3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by isJ
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I just wanted to share a sweet moment I had as a somewhat new operator. I started my business in February for repair and operation. (great timing right?) Sometime in early March I remember a couple of older gentleman having an incredibly good time playing TSPP while I was doing some work on the machine next to them, one of them reached couch multiball which isn't a casual player feat for most.
    They seemed fairly buzzed for a 3pm weekday but were having great fun so I talked with them a bit about pinball and gave them my card. Just tonight I had a voicemail from one of them who was distraught by the lack of pinball at the venue now that they're open again. He was pleading that I should bring them back. I gave him a call back to let him know that I was waiting to hear back from management about when the machines should come back and he just went on about how well the machines were maintained and how he'd give the owner an earful if they didn't let me bring them back.

I guess I was just touched a bit by the childlike enthusiasm of this fellow pinball fan and how he felt the need to call to make sure I wasn't the one who backed out of operating machines.

I hope I can help him with his pinball itch soon, but also safely.

#2 3 years ago

My friend and I routed starting last November. Unfortunately the bar we operated in closed permanently, but we had so many people light up and have a great time, it really made it worth the effort. I have had several people reach out and ask when we will be operating again. It is really touching to hear how people were impacted (in whatever small way, pinball or not) by your own actions.

Good luck with your venture!

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

My friend and I routed starting last November. Unfortunately the bar we operated in closed permanently, but we had so many people light up and have a great time, it really made it worth the effort. I have had several people reach out and ask when we will be operating again. It is really touching to hear how people were impacted (in whatever small way, pinball or not) by your own actions.
    Good luck with your venture!

Aw, sorry to hear that, I hope you find an appropriate location soon.

#4 3 years ago

Here is a fun operator voice/fan mail This is a voice mail I received in 2016 during opening night at Up-Down MN at 1:30 in the morning. Attack had an issue on opening night that needed some adjustment after the game got hammered all night long.

Language Warning

http://dsmpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/voicemail-462.m4a

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

This is a voice mail I received

Doesn't work. Many lines of gibberish.

LTG : )

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jahkub:

I guess I was just touched a bit by the childlike enthusiasm

The praise is always good. Nice to know your hard work is appreciated.

You'll get the negative too. If true or within your ability to do something about it, you can learn from them. If not true or vindictive with ulterior motives, you'll get those too.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Doesn't work. Many lines of gibberish.

To paraphrase: man is upset about condition of AFM. Perhaps a little too upset.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-operator-fanvoicemail and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.