(Topic ID: 2009)

Pinball Parlour

By SealClubber

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeschall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 8 years ago

Though this is an old thread, I will post on it since it's the thread with the most recent note about the Pinball Parlour in Earlington. I was there last week, and I hate to run down any pinball business (especially one run by a nice guy at just $6/hour), but I feel obliged to let other pinsiders who might be considering a visit know the machine status at least. Of the 30 EMs there, only 2 were turned on and they worked poorly. Of the 40 solid-state machines that were there, half were turned off, and when I turned those on just in case it was clear they were unplayable. Of the half that were turned on, I tried every one, and exactly 4 of them--Safecracker, Road Show, Taxi, and Diner--could be said to be working, and even they could have used some adjustments and weren't 100%. Problems ranged from badly misaligned flippers to stuck flippers to constant resets to broken parts and rubbers in the ball path. Obviously, these machines are simply not being cared for. I can give further details by PM upon request.

1 week later
    #69 8 years ago

Just visited Allentown again this weekend and instead of the Pinball Parlour I went right across the street to Earl Bowl in Earlington, PA. They have great hours and 8 pins, which were all working either 100% or close to it. The titles I remember were Ripley's, Elvis, Batman Dark Knight, LOTR, and SPP. All 50 cents.

1 month later
    #76 7 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is this place still open? I've been a supporter of Pinball Parlour for years but the last time I went things were in such bad shape I didn't have a good time. I want to give it a chance if he got his act together, has anyone visited it lately?

See my posts above--I was there just a month ago. I'd skip the Pinball Parlour if you're going there expecting working pins. Instead, I'd recommend Earl Bowl right up the street, with 8 pins.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeschall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-parlour?tu=joeschall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.