New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 273674)

Pinball Magic or Elvira and The Party Monsters?

By Steve_d71

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by RobertWinter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Pinball magic or Elvira and the Party Monsters ”

• Pinball Magic 1 vote
    100%
  • Elvira and the Party Monsters 0 votes

(1 vote)

#1 3 months ago

I'm considering trading my Pinball Magic for an Elvira and the Party Monsters. I've never actually played EATPM. Just looking for some thoughts and feedback.
Thanks

#2 3 months ago

Pinball Magic is much deeper in rules and has much better shots. Elvira and the Party Monsters is a slightly better looking machine with a great theme but outside the two cool ramps and a saucer up the middle, there's not much else to it. Not the best System 11, but definitely not the worst.

Both good pins. Elvira is the slightly better theme but Pinball Magic is a more interesting pin IMO with a much better layout.

#3 3 months ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

I'm considering trading my Pinball Magic for an Elvira and the Party Monsters. I've never actually played EATPM. Just looking for some thoughts and feedback.
Thanks

Pinball Magic is rarer, worth more money and the better game IMO.

#4 3 months ago

Having owned a pinball magic, I found it fun for a few days, but later became annoying and the audio was harsh to my ears. Add to that the under-gauged wiring, the scarcity of parts (god help you if the DMD has an issue), and the crazy flipper parts... Elvira is basic but fun.

Because parts are available for B/W games, I’m always preferring those. EATPM has some awesome ramps too.

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Pinball Magic is rarer, worth more money and the better game IMO.

That is correct. Pinball Magic definitely has a little more value.

#6 3 months ago

I appreciate the input. Pinball Magic is the more valuable game. I've had it now for about 6 years and just want to change things up.
The Elvira pin is a looker. I'll give it some more thought.

#7 3 months ago

I had an EATPM and miss it. I've never actually played Magic, only seen a couple vids online, so not sure what the game play is like, but do the modes always play in the same order? If they do, then it would get repetitive.

#8 3 months ago

EATPM for sure, imo. Hard to find in good condition

#9 3 months ago

Pinball magic is SO SO SO much better.

Eatpm is cool theme but pretty much the worst of that era. Go get a dr dude for a fraction of the cost.

#10 3 months ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I had an EATPM and miss it. I've never actually played Magic, only seen a couple vids online, so not sure what the game play is like, but do the modes always play in the same order? If they do, then it would get repetitive.

All the shots are in the same order every game.

#11 3 months ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

All the shots are in the same order every game.

That's why I sold my Pinball Magic many years ago and have never missed it one bit. It is the MOST linear game I have ever played as you have to do everything in the same order on every game.

Granted, EATPM is a very simplistic game rules-wise but it's a great looking machine and just plain fun. Nothing linear about it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saylorsburg, PA
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 49.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
$ 104.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
York, PA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside