Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jiffy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-4.jpeg
    heavy-traffic1.jpg

#1 10 years ago

Holy F! I honestly don't know if I can watch this movie. Check out the trailer and you decide... Report back if you do.

Trailer:

Full movie:

heavy-traffic1.jpgheavy-traffic1.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Based on the trailer,
    I can pretty much say that I've never seen anything like it! Looks like they threw every possible stereotype into a somewhat animated feature somehow involving Pinball... eek!

#3 10 years ago

I skipped through the movie.... quickly.

I don't know if you would have to be drunk... high... or both to watch this. Wow!

#4 10 years ago

I've got that laying around on VHS somewhere, haven't watched it in years. Gonna have to dig it up, love R. Bakshi. Quite the charactor.

#5 10 years ago

Don't forget this gem....

Unknown-4.jpegUnknown-4.jpeg
    #6 10 years ago

That movie is by the guy who did 'Cool World' with Brad Pitt.

#7 10 years ago

Heavy.....

#8 10 years ago

Heavy Traffic is a semi auto biographical film about Ralph Bakshi growing up in NYC. It's definitely "adult" animation. I really dig the rawness and embrace the fact that it's the total polar opposite of what Disney, or anyone else was doing in animation at that time.

I'm also a huge fan of his version of The Hobbit from 1977

This version of Gollum was actually a huge influence on Peter Jackson and Andy Serkis' performance.

#9 10 years ago

Love Ralph Bakshi animation. Fire and Ice, lord of the rings, Wizards, etc.. So wish he'd create another film and experiment with modernising his animation techniques...

And a quick google shows that he currently has a film in production....

#10 10 years ago

I did not realize until now that the movie has pinball in it, thanks!
    I am an animator by trade and Bakshi always tripped me out, he had some guts. Visionary for utilizing a rotoscope technique to speed up animation production at the time( and hire less talented cheaper animators I suspect)

#11 10 years ago

Never saw it, or Hey Good Lookin'

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-movie-from-1973-heavy-traffic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.