Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pezpunk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    Yeah-Right-On.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cruzin1a.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I will say that it does not hurt that in 2 years time I have gotten pretty lucky with some good deals (1 in particular; MM) that helped to offset the cost of my entire collection when I sold.
    I currently have real $ of 11250 in my entire 8 pin collection.
    If you add up the 24 months of saved drinking out at an avg of $100 per month, that knocks it down to $8850. Take off another 1000 in games played (yeah I do not play that much) brings it down to $7850. Take down the value of a pinball education of various course I could have taken at local community colege and still not learned what I have already, est value 5k and that brings it down to $2850.
    I'd say if you think about pinball as a normal hobby, it puts it all in perspective. I have gotten at least another $2850 of enjoyment out of pinball.
    Things are a lot more fun when you are not concerned about the value of a game
    That was part of the reason I had to sell MM. It made me think about $ value instead of fun value.

I had a beautiful Triumph Bonneville I sold this past summer for the same reason.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cruzin1a.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-ownership-philosophy?tu=cruzin1a and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.