10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Tomass
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 10 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 25,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

for sale

Pinball Parts Business for Sale in Central PA

Added: July 13th, 2019 Re-listed: 1 time (August 24th, 2019) Ended: October 19th, 2019
    Condition: Used, good condition

Item description

I am hoping to find someone who can do a better job at this than I have been able to do lately. I have been selling pinball parts on eBay for several years and when I can "do-it-right" I make out very well. Sadly I just don't have time to "do-it-right" these days.

With the volume of parts & parts machines I own a buyer for this will likely need to live near Central PA. There is way too many parts machines and parts to move this stuff a long distance!

1000's of parts, dozens of parts machines, bins, racks, shelving, boxes & shipping supplies would all be included in this sale. Basically everything you need to get started. And I'll even help a buyer get underway if that helps!

Parts & parts machine will basically fill about the area of a two car garage. I don't have exact counts on anything at this point but I know there is at least $100,000 worth of stuff here (at retail prices) and likely even more. I currently have just a very small percentage of the stuff listed on eBay and what I have listed retails for around $10,000 and sells well at my current prices.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Carlisle, PA, US

Seller insights

These are too-many-pins's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to too-many-pins's stats page

#2 10 months ago

I have gotten a couple PM's about the business asking what type parts are involved / etc. If you pull up a post I made about this a few months back you can learn more.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-parts-business-for-sale-toying-with-an-idea

I replied to the PM's but just wanted to also post this here.

The short answer is mostly Woodrail & EM parts (and tons of them). I found there is way too much competition when selling most newer parts but there is really no one else selling a volume of woodrail stuff and very few people selling EM parts so I went in that direction.

1 month later
    #3 9 months ago

Skip, good luck selling your business. I hope you can find someone to run it as well as you have.

#4 9 months ago

Do you have a link to any of your Ebay auctions?

#5 9 months ago

My eBay user name is "pinjunk" if you are interested in checking that end of things out. Sadly my recent sales history only tells part of the story because I have been working at about 1/2 speed most of 2019 not having as many listing up as normal. Between traveling, the warehouse deal I got involved in with this Spring, getting ready for and setting up at the Allentown Show, and being sick almost 2 months I have really never had my listings "beefed up" to where they should be.

I knew 2019 was going to be a "tough year" for me and that was one of my main reasons for considering selling the business and the next 10 to 12 months isn't going to get any better. Since both my wife & I have hit retirement age traveling has become more important to us and we have two more major trips planned for this Fall as well as a four month cross country trip planned for next Spring. With traveling so much I really feel like I am letting my regular customers down.

I realized it was going to be a "long shot" finding someone interested in taking this over but I had to try. At this point I have just accepted the fact that finding the right buyer is like finding a "needle in a hay stack" so I have pretty much just decided to keep going with the business when time allows. I would still love to find someone with the time to do things correctly and have listings up year round but most people just don't want to work these days.

It is a labor of love that is very rewarding in many ways but it could be so much more if someone with more time & energy took it over. I have built a solid foundation and through trial & error and figured out what works and what doesn't. Now the business just needs someone that can devote 4 or 5 hours a day to it year round instead of me trying to squeeze it in between everything else I have going on.

If anyone is truly curious take a look at my feedbacks on eBay to see what it is all about. My customers basically tell you why what I have been trying to do is so important to the hobby and to people trying to save some of these great old machines.

#6 9 months ago

One last thing if you have not followed my post is this is my original post about this about 8 months ago when I was looking ahead and trying to do what was best for my customers

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-parts-business-for-sale-toying-with-an-idea

There is lots of information about the business & inventory their for anyone wanting to know more.

1 month later
    #7 8 months ago

At this point I think I have the business sold twice. No cash has changed hands but my first guy just gave me a verbal agreement today and we are suppose to start moving stuff in his direction the Sunday after the York Show. That will be my first chance to get together with him.

Guy number two on the list wants a lot of stuff I have around that wasn't included in the sale of the business as well as the parts from the business if guy number one doesn't take everything. Hopefully I can make both of them happy and get this stuff to a couple good guys who will get stuff up for sale quicker than I have been able to. Once money starts changing hands I will make a nice donation to Pinside.

Thanks for all the interest! I knew someone would see the value in the stuff but I didn't expect two people to materialize the same week. Such is life!

Another thumbs up for Pinside as far as it being the place to buy & sell pinball machines and pinball related items.

#8 8 months ago

I hope this all works out for everyone in involved.

#9 8 months ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

I hope this all works out for everyone in involved.

THANKS!

I am going to do all I can to help my buyer get off the ground running. Since he is interested in doing it full time he should be able to help more people with parts than I can and since I love to drive I'll likely still be picking up machines for him and working behind the scenes for him for a good long while. I just don't have the space, time, or energy to keep on top of it like I should so I am hoping someone younger will be able to do better than I have for my / their customers.

I have loved doing it and I know I have helped hundreds of people save hundreds of machines but it is just time to "pass the torch" and start traveling & enjoying life more for me.

#10 8 months ago

Good to hear! Hope it works out for you.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside