IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1265 5 years ago

Anyone know what this is? The box looks about the right size to hold a complete plastics set. I need one and was going to just buy it, but I thought I'd check here. It's from a dutch company in 1995... Never heard of Elam Group, but they manufacture slots etc. like Bally. I'm suspicious because the guy's been trying to sell it since August.

ebay.com link: 1995 Pinball Magic Elam Group NIB New in Box Capcom

#1268 5 years ago

THANK YOU! Bullet dodged.

"I think it is parts for a pinball machine." Yeah right.

1 month later
#1314 5 years ago

Sometimes when shooting the skill shot at start of ball and nailing it first try, I only get the hat award. The flasher for the skill sometimes doesn’t flash when the ball is sitting in the shooter lane as well. Anyone else experience this?

#1330 5 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

The skillshot runs a timed countdown. Could that be something to do with it? The dmd counts down after the switch in the shooter lane is released.

Yeah, I’m aware of the counter. When I nail it first try, I often just get the hat award and no skill shot. This is usually at the beginning of 2nd or 3rd ball. Also, sometimes if I plunge too soft, the timer will start, but I still just get the hat award when I nail the skill shot in time.

1 week later
#1345 5 years ago

I beat it on stock settings after about six months. Still love it.

2 months later
#1485 5 years ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

I think the manual is incredible. Just takes a little time to get used to the thoroughness and details of the Capcom manual. It's all there, I solved a few issues I had with a connector being in the wrong spot because of the manual.

Aside from the pretty significant mistakes in it, it's great!

3 weeks later
#1572 4 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Does anyone know to silence the critics if it matters which hole you drop the ball in from the wand? The second one (farther travel out from the wand) does not end up working, but the switch is good in test mode.

Are you repeatedly testing the switch with a ball (not your finger)? A finicky switch will usually work with slow finger presses. Drop the ball through the second hole many times to see if you can get it to fail even once. If it fails, check wire positioning. If that's good, replace it. And yeah, the law has a great suggestion. Check the potential reversal first.

11 months later
#1851 4 years ago

Wanna kick some ass in an Pinball Magic tournament?

Hey guys, I'm trying to set up an online tournament for next Friday (April 17th), and I'm trying to recruit participants that have one of the games I have. I'm going to be posting this in each of the forums for the games I own, so I apologize in advance if you get this more than once.

The tournament would be on a single game and take place over zoom. It sounds like it could be a hell of a good time.

Please head over here for info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/online-tournament-over-zoom-#post-5587755

3 years later
#2283 11 months ago
Quoted from BMGfan:

It's alive!
Annnnnnnd it's already broken!
It's a simple fix, just a broken wire on the genie scoop solenoid and a wire about to break on the door to the chest, but I'll deal with those tomorrow after getting it hauled around the house and setup tonight.
At least we got a couple games in![quoted image]

Hey, that's a nice looking machine!

It's pretty common for wires to come loose after bombing machines up and down stairs. Let me know if you need any help resoldering.

#2285 10 months ago
Quoted from BMGfan:

Oh it's a nice machine alright!
I got it sorted in about 10mins last night. Took longer to drag the tools upstairs than to do the fix! I wasn't worried in the slightest and frankly expected a.minor fix or two after the move. I just thought it was funny.
Played about a dozen games last night and had a great time.
Couple of questions for those in the know as my google-fu is failing me on the rules:
1. When hitting the genie scoop it sometimes gives you a choice of door with the flippers and sometimes not. Anyone know what triggers the choice?
2. A couple of times I've triggered the floating ball show, even though it's not the trick that's "up next". Is this just from hitting the stage enough times?

I'm not positive on either, but I always choose the right stairwell as it lights lock after the second choice. This is equivalent to hitting all of the more dangerous drop targets.

There is a show you get if you nail the stage enough. The lights above the stage have something to do with that. I didn't collect that often as the stage isn't worth much. I focused on completing tricks and the three ball multiball. The captive ball is a fun, interesting and difficult strategy to add in as well.

Bowen has a great video on YouTube about scoring strategies.

1 month later
#2316 9 months ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Joined the club! Non-pinhead seller listed it for sale for $3,700 because it had an "electrical fault". I couldn't type out "interested" fast enough! was lucky to be the first of dozens of offers he got.
Only game I've ever bought without even opening the backglass of raising the pf. When I walked in, he turned the game on, and BONG! Right into attract mode! Playfield beautiful, good DMD, game is complete...That was enough for me...I didn't want the price to change!
Got it home and found it wouldn't start a game. Found slight corrosion on the switch connectors. No leaky batteries, but maybe there had been in the past. Cleaned it up a bit, and bam! Game works!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, great deal. It's pinball. It's based on magic. But it's not pinball magic! I think you meant to post this in the theatre of magic thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,100 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club?tu=tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.