(Topic ID: 179676)

Pinball Pale Ale beer by Two Brothers Brewing Company

By stpcore

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6d72068c7b129cf107758dbf8b48e76dce7698c8 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5109 (resized).JPG
    20170331_185047 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0377 (resized).JPG
    20170317_232013 (resized).jpg
    20170317_202604 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3341 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    Two Brothers Pinball (resized).JPG
    Pinball -Juicy Hop Ale (resized).jpg
    20170303_230610 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5090 (resized).JPG
    20170219_125955-picsay (resized).jpg
    20170219_235832 (resized).jpg
    20170219_235714 (resized).jpg
    20170219_194648 (resized).jpg
    There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

I have a close friend who works for Two Brothers Brewing Company in Warrenville, IL. They will be launching their "Pinball Juicy Hop Pale Ale" in early February. I've seen the evolution of this creation from start to finish and I'm super excited to see how it's received by the pinball community as this beer was made for you. I think it's great that they've decided to go with a pinball themed beer and I hope each one of you will give it a try once it rolls out.

Two Brothers Brewing Company has been brewing craft beers out of the Chicagoland area for the past 20 years and have distribution in 12 states.

http://twobrothersbrewing.com/

IMG_5590 (resized).jpgIMG_5590 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Will be in Huntley area weekend after next- any idea if this will be out to distros yet? I know the Binnys on Randall Road out that way usual stocks Two Brothers.

#3 7 years ago

hell yeah! ive been waiting for the pinball and craft beer worlds to merge!!!

off topic: why is it that every non pinball related pinball thing always has the weirdest looking flippers?

#4 7 years ago

it gets a 8/10 for the alcohol content, but only a 4/10 for the artwork. there was another brewery that did a can last year that looked incredible

#5 7 years ago

The artwork on the can looks better in person. With the can being round it looks different in the pic. I think their in-house artist did a very nice job celebrating pinball and it's Chicago roots.

I had submitted artwork for this when the whole pinball idea was first being considered. I had called it "Special When Lit" American Pale Ale (picture below). Although they did not go with my name or artwork they did pay some homage by placing that tagline "Special when lit" across the top of the can which I think was extremely cool.

This beer will start hitting shelves in early February as it's being canned now. I will post and update information as this starts rolling out. Thanks so much for the support of this guys. I've tasted it and its a great beer (not as hoppy as your normal IPA).

Special When Lit (resized).jpgSpecial When Lit (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

Will be in Huntley area weekend after next- any idea if this will be out to distros yet? I know the Binnys on Randall Road out that way usual stocks Two Brothers.

I'll let you know for sure. If it's not available I will see if I can grab some for you and drop it off to Terry at PBL so you can take it back with you!

#8 7 years ago

your design is eight million times better than the one they chose!!

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

your design is eight million times better than the one they chose!!

Thanks for the compliment but I assure you the can design is solid. They also have some variations of that logo for some VERY COOL promotional pinball related items. I'll keep everyone posted on those as well as they will have launch parties for this beer scheduled at some of the reputable pinball bars in the area. I'll also include specifics on those as they become available!

#10 7 years ago

Cool. If you could send something for me to frame and put in my Cigar Room....

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Cool. If you could send something for me to frame and put in my Cigar Room....

I'd be happy to do that for you. If you remember to PM me with Two Brothers in the subject line I'll arrange to have something nice sent your way.

#12 7 years ago

I really don't want to drink a beer that tastes like the smell of an oldEM

#13 7 years ago

I second that your label is much nicer to my eye. Will they be bottling this too or just cans?

#14 7 years ago

Can they up the abv% a few points? Do they have a west coast distributor?

#15 7 years ago

Right now Pinball Juicy Hop Le will be offered year round in cans only.

Two Brothers is currently being distributed in: IL, AZ, CT, FL, IN, IA, OH, MD, MO, NY, WI. Virginia is in the works.

#16 7 years ago

Well crud..I am in Cali...someone send me some beer!

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

I'll let you know for sure. If it's not available I will see if I can grab some for you and drop it off to Terry at PBL so you can take it back with you!

As my Earthshaker would say: "Bitchin!" Thanks, thats a very nice offer. My parents live right across the street from PBL so I'm always looking for an excuse to stop by there.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

As my Earthshaker would say: "Bitchin!" Thanks, thats a very nice offer. My parents live right across the street from PBL so I'm always looking for an excuse to stop by there.

ES was my first pin and I love it. PM me with a week notice and I'll make sure I take care of you.

#19 7 years ago

How about getting some sent to TPF for us in TX...would be cool to do a small launch party there for sure.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

How about getting some sent to TPF for us in TX...would be cool to do a small launch party there for sure.

Without a Two Brothers distributor in your state I don't know if that would be an option unfortunately. The brewery sells/provides to their distributors and not direct to the public (that sounds familiar). That said let me see if there are any options for TPF.

#21 7 years ago

Didn't even know we had one in Scottsdale. Will definitely check it out, the wife loves root beer floats so I will get some points for sure! Thanks!!!

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from jalkelly:

Didn't even know we had one in Scottsdale. Will definitely check it out, the wife loves root beer floats so I will get some points for sure! Thanks!!!

Just remember that Pinball Juicy Hop Pale Ale won't be available until early February. That Scottdale location is nice.

#23 7 years ago

No PA? That sucks. I might have to run to OH to find some. Ohio Pinball Show is coming up. Will definitely pick some up, if I can find it.

#24 7 years ago

A couple of launch parties are happening in February. The first announced launch party for Pinball Juicy Hop Pale Ale...

Level 257 in Schaumburg, IL
    Date: Feb 17th 7-10pm

Details for a second launch party at Logan Arcade in Logan Square (IL) are being worked on now. I'll update with that info ASAP.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

hell yeah! ive been waiting for the pinball and craft beer worlds to merge!!!
    off topic: why is it that every non pinball related pinball thing always has the weirdest looking flippers?

4 Hands Contact High 3 (resized).jpg4 Hands Contact High 3 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #26 7 years ago

Pinball Juicy Hop Pale Ale should now be rolling out to all 12 states. I'll be giving away a 30" x 52" Pinball Juicy Hop Pale Ale banner, t-shirt, koozie, button, and key fob (randomly at the end of the month). It will look great in that game room! To enter the random drawing post your picture of your Pinball Juicy Hop Pale Ale beer (you do not have to be in the actual pic so feel free to find a fun background for your picture). One username will be drawn from all posts containing a pic and a prize package will be sent free of charge in March of 2017. The last day to post a pic to enter the giveaway is February 28th, 2017.

Special thanks to Stern Pinball (Elk Grove Village,IL) and Pinball Life (Huntley, IL) for their help with the Two Brothers Pinball Juicy Hop Pale Ale event that took place last Thursday at the brewery. Each company provided two machines (Stern: KISS Pro, Ghostbusters Pro and Pinball Life: Star Trek Pro, Game of Thrones Pro) for the beer distributors and sales staff to play.

Here is an update on public launch parties for Pinball Beer...

CHICAGO RELEASE PARTY
    FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10TH 7PM - 10PM
    LOGAN ARCADE (CHICAGO, IL)
    "BEAT THE BREWER"

SUBURBAN RELEASE PARTY
    FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH 7PM - 10PM
    LEVEL 257 (SCHAUMBURG, IL)
    "PINBALL TOURNAMENT"

Pinball Juicy Hop Pale Ale is currently "Beer of the Month" at the following locations:

BIG ONION GROUP (6 LOCATIONS)
    MAIN STREET PUB GLEN ELLYN
    LINCOLN STATION
    ARROGANT FROG
    BRASS TAP ORLAND PARK
    LOCALL 22
    POAG MAHONES
    WHIRLY BALL CHICAGO

20170202_175801 (resized).jpg20170202_175801 (resized).jpg
    20170202_182344 (resized).jpg20170202_182344 (resized).jpg
    20170202_190706 (resized).jpg20170202_190706 (resized).jpg
    20170202_194229 (resized).jpg20170202_194229 (resized).jpg
    20170202_194412 (resized).jpg20170202_194412 (resized).jpg

#28 7 years ago

How can I find where in IL/IN I can buy it?

#29 7 years ago

They had it at Mariano's in Arlington Heights IL this past Saturday. They had a table set up with someone promoting it, and were also giving out stickers and key chains with the logo.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Two Brothers is currently being distributed in: IL, AZ, CT, FL, IN, IA, OH, MD, MO, NY, WI. Virginia is in the works.

How can I get it in Louisiana or Texas?

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

How can I get it in Louisiana or Texas?

Presently there is not a distributor in those states so buying Two Brothers beer is not possible as of right now.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

How can I find where in IL/IN I can buy it?

Call your favorite supplier to see if they stock it. If they aren't you can request that they do. Just about any place that offers Two Brothers should be offering Pinball this month. If for some reason they aren't you can certainly request that they order.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Presently there is not a distributor in those states so buying Two Brothers beer is not possible as of right now.

Well, that's a bummer. Any chance of them expanding down south any time soon(ish)?

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, that's a bummer. Any chance of them expanding down south any time soon(ish)?

I honestly don't know. I do know that they've consistently expanded over the past several years and that they are distributed in southern states (Florida and Arizona).

1 week later
    #35 7 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Pinball Juicy Hop Pale Ale should now be rolling out to all 12 states. I'll be giving away a 30" x 52" Pinball Juicy Hop Pale Ale banner, t-shirt, koozie, button, and key fob (randomly at the end of the month). It will look great in that game room! To enter the random drawing post your picture of your Pinball Juicy Hop Pale Ale beer (you do not have to be in the actual pic so feel free to find a fun background for your picture). One username will be drawn from all posts containing a pic and a prize package will be sent free of charge in March of 2017. The last day to post a pic to enter the giveaway is February 28th, 2017.

Time to get to work!

1487374608331-1369239950 (resized).jpg1487374608331-1369239950 (resized).jpg

#37 7 years ago

Pinball and pinball beer!

tmp_24279-IMG_20170218_1639162055954501.jpgtmp_24279-IMG_20170218_1639162055954501.jpg

#38 7 years ago

So for those who have tasted this Pinball beer, how was it?

#39 7 years ago

Someone ship me a can and I'll pay for it. Have no desire to drink any ale though. Bleh.

Make a "Black Hole Stout" or something and I'm in.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Someone ship me a can and I'll pay for it. Have no desire to drink any ale though. Bleh.
    Make a "Black Hole Stout" or something and I'm in.

Stouts are usually ales .

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Stouts are usually ales .

I never claimed to be smart in this regard. I fully admit my incompetency in this arena and eat my shoes. =|

And now I'm going to go try to educate myself a bit more.....really don't enjoy faceplanting like that, LOL.

#42 7 years ago

Wish this would hit Indy soon. Checked earlier this week at my go to liquor store and checked Meijer today. Both distribute Two Brothers. Nothing yet. The liquor store owner said he will speak with his rep to determine allotment.

I'm an IPA guy. Hoppier the better. Is this stuff any good?

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I never claimed to be smart in this regard. I fully admit my incompetency in this arena and eat my shoes. =|
    And now I'm going to go try to educate myself a bit more.....really don't enjoy faceplanting like that, LOL.

Beers are ales or lagers difference is the yeast used . Ales ferment at around room temperature , and work from the top down so it usually stays in the beer and can add to or accent flavours in the beer . Lagers ferment at a lower temperature from the bottom and the yeast can settle out of the beer and in some cases leave little or no flavour or accent to the beer . And some beers the yeast is filtered out .

#44 7 years ago

Gonna have to find me some. We have visited their brewery after sampling their product at the Chicago Beer Fest. I probably drink a total of a 12 pack off beer a year, but we do like their stuff. Definitely worth a try.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Gonna have to find me some. We have visited their brewery after sampling their product at the Chicago Beer Fest. I probably drink a total of a 12 pack off beer a year, but we do like their stuff. Definitely worth a try.

Binny's in Chicagoland carries it, and it's on sale this weekend.

http://www.binnys.com/beer/Two_Brothers_Pinball_949990.html

#46 7 years ago

This is an American Pale Ale. The brewing process is a little different with this one as the hops were added after the boil. This gives the beer a more subtle taste regarding the hops. I'm also an IPA guy and although Pinball Pale Ale isn't extremely hoppy it's uses athe largest variety of hops than any other beer they are currently brewing and is definitely a hoppy beer.

#47 7 years ago

Bleh. Like I said...someone send me a can and I'll keep it as a decoration...have no interest in the contents, lol.

#48 7 years ago

Zombie Dust is also an APA, so if that's any indication, this will also be a big winner.

Quoted from Frax:

Bleh. Like I said...someone send me a can and I'll keep it as a decoration...have no interest in the contents, lol.

For the price of a 6-pack, I'll send you an empty. I wouldn't waste good beer on decoration.

#49 7 years ago

Pinball wizard APA was created by Clifford brewing company out of Hamilton Ontario, in Canada almost 2 years ago.

http://www.cliffordbrewing.com/beer/pinball-wizard/

#50 7 years ago

A friend has it on tap at his downtown Toronto barcade.

(Not him pictured)

C4Z1uDJXUAAmIOJ (resized).jpgC4Z1uDJXUAAmIOJ (resized).jpg

Cg0_k0IUoAAVEbf (resized).jpgCg0_k0IUoAAVEbf (resized).jpg

15094433_824668224339876_6331287676785749176_n (resized).jpg15094433_824668224339876_6331287676785749176_n (resized).jpg

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-pale-ale-beer-by-two-brothers-brewing-company?hl=sadler28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.