Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 449 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gprotein
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2507.JPG
    IMG_2506.JPG
    IMG_2508.JPG
    IMG_2505.JPG
    IMG_2502.JPG
    IMG_2504.JPG
    IMG_2503.JPG
    IMG_2500.JPG
    IMG_2499.JPG
    IMG_2498.JPG
    Party Dec 28-688.jpg
    IMG_7910.JPG
    th-1-869.jpeg
    image.jpg
    score_5625_1.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg
    There are 449 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
    #401 10 years ago

Hey Robert,

Erin and I would like to come if you still have space. Thanks - pm sent.

Lawrence

#402 10 years ago

Hi Folks

if Anyone is interested before the Dec 28th party
    to fine tune some machines (and play some Star Trek LE)
    drop me a line

just some simple going over the games, light bulbs, errors, rubbers etc ?
    also just got in a Metalman, Flash Dragon, Dakar that need some love before the party

#403 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL...I think there's a misunderstanding. My girlfriend isn't against pins! She'll probably think STLE is pretty and fun! Her favorite is Kugler Family - don't think I'll be getting one of those ....that's TOO LE for me! 1 of 1!!!

That's right, get your girlfriends/wifes involved in our hobbies and its all good.

We went to Texas Pinball Festival in 2008 , we both entered a tournament(she didn't want to at first)
    She kicked me out of the Tournament and now I have too look at this Massive 1st Price trophy at my house
    ( you might have seen it , can't be missed , its that BIG !!)

IMG_7910.JPG 225 KB

#404 10 years ago

rvdv - I sent you a PM. Thanks!

#405 10 years ago

PM also sent

#406 10 years ago

Alright , the countdown is getting closer

with the Holiday in between and me getting some food/drinks for the party
    I will close the guest list on Friday dec 27th at Noon time

Will have food (hot dogs,pizza,sandwiches,sushi,taco's,cookies) and drinks( lots) but people are always welcome to bring whatever they like.( can't please everyone)

No drugs are allowed or cockfights will be held.

see all who signed up thus far on the 28th after 1600 pm
    guest will be checked at the door for ID.

Small Tournament will start at 1900 PM (onb Star Trek LE) so be on time
    if you want to join for Bragging rights on Pinside

lets Play Ball and remember: No Balls , No Glory

#407 10 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

I'm not too sure that came out right Robert, but I will abide.

#408 10 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

I'm already RSVP'd, but my friend Jeff (JabberJ) who came last time is hoping to make it. He's flying home that day, so depends on when his plane gets in, but making sure you have his name in case the timing works out.

Also I'll bring Kyle (Hana9so) if he hasn't already talked to you.

Either way I'll see you on Saturday! As long as o-din is bringing avocados.

#409 10 years ago

I have added the last party request to the guest list

I am working hard to tune up all the games
    Some 50+

Any one reads Italian by the way. ?

#410 10 years ago

Is the guest list closed. Wife wants to go and wasn't sure if the RSVP included that?

#411 10 years ago
    Quoted from BillE:

Is the guest list closed. Wife wants to go and wasn't sure if the RSVP included that?

I have added the misses as well

Cheers

#412 10 years ago

Final guest list:

MikeinCali
    Gprotein
    Ron B
    Angie B
    RobT
    O-din (alias mr wasabi)
    Dug
    Dug Junior
    Audihere + 3
    Billi +1
    JimJim66
    Endofline
    VectorVader
    Dave
    Aurich
    TBGolfen
    Animator Pin Fan + Kevin and Babs Sukho
    Gibbous
    AzModeus + 3
    Rarehero
    Force951 + 1
    Fishmugger
    Adam
    Cireone + 1
    PromoJoe23
    Nimblepin + 1
    Tracelifter +1
    Notaflyingtoy + 1
    Eskaybee & MrsSKB + 1/2
    Tatecenter +1
    Bellbrand
    JabberJ
    Hana9so
    Mrart2u
    MrsAmanda2U
    Pat
    Bob T
    Kasey
    Vintage4life
    Tatecenter
    Nifty
    + surprise celebrity !!

There is one hour left to add to the guest list, if you don't see your name let me know
    I might have missed it or you simply are not invited(sorry)

Food will be ordered from catering services so need a head count and booze will be supplied.

Lets have some fun after the holiday stress.

Guest list is CLOSED !!

#413 10 years ago

I ordered Jersey Mikes subs for about 35 people. I'm getting turkey,Italian,roast beef, and club subs. Anybody a vegetarian or tuna lover let me know so I can bring some of those too.

#414 10 years ago
    Quoted from Miniflipper:

I ordered Jersey Mikes subs for about 35 people. I'm getting turkey,Italian,roast beef, and club subs. Anybody a vegetarian or tuna lover let me know so I can bring some of those too.

