(Topic ID: 221125)

Pinball manufacturers pay their employees a living wage?

By roffels

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Who-Dey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

untitled.png
    2e1bfm (resized).jpg
    YN6qUXj4HdXoY.gif
    D0839218-8B80-4A9A-BCFE-0C74227274E8 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider High_End_Pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#12 5 years ago

The “Remanufacturer” I work for is a real tight ass. No overtime pay,no company health benefits,no sick days ,no profit sharing only sharing the losses.
    I am living the American dream. I own the company
    Seriously even when you are your own boss you don’t get all that stuff. These are jobs not a lifestyle adjustment.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Yeah, being a business owner sounds like a tough gig and something we're not all cut out for. Hopefully if you have employees, you treat them well.

It is just me these days but what a lot of people don’t always understand about the expense of employees is that it goes well beyond the hourly wage and benefits.
    You have to match their social security and Medicare.
    So a guy that brings home say $600 probably truly cost a company close to $1200 with all these additional things like insurance,workman’s comp and deductions but he feels he only makes $600 because that is what he can deposit or cash and his motivation might reflect as such.
    Point being is employees pay their bills and live a lifestyle with their net pay but employers hire and manage employees based on true cost and expenses so there will be a disconnect.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

It's Medicare. Medicaid is part of the welfare system.

Thanks I know phone has a mind of its own with the typing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider High_End_Pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-manufacturers-pay-their-employees-a-living-wage?tu=High_End_Pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.