Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by drummermike
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1401 (1) (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

My SD card is corrupted and I'm looking for a SD card image.
Does anybody have an image file I can have?
I'll PM a Dropbox link for you to upload the image, or I'll pay to have you send me a fresh copy on a SD card.

My game is just not the same without this mod running.

Can ya help a brotha out?

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from MadPole:

My SD card is corrupted and I'm looking for a SD card image.
Does anybody have an image file I can have?
I'll PM a Dropbox link for you to upload the image, or I'll pay to have you send me a fresh copy on a SD card.
My game is just not the same without this mod running.
Can ya help a brotha out?

Did you email Mike D? I think its serial # specific!

#3 1 year ago

As far as I know, it's not serial # specific.
I've tried PM, email and going thru his business web site with no response.
At this point, my only hope is to get a card image from somebody that has the mod.

#5 1 year ago

I have the same issue. If you get the files I would appreciate it if you sent them over.

#6 1 year ago

Once I get a good image, I plan on uploading it to Dropbox for safe keeping.
I'll fire a link to you.

#7 1 year ago

Thanks for all the help.
I'm back up and running.
I've stored a clean copy of the card images on Dropbox.
PM me for a link if you need a copy.

1 month later
#8 1 year ago

Can anyone assist me in getting the new code to work with my mod, I am running the old code because I don't know how to update so the Mike D mod will work. Thanks

10 months later
#9 10 months ago

Although this thread is a bit old, I thought I'd post some info in case anyone with a similar problem needs it.

When my SD card got corrupted, I found an archived SD card image right on the USB drive that came with the mod. That thoughtful touch made getting things running again pretty easy.

#10 10 months ago
Quoted from MThompson:

Although this thread is a bit old, I thought I'd post some info in case anyone with a similar problem needs it.
When my SD card got corrupted, I found an archived SD card image right on the USB drive that came with the mod. That thoughtful touch made getting things running again pretty easy.

Excuse my ignorance here but can you tell me exactly how to do this? I think my SD card is corrupted as the mod stopped working. After the machine is turned on and the TV screen says "Please Wait" the image below comes up on the screen and stays there. Thanks for your help.

IMG_1401 (1) (resized).jpg
#11 10 months ago
Quoted from gac:

Excuse my ignorance here but can you tell me exactly how to do this? I think my SD card is corrupted as the mod stopped working. After the machine is turned on and the TV screen says "Please Wait" the image below comes up on the screen and stays there. Thanks for your help.
[quoted image]

The text on your screen looks like what I was seeing when my card got corrupted. Reformatting the card and restoring from the backup image is pretty straightforward. You'll need a utility to do both. On a Mac, I recommend one called ApplePi-Baker. For Windows, there's a utility on the USB drive (in the Extras folder) called Win32DiskImager that you can use.

In a nutshell, these are the steps:

1. Turn your Creature off and remove both the SD card and USB thumb drive from the Raspberry Pi.
2. Copy the backup disk image from the USB drive to your computer. It's in the Extras folder (rpi2.img). Then remove your USB drive.
3. If the SD card has a write-protect tab, set it so you can reformat the card.
4. Insert the SD card in your computer and reformat it using the utility of your choice.
5. Restore the SD card from your backup disk image (rpi2.img) using the same utility.
6. Reinsert the USB drive and SD card on the Raspberry Pi and turn your Creature back on. The Pi should now boot normally, but if it doesn't, try using a fresh SD card.

Generally, the key to avoiding SD card corruption is to avoid turning the Creature off while the Pi is booting or otherwise accessing data on its drives. Since we can't see the disk activity light on the board, I play it safe and hit the Off switch only when the game is in attract mode.

2 months later
#12 7 months ago

Bringing the thread back from the dead! I believe my USB drive has become corrupted. Does anyone have a link to the standard files that come on the USB? I'd take the files for the SD card too, so I can keep them all in a safe place for the next time I need them.

#13 7 months ago
Quoted from Ralphman5000:

Bringing the thread back from the dead! I believe my USB drive has become corrupted. Does anyone have a link to the standard files that come on the USB? I'd take the files for the SD card too, so I can keep them all in a safe place for the next time I need them.

PM sent.

4 months later
#14 3 months ago

So glad i found this thread. I am having the same issue. Can anybody help me?

#15 3 months ago
Quoted from 113th:

So glad i found this thread. I am having the same issue. Can anybody help me?

PM sent.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside