(Topic ID: 4234)

Pinball On A Stick!!!!!!!

By pinheadpuckguy

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

http://www.pinballonastick.com/

Check it out. I can't wait. I had a blast last year.

#2 12 years ago

I am pumped for this as well! Last year's line up was pretty great.

2 years later
    #3 10 years ago

Im thinking about coming up for the fair this year. How are the games usally priced, or is there one cost? or are they on freeplay?
    thanks

#4 10 years ago

50 cents my friend. WOZ might be more..............I dunno.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

50 cents my friend. WOZ might be more..............I dunno.

a chance to play WOZ would be cool. and worth the trip.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

a chance to play WOZ would be cool. and worth the trip.

Head over to Lloyds if you don't want to wait:

http://www.ssbilliards.com/

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

or are they on freeplay?

Coin play. No entry fee to get into the arcade where they are at.

Bigger line up this year. Brian Millard is I believe the driving force. Great games, great shape. And they are on them every day to keep them that way.

Awesome pinball exhibit, you don't want to miss it. Plan to go, and go more than once. Show you appreciate their hard work and dedication.

LTG : )
    P.S. Others are involved too. Bryan Kelly, Jason Rufer, Vince. Many others. No small task to get all their work done.

#8 10 years ago

Sounds awesome! I will have to make the trek up to come play!

#9 10 years ago

It's nice to see this come back. I miss the days when the State Fair had not one, but THREE arcades, and often they had early 80s games in stock, well into the 1990s.

Remember going to the fair with my girlfriend playing the T2 pin, and cutting my hand on the side rails. Had to wrap my finger in a napkin + a string around it to tie it. It was like walking around with a tampon on my hand.

#10 10 years ago

Is there also an arcade at the state fair as well, i was looking on the MN fair website and it made it sound like there was.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

Is there also an arcade at the state fair as well, i was looking on the MN fair website and it made it sound like there was.

I believe POAS is in the arcade this year.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I believe POAS is in the arcade this year.

ahh yes, makes sense. thank you.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

Look at the map. Find Dan Patch Ave and Underwood St.

Butterfly house is on the map. This building was originally "The Penny Arcade". Some years back the Burrterfly house went in the south east corner of the building. Pinball On A Stick was the next part of that building going west. And the new arcade the west side of the building.

Pinball On A Stick is now inside the arcade part of the building.

Playland Arcade is still there at the corner of Carnes Ave and Nelson St.
    Brian Millard, the driving force of POAS worked there for 11 years and ran it for 4 years. Though these days it is mostly redemption stuff.

#14 10 years ago

http://www.mnstatefair.org/interactive/maps/

Map here. POAS is in section F, right side of that section not quite half way up.

Only thing marked is the Butterfly House.

#15 10 years ago

Great artwork on the front page except the little dude is about as handsome as Angus. If only there were events like this around here.

#16 10 years ago

If I had the $$$, I'd be happy to attend this event, and maybe catch a Viking camp practice!

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from balbers:

and maybe catch a Viking camp practice!

Those guys practice?

chris

#18 10 years ago

It's priced pay for play. The price isn't set in stone yet but will be more than 50 cents.

Quoted from mojozone:

Im thinking about coming up for the fair this year. How are the games usally priced, or is there one cost? or are they on freeplay?thanks

#19 10 years ago

Of course, there is a ticket price to get into the state fair as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-on-a-stick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.