664 (resized).JPG
    121_4663 (resized).JPG
    121_4662 (resized).JPG
    121_4661 (resized).JPG
    121_4659 (resized).JPG
    121_4658 (resized).JPG
    121_4657 (resized).JPG
    121_4656 (resized).JPG
    121_4654 (resized).JPG
    There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 years ago

It has been a while since I have done much posting here on Pinside so I figured I would bump this post again tonight just in case anyone might be interested in a great little sideline business. It has been about 60 days now since I started listing parts again and as in the past when I list I sell like crazy. I still can't keep up with getting back to everyone who emails me about parts but I am making some progress on the mess in the basement.

Anyway - if anyone fairly local has any interest in the business I am still looking to sell it if I can find a buyer. I have had two guys come take a look so far and both of them were "blown away" at the volume of stuff that is included for $25k. One guy is seriously interested but can't do anything for over 3 years until he retires. The other guy decided he was just too old to take something like this on and I can't say I blame him (he was in his mid 70's).

I do have one other guy that is "suppose" to come look at the stuff "one of these days" but he keeps falling off the face of the earth so I don't have much hope that he is my guy. If a buyer just did what I have been doing working part time at it and his sales were similar to mine it would take less than 9 months for them to have 100% of their investment back. (And yes I do have the "paper trail" to prove that). My issue is I am less than a month away from having to shut down again until Fall. So here we go again - feeling bad about not taking care of my customers while I travel & help family. But family comes first and always will!

3 months later
    #102 4 years ago

Back online after 3 months of total INSANITY in my life. Without getting into a lot of details the short answer is just way too much stuff going on for me to have much time to devote to the internet, Pinside, or the parts business lately. It really makes me sad because I have lots of great customers I feel like I am letting down every time life takes me in other directions.

I got back home from a 6 week "bucket list" vacation on Monday evening and when I opened my emails I had over 400 emails in my in-box asking when I would be selling parts again - etc. At my age & with my bad knees & feet I know my time to travel is coming to an end and I really have more stuff I want to do before my feet & legs will not allow me to make those trips. So sadly the pinball hobby is not at the top of my 'to do' list right now.

Anyway just another bump in case anyone who has some spare time and is looking for a nice little "side line business" with a lot of potential to become even more. Without trying I can typically make over $100 a day working with it just a few hours each day. With more effort it could be 4 or 5 times that!

Anyway - if you have any interest and are fairly local to Central PA contact me ASAP. (The reason I say "fair close to Central PA is there is way too much stuff to move a long distance). I'll be back on the road again in a few days for another couple weeks. After that I should be around most of the rest of the Summer. My parts inventory is at a record high after I finally finalized a warehouse deal I have had in the works for several years. So there is no shortage of parts machines of parts just not enough time in a day - week - or month for me to do everything! And as I get older everything seems to take longer!

3 weeks later
    #103 4 years ago

As luck would have it after a nice few weeks away I managed to come home sick and still can not shake what ever I have. Three weeks later I am still felling really run down and just can't seem to get back into the swing of things. I did turn my eBay store back on and have been selling a few parts here & there but it hasn't been great since I have not been getting any new listing up for almost 4 months now.

Anyway all of this makes me realize I am just getting too old to keep up with everything I have going on. I figured I would bump this post again just in case anyone with more time & energy than I have would be interested. I wish I had discovered just how good of a business this was 10 years sooner. But at this point in life I just don't have the energy to do it right.

I would love to find someone local who could do this right - helping the pinball community & making decent money in the process. It drives me totally crazy to have all of these parts just sitting when I know there are people who need them. Anyone with any interest PM me & I would be happy to share what I have learned over the past for years.

I know without a doubt someone with the time & energy could build this into something really good. I have the foundation well built now it just needs someone to build on it!

#104 4 years ago

Keep up the search. I’m sure the right person will come along.

Have you thought about listing the whole business on eBay? It might at least get more attention then this thread.

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Keep up the search. I’m sure the right person will come along.
    Have you thought about listing the whole business on eBay? It might at least get more attention then this thread.

If there were less parts eBay might be the way to go but with so much stuff it would be pretty much impossible for someone that isn't local to buy everything. I know that limits my potential customer base but I just don't think eBay would be a good way to go.

I have had 5 or 6 "fairly local" guys contact me but the timing wasn't right for any of them. The three guys that came out and looked around were totally amazed just how much stuff I had that I was including and were more concerned on how they were going to get it all moved then they were about making money on the deal.

If I can find the "right buyer" I would be more than happy to work with them selling things "in phases" and/or helping them with transporting stuff to their location. I can't do a ton of physical work (because of my health issues) but I still have my van & trailers so I would be more than happy to help them move the stuff as long as they provide some help loading.

I know sooner or later I am going to find the right guy. I just feel bad to have thousands of parts I know people need just sitting in trailers or storage units. I am going to try and get some stuff listed on eBay again over the next few weeks. But I have another trip planned this Fall so I know my time to get stuff sold is limited.

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-parts-business-for-sale-toying-with-an-idea/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.