Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hayfarmer
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ED33772A-6143-4743-AB95-143DA4E18B62 (resized).jpeg
    331C54C0-1C08-4637-9703-43EBF7BBD1BD (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

I didn't care for pinball on carpet. Put down some furniture sliders and it helped a bit but still didn't love it. Put down some flooring that clicks together and liking this a lot! Will see how it holds up.

331C54C0-1C08-4637-9703-43EBF7BBD1BD (resized).jpeg331C54C0-1C08-4637-9703-43EBF7BBD1BD (resized).jpeg
    #2 3 years ago

It'd certainly help for doing a slide save

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Maiden:I didn't care for pinball on carpet

Not sure what you are going for or what you don't like about pins on carpet but I prefer them on carpet compared to off. I use these https://cointaker.com/products/pin-shoes on my games on carpet to keep them from sliding. (they have black rubber ones as well but those will leave black smudges on your carpet that do not come off) I just added another pinroom in 2018 and it has a wood look click together laminate flooring. I also use the pin-shoes on my pins in this area but I've found that the games still tend to move (especially if the game has a shaker) which is annoying, so I added a non slip pad under them to keep them in place. Still "testing" to find the best way to keep them from moving.

Phoebe

#4 3 years ago

I prefer carpet. Just got a all carpet game room back and love it.

1 month later
    #5 3 years ago

This topic is interesting to me as I have purchased a couple of games but have not yet set them up. Why? Because I am planning to do so in a carpeted room, and was wondering about any implications for doing so... specifically, I don't want the legs to make holes in the carpet (these machines ARE heavy, of course!), possible sliding, and anything else I may not be aware of. I thought one other problem might be that the carpet may become excessively worn in front of the machines, as we stand and play them.

So, my current question is whether the Pin Shoes recommended by Butterflygirl24 will help to avoid holes in the carpet. It just doesn't seem "good" to have the metal levelers at the bottom of the legs digging into the carpet! (I suppose I should add that my carpet is not Berber or any other "high-traffic" or indoor/outdoor carpet; it is what you would normally find in a living room... medium-length plush carpet, with a good padding)

#6 3 years ago

I should have added that another type I was looking at is something like this:
    ebay.com link: Leg Leveler Castor Floor Protectors For Pinball Machines

At least it would avoid metal-to-carpet contact. Any thoughts?

#7 3 years ago

I have these sliders and I love them. They don’t move until you want them to. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Furniture-Sliders-for-Carpet-8-per-pack-83036N12/203566381

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from RetroRick:

I should have added that another type I was looking at is something like this:
    ebay.com link » Leg Leveler Castor Floor Protectors For Pinball Machines
    At least it would avoid metal-to-carpet contact. Any thoughts?

I have some of these that I used under Robotron and Varkon, and they bend easy and once the carpet section on the bottom gets rubbed off they aren't very effective.

The ones I posted don't leave any marks on the carpet like the rubber ones...they will leave an indentation but on my carpet they do go back to normal after the pin has been moved, it takes a bit and a few vacuuming sessions over the carpet but they eventually go away.

Quoted from dq13:

I have these sliders and I love them. They don’t move until you want them to. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Furniture-Sliders-for-Carpet-8-per-pack-83036N12/203566381

These are like the Sliders that I use under the pin shoes when I want to move my pins on carpet...I don't like to leave them under them unless I'm working on it or something cause they will slide while playing and that is pretty much why I put the silicon shoes on them in the first place. YMMV but they move for me while playing.

Phoebe

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from RetroRick:

...will help to avoid holes in the carpet. It just doesn't seem "good" to have the metal levelers at the bottom of the legs digging into the carpet! ....

They should be fine, I wouldn't be too worried. I had 3 machines in a bedroom with "normal" carpeting for years.

#10 3 years ago

Just wanted to say "THANKS!" for all of the subsequent replies and information!
    Especially from Butterflygirl24; I think I will try your recommended solution first!
    Many thanks!

#11 3 years ago

I have had good luck with the pin footies on carpet, but have to agree with Phoebe as we’ll.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I have some of these that I used under Robotron and Varkon, and they bend easy and once the carpet section on the bottom gets rubbed off they aren't very effective.
    The ones I posted don't leave any marks on the carpet like the rubber ones...they will leave an indentation but on my carpet they do go back to normal after the pin has been moved, it takes a bit and a few vacuuming sessions over the carpet but they eventually go away.

These are like the Sliders that I use under the pin shoes when I want to move my pins on carpet...I don't like to leave them under them unless I'm working on it or something cause they will slide while playing and that is pretty much why I put the silicon shoes on them in the first place. YMMV but they move for me while playing.
    Phoebe

You have a picture of the Cointaker ones on carpet?

#13 3 years ago

Try these ones on carpet, they protect and slide well. They have a cup that fits perfect around the pad. Scotch SP646

ED33772A-6143-4743-AB95-143DA4E18B62 (resized).jpegED33772A-6143-4743-AB95-143DA4E18B62 (resized).jpeg
    #14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Liftserv:

Try these ones on carpet, they protect and slide well. They have a cup that fits perfect around the pad. Scotch SP646[quoted image]

Doesn’t this make the machine want to move around?

I use something similar for Moving them across my carpeted room.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I use something similar for Moving them across my carpeted room.

It takes some effort to move the machine because of the size.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Not as much as you think...and certain(t)ly not the back legs.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Not as much as you think...and certain(t)ly not the back legs.

These are the ones I use for moving the machines around on my high pile carpet.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Furniture-Sliders-for-Carpet-8-per-pack-83036N12/203566381

They move effortlessly with these, maybe those smaller scotch ones move less.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

These are the ones I use for moving the machines around on my high pile carpet.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Furniture-Sliders-for-Carpet-8-per-pack-83036N12/203566381
    They move effortlessly with these, maybe those smaller scotch ones move less.

Yep those are the ones I use too, cheaper the better!
    Move a machine around well but not so much when playing. Although I usually take them off the front legs

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep those are the ones I use too, cheaper the better!
    Move a machine around well but not so much when playing. Although I usually take them off the front legs

I’ll give them a try, never would have thought they’d be good for playing.

#20 3 years ago

Due to humidity my feet always end up rusting over time and ruining the carpet. Additionally, I move mine around more than I'd like for various reasons. For these reasons I put all of mine on floor movers. They don't slide easy enough with them to cause issues. The only downside is over time they heaviness of them detaches the foam from the plastic which requires readjusting every so often. I've tried the ones above and others. It really doesn't matter what you get. Just get whatever you can find cheap that are slightly bigger than the feet.

#21 3 years ago

Problem with hard floors is the echo. I put in carpet and the sound is much better. But I like music pins at full volume tho,,

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-on-carpet-solution and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.