(Topic ID: 55916)

Pinball museum california - kickstarter

By toyotaboy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

poster_85x11.jpg
    Kickstarter_graphic_2014.png
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Bump.gif
    scams2.jpg
    powering_up_PAGG.jpg
    pinball_til_i_die.png
    airstream.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMolly:

^have some respect for these guys and their thread; enough with this garbage.

Just press the ignore button already and move on with your life, trust me, it's much more pleasant.

#50 10 years ago

I donated and tweeted. It's an ambitious project, short of some deep pocketed people kicking in I'm not that hopeful the Kickstarter is going to make it, but I did my part and best of luck!

#86 10 years ago

I'd personally like to see the museum operate like a business, and not a charity, I'm glad to see that response. Put the proceeds back into the facility, pay techs to actually fix and maintain machines, etc. Non-profit doesn't mean don't use money.

#123 10 years ago

I'd think nothing of that drive for a day of pinball. Beats hopping on a plane in the morning to Sacramento, renting a car, driving to PAGG, then driving back and taking another plane home that night, and I happily did that.

#139 10 years ago

Part of the problem with the show idea (love it) might be the wiring, I know part of the Kickstarter was getting the outlets squared away to plug in all the machines.

Tell you what, I'm guessing it would be super easy to find volunteers to help set up a show if it came to that, I know I'd be willing.

#176 10 years ago

It's Kickstarter. You never know if things are gonna work out, but you kick in some money because you're passionate about it and hope things go well. That's the nature of the beast.

I'm pretty sure it won't matter, I just don't see this raising $150k, it's a lot of money. The PAPA thing did amazingly well, attracted a much wider geographical interest, and still capped at $58k. Hey, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. I put in my money, I promoted it, I want it to succeed, but let's be realistic.

IMHO if this is gonna happen it's going to be because the community gets creative. A pinball show as discussed for instance. Volunteers coming out to paint. Scaling back some of the plans to get the doors open (skipping concessions for now for instance, that's a big logistical problem that requires employees, equipment, forecasting and investment in perishables, etc). Maybe something wild like adopt a pinball. "Rent" out some of the pins to local people, they could pay in something like a couple grand, and keep one of the machines for X months to play, and then return it to run at the museum.

Either way I'll keep following with interest!

#177 10 years ago
    Quoted from davidtrotter:

This morning, John was in a meeting with the City Manager of Banning, California, to deal with issues related to the utilities. Just to clarify, the building is in our control, and it is not for sale.

Hey, you know, you guys should maybe consider coming out to this:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-parlor-in-corona

Gonna be a local gathering of pinheads this Saturday. If the host wouldn't mind it would be a great audience to talk to.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-musueum-california-kickstarter?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.