doughslinger_s_visit_001.JPG
No_!!.gif
HS2_Flasher_Kits_015.JPG
Pinball_Magic_028.JPG
Pinball_Magic_026.JPG
Pinball_Magic_025.JPG
Pinball_Magic_024.JPG
Pinball_Magic_023.JPG
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I've played this Pin at Lost Ark several Tymes and I like it Better than TOM .. Anyway , I went to the Auction Pre-view and Bought it from the Owner . As Soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to Buy it Auction Day .. My Luck Changed for the Good !! The Owner also threw in a NOS Complete Plastic P/F kit , a New Skill shot hat and The Disapearing ball thang and he Replaced the Opto ball though before bring-n it to sell !!! There were Several Local NC Pinside Member's Present and I Scored !!

Here's a Few Pict's !!! ,, Better Pict-s Later ,, I'm BUSY

Pinball_Magic_002.JPGPinball_Magic_002.JPG Pinball_Magic_007.JPGPinball_Magic_007.JPG Pinball_Magic_009.JPGPinball_Magic_009.JPG Pinball_Magic_017.JPGPinball_Magic_017.JPG

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#3 11 years ago

Cant wait to see how this one turns out B_R.

#4 11 years ago

Sure it will get the b-r treatment...awesome

#5 11 years ago

Ley me play 1 game and I'll Take the Photo's ... Be Back Shortly !!!

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

ey me play 1 game and I'll Take the Photo's ... Be Back Shortly !!!

oooooooooooooh yeah bawchicky baw wahhhhhhh

#7 11 years ago

Congrats on the PM, BR!!!!!!!

#8 11 years ago

Make sure you use premiums for LEDs even in the gi. Capcom gi are actually part of the lamp matrix and have variable levels. Without premiums, it's a nightmare.

#9 11 years ago

Make sure you use premiums for LEDs even in the gi. Capcom gi are actually part of the lamp matrix and have variable levels. Without premiums, it's a nightmare.

Man , The way the incandescent bulb's Fade In & Out , I Don't think NO Led can do this ,, That's what I've heard anyway .. But I have a Box Full of Premiums , Retro, Frosteds etc,,, I'll Find out !!

Here's a Few More ,, The B/glass is a Beauty !! Not my 1st Capcom tho ,, Airbourne and Breakshot ..

I like how you can open the coin door and the menu comes available on the DMD , Using the Flipper buttons and Start button to scroll through ,, Super Coool Pin !! This Was the Best lOOking Pin of the Very Few they had there ..

Pinball_Magic_020.JPGPinball_Magic_020.JPG Pinball_Magic_021.JPGPinball_Magic_021.JPG Pinball_Magic_022.JPGPinball_Magic_022.JPG Pinball_Magic_023.JPGPinball_Magic_023.JPG Pinball_Magic_024.JPGPinball_Magic_024.JPG Pinball_Magic_025.JPGPinball_Magic_025.JPG

#10 11 years ago

ThAts a great pick-up bud. Ya need to hang on to that one for awhile.

#11 11 years ago

PM is one cool pin. Congrats B_R.

#12 11 years ago

Without question one of the neatest games out there. I'm envious BR!

#13 11 years ago

Capcoms and built unbelievably well..

Good score dude !

#14 11 years ago

Nice score B_R !!!!!

#15 11 years ago

Sweet score, BR! This game has so many cool tricks it does with the ball that I've never seen on any other DMD game. I love how dark the music can get. That, and the "game over" music/laugh, this shit gets dark, man. I f**king love it! This & Big Bang Bar are Capcom's masterpieces. It's a shame this company went under when they did. They were just starting to rock n' roll.

I'm interested to see how the LEDs turn out on this one. Post some pics & vids.

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I like it Better than TOM

Me too, dude. Damn, I thought I was the only one. For TOM, I totally dig the trap door that comes up out of the playfield, but Pinball Magic brings more unique qualities IMO. For those who dare, you can still score a Pinball Magic for half of what TOMs are going for.

