Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dance.gif
#1 3 years ago

I did a quick forum search, and couldn't find a recent thread like this, so thought I'd make one.

When it comes to playing pinball, which machines get you tapping your toes? bobbing your head? shaking your hips? doing the moonwalk?
Feel free to name band themed pins, but extra points if its not a music based machine.

For me, so far I have found Time Machine and Robocop to be the pins I can't help but groove to the music with as I play. Apparently Data East knew how to groove. Time Machine I toe tap throughout and appreciate every time/music change. Robocop has great music after its multiball is done, and is probably the only pin I wait a solid minute after a game ends before starting another round, just to listen to the end of game music.

So, what pins get you moving and grooving?

dance.gifdance.gif

#2 3 years ago

Deadpool has a number of great tunes (in particular I favor the disco based ones), and the Kick-Butt song from Rollergames is another one that gets me pumped up and that never gets old to me.

#3 3 years ago

I always enjoy the goofy music on Night Moves. The sound board had been dead for about a year of ownership. I finally got a new one and it has completely changed this game.

#4 3 years ago

Any music pin is a given (if you like the band)

Tron has some great music that's immersive. Not necessarily moving and grooving, but definitely a major part of the experience.

TNA will also be mentioned by many.

#6 3 years ago

Deadpool, TNA, BK2K, ES. Some of the best music in pinball.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Apparently Data East knew how to groove.

I have never really liked data east music. I guess that's just me, though.

#8 3 years ago

Swords of Fury & Space Station are my favorite for System 11

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from easye9901:

Swords of Fury & Space Station are my favorite for System 11

Oh yes, how could I forget SOF? That game has some rocking music.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

I have never really liked data east music. I guess that's just me, though.

To be fair, I've never really grooved to any other data east pin's music, so maybe these two are anomalies, and not the norm. Or maybe its just me lol.

#11 3 years ago

AC/DC did it for me.
For my 1-1/2 year old Grandaughter, who just learned to dance, out of all the games, she will only dance to Whoa Nellie and Mousin.

#13 3 years ago

Rollergames
Oktoberfest

#16 3 years ago

The getaway High Speed 2
Car Hop
Oktoberfest!
Phantom of the Opera
Music theme: Metallica!

#17 3 years ago

Deadpool would be 1

#18 3 years ago

GOTG.
Cleland music/sound mod.

Drop mic.

#19 3 years ago

I’ve always liked the music on The Pabst Can Crusher.

#20 3 years ago

Taxi, getaway, Addams, bk2k.

#21 3 years ago

Love the music and sounds in Congo

#22 3 years ago

I dig that funky music in Transporter the Rescue.

#23 3 years ago

Whirlwind music is awesome!

#25 3 years ago

I admit it, being into classic rock I used to play the hell out of Party Zone just to hear the "Big Bang Collect" music ("Purple Haze" synth cover).

#monster-bash is a close second.

#26 3 years ago

Big guns, Funhouse, Taxi, Banzai Run, Getaway, Secret Service, Twilight Zone, Data East Batman, ....

John

#27 3 years ago

Well...if they ever make a Chambers Brothers pin, this would do it.

#28 3 years ago

I cannot get enough of the music in Whitewater! Whenever I'm close to Wet Willy's I'm practically dancing, and I always end up humming along. Rafts 14-18 are absolutely fantastic. Had the game for months now, the music is still stuck in my head, and I love it!

I've also been thinking lately about how Twilight Zone's jackpot theme has to be the best in pinball. The buildup of the multiball music, followed by the amazing jackpot sound, and then the jackpot tune honestly makes me feel like the coolest person in the world for a few moments whenever I score one.

The end game music in Mousin' Around is super catchy too, I almost never turn off the machine until the song is finished.

Then of course there's Black Knight 2000, SoF, F-14, Taxi, Diner...

Basically, anything Chris Granner, Brian Schmidt, or Dan Forden did with the YM2151 is incredible.

2 months later
#29 3 years ago

Night Moves of course, and I always loved the music on Black Knight 2000. Judge Dredd has great music as well.

Checkpoint has the ability to select your music choice at the beginning of the game. That's always interesting and can definitely change the mood and feel based on what you choose!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-music-that-gets-you-moving-and-grooving- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.