7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TMBOP_WPC_CPU_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evandickson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

Pinball missing means literally there is a pinball missing. Or more than 1. There should be 4 balls in the machine, if you have less than this you need to top it up.

That battery holder is nasty. You'll either want to replace it with an off-board battery holder. If you have the right tools and knowledge, it would be even better to get rid of the battery pack entirely and install NVRAM (search on here for Andrew, pinside name Barakandl, he can set you up).

Is there any other acid leakage / damage on the CPU? U19 looks awful, and will need replacement. U16 looks pretty sketchy too. Best to cut out the old chips, then add sockets, then you can just press the new chips into the sockets. Parts are available from Ed at Great Plains Electronics. Read up on the pinwiki guides for WPC maintenance and troubleshooting. It looks like some of the resistors in the area are pretty sketchy too.

Something's not kosher at W16, W17 either. Not sure what these jumpers do or how they should be set, but it looks like something ain't quite right.

Check the installed fuses vs the manual and make sure they are the correct fuses, if someone let the battery pack get that bad, it would not be surprising if they took shortcuts in their pinball maintenance.

Not sure what you mean about the wires and connectors. This one is going to be a work in progress for you, but you're in the right place.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Only 3 are used in Bride.

Oops. I was quoting the manual that lists a "install 4 balls" sticker. Manuals are pretty hit and miss for accuracy on stuff like that, I definitely defer to you as you have one in your collection.

Fun fact, I placed an order with GPE this weekend to rebuilt a 7 opto board, a 10 opto board, and a bunch of other stuff. There was a crazy number of wrong specs on parts, I found I had to go to the board and double check all the parts listed because a lot were listed incorrectly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 27.95
$ 9.99
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evandickson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-missing-wpc-cpu-board-issue-the-machine-bride-of-pinbot-2?tu=evandickson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.