Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have a pinball magic available to me ... which is CLOSE to my desired Theatre of Magic pin ... it looks cool ... for 1900. Is that a good price? ... from the sites I frequent it's a decent one I think.

Input?? .... need to see photos? .... im still waiting for the guy to provide them.

#2 11 years ago

If it is in decent condition its a good price. I don't know what pins go for in your neck of the woods but pinball magic seems to be in the 2k-2500 down here in the midwest.

#3 11 years ago

Definitely post pics, this one is on my list of Capcoms needed. Without pics 1900 sounds good if 100% no errors no damage but wear and fading. I would hunt for one for less if the PF is damaged or stuff is not working. Oh one more thing, it's no TOM. But I am a big Jpop fan.

#4 11 years ago

Thats a good price. PM at least everyone i have ever seen has full PF Mylar on it. Game is fun Capcom Tech is the best there ever was as well

#5 11 years ago

From what I've read/seen/heard thats a good price.

#6 11 years ago

That's definitely a good price. I sold my PM out here in California recently and it went for the high 2k's (but the playfield was MINT)

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Capcom Tech is the best there ever was as well

Could you link to some old RGP thread where this is discussed? I am assuming there is one somewhere. I have heard both ways, like "ohh the horror of finding capcom stuff", and then what you said. Or just comment on a couple of things that make Capcom better that I can go hunt up.

#8 11 years ago

Capcom was just better in many ways,smd tech being one. Lots of guys dont like smd stuff but i do. I have a hot air station. The light matrix was far superior as well. There was nothing like Capcom Tech until P2k came along. I like things though for technology. Game could suck but i love new HW. I dont want to thread jack. Ask away via pm if you like.

#9 11 years ago

I'm in the market for a PM myself. Great game! The one thing that prevents a lot of people from buying Capcom games is parts availability.

#10 11 years ago

Pinball Magic is a great pin. Other than the theme, it is nothing like Theater of Magic. If you really love Theater of Magic, hold out for a Theater of Magic. Pinball Magic has a very linear ruleset. If you don't like linear rulesets, you will tire of PM quickly. Of the two, I actually prefer PM over ToM, but only because I had CV for a long time and thought ToM felt like a reversed CV with a ruleset that didn't even come close to CV.

$1900 for a PM is a decent price, so you won't get upside down on it (if the condition is decent) when you go to sell.

#11 11 years ago

thanks guys, you are always so helpful. Pinball related or not this is the best forum ever....

Like we can all swear, say pretty much anything we want ..... but we're all decent to each other ... it's really pretty awesome.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerSaw:

but we're all decent to each other

Not always, hahaha. But MUCH more so than some other forums....

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Pinball Magic is a great pin. Other than the theme, it is nothing like Theater of Magic.

+1. totally different feel and play.

#14 11 years ago

images!

tell me what you think, is 1900 still decent?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pacman01/

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm in the market for a PM myself. Great game! The one thing that prevents a lot of people from buying Capcom games is parts availability.

+1. Good price, but heaven forbid you need replacement parts! I have thought about buying this title several times, but each time I found one it got away fast!

#16 11 years ago

Pictures look pretty good to me. I see a little wear in the Mylar but you could always remove that. Cabinet shows some signs of use but nothing too bad. I'd say 1900 is still a good deal assuming everything works.

And I wouldn't worry about parts availability. Parts are out there. You may have to order from Australia (I had to get flipper coil stops from there at one point) but you can find parts.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from wonderpuddle:

ictures look pretty good to me. I see a little wear in the Mylar but you could always remove that. Cabinet shows some signs of use but nothing too bad. I'd say 1900 is still a good deal assuming everything works.

And I wouldn't worry about parts availability. Parts are out there. You may have to order from Australia (I had to get flipper coil stops from there at one point) but you can find parts.

ya I can track stuff down, im a heavy ebay user. He told me the mylar has some damage, but like you said, I can remove that .... just need to learn how ....

Okay, thanks to you guys, Im 99% sure im buying it.

#18 11 years ago

Good luck with the purchase. I love my pinball magic.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from wonderpuddle:

Correct on that. I needed a new Stage diverter arm and it took a while to find it. I found them in Australia, not sure of the company, have to find my receipt. I believe they bought all the stock from Illinois pinball, again not 100% sure. Anyway I bought 2 diverter arms and with shipping it wasn't too bad. I think Marco also sells capcom parts.
I had a slingshot bracket break but I had someone weld it together and it has held up for 2 years.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerSaw:

I have a Pinball Magic available to me ... which is CLOSE to my desired Theatre of Magic pin ... it looks cool ... for 1900. Is that a good price? ... from the sites I frequent it's a decent one I think.
Input?? .... need to see photos? .... im still waiting for the guy to provide them.

Good price and I like the game better than TOM. They are getting pretty scarce, of course which good games aren't.

#21 11 years ago

Why would you compare it to Theatre of Magic? The two games aren't remotely similar.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Why would you compare it to Theatre of Magic? The two games aren't remotely similar.

Because the theme, most people compare it even though they have nothing in common aside from theme.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I agree thats like comparing Monster Bash to EATPM

#24 11 years ago

MORE INFO! He tested it, and seems very honest, Im just pondering price again

"it powers up.. and plays well... but they are some little issues I found ..

1- some light bulbs need replacement I quickly spotted like 5-6
2- coin mechanism not present so if you want to make it a coin taker youll need this: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CM25 for quaters they are other models for dollars
3- the 5 bank drop target gives me an error message in diagnostic... but the drop targets do go up and down.. its probably a switch from the drop targets that causes the problem..like these http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-CRB but it does nt affect the game play that much drop targets give you bonus multiplier so you just get lower scores...."

And what the problem with comparing PM with TOM? .... like when it comes to a pin theme, and fun are really all that matters, isnt it? .... are they both fun? ... from what i read, yes ... are they both magic themed .... yes .... I dont get the "cant compare" ....

#25 11 years ago

I never said you can't compare the two. It's just a silly comparison because the games aren't remotely similar. Why would you compare two totally different things? Theme is not everything in pinball. Especially when the themes are unlicensed. It's not like someone says "I just got to have magic related pinball."

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It's just a silly comparison because the games aren't remotely similar.

Elaborate. How arent they similar?

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I never said you can't compare the two. It's just a silly comparison because the games aren't remotely similar. Why would you compare two totally different things? Theme is not everything in pinball. Especially when the themes are unlicensed. It's not like someone says "I just got to have magic related pinball."

Both magic themed pins, seems pretty similar to me or at a minimum not "totally different".

#28 11 years ago

Not sure about magic.....but I know some people that prefer monster themed pins only.

#29 11 years ago

Kind of got derailed here, what do you guys think price wise, it has a few drop target issues, and such, think I can get a lower price?

#30 11 years ago

Those don't sound like huge problems to me. I'd check under the play field and see if a wire broke off at the solder point. That's the most common capcom issue. Could be a thirty second fix. Regardless, if this is all that s wrong, I wouldn't see it as a big deal. Maybe it will give you some practice fixing up te game a bit.

Maybe you could talk him down a few bucks. But if you like the game, these issues shouldn't turn you away. That's my two cents. Granted, I live in LA and I'd be shocked to see a PM last more than a day here a less than $2k. So maybe my perspective is off a bit. But it still sounds lie a good buy to me.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerSaw:

the 5 bank drop target gives me an error message in diagnostic... but the drop targets do go up and down.. its probably a switch from the drop targets that causes the problem.

Check for broken wires to the switches. Very common problem. I've had to resolder 2 wires to the switches. Another thing I did was use ty-raps to bundle the harness up in certain locations to reduce stress and tension on the wires.

Great game and there is a conspiracy story on the making of PM and TOM. Most think PM was in design first and TOM was after. Read the story in pinjournal, I think. You can't go wrong with either PM or TOM.

#32 11 years ago

Good price. If you think you'd like it, grab it fast. Chances are you won't find another one for >$2000 anytime soon.

#33 11 years ago

I am assuming you guys will assist with any repair questions I have?

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerSaw:

To the best of our ability. Keep in mind that Capcom did not produce that many titles so not as many people have experience working on them. Some repair advice is fairly universal, but issues specific to capcom boards become trickier.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerSaw:

I can help you with all the parts of my Pm that actually work

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!
Playfields
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.