(Topic ID: 2009)

Pinball Parlour

By SealClubber

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 13 years ago

So I drive an hour and a half thru rush hour traffic to go play Pinball at the Pinball Parlour in Earlington, PA. http://www.pinballparlour.com Supposed to have 60 pins or so. And they are freekin closed. Why post hours of operation if you aren't going to be there? Anyone here played there?

It wasn't a total bust though. Thankfully the bowling alley across the street had 7 pins in decent shape. I sat there and played for about 3 hours. The new Batman is wicked awesome with the new software.

#2 13 years ago

Geezzzz at least your trip wasen't a total loss....

#3 13 years ago

I didn't know you were down here in the lower 48 SC

#4 13 years ago

Yeah, 20 year reunion. Fly back tomorrow.

#5 13 years ago

I'm kinda interested in Batman...played it when it first came out. How much different is it?

#6 13 years ago

Shame it wasn't close to Fort Wayne SC .. I would have liked a visit.

#7 13 years ago

Better is all I can say. I don't have all the rules down on that one so I am not sure what was changed or added but it seemed so much more fun this time. Both machines were in good shape so that wasn't a factor. This one just seemed to play a bit faster and have more going on.

If I am ever around Indiana way I will be sure to visit, BD.

#8 13 years ago

Cool..you got me wanting to play it now

1 year later
    #9 12 years ago

Just got back from the Pinball Parlour. Weird hours 7pm to 10pm. I had a blast!!! Played MM,AFM,AF,TZ,MM,IJ,SS,CV, 2 hrs wasn't enough i'll be going back again very soon. I must say out of all the pins I still enjoy Pinbot. Maybe i'll pick up a Jackbot.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Weird hours 7pm to 10pm.

Shouldn't it be 10am to 7pm or the owner just wants some "time" with the machines.

#11 12 years ago

He has another job so he is only open in the evenings. Tho they are open during the day for parties.

Were the machines in good shape Jimmy? I have heard they are pretty run down.

#12 12 years ago

Most of the pins were buggy and could have used a tune up but still a good time at 6 bucks an hr. I'll be going back this week.

#13 12 years ago

You were there last night (Saturday)? I was there last night as well...

#14 12 years ago

The owner has an awesome collection, but nearly every pin has a problem with it. For example, the flipper on MM was misaligned, which made shots to the castle from the left flipper impossible. Its cool to see his wonderful collection, but be prepared to be frustrated.

#15 12 years ago

Also, several machines were not working at all. Several that were on, the dmds were broken. Lights were out on many machines, with some so dark I would say they were unplayable (NGG). Still, if you're in the area, it's worth checking out.

#16 12 years ago

Ya I was there last night night. I made the mistake of taking the wife, so I felt rushed all night while playing. I wanted to test some pins before purchasing.

1 year later
    #17 11 years ago

Heading down to the Pinball Parlour this Thursday with a couple friends. I'll be wearing a yellow baseball cap. If anyone else is there feel free to say hi and make fun of my pinball skills.

Eric

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Ya I was there last night night. I made the mistake of taking the wife, so I felt rushed all night while playing. I wanted to test some pins before purchasing.</blockquote Ok this is weird. A year later... I was there last night.

#19 11 years ago

Hey Jimmy, were a lot of pins down when you were there last night?
    Thanks

#20 11 years ago

The pins I remember not working last night were TAF,FT,HS2,and FH.

#21 11 years ago

Thanks Jimmyd

#22 11 years ago

I went over the weekend and pretty much all of the EMs aren't working, he says he doesn't have anyone to fix them, out of the solid states, most if them that work have issues. TAF, NF, FT, HS2, FH, BOP (plays but display not working), SWE1 were unplayable or off...

RS Ted not working, WW weak flippers, WH20 lock target not working, MM, AFM, under harsh lighting, difficult to see the playfields and play.

The games that played well were SS, EATPM, Banzai Run, Bad Cats, NGG, JY, MB, CFTBL, Hurricane.

Really nice guy, most of the machines are easy fixes, or could use bulb replacement and cleanings.

Doing a review of games for my big year now ill post when I'm finished. There's also a bowling alley earl lanes right down the road that has 7 sterns. The SM and Batman DK, played really nice there.

#23 11 years ago

Bummer about the EMs. He has some great ones there. I've never hit the bowling alley nearby, but I keep meaning to. Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to going on Thursday. I always have a great time. Also taking a cousin for his first time there.

#24 11 years ago

I want to just ask the guy if I can replace the bulbs and clean the machines for him and minor adjustments...I'd do it for free. Just so when I go, the games play better. He just doesn't want to put any $$$ into his games.

#25 11 years ago

Notes from Pinball Parlour last night
    EMs - only three were working (Liberty, OXO, and Doozie)
    All other pins were playable other than Fish Tales.
    They now have 4 colored DMDs (AFM, MM, TAF, STTNG) and they looked beautiful.
    Had a great time as always.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from louknees:

I want to just ask the guy if I can replace the bulbs and clean the machines for him and minor adjustments...I'd do it for free. Just so when I go, the games play better. He just doesn't want to put any $$$ into his games.

This is untrue. He has one volunteer tech with 2 essentially full time jobs. The time is the issue, not the money.

Chris

#28 11 years ago

Forgot to mention that Paul said he just got a Bally Air Aces. He didn't even have it out yet. But he said he was planning to set it up in the next few days.

#29 11 years ago

SealClubber

Dude

Dont worry about the closed Pinball Parlour.

You are just 4 short hours away from the mecca CP Pinball. A magical land where Chuck drinks rum while singing Rush & Mike flys Falcor the good luck dragon dog around the refinery flames high in the sky.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

This is untrue. He has one volunteer tech with 2 essentially full time jobs. The time is the issue, not the money.
    Chris

All I can tell you is what I've seen. I was there over a year ago, and the right flipper for the no fear was inoperable. Same problem existed a year later. The bride of Pinbot display shot and has been for over 1 year. Teds mouth in road show hasn't worked in over a year.

The only thing that leads be to believe it could be a combination of both is that he has purchased the color DMDs for the machines.

Whatever the case is, he should pay someone a little $$$ to get these games working (a whole room of EMs) not working. When I was there before my buddy who is a tech offered his services for essentially nothing and he turned him down.

#31 11 years ago

My last visit before Christmas put me on a EM kick. Bought OXO which is a great game, and Sure Shot and High Hand came this morning.

Dan

#32 11 years ago

Sure Shot will drive you nuts trying to make all the roll overs - addictive game

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

Sure Shot will drive you nuts trying to make all the roll overs - addictive game

It was the first pin I ever bought. Glad I got it back.

Dan

#34 11 years ago

Never played sure shot, looking toward to checking it out sometime this year. OXO was very cool. There are a lot of great EMs out there

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from louknees:

All I can tell you is what I've seen. I was there over a year ago, and the right flipper for the No Fear was inoperable. Same problem existed a year later. The Bride of Pinbot display shot and has been for over 1 year. Teds mouth in Road Show hasn't worked in over a year.
    The only thing that leads be to believe it could be a combination of both is that he has purchased the color DMDs for the machines.
    Whatever the case is, he should pay someone a little $$$ to get these games working (a whole room of EMs) not working. When I was there before my buddy who is a tech offered his services for essentially nothing and he turned him down.

Fair enough. I will see what I can help him with. The games get pounded at the parties he has there. It is a never ending battle. I am not good with electronics, but I can use novus and change bulbs and flipper links.

Chris

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from louknees:

Never played sure shot, looking toward to checking it out sometime this year. OXO was very cool. There are a lot of great EMs out there

If you get in the DC area, look me up.

Dan

4 months later
    #37 10 years ago

Heading back this Thursday with a couple of friends for our monthly trip to the Pinball Parlour. We'll be there for the entire 7 to 10 open hours. I'll have a yellow hat on. Say hi if you see me.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kolchak357:

Heading back this Thursday with a couple of friends for our monthly trip to the Pinball Parlour. We'll be there for the entire 7 to 10 open hours. I'll have a yellow hat on. Say hi if you see me.

Say "Hi" to my old Diner when you're there

Chris

#39 10 years ago

Will do. It was the first pin I played last time. I didn't know it was there. A very nice surprise indeed. My plan is Diner first, then Air Aces. Those two got most of my play last time.

1 month later
    #40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kolchak357:

This again tonight.

#41 10 years ago

Take some Airborne. Man, last time I was there the mildew in the walls really got to me.

Dan

#42 10 years ago

This time of year my allergies are awful. I won't even notice a little extra mildew in the air. Besides, the pinball is worth it.

Eric

#43 10 years ago

I wish he would get that Triple Strike working. It has never worked when I've been there.
    Paul also worked late and didn't open til 8:15 or so.

Spent some time at the bowling alley waiting for him to open. They have some good pins over there. POTC is really growing on me.

4 months later
    #44 10 years ago

Gonna hit the Pinball Parlour again this Thursday as long as the weather cooperates. Anyone been there lately? Did they get any more of the EMs working?

#45 10 years ago

Dear Triple Strike,

Please be working on Thusday.

Love & respect,

Eric

1 month later
    #46 10 years ago

Went to the Pinball Parlour last night and it was closed. At least I think it was closed. Got the just before 7 and waited until about 7:30. Nobody ever opened it up. Nothing on the website or Facebook page about it being closed. Tried the phone number and got the answering machine (as usual). Kind of a bummer. Takes me over an hour each way to pick up by friends and drive there. I'd settle for a post it on the door saying they wouldn't be opening that day.

Ended up at the Earl Bowl around the corner and the Earl Bowl in Quakertown. So we were able to salvage the night by playing some very fun pins. BTW they added an Elvis to the Earl Bowl in Earlington. I really like the Elvis pin, so that saved the night for me.

#47 10 years ago

I went there a month ago and Paul didn't get home until after 7:30pm. We waited too. Once or twice I knocked on his residence to have him open up. Not making excuses, but he does have a day job and works late sometimes. I agree he should just put a sign on the door or open at 8pm instead during the week.

Quoted from Kolchak357:

Went to the Pinball Parlour last night and it was closed. At least I think it was closed. Got the just before 7 and waited until about 7:30. Nobody ever opened it up. Nothing on the website or Facebook page about it being closed. Tried the phone number and got the answering machine (as usual). Kind of a bummer. Takes me over an hour each way to pick up by friends and drive there. I'd settle for a post it on the door saying they wouldn't be opening that day.
    Ended up at the Earl Bowl around the corner and the Earl Bowl in Quakertown. So we were able to salvage the night by playing some very fun pins. BTW they added an Elvis to the Earl Bowl in Earlington. I really like the Elvis pin, so that saved the night for me.

#48 10 years ago

We checked back after we were at the Earl Bowl and still all was dark, including his house. So I think he just wasn't around last night. No big deal I guess, but I don't own any pins and I get a little excited to go there.

#49 10 years ago

The few times I've gone, I've called just to make sure that he would be open that day and if I didn't talk to him that day, I wouldn't make the trip (i'm about an hour away). Also, sometimes if you call and he's around, he'll open early for you (he did that a couple times for us and it was great).

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-parlour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.