(Topic ID: 178811)

Pinball MikeD's Monster Bash In The House!

By JMK

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by JMK
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

So incredibly psyched- just picked up this beauty this past weekend- my Grail pin!
Watched the YouTube videos of this incredible restoration and my dreams came true, pinball is in the house!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

Congrats man! I dig the coin door!!

#3 7 years ago

And the purple trim, spectacular! Enjoy!!

#4 7 years ago

Thanks! Trim is all Chrome- (purple reflection off the Topper...).

#5 7 years ago

Congratulations on a great pin..... from my experience i wld recommend opening the outlanes up the whole way and put preset settings to hard and limit the extra balls some..... makes the game even that much better imo. Also add the pinbits blackout mod and the awesome pinblades that sillyoldelf makes.

#6 7 years ago

Great looking pin...I've watched the Youtube videos in the past...your a lucky man

#7 7 years ago

You must get the Blackout mod, I don't think I could ever go back! Game looks amazing.

#8 7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions! We're all loving the game and MikeD. did such an awesome job on the restoration. Will be enjoyed for many years.

#9 7 years ago

Awesome machine, I just looked up that Black out mod and ordered one. Never knew the MB machine has a strobe multiball or at least that is what was in the details of the black out mod description. Something we must try.

**Edited** Strobe multi is in AFM which he describes early on, still can't wait to see the light show during multiball, mosh pit, monster bash etc...

#10 7 years ago

Can you let me know where you guys order the blackout mod from? Would like to add this as well. Thanks!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Can you let me know where you guys order the blackout mod from? Would like to add this as well. Thanks!

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_7&zenid=52c6f25f5762c9c1200dd7b849543e07

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Awesome machine, I just looked up that Black out mod and ordered one. Never knew the MB machine has a strobe multiball or at least that is what was in the details of the black out mod description. Something we must try.

It dont have strobe mb but it works great on every wpc 95 pin . It makes the backbox lights go out when the playfield gi goes out and makes the light shows much better especially in dark room

#13 7 years ago

On MB The blackout mod shuts off all lights except flashers on the back of, which really makes the interstitials cool in a dim or dark room. The Creature under the PF is a little hard to see even in the best circumstances and this mod makes him stand out big time.

The light shows themselves aren't quite as good as AFM - and note the backbox does come back on when a ball is in play - but since MB is basically an old monster movie, when the lights go totally out, all of your attention is on the DMD which makes it feel like you're in a theater for a couple seconds. Wish I could add this to my CFTBL!

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

On MB The blackout mod shuts off all lights except flashers on the back of, which really makes the interstitials cool in a dim or dark room. The Creature under the PF is a little hard to see even in the best circumstances and this mod makes him stand out big time.
The light shows themselves aren't quite as good as AFM - and note the backbox does come back on when a ball is in play - but since MB is basically an old monster movie, when the lights go totally out, all of your attention is on the DMD which makes it feel like you're in a theater for a couple seconds. Wish I could add this to my CFTBL!

All games prior to congo are able to dim or cut out the backbox light allready ....

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It dont have strobe mb but it works great on every wpc 95 pin . It makes the backbox lights go out when the playfield gi goes out and makes the light shows much better especially in dark room

What games besides MB and MM does this work well in. Demo Man? CFTBL?

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

What games besides MB and MM does this work well in. Demo Man? CFTBL?

Any wpc 95.... all games from congo and after.
It was made for afm and the strobe mb feature as it really adds to that effect, but it works well in every wpc 95 from my experience and is well worth the price imo

#17 7 years ago

I think it's specific to WPC95 games because there was a change to how the GI lights were designed, specifically on the backbox - bigd is right, on prior game designs, there were 5 independent strings of GI lights (including the backbox). With WPC95 there's only 3 (if I recall correctly), which limits the way the lights can be controlled - one of the big things lost was in the way the lights just 'stay on' all the time - this mod addresses that.

#18 7 years ago

Had a local pinball friend just contact me that he had an extra Blackout mod board on hand- it will be on its way shortly. Saw a video of the mod and it's very cool.
Can't wait to put some serious time on the game this weekend.
Thanks again for the suggestions!

#19 7 years ago

Hope you enjoy it, MB is a great game. My wife still gives me grief for selling that one.

#20 7 years ago

Mike, we absolutely love the game. Your restoration is stunning and the game still 'shines' like it was restored yesterday. We are so fortunate to have landed this pin- it is our Grail game and a work of art.
Btw- it's also my wife's and family's all time favorite title; and it will be appreciated and enjoyed in Toronto and in our house for many, many years.
Thanks for creating a masterpiece! ('It's Alive'!!!!)

#21 7 years ago

I miss it. That was nine before Mike bought it. Really fun game.

#22 7 years ago

I wonder if Kevin Bacon ever owned this one?

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

I miss it. That was nine before Mike bought it. Really fun game.

I remember your daughter wasn't happy to see that one go. Thank goodness mine was only 3, so she's forgotten all about it.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I wonder if Kevin Bacon ever owned this one?

No, but he's knows one of the previous owner's cousin's college roommate's brother.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

We are so fortunate to have landed this pin- it is our Grail game and a work of art.

Really? Brownnose and contradict yourself much? Remember the "if there's ever any one game you could own" thread?

Quoted from JMK:

MET Premium. Has it all: smooth flow, great interactive toys, fun multi balls, solid code, impressive light show, colourful art and just such a blast to play. (Close second ACDC).

#26 7 years ago

Sevenrites, I still love my MET premium and I would say it's still our favorite Stern pin.
IMO, it does have all those features as I listed as above and we continue to play it regularly.
However, MB has a very special place in our families heart. We owned one in the past when my kids were young and it just had too many issues. We missed it instantly the day it was sold.

I was just fortunate to have located such a stunning replacement as here in Toronto these rarely come available, particularly in this condition.

Not sure why you would need to go back and even bother digging up a previous post- what purpose does that serve?
I feel MikeD deserves the high praise for the work he does.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Not sure why you would need to go back and even bother digging up a previous post- what purpose does that serve?

I'll let you figure that out on your own, it shouldn't be too difficult.

#28 7 years ago

Wow- I'm not going to spend any time figuring that out whatsoever sevenrites.
Our clan simply loves the game and it's an increible restoration done by MikeD.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 75.00
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-mikeds-monster-bash-in-the-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.