Thanks Miniflipper, great !!

we have plenty of good by the sounds of things
    I ordered plenty already, drinks are coming too

lets all just have a good time ! so we can do this every year

#415 10 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

Thanks Miniflipper, great !!
    we have plenty of good by the sounds of things
    I ordered plenty already, drinks are coming too
    lets all just have a good time ! so we can do this every year

Quoted from rvdv:

Alright , the countdown is getting closer
    with the Holiday in between and me getting some food/drinks for the party
    Will have food (hot dogs,pizza,sandwiches,sushi,taco's,cookies) and drinks( lots) but people are always welcome to bring whatever they like.( can't please everyone)
    see all who signed up thus far on the 28th after 1600 pm
    guest will be checked at the door for ID.
    Small Tournament will start at 1900 PM (onb Star Trek LE) so be on time
    if you want to join for Bragging rights on Pinside
    lets Play Ball and remember: No Balls , No Glory

So this is an adult only party?

#416 10 years ago
    Quoted from bellbrand:

So this is an adult only party?

Most people are over 21 !!
    there might be some youngers

#417 10 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

Most people are over 21 !!
    there might be some youngers

Okay unless i can find a sitter for my daughter i wont be able to attend

#418 10 years ago
    Quoted from Miniflipper:

Do they do vegan? Prob not but worth a shot.

#419 10 years ago
    Quoted from bellbrand:

Okay unless i can find a sitter for my daughter i wont be able to attend

Bring her! There will be kids there!

#421 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Do they do vegan? Prob not but worth a shot.

I would say no. They make a veggie with only cheese, bell peppers and cucumbers. In place of the meat. But nothing is 100% certified vegan or gluten free as far as I know.

#422 10 years ago
    Quoted from Miniflipper:

I would say no. They make a veggie with only cheese, bell peppers and cucumbers. In place of the meat. But nothing is 100% certified vegan or gluten free as far as I know.

Cool - don't sweat it. If I have time maybe I'll make some veggie sushi rolls so Odin's got something to dip his wasabi in!

#423 10 years ago

Party Dec 28-688.jpgParty Dec 28-688.jpg

#424 10 years ago

Hi Folks

PM 's were send for Saturday party
    see you all there !!

#425 10 years ago

Boo, been away, just saw this now. I'm coming back in town at prob 8pm that night. I hope you guys take Picts and drink beer for me, as well as play lots of pins.

#426 10 years ago

I'm just hoping traffic on the 91 is better than it was for the last party!

#427 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'm just hoping traffic on the 91 is better than it was for the last party!

You got that right.... last time the traffic was horrible! Looking forward to the party

#428 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I'll make some veggie sushi rolls so Odin's got something to dip his wasabi in!

That just doesn't sound right.

#429 10 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

You got that right.... last time the traffic was horrible! Looking forward to the party

Traffic is extra congested
    Cause all folks going to the Pinball Parlor
    In Corona at the same time !!

#430 10 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

That just doesn't sound right.

And he has big Mellons !?

#431 10 years ago

Robert did it again, great party! Aside from our wonderful host it xwas also great to see the usual suspects and get to meet some new ones. Traffic on the 91 was even good!

#432 10 years ago

Thanks to all the folks that came out and made it a Great party !!!!!!

Nice to see olds friends and make new ones

Special Thanks to Nimblepin to check up and fix some games day
    before the Party, I O U brother.
    Special thanks to Miniflipper for the fantastic selection of Jersey Mikes sandwiches
    he brought to the party, delicious !

Food was great, drinks were excellent, pins were sharp
    and Star Trek LE tournament went well for some players

1st price went to Ron with 65 Million
    2nd price for Brad with 55 Million
    3rd price to Pat with 38 million
    4th place Greg with 26 million

One game, Flash Dragon , if you beat the high score the game would make a polaroid of you
    and print out through the front. No one beat it.

For all the people that missed the party... there is always next year !!
    Keep on flipping in the meantime and Happy New Year

IMG_2498.JPGIMG_2498.JPG IMG_2499.JPGIMG_2499.JPG IMG_2500.JPGIMG_2500.JPG IMG_2503.JPGIMG_2503.JPG IMG_2504.JPGIMG_2504.JPG IMG_2502.JPGIMG_2502.JPG IMG_2505.JPGIMG_2505.JPG IMG_2506.JPGIMG_2506.JPG IMG_2507.JPGIMG_2507.JPG IMG_2508.JPGIMG_2508.JPG
    #433 10 years ago

Great party finally nice to put faces to people here on pinside

Thanks Robert for your hospitality....

Lisa

#434 10 years ago

Thanks for another epic party Robert...
    Doug

#435 10 years ago

Bummed I missed this the roads are just too icy up here and too many tourists to deal with that don't know how to drive on them.

#436 10 years ago

Thank you for an amazing party.

Thanks for letting me bring my 2 kids, we have to cultivate interest in pinball with the future generations and my kids had a great time. My daughter was marginally into coming but was very glad she did. My son M already loves pinball so he had fun with your amazing collection, again.

Your an excellent person for hosting these events, I just can't say enough good things about you and your family.

Peace and happy new year to all!

#437 10 years ago

Rob, thanks again for hosting another fantastic pinball party at the Parlor! We had a great time.

#438 10 years ago

Thanks for the party Rob. It was very nice of you to open up your house and share your pins. I drove over 4 hours with BillE and his wife to get there and it was totally worth it. I got to meet and talk to people that were just avatars to me before. It was awesome to put faces with the nicknames.

RobT: Like we have discussed before, 99% of our posts reads like the other person wrote it. Really glad to have met you.

Rarehero and Nimblepin: You both were really nice to meet in person.

Azmodeus: Good luck on your conversion and keep me posted on how it goes. I have the greatest respect for people that attempt and accomplish things like that.

On a side note, here is small review:

STLE kicks ass. The game has the potential to be an all time great once all the software is done. (I did not notice too much on the software, but 3 owners who have way more time on it told me what they would like to see for the modes.) I love the shots, the toys, and how the RGB is used so far. I love fast/quick games and it hit the sweet spot for me. Great job by Stern and Ritchie. I can't wait to put some more time on it.

#439 10 years ago

Thank you for the great party and your hospitality Rob. You have a great home for a pinball collection and some incredible games. I really liked your story about the Hot Wheels. I had a blast and met quite a few Pinsiders for the first time as well.

Thanks to RareHero for driving my ass down there!

#440 10 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

I drove over 4 hours with BillE and his wife to get there and it was totally worth it. I got to meet and talk to people that were just avatars to me before. It was awesome to put faces with the nicknames.

You guys definitely won the hardcore driving award, was good to meet you and BillE.

Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Thanks to RareHero for driving my ass down there!

Glad he did, was good to meet you too Kevin. Especially since we just missed meeting last Monday apparently.

#441 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

You guys definitely won the hardcore driving award, was good to meet you and BillE.

I forgot to mention one big highlight, meeting the man who made the fantastic Shadow translite. It was awesome talking and meeting you. It was very interesting getting the inside scoop and your thought process in making it and the struggles you had doing it. I'm glad I had the opportunity to thank you in person for helping me pimp out my Shadow.

#442 10 years ago

big thanks to rob for a great pin party. what a great collection, good eats, good drinks, good peeps. got to hang with the bakersfield boys, met a lot of pinsiders for the first time. finally met the elusive nimblepin. lookin forward to the next gathering in 2014.

darnit.... now I want a ST le (what a beautiful machine). damn you rob

#443 10 years ago

people came from far again this year: Fresno, Bakersfield, San Diego
    for its seems now the Annual Corona Pinball party" !

Met some really nice new people and look forward to next years party

Like to wish a Happy New Year 2014 to all !!!!

#444 10 years ago

Major thanks to Diana and Robert who were such nice hosts. We enjoyed meeting some Pinsiders and playing pins. Kudos to whoever else brought Fat Tire.

Erin and Lawrence

#445 10 years ago

These get togethers are so great. There's nobody who doesn't get along when we are actually together playing pins! Lots of great people. I actually spent way more time talking to others than playing this time around.

Thanks again, Robert, for putting together such a great party.

#446 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

These get togethers are so great. There's nobody who doesn't get along when we are actually together playing pins! Lots of great people. I actually spent way more time talking to others than playing this time around.

Yeah I barely played at all...lol....the games I played were ones I had. I did the STLE tournament...and I did a few on AC/DC to see if I could challenge RVDV's score. I feel like I've played everything at this point...heh. Wah wah wah That's cool though, I like just hanging out and catching up with people.

#447 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I had to make a conscious effort to play more this time, because last time I was so busy talking to everyone I hardly touched a game. As it was I still spent more time chatting. And that's really why the party is great, with all due respect to Robert's sweet collection.

#448 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I had to make a conscious effort to play more this time, because last time I was so busy talking to everyone I hardly touched a game. As it was I still spent more time chatting. And that's really why the party is great, with all due respect to Robert's sweet collection.

Agreed. The best part of these get togethers and pin shows are the community and face to face communication. As much as I've seen people disagree and argue on forums I've never seen anything close to that when you get together over good discussion and pinball. I love it!

That being said, I didn't play much pinball last night but I never play much a these events. Too many interesting people. I can play pinball anytime.

Good times.

#449 10 years ago

Another fantastic party! Robert and Diana are gracious hosts. Thanks for a great time and opportunity to meet/chat with many local and not so local collectors.

There are 449 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-parlor-in-corona/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.