(Topic ID: 41847)

Pinball March Madness 2013 - Get Your Brackets!!!

By jar155

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PinballMarchMadness2013pdf.pdf (PDF preview)
    #1 11 years ago

It's time for Pinball March Madness again! Last year we gave out some nice prizes for winners in our bracket contest and everybody seemed to have a good time, so it's back for 2013. Below is the download link for your official 2013 Pinball March Madness bracket. You can edit this using Excel (or OpenOffice which is free), or you can print it from your web browser and fill it out by hand.

CONTEST!

If you want to participate in the contest, you'll need to either print and fill out your bracket and scan or take a CLEAR photo of it and email it in, or you can edit the file and save a copy of it and send it back. All submissions should be emailed to pinballpodcast [at] gmail.com. You have until Tuesday morning at 10:00am EST to get your entries in. Fill your brackets out with your picks to win.

We'll award the winning bracket with a nice prize, which will be announced later.

VOTING!

Voting will start on Tuesday and run through the end of the week for the round of 64. After voting ends on that round, the next round will begin. When voting opens, I'll create a new thread to announce it, and you can discuss your picks there. Last year Twilight Zone was our winner, let's see if Pinside still agrees that it's the #1 machine or if something else will rise up.

Download link for the bracket: http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/Madness/PinballMarchMadness2013.xls

Good luck, and have fun.

#2 11 years ago

Form filled out and submitted.

#3 11 years ago

Just submitted one as well

#4 11 years ago

I'm pretty sure that it's Maverick as the favorite this year.

#5 11 years ago

thanks for doing this again, mine is submitted.

#6 11 years ago

Can I ask how you came about the pin list, came down to some tough decisions.

great work

#7 11 years ago

This was really fun last year, looking forward to it again!

#8 11 years ago

3 out of my elite 8 were Cinderellas to my somewhat surprise. Still think random draw would have been better, but thanks for the fun!

Quoted from jar155:

I'm pretty sure that it's Maverick as the favorite this year.

If I had ever played it it would have had a good chance of making it out of the first round.

#9 11 years ago

This...is...AWESOME!

#10 11 years ago

haha Avengers is pitted up against Xmen in round 1. Bloody death match!

#11 11 years ago

Yeah, Avengers vs Xmen is rough. Some solid battles in there though! Thanks Jeff!

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Can I ask how you came about the pin list, came down to some tough decisions.
    great work

It's a blend of the Pinside top 100, the IPDB top 100, and then some adjustments made to machines that are in the most talked about section. Games like Tron and AC/DC got a little bit of a seed bump because they're real hot right now.

#13 11 years ago

Dang.

Happy to see Star Wars on the list (please consider the new code update) but it's up against MM in round one. Ugh.

#15 11 years ago

Can anyone convert it from an excel file into something you can use on a mac?

#16 11 years ago

Already made my picks and sent it.

#17 11 years ago

Good job, Jeff!

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

if you have or get mac program - numbers it just opens and converts

or

PM me your email address as have loaded into an email and you can edit it there and then forward to the pinballcast

or

print off the pdf and fill in by hand, scan and send it to the guys

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I'm on a mac. You can use Google docs in Chrome.

#20 11 years ago

We've received several brackets so far. Thanks and keep them coming!

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

print off the pdf and fill in by hand, scan and send it to the guys

PDF seems to be working great, about half way through it, able to edit in acrobat. Thanks, was trying to avoid downloading a whole program that I would only use once.

#22 11 years ago

Just filled mine out and sent it back . Great fun . Thanks .

#24 11 years ago

Bump. Mines sent

#25 11 years ago

Sent mine along too. Love these bracket things.

#26 11 years ago

quick question: are we picking what we think will win or picking what we think is the better game? and print and fax our picks?

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from yoshootme:

quick question: are we picking what we think will win or picking what we think is the better game? and print and fax our picks?

Pick what you think will win. More people vote than submit brackets, so even if everybody that submits a bracket just votes for their own picks, results will still vary from that.

#28 11 years ago

Last call for brackets? Voting starts soon?

#29 11 years ago

Curious to know how many are participating, and can you guys post a link in this thread to the voting thread when it goes up?

Thanks again for doing this, I am sure it's a lot of work.

#30 11 years ago

Cool idea, but personally need more time to do bracket and respond. Looks like fun!

#31 11 years ago

When voting opens up tomorrow, I'll create a new thread. We'll leave voting open until the end of the week. You'll all get a fair chance to vote, and feel free to get others involved in voting as well. You don't need to participate in the bracket challenge to vote. Last year we had over 100 voters per round, and the numbers went up as it got closer to the finish. I'm hoping we can have 300 participants or more this year.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-march-madness-2013-get-your-brackets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.