Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 127 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gonzo73
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_2040 (resized).JPG
    DSC_2039 (resized).JPG
    DSC_2037 (resized).JPG
    DSC_2036 (resized).JPG
    19654EBB-F436-4982-91EB-62BCA52E3FD7 (resized).jpeg
    79339899-14D5-4742-AFED-9E05FAA42F08 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    priestly eXPEIMENT (resized).PNG
    C1E5B1AD-1BCB-4446-B661-6C66B6BD8E34 (resized).jpeg
    sillyrace (resized).png
    ohyeah.gif
    baywatchslide.gif
    fd3265778fc5dd6b9d1357df5547dab99e8c2619.gif
    he-wont-be-pushed-around (resized).jpg

There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from ruralcollector:

The demand and pinball craze? Not for people around here necessarily, but for the general public.
    Right now it’s cool to have a pinball machine in your house. I haven’t been around the hobby long enough but I get the impression that 20 years ago that might not have been the case.

I don't know, 20 years ago I had a pinball machine in my basement and my friends would beg to come over and play, they still tell me how cool that machine was to this day!

#52 2 years ago

Wow these prices are insane!!! Im now 100% confident that none of my bids will win. I think i put $1500 down for water world haha boy was i off

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

... waiting on a $9900 Baywatch...

fd3265778fc5dd6b9d1357df5547dab99e8c2619.giffd3265778fc5dd6b9d1357df5547dab99e8c2619.gif
    #54 2 years ago

We haven't even gotten to the games everyone wants yet. Most of those were much less desirable Gottlieb early SS games, so what happens when we hit the Bally/Williams games? This shits just gonna get goofier.......very fun to watch and good for all of us in the long run!

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from ruralcollector:

I think many pinsiders are far from broke. I think it’s hard for some of us with knowledge of historical price values and gameplay value to see some of these titles going for so much. It’s probably a multitude of variables at play.

Many pinsiders hardly ever post. I've done deals with many many pinsiders with a lot of $, and when I looked their pinside posts/activity, almost next to nothing.

#56 2 years ago

For people who have been there, what is the average condition of these pins?

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

Players for the most part, obviously not the newer games, LEs and such
    Some nice examples of older stuff mixed in but lots of average machines

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

Average.

It’s not a literal “museum”.

I have a feeling a few buyers are gonna go “WTF” when they see what they bought.

#59 2 years ago

Yo this is hilarious. I am amused.

#60 2 years ago

Insane.

Compare prices for items being sold at Banning as "unavailable anywhere!" games that are available right now as I type this on sleezebay and they are getting double the money for some of these items.

Pure insanity.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I doubt it, it may get worse... the guy who bid 9900 on Rocky and lost to the guy who bid 10k is gonna realize he better step up his game if he wants to win something..
    When Baywatch (or whatever the next pin he is interested in is) comes up for sale, well goddamnit nobodys gonna beat him this time...[quoted image]

I just gotta imagine that the people bidding do some research this week on what they won/bid and see it wasn't a hot deal. This doesn't apply to buyers with agents, just end buyers themselves.

But maybe i have too much faith in rational behavior

#62 2 years ago

I can’t wait for next month when we see someone on pinside post a rocky for 8500 and say it’s a “killer deal, one just sold for 10k plus fees last month” haha

#63 2 years ago

I think it all boils down to this:

Hardcore pinball enthusiasts remain a tiny, insignificant niche, and our opinions on everything from pinball pricing to how companies like Stern run their business are totally meaningless and out of touch in the grand scheme of things.

One auction with huge publicity reaching beyond our tiny little club and way out to the general public to the tune of the New York Times’ readership rendered all of our brilliant opinions and vast knowledge of the pinball market completely moot.

We see signs of this all the time: supposed “flops” like Munsters and Zep selling like hot cakes, 20 years of “the bubble is about to burst!!” Threads proving nothing but wishful thinking; JJP playfield “fiascos” making some think they are on the brink of implosion while games continue to fly off the line and into folks’ homes; the hysterical whining every time Stern raises their prices and people insist it will destroy the hobby;

But this awesome and hilarious auction really puts an exclamation point on things, moving my thinking towards one sad, inescapable conclusion:

We really don’t matter.

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think it all boils down to this:
    Hardcore pinball enthusiasts remain a tiny, insignificant niche, and our opinions on everything from pinball pricing to how companies like Stern run their business are totally meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
    One auction with huge publicity reaching beyond our tiny little club and way out to the general public to the tune of the New York Times’ readership rendered all of our brilliant opinions and vast knowledge of the pinball market completely moot.

Wait until these new collectors who overpaid for their games have something break and render their overpriced toy unplayable. Lifting the hood and troubleshooting a pinball machine for most here is fairly routine, but for your average person it would be like popping the hood on their car and trying to work on it. The difference as we all know is there is a car repair shop in even the smallest of towns, but pinball repair shops not so much. Many of these new collectors may not understand that pinball machines require regular maintenance and may end up with a pretty looking boat anchor sitting in their living room.

#65 2 years ago

CrazyLevi I don't see it as sad. It is just the nature of hobbies. When people are passionate about things they tend to think because they are invested in them that they may see the "correct" way of how to handle the hobby or how the markets will play out. Then reality kicks in.

For my take on this - the auction doesn't change things and there will be opportunities to get the machines people want though not at the prices they want anymore then they can buy the homes they want at the prices they want.

Concretehardt Yep. That is the Day After Easter or Day After 101 Dalmatians/Scooby Doo Movie Syndrome where people buy pets because they saw them and looked cool and their kids loved them until they try to take care of them and then end up selling them or sending them to shelters later on.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Water world $4900??? Something not right here.

That's when I stopped watching. Ridiculous

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wait until these new collectors who overpaid for their games have something break and render their overpriced toy unplayable. Lifting the hood and troubleshooting a pinball machine for most here is fairly routine, but for your average person it would be like popping the hood on their car and trying to work on it. The difference as we all know is there is a car repair shop in even the smallest of towns, but pinball repair shops not so much. Many of these new collectors may not understand that pinball machines require regular maintenance and will end up with a pretty looking boat anchor sitting in their living room.

There will def be some disappointed kids on Christmas morning. A good number of these games are likely basically projects.

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But this awesome and hilarious auction really puts an exclamation point on things, moving my thinking towards one sad, inescapable conclusion:

We really don’t matter.

Always hard to realize.

A guy on RGP many years ago to figure a way of estimating RGP's importance in pinball. Amount of posters, amount of people who only read it, pinball for sale ads and on Ebay. He collected all kinds of data.

He came to the conclusion RGP was maybe 3% of pinball as we knew it.

Think of how many people avoid Pinside, or have never heard of it. It's an eye opener.

LTG : )

#69 2 years ago

If the IRS sees what the Gold Wings sold for this will surely get investigated for money laundering

#70 2 years ago

Funny to see this community "SHOCKED" at the prices when we have $14K JP LEs, $10K WH2Os, $15K IJs, $9K TAFs, $13K Mandalorians all easily selling.

But these "regular" people are buying games at "insane" prices and we are so judgmental.

Hey guys, don't know how to tell you this, but here it is:

The way you are feeling about these prices...that's how the rest of the population views us paying what we do for what we buy today - ALL YEAR. This is just one auction and "holy shit, these prices are nuts!!!" - but the rest of the world has this same opinion of our hobby ALL THE TIME.

Sucks to have the shoe on the other foot, huh?

#71 2 years ago

"Yes, I'd like to order one of those new pinball price guides from the Cap'n please? Sure I'll hold..."

#72 2 years ago

some from the first night and early the second day:

Willow Arcade Game Capcom $1,700
    Chicago Coin's Junk Yard Mechanical Claw Arcade Game $3,300
    Star Wars Trilogy Upright Arcade Game $3,600
    Midway's Chopper Mechanical Arcade Game $2,600
    Chicago Coin's Deluxe World Series EM Pitch n Bat $2,000
    Midway's Blue Shark 1978 Classic Arcade Game $9,900
    The Real Ghostbusters Dedicated 3 Player Arcade Game $3,600
    Zwackery Classic Bally Midway Arcade Game $8,300
    Varkon Pinball Arcade Game Williams $11,000
    Alien Syndrome Arcade Game $3,300
    Berzerk Classic Arcade Game $1,700
    Tac Scan Arcade Game $4,700
    Asteroids SEGA Classic Arcade Game $5,600
    Narc Classic Williams Arcade Game $3,400
    Super Zaxxon Arcade Game $2,200
    Moon Patrol Arcade Game $2,300
    Blaster Classic Arcade Game Williams Rare Dura Plastic Cabinet $5,100
    Motorace USA Arcade Game $1,100
    Stargate Defender Classic Arcade Game $1,800
    Zektor Arcade Game $7,500
    Sinistar Classic Arcade Game Williams $3,800
    Robotron 2084 Arcade Game $3,500
    Bubbles Classic Williams Dedicated Arcade Game $4,100
    Midnight Marauder Classic Arcade Game $3,800
    Exerion Arcade Game $900
    Mr Driller Arcade Game $1,100
    Solar Quest Arcade Game $2,400
    Rip Off Classic Arcade Game $1,600
    Star Castle Classic Arcade Game $5,100
    Armor Attack Classic Arcade Game $1,800
    Tail Gunner Arcade Game $6,800
    Piranha Arcade Game $1,700
    Nintendo Red Tent Classic Vs. Goonies, Vs. Hogans Alley Arcade Game $2,000
    Jack the Giant Killer Cocktail Table Arcade Game $1,400
    Road Blasters Arcade Game Atari System 1 Cab $3,200
    Road Runner Arcade Game System 1 Cabinet $2,900
    Joust Classic Williams Arcade Game $2,500
    Triple Punch Arcade Game $1,600
    Tin Star Arcade Game $4,100
    Super Off Road 3 Player Arcade Game $5,000

#73 2 years ago

Trying to watch live but there is no audio from their website anyone else having this problem? It's not on Twitch neither

Edit:
    Figured it out, I clicked the "padlock" on the secure page and my audio was being blocked by the browser But the feed keeps going in/out like others have said. Would be so much better if they did it on Twitch lol

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from Red_Devils:

Trying to watch live but there is no audio from their website anyone else having this problem?

I refreshed it and sound came back.

LTG : )

#75 2 years ago

Inspiring! I have a 3600 dollar Klondike and a 4200 dollar Gran Prix (Williams) available if you didn't win an Auction.
    Thanks!

#76 2 years ago

Audio comes and goes

Cobra command 9100

#77 2 years ago

Dam would have liked that midway chopper. Not a bad price

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from Red_Devils:

Trying to watch live but there is no audio from their website anyone else having this problem? It's not on Twitch neither

It's also not on facebook like it was yesterday.

Are they streaming it anywhere else other than within the live auction page?

#79 2 years ago

How the hell does RoadBlasters bring more then Road Runner? Baffling.

Chris

#80 2 years ago

There won't be any pins for awhile. Still a couple hundred arcade machines to go. Lot 335 starts the pinball machines again with a Star Wars Trilogy Pin

Based on their current speed of approximately 30 per hour, that should be around 6pm pacific

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wait until these new collectors who overpaid for their games have something break and render their overpriced toy unplayable. Lifting the hood and troubleshooting a pinball machine for most here is fairly routine, but for your average person it would be like popping the hood on their car and trying to work on it. The difference as we all know is there is a car repair shop in even the smallest of towns, but pinball repair shops not so much. Many of these new collectors may not understand that pinball machines require regular maintenance and will end up with a pretty looking boat anchor sitting in their living room.

Bruh. I can't WAIT to find these games in garage sales for pennies on the dollar.

*edit* Mr. Driller went for 1100? Was that in a candy cab!? If so someone got a real bloody steal, even with the premiums and shipping...at least it would be in Dallas. If it was just a regular cab....maybe not.

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

baywatchslide.gifbaywatchslide.gif
    #83 2 years ago

When will the pinballs start sellin again?

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

When will the pinballs start sellin again?

Gonna be several hours if we are lucky

#85 2 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Maybe if it is Imamaculate.

#86 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

If the IRS sees what the Gold Wings sold for this will surely get investigated for money laundering

This seller is so dumb. Just listed his Gold Wings for $1500 off the going price /s

Machine - For Sale
    Gold Wings Archived
    Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “1986 Gottlieb Premier GOLD WINGS! 100% working, LEDs throughout, 4 player, 4 flippers, 4 pop bumpers, 2 ball Multi-ball, 2 ramps (one is a loop!), 1 spinner, 8 stand-up targets. Aw...”
    2021-09-11
    Vineland, NJ
    1,800 (OBO)
    Archived after: 34 days
    Viewed: 348 times

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from Time:

This seller is so dumb. Just listed his Gold Wings for $1500 off the going price /s

Machine - For Sale

Gold Wings

New!

Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “1986 Gottlieb Premier GOLD WINGS! 100% working, LEDs throughout, 4 player, 4 flippers, 4 pop bumpers, 2 ball Multi-ball, 2 ramps (one is a loop!), 1 spinner, 8 stand-up targets. Aw...”

3 hours ago

Vineland, NJ

1,800 (OBO)

GottPremierS

I got 750 for mine about 15 years ago and was happy as a clam. I can't believe someone paid almost 5K for street fighter, that game sucks

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Maybe if it is Imamaculate.

Pinside Thread Hall Of Fame !

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

If the IRS sees what the Gold Wings

not to mention the 2400 Raven ......seriously

#90 2 years ago

For large collections...over 15 or 20, an auction house with online bidding seems to be the way to go. There was a local auction in 2019 with about 25 em's. Most had a hammer price between $800 to $1300. I'd never pay that for an em, but the open market supports it. This auction had a lot of publicity.

#91 2 years ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

not to mention the 2400 Raven ......seriously

No doubt. I couldn’t sell mine for $600.

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I can't believe someone paid almost 5K for street fighter, that game sucks

I have over 5k in mine

#93 2 years ago

Its safe to say with these sale prices the pinball bubble is alive and well . No danger of the bubble bursting anytime soon

#94 2 years ago

careful... could be a Sleestak trick

#95 2 years ago

Some arcade pricing. Some seem reasonable and some seem outrageous to me:

Arabian Classic Atari Arcade Game $2,400
    Wonder Boy Arcade Game $1,900
    Marble Madness Arcade Game Atari System 1 $3,600
    Peter Pak Rat Classic Arcade Game 1985 Atari System 1 $4,500
    Exterminator Gottlieb Classic Arcade Game $10,000
    Reactor Gottlieb Arcade Game $4,700
    Krull Arcade Game $6,500
    Mad Planets Classic Arcade Game $5,000
    Qbert Gottlieb Classic Arcade Game $3,900
    Qbert @!&%* Classic Arcade Game $3,600
    Qbert Qubes Classic Arcade Game $4,100
    Three Stooges Classic Mylstar Arcade Game $6,100
    Mister Viking Arcade Game $1,300
    Dragon Breed Arcade Game $1,500
    Wacko Classic Bally Upright Arcade Game $4,100
    King & Balloon Upright Arcade Game $1,500
    Tutankhamun Arcade Game $2,600
    Rolling Thunder Arcade Game $1,500
    Klax Arcade Game $1,100
    Xybots Arcade Game $2,100
    Golden Tee Live 2008 Golf Arcade Game $3,700
    World Series 99 Baseball Arcade Game $2,300
    PGA Golf Sports Arcade Game $900
    Star Wars Trilogy Upright Arcade Game $2,500
    Quarterback Arcade Game $1,700
    Battletoads Dedicated Arcade Game $3,000
    Tattoo Assassins Rare Data East Arcade Game $13,500
    TUNI COCKTAIL TABLE ARCADE GAME $700
    Dunk Shot Basketball Table Atari Arcade Game $900
    Grand Champion Arcade Game $1,400
    Road Riot 4wd Arcade Game $900
    Moon War Stern Classic Arcade Game $1,300
    Quasar Rare Classic Arcade Game Zaccaria $2,500
    Tank Battalion Arcade Game $1,400
    Targ Arcade Game $800
    Cosmic Chasm Arcade Game $11,100
    Demolition Derby Arcade Game $1,900
    NBA Jam Midway Basketball Arcade Game $3,100
    The Grid Midway Arcade Game $3,900
    Truxton Arcade Game $800
    Brix Arcade Game $1,800
    Goindol Arcade Game $900
    Revenge of Doh Arcade Game $1,000
    Batman Upright Arcade Game $1,900
    Pacmania Arcade Game $1,500

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from Time:

I have over 5k in mine

Meh, just because I don't like it doesn't mean anything. I guarantee there's games I like that you can't stand. We're all different

#97 2 years ago

Cheaper to buy current NIB Games hands down!

#98 2 years ago

Oh my, the newer pins are going for some serious $

Star Wars Trilogy Pinball Machine Sega $8,200
    Mary Shelley's Frankenstein Pinball Machine Sega SS $5,300
    South Park Pinball Machine Sega SS $7,700
    Baywatch Pinball Machine Sega $8,000
    Last Action Hero Pinball Machine Data East SS $6,500
    Lost In Space Pinball Machine Sega $6,000

#99 2 years ago

Price guesses on Thunderbirds? Must be to the closest hundred, Price is Right rules. Closest without going over.

The shell shock is still not over. I just put my wallet away and have the laptop next to the TV as I watch football.

#100 2 years ago

Why did Baywatch go go for $8000?

Is this a case of lusting after Pamela when they were young and now they have too much spending money?

There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-museum-auction-selling-has-begun/page/2?hl=dyopp21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.