Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Marten
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0550.JPG
    DSCN0553.JPG
    DSCN0563.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

So on my trip to Denmark last week, I hit the good 'ol Pinball Park arcade I heard about on the VP forums.

I had a blast. Even participated in the tournament(with 5 other people). Did real great up until the last 2 one-on-one rounds where I lost badly. It was like a USA vs. Denmark world cup of pinball. Everyone there was friendly. Got food, beer & fun conversations about favorite & least favorite pins. Oddly enough, one of the games I won the round on was TOTAN. Got about 8 or 9 ramp shots, then hit the genie for big points. Did amazing(15 mil or so) on CV as well.

Got the chance to play the rare Safecracker game. Before I left, I was given a token to play the special "Assault the Vault" mode which was frantic.

Also got to play Banzai Run, which I haven't played since I was a teenager. They have 2 security cameras mounted above 2 pins(Monopoly and SMB) so you can watch others play at the bar.

All in all, an awesome place that you must hit if you're near Copenhagen.

DSCN0563.JPGDSCN0563.JPG DSCN0553.JPGDSCN0553.JPG DSCN0550.JPGDSCN0550.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Dangit, the images rotated back! Ugh. Just turn your monitor sideways.

#3 10 years ago

Looks like an AMAZING place!!!

#4 10 years ago

Cool! My wife's family lives about 30 minutes from there. Guess I'll have to visit them again soon.
    Thanks for the tip!

#5 10 years ago

I live 10 minutes away from that place, and you will be able to find me there most fridays and saturdays I'll most likely be hanging by their Judge Dredd - Awesome machine!!

#6 10 years ago

That place looks great!
    Out of curiosity, what was the rough average price per game in US$?

#7 10 years ago

There is no average price pr. game. You pay 200 DKK when you enter (40 US dollars) and they charge 50 DKK (10 US Dollars) per hour. If you leave before 4 hours has passed, you get the remaining money back, So if you stay for 2 hours, you get 100 DKK (20 US Dollars) back.

If you choose to stay more than 4 hours, I believe that nothing is being charged for that extra time. So you can max. pay 200 DKK (40 dollars) for an entire day, exclusive drinks, and if you stay for less than 4 hours, you get some of the paid money back.

Food is included in the price every friday around 18:00 GMT+1.

If you want to try out new machines or aren't that great in general, it's really awesome. Also you don't have to worry about playing on "drain monsters" like Judge Dredd.

I think it's a fair price, and there are around 40 working Pinball machines and 10-20 working arcade machines (if you fancy that sort of thing). The only machines that cost money is Safe Cracker and Banzai run as far as I know, and you can win 50% of the cash register in those machines by having the highscore at a specified time.

And the machines are in great shape in general.

Post edited by FrederikFrost : Formatting

2 weeks later
    #8 10 years ago

Is it true Glen's closing the place? He posted something about it in Facebook, but I don't trust the Danish translation.

#9 10 years ago

Yes, the facebook message does say that the pinball park has closed for good (I'm Danish, I just happened to have moved to the US). It's a bummer too as I'm going back to Denmark in a couple of weeks and was looking forward to checking out the place

#10 10 years ago

WHAT????

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 10 years ago

I just went and checked, and you are right. There was planned a vacation untill the end of august, but it seems like it changed to for good instead

#12 10 years ago

Wow what a cool looking place.Really do wish that I was closer !

#13 10 years ago

That sucks! I was looking forward to going there. What happened?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-park-in-roskilde-denmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.