• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by isJ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9252bf553898c649397bf6cb9e9a4e2e7976b1b8.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uneksija.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I just bought a new house (well, new for me - the house is 70 years old). In the cellar there is a room with space for 6 pinball machines, or perhaps even 7, which I think is pretty neat. Now I encountered the following:

The room height is 194 cm (76 inches), which is just enough for my Jungle Lord pinball, which is the only machine I have there at the moment. However, there is one thing: I can’t lift the playfield so that it leans on the backbox, because when lifting, the top of the playfield bumps on the ceiling - there is simply not enough height in the room. This is pretty annoying, because ”leaning on the backbox” repair position is very useful when fixing upper playfield mechanisms etc. Of course I can use the basic ”car hood” repair position with the help of the machine’s metal support thing (sorry, my pinball vocabulary is clearly lacking). Unfortunately this position is pretty bad on my back when fixing upper playfield mechanisms etc.

Has anybody else had this problem? I wonder if there any tricks that could be used that are not so obvious? If I don’t figure out anything else, I’ll probably put a couple of hooks on the ceiling so that the playfield can lean on those in a much steeper position than the basic ”car hood” position. That would probably significantly reduce my problem.

Soon I’ll bring my EATPM into the room. I had to get shortened custom legs, because Elvira needs about 0,5-1 cm more room height than I have… I really hope I won’t have the same problem with Elvira’s playfield as I have with the Jungle Lord’s playfield. Unlike Jungle Lord, Elvira has hinges for lifting the playfield, and it shouldn’t require so much vertical space… But we’ll see how it goes.

Anyways, any thoughts on pinball maintentance in a room with a low ceiling would be much appreciated! Please tell me my game room doesn’t suck because of the height

#10 5 years ago

Thanks for the tips!

The ceiling isn't drop tile - it's concrete. Hence I think my best option would be two install those hooks to the ceiling. Then the playfield could lean on those with a much higher angle than the basic "car hood" position. I think then it should be quite comfortable to carry out those repairs that would normally require the "leaning on the backbox" repair position.

I'll report the results here when I get those hooks installed! I became a father two months ago, thus pinball time seems to be a bit limited

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 49.99
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 70.00
$ 18.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uneksija.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-maintenance-in-a-room-with-a-low-ceiling?tu=uneksija and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.