#16 11 years ago

It never hurts to go early back in Knoxville auction days people some people hung out Friday helped unload and buy on the spot, most would leave in auction so they often made extra money that way, say I give you 1500 you sell then the new buyer could sell for 1800 new buyer made 200 dollars and didnt do anything but pay first buyer who got his cash and is out. Auction made money everybody happy. Ultimate pin flipping and didnt have to move and store. I havent seen anybody do that at Winston Salem just parking lot deals. I like the theme very well not as good as TOM to me but second best Capcom pin that I have played. TOM has that cool WMS flipper feel whereas Capcom flippers feel different.
Just hard to imagine as Alving G was closing this new company started and in just a few years they made some incredible pins but it helped to have Pfultz on software (Pinbot and many more). A side note that artist on Pinball Magic has a new job! Great pin for the money! Now sell to me when you ready so it can join BBB, Breakshot from Jim and Flipper Football in my Capcom collection please. I bring Black Rose back to you.

#17 11 years ago

Nice pickup, BR. Pinball Magic is absolutely brilliant, and I have adored mine from day one.

And even though I'm known for being pretty anti-LED across the board, remember...only a GRADE-A MORON WOULD LED THIS GAME.

Please don't do it.

Peace.

#18 11 years ago

Now sell to me when you ready so it can join BBB, Breakshot from Jim and Flipper Football in my Capcom collection please. I bring Black Rose back to you.

As Much as I Love Black Rose , and you DO have the Best of the 3 that I owned ,, I'm Gonna Hold onto Pinball Magic for a while . I'm Want do a Video , Start-n w/ how the P/F raises ( what a Trip )
and my 12 Error's are Lamp's , i found them thru the DMD Navigation System !! This Pin's diagnostics system remind's me of RFM .. I Set the Sling contact's closer and Waxed the p/f w/ Mequiars Gold Class Carnuba Plus . Wait for the Video , What a Light -show !! I'm absolutely Thrilled I had Plenty of 100 dollar bill's on me 2-nite .. It Never hurt's to be Prepared .. A few More pict's ,, a Couple More games and I'm Off to get some sleep .. Tomorrow is Auction day ,, I want 1 More ..

Pinball_Magic_026.JPGPinball_Magic_026.JPG Pinball_Magic_028.JPGPinball_Magic_028.JPG

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Nice pickup, BR. Pinball Magic is absolutely brilliant, and I have adored mine from day one.
And even though I'm known for being pretty anti-LED across the board, remember...only a GRADE-A MORON WOULD LED THIS GAME.
Please don't do it.
Peace.

I Really Don't think it's Possible !! I Will try the 5- Frosted 555's under the Crystal Ball
( that Will Bling ) I Love the Fade to Black the Reg- bulb's are Do-n Now .. I'm With Ya bro !!

Sorry CoinTaker ,, A Pin that Doesn't Like Led's .. I'll 4-ward Chris this Thread !!

#20 11 years ago

Love this game! great score, pf looks top notch.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Sorry CoinTaker ,, A Pin that Doesn't Like Led's .. I'll 4-ward Chris this Thread !!

So do we have to wait for Cointaker Premium 3 LEDs to properly LED a Pinball Magic, or is it simply not possible? I notice Cointaker does not offer kits for Pinball Magic & Big Bang Bar, so I'm not even sure they've ventured there yet.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Man , The way the incandescent bulb's Fade In & Out , I Don't think NO Led can do this ,, That's what I've heard anyway ..

Well that's the first sorta anti-LED thing I've ever heard you say! Wow! Just busting your balls . Awesome score B_R!

#23 11 years ago

Yep the only way you can dim a led is with Pulse Width Modulation. LED's are either On or Off so with PWM you are actually turning the LED on and off many times a second. Slower frequency equal dim. Faster equal brighter. Even then I think you can only dim them to around 50%. From what i've seen its not a dramatic difference compared to dimming a normal light bulb.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

NO.

LEDs?

NO.

Repeat after me, "No. LEDs? No."

go with your gut instinct. the incadescent light show is not to be missed.

don't sully her BR!

(ya can still get some colored incandescent bulbs for the 'GI' areas, that's fun to fool around with.)

#25 11 years ago

I am in no hurry just give me a yell before you sell is all I can ask. I would have gotten that Spiderman for more money than you sold as if I dont spend it Mr Obama will take it. With the great American Recovery and Reinvestment Act depreciation is vastly accelerated on pin purchases but that ends Dec 31 unless a deal is made.

#26 11 years ago

That's awesome, I am actually playing one at a friends house right now. It is an amazing game, better than Tom I think.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I Really Don't think it's Possible !! I Will try the 4- Frosted 555's under the Crystal Ball
( that Will Bling ) I Love the Fade to Black the Reg- bulb's are Do-n Now .. I'm With Ya bro !!

Thank jeebus.

Pinball Magic's light show is extremely unique and gorgeous, and to intentionally lose that would be a sad, sad thing.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

NO.

LEDs?

NO.

Repeat after me, "No. LEDs? No."

Bill is wise. Heed his words.

I experimented with every LED under the sun in my Airborne. In the end, I pulled almost all of them out. Unfortunately, the only way LEDs are gonna work properly with Capcom games is if herg ever gets around to making one of his special boards for them.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I Really Don't think it's Possible !! I Will try the 4- Frosted 555's under the Crystal Ball

As I said, you can led it with premiums. You will lose the fading effects. But you will substitute that ugly dim incandescent look for nicer led look, which you obviously like or you wouldn't led your games in the first place. With premiums for GI and inserts, it seemed to behave close to any othe game you might led.

#30 11 years ago

Nice score B_R. Beautiful machine.

#31 11 years ago

I had never seen one until 2 weeks ago, and still didnt get to play it because we were moving my new 2 pins. But it looks very cool, and I think my mom is still trying to figure out how to steal it...

#33 11 years ago

I let this down-load over nite ,,

#34 11 years ago

Congrats Mark, we'll be gone in a month...

#35 11 years ago

Nice pick-up. Super looking game.
Seems like you nailed the captive ball a couple of times, but it didn't register. You may need to adjust that switch at the top or remove the foam behind it so it registers easier.
The "wizard" mode against Magna Matra is super cool. Sound, lights, and her (somewhat orgasmic) screams really rock. Have fun!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

As I said, you can led it with premiums. You will lose the fading effects. But you will substitute that ugly dim incandescent look for nicer led look

This advice is 100% FAIL.

#37 11 years ago

Congrats on the new game!

#38 11 years ago

i would try the leds under the inserts and leave the gi incandescent. ive had a couple b/w games that way and they look very nice. looks like the gi are the only ones that fade in and out. i hve never seen one so im just guessing here. btw, thanks for the vids b_r and congrats on the game.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

i would try the leds under the inserts and leave the gi incandescent. ive had a couple b/w games that way and they look very nice. looks like the gi are the only ones that fade in and out. i hve never seen one so im just guessing here. btw, thanks for the vids b_r and congrats on the game.

EVERY single light in the game is computer controlled and they all have the slow fading in and out effect. It's a very unique effect, and one that makes this machine absolutely gorgeous.

I understand that the LED evangelists are all about the latest craze and want to put them in every electronic device they come across, but this isn't your typical pin, and to put LEDs in it is nothing short of a damn shame.

Yes, I don't care for LEDs, but certainly won't harp on at length about it when someone strobey/rainbow-pukes their machine with them...but on this game, I just have to say "What in the f@%# are YOU DOING?!"

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

EVERY single light in the game is computer controlled and they all have the slow fading in and out effect. It's a very unique effect, and one that makes this machine absolutely gorgeous.

