Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220607_143101 (resized).jpg
    20220531_143519 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1711885248616 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atari_Daze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from dpadam450:

I'd think the small fee to get certified would have been smart.

I guess like all things, small is relative.
    I helped a company once design / test / market a product. The design started in 2015, was finally ready for sale in 2017. I left the company in 2018, we had sold less than a dozen. Being personally involved, I oversaw at least $1M in design cost, testing, prototypes etc. One item required for testing cost $100K alone.
    While it wasn't entertainment related, it was still UL. We actually had to use ETL for the actual cert, UL could not figure out how we needed to test our product despite them having written the standard we were building to. Further, there were only 8 components of our design.
    Next time you purchase an electric component for your home / work, I'm betting if you find a certification tag, it is going to be ETL. I've not actually seen any new electrical product I've sourced in the past few years with a UL tag. They all seem to be ETL these days.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atari_Daze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-mfg-s-not-ul-cert?tu=Atari_Daze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.