8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by electricsquirrel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #50 5 years ago

The Pinball Parlour is brutal when it comes to condition. The Railroad and the Pinball Gallery both have a great lineup of excellent playing machines. Go there instead, support the people who actually support the pinball community, and actually have fun playing the games as they were intended. Just my $.02. Also, as a bonus, The Railroad has great food and beer.

#51 5 years ago

not to mention both of the above locations are always open when they say they will be.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kolchak357:

We checked back after we were at the Earl Bowl and still all was dark, including his house. So I think he just wasn't around last night. No big deal I guess, but I don't own any pins and I get a little excited to go there.

Next time you plan a trip there, let me know. I know people that can contact Paul and possibly open for you if he is not there.

And you can always come here to my place to play if he is not able to open. I am about 20 minutes from him.

Chris

5 months later
    #53 4 years ago

Was there last night for a few hours. They removed Williams Liberty Bell from the EM room and replaced it with Williams Rancho. Hated to see Liberty Bell gone. It was one of the few EMs that worked and I enjoyed playing it. Rancho turned out to be a lot of fun though.
    Chris, I played your old Diner as well. It says hi.

#54 4 years ago

Why would anyone go to this place?

It is a morgue for pinball machines.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Why would anyone go to this place?
    It is a morgue for pinball machines.

I don't own any pins. Kutztown (where I live) has one pin that I'm aware of. So my friends and I go down there every month or so. Yep, the pins are in rough shape, but we still have a good time. It's much better than not playing at all.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kolchak357:

Was there last night for a few hours. They removed Williams Liberty Bell from the EM room and replaced it with Williams Rancho. Hated to see Liberty Bell gone. It was one of the few EMs that worked and I enjoyed playing it. Rancho turned out to be a lot of fun though.
    Chris, I played your old Diner as well. It says hi.

Nice! How is it holding up?

Chris

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kolchak357:

I don't own any pins. Kutztown (where I live) has one pin that I'm aware of. So my friends and I go down there every month or so. Yep, the pins are in rough shape, but we still have a good time. It's much better than not playing at all.

Hey I went to school there

If you don't mind driving about an hour, or anyone else in that area, check out The Pinball Gallery in Downintown:
    http://www.pinballgallery.net/

All of the machines are in great shape, and Downingtown is a really nice place to spend the day. If anyone goes and whats some really good food and beer, Station Taproom is right down the street: http://www.stationtaproom.com/home/

They have the best fries you will ever eat in your life, no question.

#58 4 years ago

I wish I had more technical savy. I can clean machines, but the flat out mechanical issues I can't always address. There are so many games there (at the Pinball Parlour) that I don't think I could keep up. My intention was (and had always been) to help Paul with the cleaning and upkeep of the games.

Sadly, through no fault of his, I have not been able to do so. Times is a premium, he has another full time jb that sometimes he works 70 hours a week at. The time is biggest issue, and I honestly think he has been burned in the past, so just having anyone help is not something that is int he realm of feasibility.

I would love to see it once again be a destination, but without help, I can't see that happening.

Hopefully it can change. Hopefully I can be a part of that.

Chris

#59 4 years ago

I

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:I wish I had more technical savy. I can clean machines, but the flat out mechanical issues I can't always address. There are so many games there (at the Pinball Parlour) that I don't think I could keep up. My intention was (and had always been) to help Paul with the cleaning and upkeep of the games.
    Sadly, through no fault of his, I have not been able to do so. Times is a premium, he has another full time jb that sometimes he works 70 hours a week at. The time is biggest issue, and I honestly think he has been burned in the past, so just having anyone help is not something that is int he realm of feasibility.
    I would love to see it once again be a destination, but without help, I can't see that happening.
    Hopefully it can change. Hopefully I can be a part of that.
    Chris

I'd love to go there every few weeks to clean, replace rubbers, etc etc. But if he's been burned before, I'm sure he is pretty wary of a stranger coming in and working on his collection.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Nice! How is it holding up?
    Chris

Still playing tough. And in pretty good shape. I think I noticed a bulb or two out but that was it. My buddy played it a bunch. Probably his favorite pin there.

#61 4 years ago

So where's the single pin in Kutztown? I spend a lot of time working at KU.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyd044:

So where's the single pin in Kutztown? I spend a lot of time working at KU.

At the pizza joint right near campus, Uncle Joe's Pizza. They have a tiny game room on the left when you walk in the door. They have a a Rocky and Bullwinkle. The moose is loose.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kolchak357:

At the pizza joint right near campus, Uncle Joe's Pizza. They have a tiny game room on the left when you walk in the door. They have a a rocky and bullwinkle. The moose is loose.

Pizza is god awful there though

It's all about Main Street Cafe

#64 4 years ago

Agree with you on the pizza. I usually just buy a soda and ask for change for the pin.

6 months later
    #65 4 years ago
    Quoted from pepermintswirl:

The Pinball Parlour is brutal when it comes to condition. The Railroad and the Pinball Gallery both have a great lineup of excellent playing machines. Go there instead, support the people who actually support the pinball community, and actually have fun playing the games as they were intended. Just my $.02. Also, as a bonus, The Railroad has great food and beer.

^^^ this! Love, love, LOVE both places, just waiting for Downingtown to re-open... and holy shizzle is the food at Railroad amazing! Seriously fantastic, every time.

But bumped this thread just to update on Earlington:

My advice is to turn out the lights, part out the collection and call it a day or whatever. The website is insanely out of date, all of the pins are unplayably broken and about half of the video games need work too. I paid for three hours but left after 1:45 and it was a pretty somber drive home. I wanted to cry by the time I realized there was zero point in staying until closing time. At least I won't make that mistake twice.

1 year later
    #67 3 years ago

Though this is an old thread, I will post on it since it's the thread with the most recent note about the Pinball Parlour in Earlington. I was there last week, and I hate to run down any pinball business (especially one run by a nice guy at just $6/hour), but I feel obliged to let other pinsiders who might be considering a visit know the machine status at least. Of the 30 EMs there, only 2 were turned on and they worked poorly. Of the 40 solid-state machines that were there, half were turned off, and when I turned those on just in case it was clear they were unplayable. Of the half that were turned on, I tried every one, and exactly 4 of them--Safecracker, Road Show, Taxi, and Diner--could be said to be working, and even they could have used some adjustments and weren't 100%. Problems ranged from badly misaligned flippers to stuck flippers to constant resets to broken parts and rubbers in the ball path. Obviously, these machines are simply not being cared for. I can give further details by PM upon request.

#68 3 years ago

It is a sad place.
    He has some great games, but all are in terrible condition.

I went a few times, but gave up on the place.

1 week later
    #69 3 years ago

Just visited Allentown again this weekend and instead of the Pinball Parlour I went right across the street to Earl Bowl in Earlington, PA. They have great hours and 8 pins, which were all working either 100% or close to it. The titles I remember were Ripley's, Elvis, Batman Dark Knight, LOTR, and SPP. All 50 cents.

#70 3 years ago

Maybe I'll do that on my way home from Allentown instead...

Has anyone tried offering to buy any of Paul's machines? He's still got most of the coveted DMD titles even if they are in abysmal condition.

#71 3 years ago

This is really sad, I used to go to the pinball parlour with my wife last time I went was about five years ago, the games were not working well so we never went back. I don't know the owner, but spoke with him many times, he was a real nice dude with a passion for pinball. I wonder what happened?

#72 3 years ago

Sounds like the parlour is a bit of a "drag" lately.

I do have some lingering affection. Bought my first game there. It really was perfect, he had several Williams EMs for sale for around $200-400 and that's what I was looking for. Let me play them for a couple hours and I finally settled on argosy.

Almost took satin doll also!

1 month later
    #73 3 years ago

Is this place still open? I've been a supporter of Pinball Parlour for years but the last time I went things were in such bad shape I didn't have a good time. I want to give it a chance if he got his act together, has anyone visited it lately?

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is this place still open? I've been a supporter of Pinball Parlour for years but the last time I went things were in such bad shape I didn't have a good time. I want to give it a chance if he got his act together, has anyone visited it lately?

I was there about a year ago, everything was in bad shape, don't recall specifics anymore but seemed over half were actually unplayable (flippers not working, balls stuck in game mechs, etc).

#75 3 years ago

I just moved here. It's disappointing to know something with so much potential has deteriorated so much and I'll probably never have the opportunity to experience it the way it was intended.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

See my posts above--I was there just a month ago. I'd skip the Pinball Parlour if you're going there expecting working pins. Instead, I'd recommend Earl Bowl right up the street, with 8 pins.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from JOESCHALL:

See my posts above--I was there just a month ago. I'd skip the Pinball Parlour if you're going there expecting working pins. Instead, I'd recommend Earl Bowl right up the street, with 8 pins.

I was at Earl Bowl a week or two ago. Unfortunately, those games are declining in quality as well. Told the owner about both locations and known issues but nothing has been done. It's a great lineup, I hope it doesn't go down the tubes like Pinball Parlour.

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I just moved here. It's disappointing to know something with so much potential has deteriorated so much and I'll probably never have the opportunity to experience it the way it was intended.

There are plenty of other spots in the area for pins, railroad bar in Limerick , Pinball gallery in Malvern, antique arcade in st Peter's to name a few.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

There are plenty of other spots in the area for pins, railroad bar in Limerick , Pinball gallery in Malvern, antique arcade in st Peter's to name a few.

I wouldn't say plenty. You literally just named them all. Sure, a couple other places have a pin or 2, but that list is really it. Fortunately those 3 places are all great.

#80 3 years ago

If you plan your pincrawl carefully, you can hit all three on the same day! It's about a 30 min drive between each of those places.

#81 3 years ago

Those three locations are amazing and there really isn't much reason to visit anywhere else.

A good pinball day starts at St. Peters Village, Heads to Pinball Gallery and then ends up at the Railroad Street Bar and Grill.

St Peters Village has an amazing collection of EM games almost all set to 2 games for 25c. Call ahead to check hours, as sometimes they can vary.

Pinball Gallery is just an amazing free play arcade with 50+ pinball machines. All in very good condition. A bit pricy, but if you plan your visit during the entire hours they are open it is a good deal.

Railroad Street Bar and grill is a great place to pickup a drink and play some pinball. The games are very clean. Only downside is it can be quite loud and sometimes the pinball room can be busy with other patrons who kinda get in the way. Not a very family friendly place in the evening, so plan accordingly. All the games are typically in A+ shape with some amazing titles.

Honestly people who are nearby to this triangle of pinball awesomeness have no idea how good they have it.

#82 3 years ago

Oh trust me, I know how good I have it! Moving here kicked my interest in pinball into overdrive. I can walk to the Village Arcade and when I'm on 2nd shift, I can take advantage of Pinball Gallery's weekday lunch special ($5 for 2 hours) on days like today when I don't sleep late.

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I wouldn't say plenty. You literally just named them all. Sure, a couple other places have a pin or 2, but that list is really it. Fortunately those 3 places are all great.

And they're all near me!!

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from MythMaker:

Those three locations are amazing and there really isn't much reason to visit anywhere else.
    A good pinball day starts at St. Peters Village, Heads to Pinball Gallery and then ends up at the Railroad Street Bar and Grill.
    St Peters Village has an amazing collection of EM games almost all set to 2 games for 25c. Call ahead to check hours, as sometimes they can vary.

Thank you! I never knew about this place.
    Will definitely check it out.

E

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Thank you! I never knew about this place.
    Will definitely check it out.

Oh yeah, it's great. Standard hours are Sat & Sun, noon to 5pm. Sometimes he'll open for a Monday holiday too but definitely call first if you're driving any distance or the weather's particularly bad. Most games are 2 credits per quarter. Here's a more recent walk-through, they've moved around but I think Bally Wizard is the only game he's added since this:

#86 3 years ago

It would be fun to have an EM/Classics tournament at St Peters Village

#87 3 years ago

Going to St. Peters today!

#88 3 years ago

Went to the arcade in St. Peters Village yesterday.

It was pure EM happiness!

All the machines were in great shape, with the exception of one or two that need some freshening up.
    We were there for a few hours and I only spent about $7.00 !!!!
    The village itself was really cool (although quite small).
    We had a great time, and will most certainly go back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 179.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 72.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside