(Topic ID: 140793)

Pinball Magic shop out FINISHED! (sort of)

By SilverUnicorn

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PinBertl
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ccpf6.jpg
ccpf4.jpg
ccpf2.jpg
ccpf3.jpg
ccpf1.jpg
DSCF9740.jpg
DSCF9737.jpg
DSCF9736.jpg
DSCF9735.jpg
DSCF9734.jpg
DSCF9733.jpg
DSCF9730.jpg
DSCF9731.jpg
DSCF9732.jpg
DSCF9729.jpg
DSCF9728.jpg
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 8 years ago

Which would be fine if it didn't have a threaded screw going under the PF directly under the cut out of the back...so strange.

#52 8 years ago

Yeah, that one might just stay there.

Chris

1 week later
#53 8 years ago

Anyone know where to get metal posts for Capcom games?

My Pinball Magic - one of the posts at the entrance to the ramp was sheared off.

SM00145-04 is the part #. These seem to be out of stock everywhere

Anyone have a few hanging out that could sell me?

Post, Bumper, 1.125, M-F, 8-32 (7/7 x 1/2)

Thanks in advance.
Chris

#54 8 years ago

Hmmm...here's a round bottom that is a little bigger but might work?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5075-00

That's all i got

#55 8 years ago

I think that would work if the post weren't under the end of the ramp. I think the extra 1/8" might be an issue.

Thank you for the link though, I will look at the game again and see if maybe I can work something out.

Chris

#56 8 years ago

Slow and steady wins the race, right? Then I will be #1! LOL

Got some assemblies rebuilt. Getting there slowly. Call me old fashioned, but I love a table full of new parts

DSCF9674.jpgDSCF9674.jpg

DSCF9677.jpgDSCF9677.jpg

DSCF9676.jpgDSCF9676.jpg

#57 8 years ago

Playfield is cleaned, all posts replaced (yes, even the ones you'll NEVER see). Amazing how bad plastics get beat up too.

Trying to determine how to fix the damaged ramp

Anyone have a rear ramp assemble that I can trade karma points for? LOL

Hope you're enjoying the pics.

Chris

DSCF9681.jpgDSCF9681.jpg

DSCF9683.jpgDSCF9683.jpg

DSCF9682.jpgDSCF9682.jpg

DSCF9684.jpgDSCF9684.jpg

DSCF9685.jpgDSCF9685.jpg

DSCF9686.jpgDSCF9686.jpg

DSCF9687.jpgDSCF9687.jpg

#58 8 years ago

Hope to be done with mine tonight...but you never know.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hope to be done with mine tonight...but you never know.

Were you successful in getting it done?

Chris

#60 8 years ago

I once pulled the mylar on a NBA Fastbreak and lost a chunk of artwork on one insert. I ended up getting the piece free from the pulled mylar and "glued" it back down using that clear UV cured resin. There is a thread on here about fixing ghosted inserts with the stuff.

After the insert was cured, I cut a small piece of mylar and placed it over the insert. Turned out better than I thought it would. However it was difficult as the small piece of artwork did not want to lay flat and you have to use just the right amount of resin.

#61 8 years ago

Well, not much on this in the past few says. Sorry for the lack of updates but sometimes life gets in the way, LOL.

Waiting on some protectors from PinBits then I should make a bit more progress.

Chris

#62 8 years ago

Thanks Pinbits!!

DSCF9691.JPGDSCF9691.JPG

Thought the spinner assembly was a little rough, so with some Novus and 1000 grit sandpaper is making a world of difference. Still more to do, but looking better!

DSCF9695.jpgDSCF9695.jpg

DSCF9692.jpgDSCF9692.jpg

DSCF9694.jpgDSCF9694.jpg

DSCF9697.jpgDSCF9697.jpg

DSCF9696.jpgDSCF9696.jpg

#63 8 years ago

Can a Pinball Magic owner help me out?

I think I got my photos mixed up. I am needing to know what wires go to the stage door coil.
Can anyone confirm this is correct?

DSCF9628.jpgDSCF9628.jpg

#64 8 years ago

I can tonight...if no one can today...if the game is running you can access tests and navigate to that coil and it will give you the wire colors.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

I can tonight...if no one can today...if the game is running you can access tests and navigate to that coil and it will give you the wire colors.

Oh, good call Cody - thanks! I hadn't thought of that

I think this is correct. I was going to attach the purple wires, but I found the pic of those and they are for the drop target assembly coil. My bad for not labeling them

Chris

#66 8 years ago

Figured out the wires, thanks all! Starting re-assembly.

DSCF9698.jpgDSCF9698.jpg

DSCF9700.jpgDSCF9700.jpg

DSCF9699.jpgDSCF9699.jpg

DSCF9702.jpgDSCF9702.jpg

DSCF9701.jpgDSCF9701.jpg

#67 8 years ago

I forgot to check my game. Oh, adjust that switch at the top of the captive ball ramp really close or you'll be trying to swallow the sword forever!

#68 8 years ago

DSCF9703.jpgDSCF9703.jpg

DSCF9705.jpgDSCF9705.jpg

DSCF9704.jpgDSCF9704.jpg

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

I forgot to check my game. Oh, adjust that switch at the top of the captive ball ramp really close or you'll be trying to swallow the sword forever!

Also I would get the game back together enough so you can test the levitating ball switch. Took forever to get that going and even now every blue moon it won't register.

#70 8 years ago

Hmmmmm, ok. Is that normally an issue? That seemed to go bath together easily.

Chris

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Were you successful in getting it done?
Chris

Ha I was so close...just 1 post and re attaching the ramp diverter...couldn't get to it this week so I really dropped the ball!

1 week later
#72 8 years ago

got the ramp fixed. Used a piece of aluminum to bridge the gap that was destroyed on the ramp.

Getting stuff back together slowly.

DSCF9712.jpgDSCF9712.jpg

DSCF9711.jpgDSCF9711.jpg

DSCF9710.jpgDSCF9710.jpg

DSCF9713.jpgDSCF9713.jpg

#73 8 years ago

Hmmmm....looks like you missing the 'mirror plate' that goes under the ramp back and to the left of the spinner. Looking at your original pictures looks like you never had it. It covers the empty space back there...might not be too hard to remake as it's basically just a big square piece of metal. I'll have to get a picture of it off my machine...no good angles online

pm1.jpgpm1.jpg

pm.jpgpm.jpg

#74 8 years ago

Here we go. found this from old shop job, sorry this is a tough place to take a pic of to be sure. Anyway, it's a rectabgle mirrored metal peace with 2 flat attaching holes perpendicular on the bottom (so the same as any ball lane guide).
I believe it is screwed in above the playfield with the 2 nuts that hold the plastics down.

mirror.jpgmirror.jpg

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Here we go. found this from old shop job, sorry this is a tough place to take a pic of to be sure. Anyway, it's a rectabgle mirrored metal peace with 2 flat attaching holes perpendicular on the bottom (so the same as any ball lane guide).
I believe it is screwed in above the playfield with the 2 nuts that hold the plastics down.

mirror.jpg

Interesting, thank you for that! Now, where the heck to find one of those!

Chris

#76 8 years ago

Well despite apparently missing a magic mirror, I am pushing ahead. I can almost see the finish line now! Then it will be power up and testing to see what I borked. LOL

DSCF9712.jpgDSCF9712.jpg

DSCF9714.jpgDSCF9714.jpg

DSCF9713.jpgDSCF9713.jpg

DSCF9715.jpgDSCF9715.jpg

DSCF9716.jpgDSCF9716.jpg

DSCF9717.jpgDSCF9717.jpg

DSCF9719.jpgDSCF9719.jpg

DSCF9718.jpgDSCF9718.jpg

#77 8 years ago

Got a bunch done this morning. Mostly under the hood, re-soldering coils, wiring, connectors, etc.

Getting there! Coils seemed to test fine (including the floating ball and wand assembly). Looks like those switches are OK. Time will tell

Chris

#78 8 years ago

Good work. Soldering is required with Capcom as everything isn't connected by Molex easy all the time. But hey, some fresh solder on those tiny tiny wires isn't a bad idea.

No need to worry aboot the mirror now, you can deal with that later.

#79 8 years ago

DSCF9719.jpgDSCF9719.jpg

DSCF9727.jpgDSCF9727.jpg

DSCF9726.jpgDSCF9726.jpg

DSCF9728.jpgDSCF9728.jpg

DSCF9729.jpgDSCF9729.jpg

#80 8 years ago

Beautiful! Nice work.

#81 8 years ago

Chris, do you have a "Silence the Critics" decal?

Also, where is your Magic Ball...or is it Mystery Ball? I have yet to learn what that feature does.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Beautiful! Nice work.

Thank you!

Quoted from cody_chunn:

Chris, do you have a "Silence the Critics" decal?
Also, where is your Magic Ball...or is it Mystery Ball? I have yet to learn what that feature does.

Cody - Yes, It is not installed yet in those pics. It is on there now, I need to get more pics up

Not sure what you mean by the Mystery Ball, but it is possible I have not installed it yet.

Should be done in another day or two! Getting excited to play it

Chris

#83 8 years ago

It's an odd thing in the software. When you access it, it shows a graphical representation of the playfield sideways on the DMD showing the location of the mystery ball. I have NO IDEA what it means or does.

#84 8 years ago

Every PM I have seen has red condom colored on the critics bulbs...if you're looking to go all original.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

It's an odd thing in the software. When you access it, it shows a graphical representation of the playfield sideways on the DMD showing the location of the mystery ball. I have NO IDEA what it means or does.

Interesting. I will have to look at the software

Quoted from TheLaw:

Every PM I have seen has red condom colored on the critics bulbs...if you're looking to go all original.

Oh, okay. Mine had blue on it when I got it. No problem switching them out though Thanks!

Chris

#86 8 years ago

Well, everything is back together!

Played my first game, and.........well, there's an issue. Seems my ramp "fix" creates a ball hang up. Worked seemingly well during testing before putting everything back together, but alas, not now - The game also didn't do a ball search when it got stuck either, which is also strange.

It looks good, and I don't even mind the insert issues really. Now to get the life squared away I think it'll be a keeper!

Chris

DSCF9732.jpgDSCF9732.jpg
DSCF9731.jpgDSCF9731.jpg
DSCF9730.jpgDSCF9730.jpg
DSCF9733.jpgDSCF9733.jpg
DSCF9734.jpgDSCF9734.jpg
DSCF9735.jpgDSCF9735.jpg
DSCF9736.jpgDSCF9736.jpg
DSCF9737.jpgDSCF9737.jpg

#87 8 years ago

Great work!

#88 8 years ago

Great job Chris !
LTG : )

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Great job Chris !
LTG : )

Thanks! I hope people enjoyed the thread. If it helps another owner shop out their machine, it was well worth it.

I made some adjustments on my ramp fix and now the ball doesn't get hung up. Time will tell if that will hold up, but for now everything seems to be working great (knock on wood).

Thanks again for all the advice, ideas, and support along the way

Chris

#90 8 years ago

I hate to Columbo you...but ah, There's just one more thing....

Ring should be green, not red

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I hate to Columbo you...but ah, There's just one more thing....
Ring should be green, not red

Hahahahaha, that's an easy fix

You caught me!

Chris

#92 8 years ago

All done, with the correct green jewel (thanks Columbo!), and back in the lineup!

Thanks for following along (if you were following). If I ever fix the insert I will follow up the thread.

Chris

DSCF9740.jpgDSCF9740.jpg

#93 8 years ago

Time to kick back and relax! Until something breaks

#94 8 years ago

Yeah. What I really need to do is figure out why Airborne is eating Solenoid fuses

Chris

#95 8 years ago

Very nice!! I'm impressed with what you accomplished. There are some PM parts that are very difficult/impossible to find. Only a couple things I noticed, besides the missing mirror that was pointed out earlier.

The half circle plastic piece with the girl in the bikini, is on backwards.

The magic wand should be pointing to the left when the game is not being played.

#96 8 years ago

figure out why Airborne is eating Solenoid fuses

Diode on coil backwards, bad diode on coil. Coil lugs close enough to short to metal.

LTG : )™

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from Starwriter:

Very nice!! I'm impressed with what you accomplished. There are some PM parts that are very difficult/impossible to find. Only a couple things I noticed, besides the missing mirror that was pointed out earlier.
The half circle plastic piece with the girl in the bikini, is on backwards.
The magic wand should be pointing to the left when the game is not being played.

Thanks! I am pretty happy with it. I like my games do be "nice" and well playing. I really appreciate the High end stuff, but it's not for me. I like games to have a little character, some history, if that makes sense.

That makes sense on the plastic, I will check that out. I put it back the way it was on there when I got it. Also, in the pics I hadn't powered up the machine yet, and had moved the want to get to screws, etc. It sits to the left now when in attract mode

Quoted from LTG:

Diode on coil backwards, bad diode on coil. Coil lugs close enough to short to metal.
LTG : )™

Thanks Lloyd, looks lke I have some digging to do. I am pretty sure it is the ramp solenoid. It went before and we used a comparable coil from Williams and replaced the transistor. It may have had a reversed diode.

Chris

#98 8 years ago

I hope people enjoyed the thread.

Was fun to follow - glad you shared. And, it makes me want this title...

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Was fun to follow - glad you shared. And, it makes me want this title...
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

I will bring it to Allentown this year. You can check it out

Chris

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Best of luck Chris and feel free to contact me if you need help. If you remember I did a shop out of one earlier this year and it was THE MOST difficult jigsaw puzzle of a game to do that I have ever done. There are some screws and parts that due to the design I have no idea how they ever got them assembled as I was having to remove things in multiple stages...I think you will see what I mean when you get deep into the back of the machine. No Simple way to take it apart or put it back together. I still have all of the pictures if you miss any documentation. GOOD LUCK I am sure it will look amazing when you are done with it!

its like most sys 11's then

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,300 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-shop-out-started/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.