Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by FightNightFZ
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Fresh_Balls_products.jpg

#1 4 years ago

My long road to WWE LE had been tedious. Finally shipping occurs only for it to be delayed by weather. Today it was supposed to arrive between 3-5. I wait home and nothing. No delivery guy, no call, nothing. I call the shipping company (Con-way) only to find out that my machine is missing and they can't find it anywhere. Wow, freaking wow. No one was going to call me and let me know? Instead I waste a day off at home waiting for nothing. Where I work (Amazon) heads would roll of this happened to a customer. The guy on the phone acted like nothing happened and closed the call with "have a good evening". After you lost my pin???? Good evening??? Uh yeah, not gonna happen. Well, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

#2 4 years ago

Yikes! Sorry to hear that, hope they get it sorted!

#3 4 years ago

Please post good news tomorrow!

#4 4 years ago

Try calling Kevin at Skit-B. He has the skinny on how to make machines vanish.

#5 4 years ago

Unfortunately this seems like SOP for shipping companies. Now you have to hope they actually find it, then make the delivery without any damage having been done. Prepare to take another day off of work...

#6 4 years ago

The Teamsters, working for YOU!

#7 4 years ago

Fortunately you're covered if they lost it. Dont worry the shipping company is 100% on the hook for this.

#8 4 years ago

They still do the old it must have fell off the truck?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The Teamsters, working for YOU!

Most of Conway shipping is a NONUNION company. Odds are no Teamsters were involved in this fiasco.

#10 4 years ago

The way you talk, it sounds like it wasn't insured.

Don't sweat the small stuff, you'll be fine.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Conway is a NONUNION shipping company.

Never let the facts, get in the way of a good story. The Teamsters have been trying to organize Con-Way for awhile. Time to re-read Transport Topics.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Never let the facts, get in the way of a good story. The Teamsters have been trying to organize Con-Way for awhile.

You don't understand your own "facts."

Conway is NOT a union shipping company. The vast majority of the company is non-union.

Whether or not the Teamsters have been trying to organize Conway has little bearing here. The odds are this bungle did not involve any teamsters.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You don't understand your own "facts."
Conway is NOT a union shipping company. The vast majority of the company is non-union.
Whether or not the Teamsters have been trying to organize Conway has little bearing here. The odds are this bungle did not involve any teamsters.
But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

I certainly do understand.
And, I won't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Maybe I'll see you at MATS this week in Louisville?

#14 4 years ago

I do know know what MATs is. I do know what Louisville is.

Love to be there but unfortunately I'll be in one of the dullest cities I know, DC.

#15 4 years ago

DC is just a little bit cooler now that it's got 2 decent pin locations on 14th street northwest, Lymans tavern and the black Cat.

#16 4 years ago

sorry this happened def a bummer

but as a buyer, you never received the game "lost in transit"

isn't the shipper liable for it at this moment ?

hope the Hulkster comes home to you, safe and sound

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I do know know what MATs is. I do know what Louisville is.
Love to be there but unfortunately I'll be in one of the dullest cities I know, DC.

If your plans change and you can attend, I'll be working one of the large booths in the South hall all three days. Leaving the zoo day (Saturday) at noon. I'd even buy you a Kentucky Pork Producers Association sandwich. Send me a pm if you think you'll be there.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Where I work (Amazon) heads would roll of this happened to a customer.

sorry about your situation and i will back up 100% what you say about the company you work for! makes it hard for me to buy anything anywhere else

#19 4 years ago

YIKES FIND THAT MACHINE!

#20 4 years ago

That sucks. It's totally frustrating to waste your time on other people's incompetence. I would keep calling them and document calls with names/info. Talk to managers and remind them this is an expensive mistake. I can't see how you can be responsible if it never gets delivered to you. This is not like some small package that gets left at your front door.

#21 4 years ago

So sorry to hear this horror story. Hope they can rectify the problem immediately, good luck!

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from fna_royam:

DC is just a little bit cooler now that it's got 2 decent pin locations on 14th street northwest, Lymans tavern and the black Cat.

I've always enjoyed the Black Cat (been goin there 15 years) and they've always had pinball but sounds like they've stepped it up a little bit with the new room. I did Lyman's last time around decent bar but not too fond of their lineup. Will be checking out Black Cat again this time around.

#23 4 years ago

This is way I am glad I live close enough to Chicago that if I buy a Pin NIB I will be picking it up in person...

Sorry about your luck, however I would think this will get worked out.

#24 4 years ago

Some mob guy's son has a nice looking pinball in his bedroom.

#25 4 years ago

The machine turn up yet???

#26 4 years ago

I feel your pain man, or I am feeling the pain from having a tooth yanked today, anyway, it looks like a great pin, I hope you two are introduced soon, and no one is hurt or scrapped up. Please follow up with this thread so we can celebrate with you when everything is ok.

-peppers

#27 4 years ago

It'll show up don't worry but I would ask for a discount on the shipping charges for your trouble and the stress it has caused you.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Most of Conway shipping is a NONUNION company. Odds are no Teamsters were involved in this fiasco.

I'm not sure if I missed some inside joke or something between you and MrBally, but you are right and Conway is nonunion and no Teamsters are involved.

"Because Con-way is a nonunion freight carrier, its workers can do several different jobs when they transport goods..." from the web site - http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Conway_Inc_(CNW)

Regardless, I hope FightNightFZ gets his WWE LE.

