(Topic ID: 221125)

Pinball manufacturers pay their employees a living wage?

By roffels

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Who-Dey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

untitled.png
    2e1bfm (resized).jpg
    YN6qUXj4HdXoY.gif
    D0839218-8B80-4A9A-BCFE-0C74227274E8 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#45 5 years ago

Why don't you go apply for a job at Stern and let us know. How the F would we know how much money people make that works there? They obviously are making enough or they would quit and go find another job. Jobs arent hard to come by right now as long as you can pass a drug test.

#65 5 years ago

This guy is obviously trolling and trying to start shit so i think everybody should just ignore him and let the thread die a slow death. If he wants answers to his questions he can call Stern Human Resources and find out for himself.
    He doesn't even own a damn game.

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Yeah, I'm asking if they get paid well for their hard work. I can't imagine all that wiring is easy work.

People generally dont get paid high wages because of how hard a job is. People usually get paid high wages due to their knowledge and education level or the level of responsibility that their job requires. If people got paid according to how hard they work, McDonalds employees would be higher paid than most of us here.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

I was asking what the base line is. I emailed Stern, if they answer and they're cool with it, I'll share their response.

I still cant figure out why you care so much? We have minimum wage laws in this country and im sure they are above that. They must pay food enough to keep people working there or they would all leave.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

A lot of immigrants and low-skill workers are paid minimum wage, which isn't enough to survive on in this country working 40 hours a week. I want to support businesses that support their employees. And a side benefit to a business taking care of their employees is that they're less likely to need government assistance.

All business cannot afford to pay their employees enough to afford a nice car and a nice home and health insurance etc. Im sure you aupport plenty of American businesses that dont pay their employees enough to live a life of luxery.

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Agreed, of course I buy things from businesses don't pay their employees a life of luxury.
    I did not suggest they need to own a car or house. Only that they are compensated enough to have access to housing - IE whatever rent may be in that area, and ideally have insurance and benefits. Hell, I don't own a house or car, and I'm not complaining about that. Those are luxuries, and if you have them, take comfort in them and enjoy them.

Last thing im gonna say on this. Just look at it this way, if you dont support stern we lose our biggest pinball manufacturer and those people that work there will lose their jobs. Even if they arent the best jobs in the world, it is still paying their bills for now until they can find a better job. Thats 2 good reasons that you should go out and buy the new IMDN game tomorrow. Keep in mind, by buying a new game you will also keep people working who make parts for stern to build their games with. Stern keeps more people working indirectly than they do at their factory. So by buying a new game you keep alot of people employed and you keep our hobby alive. If that's not good enough for you then i dont know what is.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-manufacturers-pay-their-employees-a-living-wage?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.