8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jlm33
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

#1 8 years ago

i'm probably late to the show but I just cheched out the coverage on pinballnews.com for TBL and all I can say is quality! i was very impressed!
    But my question is how is it that a small start up like Dutch pinball can put out a machine of this level and people are still paying 8k+ for that cracker jack shit from stern? This thing has metal parts and everything!

#2 8 years ago

Stop.

TBL looks awesome. But it is still an unknown.

Stern puts out multiple awesome games a year. No one else can say that yet.

#3 8 years ago

Another thing is the price. I heard TBL is going to be $10K here in the USA. You could get two NIB Stern Pro's for that.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

But my question is how is it that a small start up like Dutch pinball can put out a machine of this level and people are still paying 8k+ for that cracker jack shit from stern? This thing has metal parts and everything!

I think you answered your own question.

Quoted from pinfarmer:

and people are still paying 8k+ ...

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

i'm probably late to the show but I just cheched out the coverage on pinballnews.com for TBL and all I can say is quality! i was very impressed!

It's pretty simple, you can go buy a "cracker jack shit stern" right now and have it delivered to your door in a few days if the model is in stock for between $4600-$7800usd depending on the version you choose. If you prefer TBL you can pay 10K and hope you get it at some point this year. Plus they haven't put out a game of any quality yet, not a single production game has shipped. While it seems to be progressing, no one knows when they will actually ship games or have them available to purchase.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

It's pretty simple, you can go buy a "cracker jack shit stern" right now and have it delivered to your door in a few days if the model is in stock for between $4600-$7800usd depending on the version you choose. If you prefer TBL you can pay 10K and hope you get it at some point this year. Plus they haven't put out a game of any quality yet, not a single production game has shipped. While it seems to be progressing, no one knows when they will actually ship games or have them available to purchase.

Very true. There's also no guarantee that it will be more fun or have less problems than what Stern is offering.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

As of now, NOTHING has been mass produced/delivered.
    That's most of the hard part right there.

Things look good, but you're perspective is incredibly shortsighted.
    Gary Stern is a survivor. Pin wouldn't be here if it weren't for him.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

But my question is how is it that a small start up like Dutch pinball can put out a machine of this level and people are still paying 8k+...

TBL looks cool no doubt! And I strongly encourage everyone to read the article in Pinball News, great stuff.
    But... the "cracker jack s..t from stern" comment will only bring negative responses now.

Considering that this discussion has already been covered more than once recently in other threads, and it is just stirring the pot at this point, it's probably best to close this thread. Feel free to open a moderator feedback thread if you think it still has merit.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-news-tbl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.