Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Grayman_EM
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E261ED28-D952-43F0-8090-EEB177971968 (resized).jpeg
    613D358F-0C09-4E61-B602-BC2A20AF0575 (resized).jpeg
    43BA3B52-BA5B-4CF6-BECE-D73F6219F10C (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    joanna-krupa-thumbs-up (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-12-02-09-05-34 (resized).png
    lcnROQO (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwilson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I’m personally spending way more time in a group chat of friends. We talk pinball 24/7, and nobody spends time here. This is a group of hardcore collectors. Pinball maniacs. We all eat, sleep and breathe pinball... but nobody can stand the world’s largest pinball site?! That’s a problem.

I do this as well, but I also come back to Pinside because just hanging out in an echo chamber of people who think exactly like me all the time gets a bit repetitive. I come here because I can get all kinds of info and discussion I can't get in the closed groups.

Do I wish some of the more vocal... people... would maybe go away? Sure. But it's not my site and I can't just ban those guys so I choose to gloss over them for the most part and take what I want from everyone else.

I choose to stay and try to contribute to add value to Pinside. If you just give up and go away, you're letting them win.

#14 6 years ago

I would like to point out that this place is a lot more friendly to women than it used to be. Not quite as much frat bro "hur hur" crap and posts with lots of boobs.

So, there's been improvement.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Person A “Want to play my pinball machines?”
    Person B “Dude, it looks like a clown had diarrhea on your playfields. You’re an idiot for spending so much money on BM66. I will never buy a NIB Stern. WOZ sucks.”

I will totally say this in person to my friends!

But strangers, no.

Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I have literally never had a bad personal experience in the hobby. Tournaments, shows, purchases, sales, Barcades, conversations etc etc. In 20 plus years of Pinball collecting, Nobody has ever said anything rude to me.

You can't really apply that to all people in the hobby, for a variety of reasons...

That said, you get what you give and if you're a nice guy, people will generally be nice back. However, the "haters" will tend to hang out with other "haters" at shows and snark the shit out of people, games, etc. amongst themselves. The problem here is we're all grouped together in one melting pot, so you'll get personality conflicts you wouldn't get in person.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwilson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-opinions?tu=jwilson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.