Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jpitchjr
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 12 years ago

Considering you are in Vernon Hills, this news absolutely thrills me! It would be very difficult to suggest pins unless we have an idea of your budget.

Edit: It would also help to know a little about your business model. Is this going to be an entry fee type of deal where you get unlimited play, or are you charging people per game?

#6 12 years ago

$80,000 is an impressive budget. You should be able to amass a very solid lineup. Who will be fixing these games, by the way? Will you have a full time tech on staff, or are you guys capable of fixing them yourself? The answer to these questions may affect what games I recommend. I guess I'm trying to get a handle on what your pinball background is. Are you guys pinheads, or just looking at it as a business opportunity? Also, how many pins can you comfortably fit in the space you are leasing?

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from SkillShots:

Thanks! what about Twilight Zone, Cirqus Voltaire, Theatre of Magic and Tales of the Arabian Knights. worth buying?

You certainly can't go wrong with any of those.

Quoted from nutshell79:

I would buy a mixture popular games with some hard to find games (low production, rare games) to get people in the are with collections an additional incentive to check out games they don't usually get to see.

I agree. Take a look at the games they have at CP Pinball. That's the type of lineup that will draw both pinheads and non-pinheads to your location.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from SkillShots:

seen CP Pinball online, very cool have you visited?

I have not, but I've always wanted to. The problem, with CP is that they aren't open all the time. What type of operating hours are you guys thinking about?

#15 12 years ago

I assume the name of the new establishment will be Skill Shots?

I think this is a great idea. The northern/northwest Chicago suburbs are totally dry when it comes to location pinball. The pinball community really needs something like this, and I predict it will be a huge success.

#25 12 years ago

I've got a beautiful HUO SWE1 for sale if you are interested. It doesn't always get a lot of love from pinheads, but it's VERY popular with everyone else.

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from SkillShots:

I'd like to play it.

You're welcome to come over and play it any time. I'm just a hop skip and a jump away from Vernon Hills.

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

just owning one would attract a lot of people.

+2

I would say WOZ is a must.

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

If you need help with anything let me know!

Ditto.

#45 12 years ago
    Quoted from kapper:

Very cool -- I'm in Deerfield

Well hello, neighbor!

#72 12 years ago

Like I said before, the area is dying for a place like this. It's pretty much the case of "If you build it, they will come".

As far as games, there have already been a lot of great suggestions. I think System 11s and DMD games should make up the bulk of your lineup, but I would definitely include a handful of great early SS pins. Throw in some titles like Fathom, Centaur, Paragon, etc. and the pinheads will be beating down your doors. And don't forget about the Zacs. You have to have at least one. Farfalla would be my choice. Oh, and if you still have room in your budget for one more, I'd highly recommend a SC. Pinballer22 recently had a nice one for sale. It may still be available. He's located near Des Moines:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-or-ft-safecracker#post-160969

#92 12 years ago

Welcome to Pinside, Clay! You've certainly provided a lot of food for thought. There are few people, if any, that have as much direct experience with this type of thing. I'm sure your words of wisdom have given SkillShots and his partner much to think about. As someone who is super excited by the prospect of a cool place like this opening near me, it's easy to overlook all the intricacies involved.

#95 12 years ago

After reading about some of the things that went down at Tilt Town, it sounds to me like there needs to be a clear set of club rules that everyone must strictly adhere to. Members should be forced to sign a paper agreeing to the rules, and there should also be a copy of the rules posted for all to see. That way, if someone gets kicked out for violating the rules, they have nobody to blame but themselves. I also really like the idea of members sponsoring other members. It will help to weed out the random douchebags.

#97 12 years ago
    Quoted from SkillShots:

What do you think about members getting a piece of the action. Like sharing in the net revenues (revenue after repairs, maintenance, etc.) or money off their annual renewals if we do well?

Now that is certainly an intriguing concept. In my experience, there is no better way to get a person to respect something than by giving them a stake in it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-membership-club?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.