I understand that the LED evangelists are all about the latest craze and want to put them in every electronic device they come across, but this isn't your typical pin, and to put LEDs in it is nothing short of a damn shame.

Yes, I don't care for LEDs, but certainly won't harp on at length about it when someone strobey/rainbow-pukes their machine with them...but on this game, I just have to say "What in the f@%# are YOU DOING?!"

well i said i was guessing. looking again, if they all do that fading, then i definately wouldnt put leds in. i wouldnt want to lose that cool effect. take it easy dude.

#41 11 years ago

Only the first line of my reply was directed towards you, and I didn't think it was snarky or anything. The rest of the reply was just a general response to the group.

Rest assured...the easiness is being taken.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

So you Are an LED Hater !! That Changes Everything Now ,, I'm Mr Bling Bling baby !!

Ok ,, I Will Try Led's in Pinball Magic to prove a point . I just got off the phone w/ CoinTaker as I was leave-n the Auction . They have No kit for this Pin because No 1 or Even CoinTaker has tried Led's in it Yet .. They advised me to Use Premium's .. I'll start on the Lower GI's and a few color matched Inserts & Go from there .. ( Just 2 Prove a Point ) Led's Rock & if this Pin will keep the SAME effect , I'll Rainbow the H*ll of of it .. But to be Honest , I like it as Is.. Stay Tuned

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

So you Are an LED Hater !!

They're just not for me. I have no real gripes with them when tastefully used; I just seem to come across more over-the-top and ridiculous LED conversions than good ones.

I do like the way that white LEDs makes most translites look, and from all the videos I've seen, I'm liking what Stern did with LEDs in the AC/DC Premium -- especially in regards to the way the software changes the color of the lights depending on what mode you're in.

But just like you wouldn't want to gimp the design of AC/DC Premium by modding it with incandescents, I wouldn't think you'd want to gimp the design of Pinball Magic by modding it with LEDs.

But, of course, it's your machine to with as you wish. And in that, I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose to do with it.

#44 11 years ago

Have you ever noticed that women in general seem to like PM,TOM, and CV. Something about the overall look and aesthetics.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

But, of course, it's your machine to with as you wish. And in that, I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose to do with it.

At Least yr Honest ,, Opinion's Do count !!

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

. They have No kit for this Pin because No 1 or Even CoinTaker has tried Led's Yet .. They advised me to Use Premium's ..

I love LEDs but they don;t work in PM. Tried a premium no luck.

#47 11 years ago

yup, your SOL. can't be done. PM is a great game. I wish mine would have stuck around a little longer.

#48 11 years ago

Leds dont work for poo in PM and it is true B_R alot of the magic is lost in this game. Maybe some leds work in the gi but it has a very wild twinkle effect and teh light show in the wizard mode is insane. Maybe try colored incandescents?

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I let this down-load over nite ,,
» YouTube video

The commentary in this is HIGH-LARIOUS!

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from lost8ball:

Nice pick-up. Super looking game.
Seems like you nailed the captive ball a couple of times, but it didn't register. You may need to adjust that switch at the top or remove the foam behind it so it registers easier.
The "wizard" mode against Magna Matra is super cool. Sound, lights, and her (somewhat orgasmic) screams really rock. Have fun!

Correct ,, The contact for the captive ball wasn't register-n ( It is Now )

Quoted from Fatsquatch:

I'm Gonna say it ,,,, ( You ARE Correct )

Quoted from Fatsquatch:

The commentary in this is HIGH-LARIOUS!

You should hear me w/ the camera Off ! I'm Try-n to learn the shot's , Combo shot's etc w/ this Very UniQue Pin .. I'm Gett-n there. I went to List Pinball Magic in my Current Collection , Pinside has it valued @ $ 3600.00 .. I'm Feel-n Good .. I have a $ 3k offer for it Now , ( Not for a While )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-is-in-the-b_r-grg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.