(Topic ID: 42368)

Pinball March Madness Round of 64 - Voting is Open!

By jar155

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Voting is now open for the Round of 64. The voting hub is being hosted at Gamer Theory (bandwidth reasons), and you'll head over there for links to the individual polls. There are 4 regions, just like in the NCAA tournament. Make sure to vote in each region. You can abstain from a vote if you are unfamiliar with a game, but you're encouraged to vote for each match up regardless.

Feel free to discuss your votes and the results here. Also, you don't have to have submitted a bracket to participate in voting. Spread the word and let's get some votes rolling in!

To vote, head here: http://gamertheory.com/story.aspx/417/Pinball+March+Madness+Voting/

#2 11 years ago

Coolio - bump

#3 11 years ago

No love for JM? *COUGH* Let's vote!

#4 11 years ago

Watch out for a TRON vs. AC/DC final. You heard it here first.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That would actually be pretty sweet. There's a problem with that idea though...Maverick stands in the way of that happening.

#6 11 years ago

Oooh Avengers vs X-men in the first round. Harsh

#7 11 years ago

Well done - just waiting for the BBH post about where his game is... he is lurking around someplace.

#8 11 years ago

No love for Stargate I see.

#9 11 years ago

Avengers with more votes than X-Men? That's just crazy talk. Even with unfinished code X-Men > Avengers.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from drshaw:

Avengers with more votes than X-Men? That's just crazy talk. Even with unfinished code X-Men > Avengers.

I agree. I think X-Men should rally.

#11 11 years ago

Avengers is such the better game. That's not a competition. That code is brutal on XM, and it does matter.

#12 11 years ago

I liked the congo vs creech round 1 match up. 2 JT games going head to head

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The B/W fanboys will never allow that to happen.

#14 11 years ago

black hole ...what happened there its a epic game!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The B/W fanboys will never allow that to happen.

yea not on pinside, we might admit that MM isnt worth 20k IMO that is a battle that is worth while (TRON/ACDC)

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Avengers is such the better game. That's not a competition. That code is brutal on XM, and it does matter.

Gotta agree with gambit on this one. Even if Lyman himself took over the software on xmen, avengers would still be better.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

yea not on pinside, we might admit that MM isnt worth 20k IMO that is a battle that is worth while (TRON/ACDC)

If either ACDC or tron make it to the final round; it'll be B/W fanboys vs people who've actually played ACDC/tron. Because if you've played ACDC/tron, you know how good they are and they just leave the old timers in the dust...just saying

#18 11 years ago

Keeping an eye on the JP/GNR and WCS/BDK matchup. Looks like they're going to go down to the wire.

#19 11 years ago

Where's the hardcore Black Hole fans? Gottlieb? Anyone surprised by their #1 in the brackets?

#20 11 years ago

Love this! Thanks guys.

#21 11 years ago

My picks are killing it! But Elvira and the party monsters needs to pull ahead. And 13 votes for Maverick! Did you vote 13 times jar155?

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

And 13 votes for Maverick! Did you vote 13 times jar155?

Haha, no. I think a few people are just recognizing the true champ.

#23 11 years ago

Some really tough choices, Roadshow vs Family Guy was unfair.

#24 11 years ago

The Getaway vs Champion Pub was a tough one for me. Very different machines but once I get started on either of these, even at the PHOF with 100+ other machines, I'll play them for awhile.

#25 11 years ago

Bumping this up, I need more people to vote for EATPM and roadshow!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Bumping this up, I need more people to vote for EATPM and roadshow!

FGY > roadshow

#27 11 years ago

XM beating Avengers is a joke

#29 11 years ago

Just curious, how were the matchups determined?

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Goddamn people and their opinions.

#31 11 years ago

Not!

Quoted from gambit3113:

That is the only poll so far that even resembles a surprise to me. I was able to pick the title that would be leading in all of the other polls. Not that that was difficult to do in the first round.

#32 11 years ago

Xmen has a bigger following. Not many people have played avengers LE. Pricey? Yes. Awesome? Beyond it. Better than xmen? Currently....without a doubt.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Xmen has a bigger following. Not many people have played Avengers LE. Pricey? Yes. Awesome? Beyond it. Better than xmen? Currently....without a doubt.

I also believe it may be people wanting avengers to fail so the price will drop so they can justify the purchase. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong. I've had two beers tonight

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Keeping an eye on the JP/GNR and WCS/BDK matchup.

Well that sucks. I had JP and BDK winning but that's unlikely now.

#35 11 years ago

So glad to see Dredd beating BBB.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not!

That is the only poll so far that even resembles a surprise to me. I was able to pick the title that would be leading in all of the other polls. Not that that was difficult to do in the first round.

I'm surprised with IM > POTC so far. Noobs? Hmmm. Pins were released only 4 years apart though.

#37 11 years ago

IM is the vastly superior pin in that matchup. I bet that is why it is winning.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Xmen has a bigger following. Not many people have played Avengers LE. Pricey? Yes. Awesome? Beyond it. Better than xmen? Currently....without a doubt.

If what you are saying is true, Avengers should be leading the poll. The only other explanation is that people are voting for X-Men who haven't played Avengers. That would be shocking if people are doing that. SHOCKING I tell you!

#39 11 years ago

Ok, everybody. Voting closes on this round tomorrow morning at 10:00am EST. Round of 32 will open shortly after.

Get your friends to vote!

#40 11 years ago

Looking forward to the next round
Thanks for setting it up!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-march-madness-round-of-64-voting-is-open and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.