Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I watch Criminal Minds, and during last night's episode they quickly flashed by a pin at a murder scene in a house. I told my wife to stop it and run it back (leading to some rolled eyes).

1950 Genco Rocket. Did have some blood on it, should clean up nicely

Anyone else see that? Anyone have this game? Old woody with the flippers pointed the opposite way.

#2 9 years ago

Same thing happened me when watching The Abyss. GF gave me guff because I couldn't identify the Secret Service, I had to look it up.

#3 9 years ago

Yeah, I caught that. I also found it amusing that they showed it right when one of the agents said, "they have some expensive toys". I love that show.

#4 9 years ago

A couple of weeks ago on CM there was a Whirlwind in the secret "mancave" of the pedophile they were chasing down. The name "Whirlwind" was covered on the side of the cabinet.

#5 9 years ago

I guess I'm not the only one that does that. In the movies, they're often too far off in the background to identify them...

#6 9 years ago

I'd love to find a Genco "Rocket". They also made "Mercury" and "South Pacific" with the same playfield layout.
Yup, I see lots of pins on TV shows and movies. I always amaze my wife when I can identify a game just by catching a glimpse of the side art, or a distant view of the backglass. Of course she doesn't know if I'm right or not, but she assumes that I know my pins!

#7 9 years ago

We all know a guy in Atlanta that gets most of his dates through his pinball identification skills...

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from sckurk:

We all know a guy in Atlanta that gets most of his dates through his pinball identification skills...

???

#9 9 years ago

I was wondering the same thing ???
Lol

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I watch Criminal Minds, and during last night's episode they quickly flashed by a pin at a murder scene in a house. I told my wife to stop it and run it back (leading to some rolled eyes).
1950 Genco Rocket. Did have some blood on it, should clean up nicely
Anyone else see that? Anyone have this game? Old woody with the flippers pointed the opposite way.

Thanks for spoiling the show for me. LOL...just kidding. I watch the episodes on DVR a week or two later.
Criminal Minds also had an episode about a month ago and they stumbled upon a child molester's apartment where he would lure children. They staged the apartment with two pinball machines. One was a Whirlwind with the art package modified on the side of the cabinet. I cannot remember the title of the other game . It might have been High Speed.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Thanks for spoiling the show for me. LOL...just kidding. I watch the episodes on DVR a week or two later.
Criminal Minds also had an episode about a month ago and they stumbled upon a child molester's apartment where he would lure children. They staged the apartment with two pinball machines. One was a Whirlwind with the art package modified on the side of the cabinet. I cannot remember the title of the other game . It might have been High Speed.

Yeah, only goes to show ya no EM guy would ever be portrayed as a child molester! Murderers? Yeah, maybe!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-on-criminal-minds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.