#29 4 years ago

I had a similar thing happen with a Weber Genesis stainless steel grill. Got the call from the shipping guys, went to the depot to pick it up and..........it was gone. I did eventually get a another one. I have always wondered who is cooking on my grill.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from lost8ball:

I'm not sure if I missed some inside joke or something between you and MrBally, but you are right and Conway is nonunion and no Teamsters are involved.
"Because Con-way is a nonunion freight carrier, its workers can do several different jobs when they transport goods..." from the web site - http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Conway_Inc_(CNW)
Regardless, I hope FightNightFZ gets his WWE LE.

For some reason (probably my ADD kicking in) I confused Con-Way with Central Transport, which is a big-time Teamster organization. Both are Detroit area-based trucking companies. That said a few terminal operations have been organized and there have been many, unsuccessful drives to organize the drivers and other terminals by the Teamsters. I know a little bit about the trucking world. Not as much as others, but enough to know that the "missing" pinball machine may have been due to the plainly marked crate/box.

1 week later
#31 4 years ago

Still no machine?

#32 4 years ago

Looks like he went 'missing' too...

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Some mob guy's son has a nice looking pinball in his bedroom.

Hey sorry for not following up guys, work has been crazy! The machine has finally arrived, though Con-Way was super unprofessional about it and acted like it was no big deal it went missing. I understand crap happens sometimes but the way the Phoenix depot basically said verbatim "It's not that big of a deal, you'll just get another one eventually", really Mr. James Whitaker. The driver was the only cool, honest one. He stated that two friends swapped the pin on their trucks (one virtually loaded it, the other physically loaded it). When the virtual one was called he stated he never saw it on the truck and therefore it was missing. I'm guessing if I didn't call when I did and the investigation didn't take place right away, those two would be playing my pin right now, spilling their PBR all over it. At least it's getting some good craft beer (Firestone Walker Parabola) spilled on it right now

#34 4 years ago

Congrats FightNight. Let's hope you never have to go through that again. I get bent out of shape if my FreshBalls arrives a day late from Amazon so I can't imagine how you felt.

Fresh_Balls_products.jpg

#35 4 years ago

so??? how do you like it? happy with it? disappointed? best pin ever?

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Hey sorry for not following up guys, work has been crazy! The machine has finally arrived, though Con-Way was super unprofessional about it and acted like it was no big deal it went missing. I understand crap happens sometimes but the way the Phoenix depot basically said verbatim "It's not that big of a deal, you'll just get another one eventually", really Mr. James Whitaker. The driver was the only cool, honest one. He stated that two friends swapped the pin on their trucks (one virtually loaded it, the other physically loaded it). When the virtual one was called he stated he never saw it on the truck and therefore it was missing. I'm guessing if I didn't call when I did and the investigation didn't take place right away, those two would be playing my pin right now, spilling their PBR all over it. At least it's getting some good craft beer (Firestone Walker Parabola) spilled on it right now

That's fairly normal for freight...."missing" only means it hasn't made the terminal....or missed a scan. They aren't worried because it's still on the truck it was put on, or maybe made the wrong truck, next day it pops up again. Heck I have even had this happen with a UPS shipment, tracking said it was not yet pick up, and it had been, no tracking until the day it arrived. However it arrived on time, undamaged..... So really no big deal, and UPS treated it that way as well.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

That's fairly normal for freight...."missing" only means it hasn't made the terminal....or missed a scan. They aren't worried because it's still on the truck it was put on, or maybe made the wrong truck, next day it pops up again. Heck I have even had this happen with a UPS shipment, tracking said it was not yet pick up, and it had been, no tracking until the day it arrived. However it arrived on time, undamaged..... So really no big deal, and UPS treated it that way as well.

Agreed. I used to work for DHL and my customer Pepsi sent 8,000 cases of Mountain Dew to Egypt. It got lost and after like 75 scans and hundreds of phone calls we finally determined that the guys in the Egyptian warehouse just drank it!

#38 4 years ago

I worked for one of the largest trucking companies in the US. I don't think I will ever ship a pin knowing what I know. I would soon pick it up in a dark Chicago alley then trust a trucker to get my $8000 pin to my house safely.

#39 4 years ago

Yeah, I try to stay away from shipping anything. (Yes, I'll drive 16 hours one-way to get something if I have to..!) The one and only pin I had shipped was my (first) TZ.. Old Dominion shipped it with "This Side Up" on the bottom, which meant the game spent the trip on the plunger, which tore up the front of the cabinet.

#40 4 years ago

they found your machine, but emailed the location to hillaray clinton.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I worked for one of the largest trucking companies in the US. I don't think I will ever ship a pin knowing what I know. I would soon pick it up in a dark Chicago alley then trust a trucker to get my $8000 pin to my house safely.

LTL or OTR?

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah, I try to stay away from shipping anything. (Yes, I'll drive 16 hours one-way to get something if I have to..!) The one and only pin I had shipped was my (first) TZ.. Old Dominion shipped it with "This Side Up" on the bottom, which meant the game spent the trip on the plunger, which tore up the front of the cabinet.

I've driven as far as Springfield, MA to pick up a pin (farthest) but also to Southern California to pick up slot machines.Twice, one time I had one shipped from there as it was a slant-top and would not fit in a car and I did not want to drive my mini-van that far.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Congrats FightNight. Let's hope you never have to go through that again. I get bent out of shape if my FreshBalls arrives a day late from Amazon so I can't imagine how you felt.
Fresh_Balls_products.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Thank you for sharing this, I have actually been looking for a product like this as my balls reek during work. Hell yeah!

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

so??? how do you like it? happy with it? disappointed? best pin ever?

Happy with it so far. It's definitely the one that had attracted people at my parties the most (even non-wrestling fans). Definitely in need of a code update, has the potential to be really good if they take some code suggestions that we have in a separate forum post.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Machine - For Sale
North Ridgeville, OH
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside