(Topic ID: 2009)

Pinball Parlour

By SealClubber

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kolchak357.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 11 years ago

Heading down to the Pinball Parlour this Thursday with a couple friends. I'll be wearing a yellow baseball cap. If anyone else is there feel free to say hi and make fun of my pinball skills.

Eric

#19 11 years ago

Hey Jimmy, were a lot of pins down when you were there last night?
    Thanks

#21 11 years ago

Thanks Jimmyd

#23 11 years ago

Bummer about the EMs. He has some great ones there. I've never hit the bowling alley nearby, but I keep meaning to. Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to going on Thursday. I always have a great time. Also taking a cousin for his first time there.

#25 11 years ago

Notes from Pinball Parlour last night
    EMs - only three were working (Liberty, OXO, and Doozie)
    All other pins were playable other than Fish Tales.
    They now have 4 colored DMDs (AFM, MM, TAF, STTNG) and they looked beautiful.
    Had a great time as always.

#28 11 years ago

Forgot to mention that Paul said he just got a Bally Air Aces. He didn't even have it out yet. But he said he was planning to set it up in the next few days.

4 months later
    #37 10 years ago

Heading back this Thursday with a couple of friends for our monthly trip to the Pinball Parlour. We'll be there for the entire 7 to 10 open hours. I'll have a yellow hat on. Say hi if you see me.

#39 10 years ago

Will do. It was the first pin I played last time. I didn't know it was there. A very nice surprise indeed. My plan is Diner first, then Air Aces. Those two got most of my play last time.

1 month later
    #40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kolchak357:

Heading back this Thursday with a couple of friends for our monthly trip to the Pinball Parlour. We'll be there for the entire 7 to 10 open hours. I'll have a yellow hat on. Say hi if you see me.

This again tonight.

#42 10 years ago

This time of year my allergies are awful. I won't even notice a little extra mildew in the air. Besides, the pinball is worth it.

Eric

#43 10 years ago

I wish he would get that Triple Strike working. It has never worked when I've been there.
    Paul also worked late and didn't open til 8:15 or so.

Spent some time at the bowling alley waiting for him to open. They have some good pins over there. POTC is really growing on me.

4 months later
    #44 10 years ago

Gonna hit the Pinball Parlour again this Thursday as long as the weather cooperates. Anyone been there lately? Did they get any more of the EMs working?

#45 10 years ago

Dear Triple Strike,

Please be working on Thusday.

Love & respect,

Eric

1 month later
    #46 10 years ago

Went to the Pinball Parlour last night and it was closed. At least I think it was closed. Got the just before 7 and waited until about 7:30. Nobody ever opened it up. Nothing on the website or Facebook page about it being closed. Tried the phone number and got the answering machine (as usual). Kind of a bummer. Takes me over an hour each way to pick up by friends and drive there. I'd settle for a post it on the door saying they wouldn't be opening that day.

Ended up at the Earl Bowl around the corner and the Earl Bowl in Quakertown. So we were able to salvage the night by playing some very fun pins. BTW they added an Elvis to the Earl Bowl in Earlington. I really like the Elvis pin, so that saved the night for me.

#48 10 years ago

We checked back after we were at the Earl Bowl and still all was dark, including his house. So I think he just wasn't around last night. No big deal I guess, but I don't own any pins and I get a little excited to go there.

5 months later
    #53 9 years ago

Was there last night for a few hours. They removed Williams Liberty Bell from the EM room and replaced it with Williams Rancho. Hated to see Liberty Bell gone. It was one of the few EMs that worked and I enjoyed playing it. Rancho turned out to be a lot of fun though.
    Chris, I played your old Diner as well. It says hi.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Why would anyone go to this place?
    It is a morgue for pinball machines.

I don't own any pins. Kutztown (where I live) has one pin that I'm aware of. So my friends and I go down there every month or so. Yep, the pins are in rough shape, but we still have a good time. It's much better than not playing at all.

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Nice! How is it holding up?
    Chris

Still playing tough. And in pretty good shape. I think I noticed a bulb or two out but that was it. My buddy played it a bunch. Probably his favorite pin there.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyd044:

So where's the single pin in Kutztown? I spend a lot of time working at KU.

At the pizza joint right near campus, Uncle Joe's Pizza. They have a tiny game room on the left when you walk in the door. They have a a Rocky and Bullwinkle. The moose is loose.

#64 9 years ago

Agree with you on the pizza. I usually just buy a soda and ask for change for the pin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kolchak357.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-parlour?tu=kolchak357 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.