4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JimFNB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190505_172546 (resized).jpg
    20190505_172544 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

I'm at a sports bar, in front of me is damn plane races.. no kidding, wtf? Sitting here thinking, how could you make pinball interesting enough... how the hell would u do it? It would have to be more interesting than this shit... I dunno maybe it wouldn't fly, wondering what folks think...

20190505_172544 (resized).jpg20190505_172544 (resized).jpg20190505_172546 (resized).jpg20190505_172546 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

The only way imo is to do it like the WSOP. Never live. Always taped and shot bits and pieces, most exciting stuff. Only certain formats too. Like the heads up stuff.

#3 4 years ago

I think it would have to have a little bit for everyone....in a half hour showing:

Featured machine, brief explanation of rules, the history of it (how many were made, designer, coder, etc) estimated value.

Private collector shows off game room....nostalgia story of how they got started collecting pins.

Highlights of a weekend major circuit event.

Highlight periodic weekend shows

Tech mods, must haves mods for a certain pin(s)

Something like that...brief segments on different pieces of the pinball world....something for everyone.

#4 4 years ago

I imagine you need personalities to sustain a show, could you do pinball competition delayed like WSOP?

#5 4 years ago

Since the dawn of time man has been fascinated with the dream of flying and reaching the sky.
    Or some shit....my point is watching planes race is probably 1000 times more interesting to people than pinball.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Something like this, without the german bla bla ofcourse

Wow, do you really need to clownpuke your game when the whole fucking room is purple & blue already?

#8 4 years ago

Bowen and Trent play against each other paired with random n00bs, a pro on one flipper and noob on the other.

Or groups of couples or friends play against each other, again each one taking a flipper.

Need to create some conflict to bring out the personality. It’d be nice if they already have some conflict — ‘those asshats are always blowing their leaves into our yard.’

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-on-tv-how-could-it-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.