3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jwilson
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pm-logo.png

#1 3 years ago

There's a ton of discussion in here and lots of great info.

The big problem, however, is that all the information about making your own games is scattered across multiple forums and websites, making it a big job to gather information for someone who is looking to start making their own pinball machines.

Because of this, I decided to create a central repository for any and all information on custom pinball:

pm-logo.png

http://pinballmakers.com/

It's completely free and open - the only restriction is that you must create an account to edit information and upload files. It's also open to any control systems - P-ROC, FAST, PinHeck. The focus is on maintaining useful information to pinball makers in an easy-to-use resource.

The only problem? I need your help.

I've started filling in with a skeleton of information, but I need other people's help to fill it in with more details. I've not finished a game yet, and I've not been at it for years, so all those tips and tricks you have in your head, or you've posted are things I don't know or I'm not sure it's okay to share on another site.

Some people are experts at one aspect, like say mechanical engineering, while others are programmers.

Even if you're not interested in directly editing an article on a subject, perhaps you know a link to a good one, or you've written one up and are willing to share the info. I'm happy to copy and format your info into the existing site.

I'm also looking for help on the site design. Right now it's using a default theme that looks okay but isn't great.

Basically, I'm looking for help. I have zero interest in making any money at this - I am 100% donating the server and bandwidth to the project. I just want to help create the best resource for pinball makers online. A one-stop shop of information for creating custom pinball machines.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

#2 3 years ago

Just wanted to say I love your logo. Nicely done!

#3 3 years ago

Thanks. That's the one thing I'm decent at - graphic design. That and running servers. Can't program to save my life!

#4 3 years ago

Neat idea, awesome logo, and a good start on the available info.

I did all sorts of research on building your own machine off and on for about 6 months, and I can certainly attest to how scattered the information is. I may try to add some of what I collected where it makes sense when I have time.

Also, when signing up for a new account, it doesn't ask me for an email address. It might be a good idea to add that.

#5 3 years ago

cool idea and the info is largely scattered around the net.

make sure you look up and add a link for Mission Pinball Framework for the software sections as only learnt of it the other day and the guys have provided a massive how to manual.

#6 3 years ago

I'll talk to the Mission guys about adding their info - at the very least I want to put their wire caddy system up there!

#7 3 years ago

talk to fast pinball about their cool playfield brackets for bench wiring, playing and storage.

#8 3 years ago

Nice idea & site, like it. Signed up and may write something sometime.

#9 3 years ago

Updated the wiki with info on making wireforms! Thanks to Matthew Bonnema for that info.

http://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php/Construction#Wireforms

#10 3 years ago

The site is coming along great. Thank You for taking the time to make it.
    -Matt

#11 3 years ago

More great updates! The Artwork section is more complete, including info on making mirrored backglasses!

http://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php/Artwork

2 weeks later
    #12 3 years ago

Thanks to the help of the pinball community, there's now something of a Programming section. More new stuff gets added every day.

http://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php/Programming

#13 3 years ago

Can you enable upload of Sketchup (.skp) files? I have some from the old Google 3d Warehouse and I've also started making some new ones to match the 2d part files.

#15 3 years ago

Working through making videos for VP & P-ROC. Should be of some use to someone!

FP to VP
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2OANWUJeJOn72FIRYP1oeyYYIZ_tX4ox

VP9 to VP10 with pyprocgame
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2OANWUJeJOnNdOxC_Lad5w6Jh-WPB4

1 month later
    #16 3 years ago

Can you enable upload of .Zip files? I have bunch of solidworks files and they are going to transfer best as a zip file. IE WPC pop bumper is an assembly of 27 parts.

Bob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 224.99
    $ 64.99
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bent Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 78.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 329.00
    $ 26.50
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 74.95
    Various Novelties
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 47.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside