IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverunicorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 9 years ago

I will be joining this club today! Paying for my new Pinball Magic today. Not sure when I will be picking it up, but the seller sent some great photos Can't wait!

Chris

PM1.jpgPM1.jpg PM2.jpgPM2.jpg PM3.jpgPM3.jpg PM4.jpgPM4.jpg PM5.jpgPM5.jpg PM6.jpgPM6.jpg PM7.jpgPM7.jpg PM8.jpgPM8.jpg PM9.jpgPM9.jpg PM10.jpgPM10.jpg PM11.jpgPM11.jpg
#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Congrats Chris you are going to love it! I don't own one but this was the most challenging restore I have done and in the process made a new friend who is also a pinsider. It is a fun one!

Cool!

Question for you if I may.......I removed the mylar on my Breakshot and Airborne with great success. Did you remove the mylar on the one you restored? Just wondering if PM had the same great factory finish that the others did.

Thanks!
Chris

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The only Mylar mine had was around the pop bumper, that came off easy with canned air

Thanks. I had great results on Airborne and Breakshot. Mine has mylar on the main field as well.

Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

The original mylar was still there and covered the main playfield. I did not remove it at the customers request but it did have a few small snags in the mylar but not enough to warrant removing it. This one was in great shape to start with so it cleaned up very nice. I only replaced the slingshot plastics as the left one had a chip and I could only buy new ones in a pair. I still have the old ones other than the chip in the left one they are in good shape.

Thanks for the reply! I will have to see how it looks in person.

Chris

#79 9 years ago

That would be great, thank you

Chris

#124 9 years ago

I have heard that the game is linear. If it is anything like Airborne, it will be. That is the most linear game I have ever played, but that doesn't stop me from loving it

Chris

1 week later
#136 8 years ago

Well, lookie here! Still need to get it into the basement.

PM1.jpgPM1.jpg PM2.jpgPM2.jpg PM3.jpgPM3.jpg PM4.jpgPM4.jpg
#137 8 years ago

Got her set up! Have to work out some bugs and then it will be slid into place

DSCF9209.JPGDSCF9209.JPG DSCF9210.JPGDSCF9210.JPG DSCF9212.JPGDSCF9212.JPG DSCF9213.JPGDSCF9213.JPG
#141 8 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Congrats on buying a PM and hope you really enjoy it.

Thanks. It is awesome so far even though it has a few issues

Yes, I am. I was lucky to find this.

Quoted from Doostur:

Chris.... did you snag this from Ivan?

Yes sir, I did.

#151 8 years ago

Is it just me, or does this machine have some of the BEST DMD animations?!!!

I can't stop watching the screen!

Chris

#160 8 years ago

Anyone have a spare manual? Mine didn't come with one

Chris

#164 8 years ago

Just discovered this game has the craziest attract mode music. Caught me off guard. Very "Python-esque". Does anyone know if Pythin did the "Gadzooks" voice?

Chris

#167 8 years ago

Please PM me when these are available if you can. I would buy both.

Chris

2 months later
#198 8 years ago

Question for owners. When the ball kicks out from the stage - do you get a lot of hits on the pop bumper? I seem lucky if I get one or two. Seems like it should be more active.

Thanks -
Chris

#200 8 years ago

Cool, thanks Warbound. Was it haed getting the stage out? I have to replace one of my stage doors and it seems a bit daunting

Chris

1 week later
#209 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

There is a slingshot directly below the pop bumper. Make sure that both switches work. On mine both switches had tabs broken off. These things can be ordered from RTBB pinball or PinballPartsAustralia.
Can someone do me a favor and take a picture of the post underneath the hat? I am putting my machine back together and I think it was wrong to begin with. It was a sleeve style post with nothing on it. The pictures I have found show it to have a rubber ring, but then my post would be wrong?
Also if anyone knows where you can get a new hat I'd greatly appreciate it.

Good to know. I will get that pic when I get home unless someone else posts it up before then.

Thank you!

Chris

2 weeks later
#218 8 years ago

Hmmmmm. I can look around on my playfields if you can't get the answer. I have both machines here. Looks like it would be a ramp cover of some sort. It doesn't look familiar, but I will look around and see what I can find tonight

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Some help please... Where does this plastic go? It's possible its off my Airborne also, just not sure.
image.jpg

This is off your Airborne.

AW00125-42 - Plastic, under tower - Hard to explain but it fits over the blue plastic to the left lane guide at the bottom of the control tower assembly.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/3783/Capcom_1996_Airborne_Operators_Manual_no_schematics.pdf

Page 89 in the manual.

Chris

1 week later
#227 8 years ago

OK, so not that most everything else is working in the game room, I am going to tackle a MAJOR shop out of my Pinball Magic.

Just wondering of anyone had any advice, tips, tricks, etc. I will take lots of pictures, but am sure I will forget something important (it always seems to happen like that).

Another question - I have successfully removed mylar from Breakshot and Airborne and they looked amazing. I was wondering if anyone had pulled mylar from their Pinball Magic with good results.

Thanks in advance!
Chris

1 week later
#235 8 years ago

Because.....PINBALL MAGIC!

Chris

1 week later
#241 8 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Is this what you put in yours? http://xpinpinball.com/shop/product/xp-dmd4096lv-b
Were you able to swap it out easily, or did it require any special items to work for Capcom?

This. Also, do you have pics? My shop out starts this week

Thanks!
Chris

#246 8 years ago

Well, since it looks like I will bring mine to Allentown, so the shop out begins!!

DSCF9536.jpgDSCF9536.jpg

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Is there any way to turn off the buy in,I see nothing in 1.03 and should I upgrade the code,also who can make me the code chips

I have 1.03 as well, and I can't find a way to turn it off. I wish I could though. Let me know if you find a solution.

Chris

1 week later
#252 8 years ago

The size if the backbox is 27 7/8" inches wide according to the manual.

Chris

#255 8 years ago

It is a linear machine for sure, but I really love it. Congrats on getting yours home!

It still baffles me that you can't turn off the buy in

Chris

1 week later
#269 8 years ago

Anyone know where to get metal posts for Pinball Magic?

My Pinball Magic - one of the posts at the entrance to the ramp was sheared off.

SM00145-04 is the part #. These seem to be out of stock everywhere

Anyone have a few hanging out that could sell me?

Post, Bumper, 1.125, M-F, 8-32 (7/7 x 1/2)

Thanks in advance.
Chris

1 week later
#271 8 years ago

Can a Pinball Magic owner help me out?

I think I got my photos mixed up. I am needing to know what wires go to the stage door coil.
Can anyone confirm this is correct?

Thanks in advance
Chris

DSCF9628.jpgDSCF9628.jpg

#272 8 years ago

Got the info I needed, thanks all!

Chris

3 weeks later
#279 8 years ago

This is on the way! So excited!!! Woohoo!! So excited I put it in 3 Pinball Magic threads! LOL

Chris

ccpf3.jpgccpf3.jpg

ccpf1.jpgccpf1.jpg

ccpf2.jpgccpf2.jpg

ccpf4.jpgccpf4.jpg

ccpf6.jpgccpf6.jpg

1 week later
#284 8 years ago

Question for other PM owners. -

On the "floating ball" assembly, I have a 906 flasher. When is this supposed to flash?

Mine doesn't seem to work during the game, but does work in test.

Thanks!
Chris

DSCF9585.jpgDSCF9585.jpg

DSCF9710.jpgDSCF9710.jpg

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

It should be on when the Ball is doing its Levitating thing.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you will see a faint blue flicker while the ball rises to the top. It goes fast and not bright like a flasher normally is. Just provides an ambient light. And LED flasher does not work here.

Oh, ok then, maybe it is working, I will have to take the plastic off and look at what it does. I guess I just expected it to be brighter.

Thanls all! Appreciate the info

Chris

#294 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yup, mine will do nothing. Its because of how the game is programmed to do the fade in and out. LED's are like digital and bulbs are analogue. Doesn't work to dim and bright on digital.

And the fades on Pinball Magic are SUPER Impressive in my opinion.

Love them!

Chris

1 month later
#310 8 years ago

If you need someone to make the cut, I will take one also Axl.

Chris

#313 8 years ago

I sent you a PM Axl - I can help. I have a NOS ramp that can be used as a model.

Chris

2 weeks later
#341 8 years ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

Happy to say that I am now part of the club

image_(resized).jpg

Very nice! Love those instruction cards. Did they come with the machine?

Chris

#342 8 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

The other question is when hitting the center loop(?), coming around the right orbit often just dumps the ball right down the middle.
Both of these are frustrating when just trying to enjoy a game of PM.
Thoughts or suggestions, please fire away!

Mine does this too. I was thinking of adding some sort of bumper to force the ball to the left when it comes around. Was just commenting last night about this very thing.

1 month later
#364 8 years ago

If anyone is attending the Allentown show this year, I will be bringing my Pinball Magic for the free play area for people to enjoy. I hope it holds up

Chris

2 weeks later
#387 8 years ago

I can check mine tonight if you don't get a reply by then.

Chris

1 month later
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

thanks for the link and the response , I bet those will work fine . nice call ..
dry lube is likely better , no lube is best , fast lube can be better... all depends on the sitchno
olive oil and a q tip is how i fixed mine ... i brought it to a vacation rental and it acted up... but thats all i had... 4 months on route and it seems fine

if you want used drop target springs, I can see if I still have mine

Chris

4 weeks later
#411 7 years ago

Great info bstyles!

I got some protectors from Pinbits when I did mine - the slings and the hat eject kicker were available, but I did have to email them as they were not on the site. I might be down for a full set though to protect everything I got for mine.

Thanks again for the information!

Chris

1 week later
#413 7 years ago

How many do you need Axl?

I may have some left from my shop out.

Chris

1 month later
#421 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Anyone know if replacement curtain pieces are available for the stage? I've poked around the net but didn't find any.

Keep checking Ebay - That is where I got mine. Pinball SPare Parts Australia used to have them, but I no longer see them on the site.

Chris

#443 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Any thoughts on market price for Pinball Magic? Let's say great "player's" condition. It seems this is often compared to ToM and suggestions are that it should go for around 2K less. Is that still a good barometer? I haven't seen many of these trade hands, but most recent listing I found was asking 4K.

I am interested as well. Not selling, but more for curiousity's sake.

Decent example, some playfield insert loss from mylar removal, but I have a NOS clear coated PF not installed in the game, and many spare parts (target bank, metal ramps, plastics, etc.

Was trying to assess values of my games for insurance purposes.

Chris

1 month later
#500 7 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

Is there any way to trun off ball saver ?
If I dont shot the fist ball out of the lane the game starts to look for it then after a time kicks the next ball out in to the lane. In the end all 3 ball in the shotting lane. And the game still looking for the balls

This sounds like the lane switch is not registering to me.

Chris

2 months later
#509 7 years ago

Not sure if anyone can use these. Used sling plastics and skill shot plastic. Shill shot plastic is pretty rough, slings are OK for used, but one has a pinhole in the art.

Free shipping in the US. All I ask is that you not get these and resell them. Let me know if interested.

Pinballmagic1 (resized).jpgPinballmagic1 (resized).jpg

Pinballmagic2 (resized).jpgPinballmagic2 (resized).jpg

Pinballmagic3 (resized).jpgPinballmagic3 (resized).jpg

Pinballmagic4 (resized).jpgPinballmagic4 (resized).jpg

Chris

#513 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Not sure if anyone can use these. Used sling plastics and skill shot plastic. Shill shot plastic is pretty rough, slings are OK for used, but one has a pinhole in the art.
Free shipping in the US. All I ask is that you not get these and resell them. Let me know if interested.

Chris

These are going to a Pinsider who needs them. Thank you.

1 month later
#533 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Does anyone have shop out pics? I wish I had kept my last set. My pm is an early one with stainless rails and legs (sadly have to replace legs as they are all bent, bet someone moved it with them on). Would love to figure out the differences.

Not sure if these will help you out, but the pics I took when I shopped mine out are up at https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/72157658814649479

My shop out thread is also here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-shop-out-started

Chris

#536 7 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

We're just starting to shop our PM...nice copy with very little wear, play counter says about 2500...
The one weird thing is the floating ball is missing. It looks like it broke off of the support wire.
I've seen a couple other people mention this, but have never found where to buy one. I thought
about trying to spot weld a real pinball to the wire, or drilling a hole and gluing it.
Anyone have one for sale, or have an idea how to make one?

I got mine from Marco, but I don't see it on their site now.

I can see if I still have my old one. It would be better than nothing if you can't find a replacement. I will check when I get home tonight.

Chris

#538 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

That is helpful thanks. For example below the stage there are 3 circles outlined in the artwork. On yours they are just outlines, on mine they have been cut out and plastic covers were inserted into them. I am guessing they were originally intended to have switches on all 4 sides of the stage pop bumper. I will check to see if the wiring is there, but I am doubtful.
I will need to check my pics when I get home, but it also appears that there is a stack of 3 plastics underneath the wireform that might be different. Not artwork wise, but simply how they were thinking of mounting it. Also, all my switches have resistors (not diodes) mounted on them.

Interesting.

It may have been a design change at some point. That would be crazy if all 4 sides were kickers.

Would be interested to see the plastics stack too. I love the little differences that happened between runs.

Chris

#540 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Not kickers, switches. The kicker hole is elongated. The outline for the holes matches those of the kicker switches. A switch on each side for scoring bounces makes sense.

Oh, gotcha! That would make sense then.

Chris

#541 7 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Fresh set of box office doors FS in the market....

I bought these. Thanks for the heads up.

#542 7 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

We're just starting to shop our PM...nice copy with very little wear, play counter says about 2500...
The one weird thing is the floating ball is missing. It looks like it broke off of the support wire.
I've seen a couple other people mention this, but have never found where to buy one. I thought
about trying to spot weld a real pinball to the wire, or drilling a hole and gluing it.
Anyone have one for sale, or have an idea how to make one?

DCP - I found my old one. It's not perfect but better than nothing. Let me know if you would like it.

floating ball (resized).JPGfloating ball (resized).JPG

Chris

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

Thanks, Chris...I'll PM you for details.
DCP

PM received and replied to (multiple times, LOL).

I will get this out to you in a day or two.

Chris

#554 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Cannot say I could tell the difference. I have owned two now, but without seeing them side by side how would you really know? Lighting and potential fade can skew things.

With no flash. Mine seems pretty dark. Is this how yours is?

PM side (resized).jpgPM side (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#566 7 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I just checked mine and I don't have a penny either. It looks like you have a one-of-a-kind game.
Dave

Alas mine does not have a coin there either.

Chris

4 weeks later
#570 7 years ago
Quoted from ABT12:

Does anyone know what events on the playfield generate the DMD animation of the kid playing the pinball machine? I have had my prototype Pinball Magic machine for going on five years and saw this for the first time, just yesterday. Thanks all.

One time I cycled through the animations it gives you when you hit the scoop shot (mini mayhem shot, but when it's not lit) if that makes sense. Like the 6th or 7th one was the kid playing pinball.

Chris

2 weeks later
#576 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I'm in ... Great hidden gem of a game!

oooh! I like your instruction cards!

Chris

#578 7 years ago

Do you need the assembly or the all itself?

Assembly -
https://flic.kr/p/zwweF5
https://flic.kr/p/zkMvjn

Ball-
https://flic.kr/p/zp3DnH

Chris

#580 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Will check if you don't require the whole assembly perhaps we can work something out !
Pm me with details

Sorry if I misled you. The photos were of my machine. I do not have these available for sale (if that is what you needed). The ball is available from some vendors (Ebay, Marco [I think], etc).

Chris

2 weeks later
#586 7 years ago

If you're going to Pinfest in Allentown in May, you can get your Pinball Magic fix! I will have mine in the Free Play area. Hopefully it will hold up. It is not for sale, but sonce everyone always asks me anyway, it will have a ridiculous price on it

Hope to see you at the show!

Chris

#588 7 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

Thanks mate.
Over sea shipping is up there.
Is that the only place whos got it.?
Still looking for trunk and lower right ball guide.
Has any one done a run on the stage doors?

Check with member "Pinball Magic" for the stage door. I got mine from him and I knkow ithers did as well.

Chris

#590 7 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I plan to have one at the Allentown show. Price is $4200. Very nice, working condition. Located now in Phoenixville if anyone wants to see it before.

Do you have any pictures of your machine? I already have one, but I know someone looking for one.

Thanks!
Chris

#593 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

How do you pull the playfield straight out? Need to remove the backboard to get the ball guide out from under!
Have seen it pictures however require assistance!

Okay I will try to explain how I do it.

1) Put playfield in "Up Position (as in for servicing the underside of the playfield).

2) Pivot the entire playfield forward. In other words, you have to kind of lift from the bottom. this way the entire thing will pivot forward, and not just run the normal track

3) Rest the metal legs on the lockbar.

4) Support the front of the playfield so it does not warp or flex.

I can make a video if this doesn't make sense.

Pinball Magic PF2 (resized).jpgPinball Magic PF2 (resized).jpg

Pinball Magic PF1 (resized).jpgPinball Magic PF1 (resized).jpg

Pinball Magic PF3 (resized).jpgPinball Magic PF3 (resized).jpg

Chris

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You probably should just to so a kindness to the world. Wish I would have known aboot this the 2 PM tear downs I did!

Be aware I HATE the way I look and soind in photos and videos, but here you go

Chris

#598 7 years ago

No problem at all!

Chris

1 week later
#607 6 years ago

Your targets look thin to me. Are they thick at the top? When down, they should make like a bridge to the rubbers.

For comparison:

pinball magic targets2 (resized).jpgpinball magic targets2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#610 6 years ago

I just walked down to get that pic for you, but forgot my Pinball Magic is packed up for the show.

Packed up for showPacked up for show

Once I get it there I can take the pic if you still need it.

Chris

#612 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Haha! thank you for helping out. I will have a look at it some more tonight.
One more thing, the cable to the flasher on the bumper, where does it go?

The cable comes to the front of the plastic, then throuugh a hole in the playfield.

If you can zoom in on this photo, you can see the wire tie on the plastic on the bottom right of the plastic.

Flasher (resized).jpgFlasher (resized).jpg

#613 6 years ago

Well, looks like my Pinball Magic was once again done in by the pinball show. Seems to have an opto issue now.

When you lock a ball in the trunk, it kicks 2 out into the shooter lane. Sigh. Oh well, hopefully some people enjoyed it before it went crazy.

Chris

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Just bought one at Allentown. Will be putting it in my bar for a short time for people to enjoy. I feel like this is a rarely seen game for public use. I think people will dig it.

That was right by mine! Looked like a nice example from what I could see. I saw it had sold when I was there today. Congrats! I had several people call me about mine.

Got the opto issue fixed (I think) so it's back up and running at the show! People seemed really sad when it was down for the 30 minutes, LOL.

I would be interested to see what topper they came up with Transprt4u. I am not a huge fan of toppers but if done right I could be interested.

Chris

#623 6 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Mine has been doing something similar where it is detecting a ball in the trunk when there isn't one. Eventually an unwanted ball is kicked into the shooter lane. Post #618 above sounds like a similar issue. When I run the opto test one of the trunk optos is flickering on on of. How did you fix yours?

Honestly I don't know. I had replacement boards for the trough optos. I replaced them and things went from bad to worse. It was doing all sotys of things wrong.

I switched back to the original opto boards I had in there and things seemed to settle themselves out and it worked for the rest of the show.

I will have th see when I set it up again in the basement, but I may have a bigger issue. The handtruck slipped when moving it out of the truck to the garage and it hit pretty hard on the ground. We'll see in a few days if anything happened. It sounded verry not good

Chris

#635 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did you install the same part number trough opto boards for PM? I am pretty sure they are not swappable between some of the other Capcom games.

What I had were Great Plains Electronics replacement opto boards. Honestly, I don' tknow if they were good wen I installed them. I had them lying around.

Chris

#638 6 years ago

I never known Great Plains Electronics ever to sell trough opto boards.
Sure you don't mean Great Plains Modular? http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/cpcmtb.html
If this is the set, are the red pr green indicator LEDs lit on the transmitter opto board? Had them long? Maybe they would warranty them if they were sent back. Seems you should be able to try the boards separately to narrow down which one was causing the game to go crazy.

Yes. GLM, sorry for the confusion. I don't remember when I got them, but I would think it was at least 2 years ago. These might have been old used ones too, I have no idea.

I think I will order some more and go from there

Chris

#644 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Shop job almost done can anybody tell me if the "floating ball" is an actual pinball or is made of plastic , or an other material!
Regards

It's plastic. It is quite light compared to a real pinball.

Chris

#648 6 years ago

It is possible I could be very wrong, but it certainly did not seem as heavy as a regular pinball.

Chris

4 weeks later
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

I found these rare pictures of a Capcom factory tour while Pinball Magic was on the line. So great to see the origin of our games. Check it out at this link:
http://www.tilt.it/xfiles7.htm

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

Chris

3 weeks later
#753 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Who bought one of those Marcos pinball magic main ramp assemblies???
.....And decided you dont want to install it, thought it would be a nice spare?
Well, still sitting in box ill gladly take it off your hands.
I actually need one aftet starting my shop job.
Please pm me with good news.
Paypal you today!!
Thanks Eric

Which ramp assembly do you mean? Do you have a part #?

Chris

#758 6 years ago

Ah, ok. Unfortunately I don't have that one - Mine was all broken at the exit of that ramp. Couldn't find a ne one anywhere so I fabricated a fix. Hope you can get something worked out. Have you checked with Cliffy to see if he makes a protector? I got one from him for our Airborne which was not something he had on his website.

Chris

2 weeks later
#782 6 years ago

Anyone have an extra multiplier value plastic above stage doors?
Not the green piece with lights, but the one that mounts to the green piece. 1/2 inch by 4 inches.
Thanks mine is cracked.
PM me with any good news.
Also looking for midfield left plastic under trunk. Apparently its the unobtanium plastic.
All venders sold out.

I checked my "Extras" stash and unfortunately don't have either of those

Chris

1 week later
#799 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I am about to install new slingshot mecs, and i think the old wiring is wrong.
Could someone please send me a picture of boths slinghot mechs wiring?
TIA!

Hope these help. On both sides the bworn / banded wire is going to the right lug, and the purple is to the left lug. The right sling has 2 purple wires to the left lug, but the left sling has only one. Go figure.

DSCF1037 (resized).JPGDSCF1037 (resized).JPG
DSCF1038 (resized).JPGDSCF1038 (resized).JPG
DSCF1040 (resized).JPGDSCF1040 (resized).JPG
DSCF1041 (resized).JPGDSCF1041 (resized).JPG
DSCF1039 (resized).JPGDSCF1039 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#827 6 years ago

I'll snap a pic, but will probably be tomorrow morning before I can do so. Hang in therre and I'll get one for ya!

Chris

#828 6 years ago

ccbiggsoo7 - Mine is exactly the same way. I think you're fine. I don't even see a call out in the manual for anythign that would go there.

DSCF1108 (resized).JPGDSCF1108 (resized).JPG

DSCF1107 (resized).JPGDSCF1107 (resized).JPG

Chris

1 month later
#853 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

M

I have seen the metal plate with long 6/32 machine screws that hold the body of the pop bumper to the playfield on BBB remake.

Perhaps a different style pop pumper was intended and switched in production?

Chris

1 week later
#868 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

the most important one for me in the newest code is that buy in is an option.

I would actually love to be able to turn that off.

Chris

#869 6 years ago

double post

1 week later
#884 6 years ago

I didn't see them on Cliffy's site. Did you have to email him directly?

Chris

#899 6 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

I wanted to know what most of you do with the myler, not sure if I spelled that right. On my unit it looks a little worn out. Do you leave it on or take it off? Thanks.

I pulled mine. It did not go well. I lost some artwork, most oticably on the "M" in MAGIC at the drop targets.

Its back on this thread somewhere, a year ago maybe. Ill try and find it.
DONT PULL MYLAR...unless your an absolute expert and done it several times. Same holds true with system 11 games. Just dont, best said above, if it aint broke. Plenty of polish techniques, no need.

It worked amazing on my Breakshot, and fairly well on my Airborne. Of the 3 Capcom games I pulled mylar from, Pinball Magic came out the leat stellar.

DSCF1133 (resized).JPGDSCF1133 (resized).JPG

DSCF1132 (resized).JPGDSCF1132 (resized).JPG

DSCF1134 (resized).JPGDSCF1134 (resized).JPG

DSCF1135 (resized).JPGDSCF1135 (resized).JPG

DSCF1136 (resized).JPGDSCF1136 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#923 6 years ago

Whatever you do don't list it for $7800 with a NOS playfield and extra parts. LOL

Seriously though, $4500 should get you lots of interest I would think.

Chris

1 week later
#939 6 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

Got this in the mail today. Can't wait to install. Thanks Cliffy's.

Hmmmm, these are not on is site yet that I can find.....time to email!

Chris

2 weeks later
#944 6 years ago

One fun thing for me is knowig the history of the games I own. The history of the manufacture, the people that worked on the machine.

Got this today. Cool piece to go with the machine. It's the US Patent booklet for the stage doors and floating ball assembly.

DSCF1204 (resized).JPGDSCF1204 (resized).JPG

DSCF1108 (resized).JPGDSCF1108 (resized).JPG

DSCF1208 (resized).JPGDSCF1208 (resized).JPG

DSCF1207 (resized).JPGDSCF1207 (resized).JPG

DSCF1206 (resized).JPGDSCF1206 (resized).JPG

DSCF1205 (resized).JPGDSCF1205 (resized).JPG

DSCF1209 (resized).JPGDSCF1209 (resized).JPG

Chris

#948 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

How did you get hold of that? Such a cool thing to have!

It was on Ebay with a few other original art pieces (pencil playfield sketches, etc) from some Bally Games. I want to say (but can not verify) that this might have been from Python ANghelo's estate, but again not 100% sure. I know the seller I got it from did sell other stuff fom that, and is working on the Pinball ircus remake.

Chris

1 week later
#960 6 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

Hey gents, can I hang out in the clubhouse now?

You could have anyway Nice pickup. Enjoy it!

Chris

#967 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

yeah Australia is our goto for hard to find parts, but make sure you have a full order in because of how far it is. Just know a lot of things don;t need to be Capcom specific like optos etc

I've also heard of people retrofittign Williams flipper assemblies into Capcom machines. I am actually considering that for my PM.

Chris

#971 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Happy New Year Chris:
Here is the link :
http://www.pinrepair.com/capcom

That's it! Thank you sir! And Happy new Year to you as well!

Chris

#980 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

I replied to SilverUnicorn and other users that mailed me here too:
Original reply in my thread (page 3):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos/page/3#post-4147561
About "Pinball Magic Centre Apron", many people asked me about print reproduction, because I did copies for Pinside forum users. In fact, I knew this forum because theses users invited me to post here.
"Pinball Magic Centre Apron" file. Reproduced by Mikonos.

Why I´m not doing new copies? Easy, it is expensive and people don´t want to pay cost reproduction. Let´s see all needed for do this reproduction:
1.- Printed vinyl with gloss protective lamination.
2.- A precut for this vinyl.
3.- Chrome die cut vinyl.
4.- Manufacturing: sticking chrome vinyl over precut printed vinyl.
*For reproduce this piece you need 3 machines and a manufacturing. This have a reasonable cost.
If you look for almost 5 users from USA interested in a reproductions, I will do new copies, but for now, I´m not asking mail about this issue.
IMPORTANT: I´m not a shop and I´m not working in a print shop. I´m only a fan user with skill and interested in printing arts.
"Pinball Magic Centre Apron" (CAPCOM) printed vinyl with gloss protective lamination and original chrome details (photo 1).

"Pinball Magic Centre Apron" (CAPCOM) printed vinyl with gloss protective lamination and original chrome details (photo 1).

As indicated in the other thread, I'd be doen for some of these. Anyone else?

Chris

#991 6 years ago

I am in the USA. I can re-send to the others in the US if need be to save on shipping for you.

Just let me know

Thanks!
Chris

1 month later
#1047 6 years ago

I got mine as well and they are great! Eric's balls are smooth and shiny. Wait.......

Chris

1 week later
#1052 6 years ago
Quoted from JReedie:

Im excited to be joining the Pinball Magic club today. Mine just got delivered today and i cant wait to get it set up! ericpinballfan would you be willing to ship a ball to the UK? The ball in my game is a total mess

If he doesn't want to, let me know, I bought an extra.

:Edit: - I had missed his reply. Eric is good people! What else you have in your trunk Eric?

Chris

1 month later
#1083 6 years ago

Anyone looking for a NOS clear coated playfield? I have one that I am thinking of selling. Still on the fence but will honestly probably never get to swapping mine out.

Chris

#1084 6 years ago

Pics of the playfield. I have $1400 in it and that's what I was looking to get for it.

Chris

DSCF1414 (resized).JPGDSCF1414 (resized).JPG

DSCF1415 (resized).JPGDSCF1415 (resized).JPG

DSCF1416 (resized).JPGDSCF1416 (resized).JPG

DSCF1417 (resized).JPGDSCF1417 (resized).JPG

DSCF1418 (resized).JPGDSCF1418 (resized).JPG

DSCF1419 (resized).JPGDSCF1419 (resized).JPG

DSCF1420 (resized).JPGDSCF1420 (resized).JPG

DSCF1422 (resized).JPGDSCF1422 (resized).JPG

DSCF1423 (resized).JPGDSCF1423 (resized).JPG

DSCF1424 (resized).JPGDSCF1424 (resized).JPG

DSCF1425 (resized).JPGDSCF1425 (resized).JPG

DSCF1426 (resized).JPGDSCF1426 (resized).JPG

DSCF1427 (resized).JPGDSCF1427 (resized).JPG

DSCF1428 (resized).JPGDSCF1428 (resized).JPG

DSCF1429 (resized).JPGDSCF1429 (resized).JPG

DSCF1430 (resized).JPGDSCF1430 (resized).JPG

DSCF1431 (resized).JPGDSCF1431 (resized).JPG

DSCF1432 (resized).JPGDSCF1432 (resized).JPG

DSCF1433 (resized).JPGDSCF1433 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1101 5 years ago
Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

Thank GOD I picked one up, mint and working for $800 last year. I'd say great you got $4000 for yours.

Pretty much ANY DMD pin for $800 is a seal nowadays. These sell fast at $3000, and I usually see them around $4K+. Just dont try to sell one with lots of extras for well north of that

Chris

#1108 5 years ago

Welp, I thought I had my opto issue fixed, but I guess not so much

So I was playing my PM tonight. I got one ball locked in teh trunk, and the machine delivered a new ball as expected (horray! My issues are fixed!!....welll......). Served up the second ball and went through the motions and also locked that ball in the trunk.

Great! Machine kicked another from the trough. I shot that ball, and the trogh kicker kept firing

Fired about 10-12 times then I got a message on the DMD "TROUGH MALFUNCTION".

Sadness.

I can only guess that I have an opto issue in the ball trouch, but everything SEEMS ok when I go through the testa (with actual ball movement, not jus breaking the planes).

Any ideas? Glad this wasn't headed to the show this weekend.

Thanks
Chris

#1115 5 years ago

Thanks. I will check all the transmitters also.

Chris

1 week later
#1137 5 years ago

Wait, we can use ColorDMD in Capcom machines? Do they have rom support or is just a sigma screen?

There is nothing on their website about Capcom Roms.

Chris

#1139 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sigma... I use blue or yellow... And the LCD screen in smooth!
(Chris this should add 3k to the price of your game) lol... Just kidding
Have been emailing Colordmd they are going to have to colour a Capcom eventually!

ok, thanks. I emailed them yesterday as well. Maybe if more people email, they can do it

So in yours, do you have the Color LCD, or is that LED? It looks like a Color LED, but I wanted to make sure. And what did you order? I didn't see anywhere to order a non-game specific panel. Lastly, did you need to order any extra cables and how was the install? After adding a colorDMD (LCD) to our TOTAN, I ant one for every DMD game we have. Especially if it adds $3K! LOL

Chris

#1142 5 years ago

Interesting. I was wondering how the ColorDMD would fit in there with the whole metal shield thing on there. Does it repalce all the boards? Trying to wrap my head around how this mounts and what it replaces exactly.

In the meantime, I replaced my regular DMD with a new one. You can see why in this picture:

Pinball Magic DisplayPinball Magic Display

And in doing so the machine rewarded me with the best scre I ever got on it:

high score 3 (resized).jpghigh score 3 (resized).jpg

Probably not really that great a score, but for me it was! LOL

Chrirs

#1146 5 years ago

Thank you for the pics. Does it have the "dots" option in the menu? I am not crazy about their blending setting, just personal preference.

Looks like there's some modification to do to get these into a Capcom machine.

Appreciate the follow up and pics.

Chris

#1151 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I like the Scan... However multiple options for users tastes, including dots....
You do have to cut some of the top off ... For the LCD to poke through, the Colordmd LED display doesn't require it!
Later Chris ...

Ok, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. I have good orange DMD's now, but if they go out or they have ROM support, this will be on the list for sure!

Chris

3 weeks later
#1169 5 years ago

Still have a NOS clear coated playfoeld available is anyone is looking for one. I have $1400 into it. Will sell for that / BPB.

Chris

#1182 5 years ago

I'd get one for Breakshot, Airborne, and Pinball Magic if the files were available.

Chris

4 months later
#1233 5 years ago

So my Pinball Magic has developed an issue. It plays fine until you get 2 balls locked in the trunk. It kicks the 3rd ball into the shooter lane, but then the trough tries to kick out another ball. It will do this for about 2 minutes and then "TROUGH ERROR" appears on the DMD and the game stops.

I get that this is a safety measure to keep the coil from burning up (I think) but it is super annoying. All the optos test good in the test screen (both manually and using a ball). I have previously replaced all the transmitters and receivers on the opto boards as well. When viewed through a digital camera, the transmit side all appear to be working.

Any ideas? I can get a video if it would be helpful.

Thanks!
Chris

1 month later
#1262 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Hoping for in order :
Pinball Magic
Airborne
Breakshot

Pinball Magic and Airborne would looks AMAZING in color. Breakshot too, but I think the orange DMD adds to the "retro" feel of the game. Most non-pinball people that come over think that Pinball Magic is the newest game I own, and that Breakshot is the oldest. (for the record, Black Knight is the oldest, and T3 is the newest).

Chris

3 weeks later
#1279 5 years ago

Still can't track down my Trough Failure issue. All Optos show working correctly, All wiring has been checked. May just sell the darn thing

#1283 5 years ago

Have you changed all the transmitter optos in the trunk and the trough yet?

Yes, I have. I will double check the trunk optos though.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Chris

#1286 5 years ago

And please tell me that you had upgraded from v1.0.3 to v1.0.12 by now.

I am at 1.0.3 - is that bad?

Chris

#1288 5 years ago

At the very least, you can have elevator issues with that code. With all the improvements to game play and the light shows, there is no reason not to be at v1.012. I really can't say if it will improve the issue you have now, which is why though trunk transmitter optos need to be replaced as well.

Is it just a matter of switching ROMs? If so, where does one acquire known good working ROMS for this upgrade?

Chris

#1292 5 years ago

Ordered from Ray, thank you!

Chris

1 week later
#1293 5 years ago

So, I did a thing........

1.0.3 (resized).jpg1.0.3 (resized).jpg

To:

1.0.12 (resized).jpg1.0.12 (resized).jpg

#1299 5 years ago

Another 2 months before he plays it to let us know.

You're not wrong I got the chops in and then had a fire call so I had to leave. Had other things to do so didn't get any time on it today. Tomorrow not looking great wither, but sometime in the next few days I will play some games and see if anythign changed.

Honestly, the attract mode light show alone was worth the cost of the ROM's

Chris

#1300 5 years ago

double post

#1301 5 years ago

Well, the issues persist

In fact they seem worse than before. After getting 2 locked balls in the trunk the shooter lane kicker kept firing as before. I played multiball, and it kept feeding balls to the shooter lane. This went on for about 3 minutes then it stopped. Once all balls drained the machine just sat there as if there was a ball in the shooter lane waiting to play. No ball search, nothing.

Maybe it's time to call a professional.

#1303 5 years ago

Time to change the transmitter optos in the trunk trunk.
Do you have the original trough opto boards?

The trough opto boards are Great Lakes Modular replacements. They don't seem to make them anymore. Is there another source?

I did do the trunk optos, but will check them again

Chris

#1305 5 years ago

I am asking about the original trough boards. Do you have them?

Please describe what it is you replaced? Transmitters and receivers or transmitters only?

I will have to check and see if I still have the originals.

I replaced both transmitters and receivers in the Trunk.

Chris

#1308 5 years ago

You tested all the switches and optos in the switch edge test to be sure everything is registering?

I did, a while ago. Will do again.

Chris

#1310 5 years ago

OK so I actually had some time today to look into this "correctly".

I may have been getting my Capcom machines mixed up. That said, I got the following on the Pinball Magic this morning:

Trunk optos - All register correctly, using an actual pinball.
Outhole switch - registers correctly using an actual pinball.
Shooter lane switch - registers correctly using an actual pinball.
Ball trough - Left and center register, right does NOT.

These are original Capcom opto boards which have had the receivers and transmitters replaced.
Troubleshooting - I had another capcom board (with only 3 optos on it) from before. It was not marked, so I don't know it's actual condition, but it yielded the same result.

I then replaced the transmitter and receiver opto from the "trought right" position on my existing boards. Same result.

So at this point I am guessing either one (or both) if the boards are bad (I did reflow the connector solder points), OR, I have a wiring issue.

Does that sound like the right track?

I haven't done it yet, but I can take the trough optos from my Breakshot and try them in my Pinball Magic. That would likely yield a more direct path since Breakshot is working.

Chris

#1320 5 years ago

Uh no. I would not take anything from a working game.
I agree with bobukcat. If you look at the non working one with your cell phone camera is the transmitter working? If it does, we need to look at the receiver opto, shorting across the 2 pins of it, should register a switch closure. If it does, the receiver opto is the problem, but if it does not, the CPU must not be registering it, possibly a bad connection at the CPU board.
Just start with testing the Transmitter opto for it lighting, and short the receiver opto to see if it registers in the switch test.

OK, I should have some time to try this tonight.

Thanks
Chris

#1321 5 years ago

So I did get time to do this tonight, and you were right! The Right Opto was out (transmitter side). The digital camera worked like a champ to identify the culprit.

I thank you all for your persistence in guiding me and making me check everything again. I can't thank you enough! Now to tackle the limp outhole kicker (should be an easy fix) and find out why the stage kicker isn't firing.

Thank you all again!

Chris

#1323 5 years ago

same thing. There is a transmitter and receiver opto at the stage kick out to the pop bumper. So use your camera again to test the transmitter opto.

Sorry, I misspoke. The kicker kicks the ball into the pop bumper area, and the pop bumper works. The slingshot kicker thing at the bottom side of the pop bumper doesn't kick. I think that's just a switch issue, but will get into it in a bit. Once everything is tuned up should a much more fun game

Chris

#1325 5 years ago

Probably at this point, you should consider changing the remainder of the transmitter optos in the game on any upkickers and kickouts. Not many left, but I would expect them to fail in the near future, one by one. Might as well get them out of the way at once.

Ugh, yeah, that's probably not a bad idea. Some of these are so dang hard to get to

Chris

1 month later
#1380 5 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

Replacing some builds last night, when I was doing the light test the red light at back never came!
Never notice if it was working befor? Cant find it in the light test manual.
Is this a non working light or theres something I need to fix.?[quoted image]

I believe it is a flasher, so should test with the coil test.

Chris

#1402 5 years ago

How has your game been doing for you? Did you get it all dialed in?

Everything is working great except the kicker in the stage area. It's a switch adjustment i'm 99% sure, but just haven't gotten it yet.

Chris

3 weeks later
#1463 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

How's everybody enjoying the Colordmd release?

I hope to order mine soon!

Chris

#1490 5 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Does anyone have any photos of the assembled (and even better yet, disassembled) stage pop bumper/critics area? Mine was disassembled and my photos lost. There are so many nuts and spacers that I had to take my best guess when I reassembled. Now, I get balls trapped behind the rubber at the kicker in the stage area. I think it is more a height issue than anything else.
I tried adding a second rubber, but that really dulls the sensitivity of the switches and now I get very few kicks. Adjusted the switch gaps to make them as tight as possible, and that still didn't help.
So, right now, I am stuck at (A) remove the second rubber around the kicker and have trapped balls every 2-3 games or, (B) leave it and lose a lot of the action around the stage.
Any photos with how that area should be properly built (in terms of hardware and spacers) would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Not sure if my shop out photos will help you or not. They are somewhat in chronological order:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/72157658814649479

Chris

#1508 5 years ago

Does anyone have under playfield photos of the switches in the pop bumper area? Specifically the left switch for the lower kicker assembly. there is a red wire coming off of that and I need to know where it goes. This is the reason my kicker in that area is not working. I *THINK* it is supposed to go to a 2 wire connector along with the red wire from the other switch.

Can anyone confirm? I hope I explained it correctly.

Edit: Added (borrowed) photo with an arrow and description.

Chris

needs (resized).jpgneeds (resized).jpg
#1515 5 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Can anyone tell me if when the machine is set to free play it is supposed to allow the player to keep buying in after the 3 balls? Is there a setting to disable this or make it only one extra ball?

Quoted from bobukcat:

Yes, you can disable the buy-in but I think that it is enabled by default.

You can disable it if you're running 1.0.12 software. 1.0.3 does not have the option to disable the buy in.

Chris

#1518 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure you mean v1.0.12, since I linked you to the latest code at Marco to purchase when you updated.

Yes, sorry. Typo

Corrected

#1524 5 years ago
Quoted from bigfoot53:

Here's a few pics of the switches [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you, these helped. Now to pull the game out so I can actually lift the playfield correctly to fix it!

Chris

#1526 5 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So I know there has been talk in the past regarding the ball exiting loop 1 and draining. Some have mentioned that the ball is supposed to go to the right flipper. Most of the time, mine actually deflects to the left flipper which is interesting. I think it is caused by a little button screw at the end of the right edge of the exit guide. I have taken a picture and circled it in blue.
[quoted image]

Interesting. Mine drains probably 80% of the time after the loop 1. It seems to really depend on the speed of the ball as to whether or not it makes it to a flipper or not (no rhyme or reason to it that I can find). Would love to know how to fix it consistently as it seems to be super annoying to players and turns them off of the game.

Chris

#1535 5 years ago

Ordered my Color DMD today! Excited to have this one in color. Once it arrives will have a great day if fixing things to make this the best it can be!

Chris

#1538 4 years ago

Me too. I was having collection frustration, and this took the brunt of it or so it seems. But this arrived today, so now I am stoked to go home and install it!!!!

Color DMD (resized).jpgColor DMD (resized).jpg
#1540 4 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

Joined the club last week! Found a pretty minty Pinball Magic stuck away in a basement for a long time. Has a total of 2,880 plays.
I have the LED OCD and the ColorDMD on the way!
It's was pretty dirty from the black rubbers that broke down, but after an initial cleaning, it's starting to look nice!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club! That looks like it's in great shape! Enjoy!!!!

Chris

#1542 4 years ago

Color DMD installed, but not without issue. The colorization is just amazing. I am very impressed with how well it was done.

Videos below, both before and after. In the beginning of the "after" video you can see the issue it has now. Any ideas on this?

Before:

After:

Chris

#1545 4 years ago

With power off, reseat the big wide ribbon cable at the MPU and also at the driver board.

No change

It's not THAT big a deal since everything boots and works fine after the messages, but it's just strange.

Chris

#1547 4 years ago

Double check the green and white switch matrix wired connectors at the MPU. May have tugged on them swapping out the DMD.
If that is not it, I suggest testing out all the switches in the game.

Thanks, I will check that out when I get home.

Chris

#1548 4 years ago

Reseated ALL connections. Same issue., but I think I am on to something. I may just be dumb, but hear me out......

In the directions for the Color DMD it says:

Disconnect the 14-pin DMD ribbon cable from the CPU Board and the 8-pin high-voltage wire
harness from J2 on the Display Power Board.

J2 is where the error is. I think the game is looking for these voltages and since that is disconnected the error flags.

The directions also state:

Remove the original display, DMD ribbon cable, and high voltage wire harness from the game.

All I need to do is find the other end of wherever the connector from J2 goes in the backbox.

Time to dig.

Chris

#1550 4 years ago

BUT have you tested all the switches? Nothing in that statement suggests you did.
My Display Power Board is completely out of my machine for 2 years now. My power harness is still in my machine since I need it to test out Display Power Boards or DMDs when I do repairs.
Either this error is a problem talking between the MPU and driver or there is a switch error. I haven't seen this error enough to be sure, but I really think it might be related to the big wide ribbon cable between the 2 boards.

Sorry, yes, all switches seem to work properly. The entire game works fine after the error messages disappear.

I did find this, and will dig some more once I get home again:

http://pfutz.us/Capcom/bulletin/j2_missing_zero_x.htm

Anyone else that has installed the color DMD, can you see maybe where I went wrong? Is there another connection other than the J2 on the DMD board that I missed?

Chris

#1558 4 years ago

Thank you for the reply. I have attached a pic of the J6 area. The game works fine after it throws these errors. It's probably something stupid, but I can't seem to put a finger on it

Chris

IMG_6176 (resized).JPGIMG_6176 (resized).JPGIMG_6178 (resized).JPGIMG_6178 (resized).JPG
#1566 4 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

One of the drop targets in my machine broke yesterday and I suspect others will follow suit soon enough. Marco and others don't have them in stock. My daughter has a decent 3D printer, so unless anyone knows of a source for Capcom drop targets I'll likely go this route. Does anyone have a 3D scan or CAD drawing of the drop target? I'll try and build one, but it's not exactly my strength.

I have used ones if you'd be okay with them. User dethfactor made ones for his Breakshot pin. Perhaps you can PM him and he can share the 3D print file?

Here is the link in that thread where I posted pics of my used ones as well if you're interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-club-members-only/page/8#post-4956517
Start at post #388

Chris

#1569 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

silverunicorn is the MAN! Always quick to jump in and lend a hand! His shared photos allowed me to determine that I was missing a plastic and hence why I was having so many problems with the stage/pop area!

That's what the hobby is all about

I have had so many help me over the years it's the least I can do!

Chris

#1576 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Thank you... you and your team have been spot on with my orders , the choice of product is there and I appreciate your fair shipping prices....
All the best...all the time

Agreed. Not just Pinball Magic, but PSPA was the ONLY place I could find some off the wall stuff for our Airborne machine. Great people to deal with!

Chris

4 weeks later
#1599 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have not been able to successfully get this to work out - it keeps rolling off. Unfortunately, it's actually a really good way to get to the back of the PF, and since i'm doing a full clean-and-polish shop out, I need to get back there!

This is how I do it when I need to:

Chris

2 weeks later
#1618 4 years ago

Marco also has the U1L and U1H ROMs for v1.0.12.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/EPROM2080
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/EPROM2079
v1.0.12 is the latest version. I worked on a PM in the past that had v1.0.3 that had a problem with the stage that didn't allow it to go all the way down and the ball would hang up there. Upgrading it to v1.0.6 fixed it. I had installed my old ROM in his game so he didn't need to upgrade.
I think there may even been a light show update to the game as well to v1.0.12. I didn't notice any game play differences between v1.0.6 and v1.0.12.

The lightshow is definitely better in 1.0.12 - In addition, it allows you to turn off the buy in option, which was worth the upgrade alone to me.

Chris

2 months later
#1662 4 years ago

Question for owners. Does the kicker inside the stage area work on your games? There is a kicker there just below the pop bumper. I have tried adjusting the switches so many times, but can't seem to get it to work. It does work in test, so I know the coil / assembly works.

I know it is likely an adjustment thing, but I think if this worked reliable it would add so much action to that area.

Any thoughts?

1 month later
#1680 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Just posted in the marketplace and open to offers as no idea how to price it, but a full stage door assembly for PM[quoted image]

Was this sold? I didn't find it in the Marketplace section.

Thank you

#1682 4 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

It was purchased by a buddy of mine last week.

Ok, no worries. Thanks for the reply!

Chris

3 weeks later
#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't know if this is necessary considering how damned good the LED one looks in PM, it really may be the best looking ColorDMD I've ever seen in any game.

I have to agree with this. The color LED is amazing in Pinball Magic! I get that people do want options, so this IS great news for those who prefer the LCD with the options available.

Either way, it's a win!

Chris

3 months later
#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sadly my PBM went to another hone yesterday. Loved this game and it will be missed!
When I have some time will put together a list of extra parts.
Including plastics, under wand plastic , complete ball lift motor (NOS) and many more.
Thanks to all for the help over the years

Sorry you let it go, but what you got was pretty sweet

I'd be interested in your extra parts when you get to them.

Chris

3 weeks later
#1708 4 years ago

I was wondering if someone can take a gameplay video of their machine.

Specifically, I need to see what happens when your game kicks the ball out of the stage area. I am still having the hardest time getting the kicker below the jet bumper to work correctly. Would like to see a working one to see how much of a difference it makes.

Chris

#1711 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That puppy should be kicking the crap out of the ball
EDIT; Well this one is a bit excessive

Ok yeah mine doesn't do that

Something to work on while I have some days at home I suppose

Thank you for the video, it's exactly what I was looking for.

Chris

#1713 4 years ago

PM SENT!

Chris

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

ColorDMD is easy peasy, took 15 minutes.
Looks great too.

Agreed. I had no issues installing my color DMD. I highly recommend it. Welcome to the club!

Chris

#1721 4 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Is the match magicians color thing supposed to be a ball or shaft?[quoted image]

I though the 2 were attached, no? I didn't know they were sold seperately. I may ne thinking of another game, but I was pretty sure it was one piece.

Chris

#1744 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sold all as a lot ...
The pinsider that bought them is regular to this thread

I am the Pinsider that bough the lot of parts. Once I get them I will see what I need, what I want to keep as spares for my machine, and then what is left.

I have had several emails for specific parts already, and if these are available I will certainly pass them along. Again, not trying to be a dick or a hoarder, just want to make sure I have what I need for my own personal machine first.

Thanks
Chris

#1755 4 years ago

I like the latest roms because you can disable the buy in feature in the menu adjustments. That was worth the cost alone to me.

Chris

#1781 4 years ago

Ok I have a dumb question. The reason my switches aren't working up in the pop bumper ares is that the mounts broke at some point and the "fix" puts them in a different location.

The Manual doesn't call out that mechanical assembly, BUT it looks exact to the slingshot assemblies on the lower playfield (Part A-00157)

Can anyone confirm if they are the same or not? I want to order a replacement but not if it's wrong. LOL

Thanks
Chris

Component (resized).pngComponent (resized).png
#1782 4 years ago

Ok I have a dumb question. The reason my switches aren't working up in the pop bumper ares is that the mounts broke at some point and the "fix" puts them in a different location.
The Manual doesn't call out that mechanical assembly, BUT it looks exact to the slingshot assemblies on the lower playfield (Part A-00157)
Can anyone confirm if they are the same or not? I want to order a replacement but not if it's wrong. LOL
Thanks
Chris[quoted image]

I am 99% sure they are the same so I have one on order. I will follow up when I receive it

Chri

#1784 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sorry Chris I was waiting to heat an answer, because I need the very same bracket! Ives just doing some work on mine, and noticed my drop target coil is missing that exact part, pretty random.
Where did you order yours from?

No worries. Marco had them complete with switches and coil.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-00157

They have a surprising number of parts for Pinball Magic now, including a full plastics set, which I couldn't find anywhere when I needed them.

Chris

#1790 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sorry Chris I was waiting to heat an answer, because I need the very same bracket! Ives just doing some work on mine, and noticed my drop target coil is missing that exact part, pretty random.
Where did you order yours from?

I got the replacement and it is the same as the slingshot kicker assembly. That’s a good thing. BUT the replacement has a diode on it and my other assemblies do not. Anyone know if I should leave them on there or remove?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1793 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's a resister.

And I'm an idiot. LOL

Thank you.

#1794 4 years ago

And I'm an idiot. LOL
Thank you.

To that point - would the resistor make it not show up in the switch test if it wasn’t supposed to be there?

#1796 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's OK, you probably actually know how to spell resistor unlike me

I wouldn't think so...but is it not showing up? does it work during gameplay/test?

So, when I wired up and installed it the switches "sort of" registered in the switch test, but they seemed delayed or intermittent. Once I buttoned everything up and test played it I got nothing out of them. Now they don't register in switch test at all.

Strange. I double checked my wiring (I added wiring because the wires in the game were too short) and it looks correct to me based on what was in there originally.

Chris

#1804 4 years ago

So aggravated right now. Turned the game on today, switched registered fine. Played a game and the kicker seemed to work....:..BUT

Half the lights are now out. All the backbox lights are out, some GI and some insert lights. Can’t find a common coloring and just shut it down for now.

GRRRRRRRR!! So sick of this thing right now!!

Chris

#1809 4 years ago

Still trying to fix my wand issue now that my machine is back together.
Both the stage motor and the wand motor are the same. Part number mr00106.
I noticed on a photo online that there is a resistor across the tabs of both switches.
Mine does not have the resistors. I was wondering if someone could take a look and let me know if you have resistors across your switch tabs on either motor.
[quoted image]

I do not have resistors on mine. Not sure if they should be there or not, but mine works fine.

Chris

#1813 4 years ago

Ok so my lighting issue - Sorry for the movement on the video, but here's what it's doing (or not doing)

Chirs

#1816 4 years ago

With trying to help locate the source of your lamp issues, I was looking back through your other videos. I noticed that this error came up when you turn on the game, no matter if you have an original DMD or the ColorDMD.
[quoted image]
Basically, reseat the big wide ribbon cable at the driver board (2 connections) and at the MPU board (1 connection). Make sure all the male board pins are straight. On a friend's Breakshot that had this, if I had pressed on a certain part of the damaged strain relief of the crimp, I was able to get his working temporarily while he waited on another ribbon cable. I am thinking there is some bad connections that is carrying the signals to the driver board to tell what lamps to cycle.
BTW...all lamps in the game are controlled lamps. There are no GI lamps that are on a separate circuit like in other games.
So if just reseating the ribbon cable (with power off) doesn't do the trick, try pressing on the crimped areas of the cable while it is in attract mode to see if you can get some or all the lamps working.

I will try this, but I think I discovered a bigger problem as well. Turns out, Fuse F1 is out. This is a Slow Blow fuse (either 7 or 10 amp depending on what part of the manual you believe). I didn't have those values so I put a 5A in there and that cooked almost instantly. So I need to determine if it was just under fused or if something is causing the fuse to blow, and if so, what.

This all seems so strange as a result of a switch replacement. Does anyone have clear photos of the wiring to the upper slingshot switches and coil?

Thank you
Chris

#1823 4 years ago

Had my playfield up! Sounds like something (switch or lamp socket) may be shorted. Changed the wires on my switches to thicker gauge so wire color may differ. than yours.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok so does your switch work? If so then something is REALLY wrong on mine. I have a wire from the loom coming to the left switch in that picture. Your left switch has no wires other than those going to the right switch, correct?

And the top lug of the left switch goes to the far lug on the right switch? and vice versa? Am I seeing that right?

Hope that hail storm didn't damage anything for you!

Chris

#1827 4 years ago

***** LIGHTING ISSUE IS FIXED!!! *****

Thank you to all who replied!

PinballManiac40 - I have been getting that message since I installed the color DMD. Maybe it was before that, but I don't remember - I reseated the cables as you suggested and still get the same error.

Bobukcat - Thank you for your explanation and how to test.

Atariaction - Your pictures were the final piece to the puzzle!

Bottom line is this - Don't trust that whoever worked on the machine before you was right. So after looking at the photos from Atariaction, I realized there was an extra wire to the switch stack. I removed that wire, and checked everything else to the photo. replaced the fuse with the last one I had in that value, and boom! The lights came on fine.

The confusing part is that extra wire. I traced it back and it goes to the flasher in the jet bumper. It was on the switch before when it was working so I'm not sure how, but all is good now that I removed it. I isolated that wire and taped it off so it won't be an issue anymore.

Thank you to this group, you are all so helpful!

Chris

#1829 4 years ago

I can't find the video at the moment where I thought you showed the original DMD was still installed. I can't believe that is directly related to the ColorDMD.
Same ribbon cable is in Breakshot, though only has 2 connections vs 3 in PM.

Could very well be, but I remember this starting when the Color DMD was installed. I am in no way blaming the Color DMD for that. This game (I am learning) had many questionable fixes before I received it. I did have a similar issue on Airborne, maybe you're thinking of that?

I can try re-seating the cables again for the heck of it. It doesn't really bother me and the game works fine once it is past those t startup screens.

Chris

#1840 4 years ago

That is interesting since the ribbon cable is the only thing I messed with in my friend's Breakshot.
It is annoying to see an error message. I couldn't help but throw out some advice.

And I do sincerely appreciate your advice!

Chris

#1844 4 years ago

Hey PinballManiac40 - check this out!!!

So after your post I thought to myself....This HAS to be something simple. It didn't do this before the color DMD. I re-seated the ribbon cables with no change. Was frustrated, so I walked away. Then I was thinking about when I did the Breakshot Color DMD.....When I did that I removed J2 from the DMD board at first, and not the DMD power board. Then it clicked in my head. Went back to PM and I had done the same thing, but then never reconnected the J2 on the DMD board! Reconnected that and now it's as it should be!

I am such a dope that I am amazed anything I do works sometimes. But I want to thank you for continuing to have me check and re-check cabling. It was a stupid mistake and I am embarrassed by it. LOL

Chris

#1847 4 years ago

I am glad it is working correctly now, but I do not know what you're referring to when you say "DMD board". Do you mean the J2 to the MPU on the back of the speaker panel?
My DMD power board was removed out of the game when I installed the ColorDMD since it is not needed.

So on mine there are 2 boards on the back of the DMD panel cage. One is the DMD power board, the small one to the left if looking at the machine. The other I thought was just the DMD controller board or something like that. Not sure the official name. I will get a pic in a little but that should help clarify.

Chris

#1849 4 years ago

That is the MPU then on the right. It send animations directly out to the DMD/ColorDMD. It is more an advanced game in the respect than WPC/WPC95/DE/Stern Whitestar.
Official board names are always listed in manuals.
[quoted image]

Well in that case yes, the J2 on the MPU was disconnected and is what I re-connected to solve the issue. And I'm still an idiot

Although, I'm surprised it didn't have more errors with that disconnected, but what do I know.

Chris

3 weeks later
#1876 3 years ago

Thanks, they turned out ok!
Just took a video of me testing them out in the stage mech.

Good work! Those look nice, despite being a little darker than original. Well done!

Chris

1 month later
#1891 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Brought this home the other night and joined the club.
Spent the first night cleaning out the bottom of the cabinet and clearing out and fixing all the errors.
Got all the errors fixed, but have a quick question.
What are these two white plastic pieces I found in the bottom of the cabinet? Also, where do they go?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! As I stated in the other thread, I freaking LOVE Pinball Magic. I don't recall those plastic pieces in my machine. I could be wrong though. I can look around next time I pop the hood if you don't get an answer.

These look amazing with a color DMD. Capcom had some amazing dot animations for sure.

Chris

#1904 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Ok, we have a winner.
Yes, they seem to fit perfectly on the underside of the lock bar and act as a support keeping the middle of the lock bar from bowing when you put pressure on it.
When you get a chance, I would love to see how far apart yours are spaced and where the placement is.
Frankly this machine is soo dirty at the moment I can tell how they mount, but unsure how far apart they were spaced.
Attached is a photo of how I think they are supposed to be mounted.
[quoted image]

Interesting. I don't have these on any of my Capcom machines. I wonder if was a shipping thing, or if they just fell off over time.

Chris

2 months later
#1964 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Also have a display available....
[quoted image]

PM sent.

#1967 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Hi all,
Currently borrowing a Pinball Magic and hoping to get some info from experienced owners.
I get an insane amount of sdtm drains from shooting the middle loop.
Sometimes saveable if you don't flip but often seems destined to drain.
For a while a full plunge on the shooter rod would put it stdm too but a bit of adjustment has got the ball hitting the right flipper.
I've checked the pin is level but the middle loop shot still drains the ball nearly every time which is frustrating.
If i adjust the levellers I end up with the full plunge going sdtm.
I can't seem to get it right, especially consider a spirit level and the pinball leveller app say its level in both directions.
What flipper should a full flunge take you to?
Is this common with PM?

I have this problem with mine as well all the time. It was super annoying to people at the Pinball Show I took it to a few years back. I've adjusted all I can adjust and short of making the machine unlevel I can't seem to get rid of the isue.

I'd love to hear if others have this as well.

Chris

#1973 3 years ago

So, I've had my Pinball Magic 5 years now. I had always thought the wireforms looked dull. Not worn, just "dull" I tried to polish them up but nothing changed, so I just kind of lived with them. I had the opportunity to get a NOS loop wireform and jumped at it. Now that I got it, I am thinking my original wireforms were podercoated. Like I said, they aren't bad, just not shiny.

My guess is that they were worn and someone had them powercoated. Now I am conflicted. I Love the shiny new one, but then the other one won't match

First world problems I guess. Oh and I got a really cool cad drawing of the ramp. Anyone want to reproduce them? LOL

Pics of my wireforms vs. the new one included.

IMG_2288 (resized).jpgIMG_2288 (resized).jpgIMG_2289 (resized).jpgIMG_2289 (resized).jpgIMG_2290 (resized).jpgIMG_2290 (resized).jpgIMG_2291 (resized).jpgIMG_2291 (resized).jpgIMG_2292 (resized).jpgIMG_2292 (resized).jpgIMG_2293 (resized).jpgIMG_2293 (resized).jpgIMG_2294 (resized).jpgIMG_2294 (resized).jpgIMG_2295 (resized).jpgIMG_2295 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2006 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Forgot to resign from the club, Magic left two weeks ago.

The first rule of resigning from Pinball Magic Club is that you don't talk about resigning from Pinball Magic Club.

Sorry you sold yours but no need to resign You've been a wealth of knowledge so please stick around!

Chris

1 week later
#2013 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Why are so many people selling right now? This game is awesome!?!?

Maybe the prices games are fetching now? Capcoms don't seem to get too crazy, but they are still up there.

Chris

#2018 3 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Plastics sold pending

Rats. That's what i get for drinking last night and sleeping in

Chris

#2020 3 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Plastic set still available.

PM sent

#2023 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

See, drinking all night and sleeping in wins again!

Apparently so! LOL

Chris

#2036 3 years ago

Anyone have one of these or know where to get one? Capcom Apron Decal...
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CA-13E

I thought I had a few of those but all I could find was the larger "CAPCOM" that is in the center of that decal, but it's way too big for the apron area.

Hopefully wackenhut can find one for ya!

Chris

3 months later
#2050 3 years ago
Quoted from LEE:

Picked up a PM a few months ago. It’s not quite as nice as my HUO Airborne, but I’m enjoying it.
Always thought PM was a visually spectacular game and the color LCD is a must for it.
[quoted image]

nice! The color DMD is great in Pinball Magic. I wish they'd do one for Airborne. @ great games!

Chris

1 month later
#2053 3 years ago

You sold your Pinball Magic?! :O

#2057 3 years ago

Repro stage door set for sale

Above is post #2033 if you want to have a look at the video.
I have one set left. No plans to make more. $30usd shipping included. Been working great in my machine since I installed them.

Great seller here! I have a set of his stage doors and they are very nice quality. Deal with confidence!

Chris

3 weeks later
#2062 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I have wanted one of these pins for ages!!! Well, this week I bought one I will be picking it up next week.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks like a nice example! Congrats!

Chris

#2065 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Ok, so I have it home and got a chance to give it a serious look over. The cab has been heavily and badly touched up. So I will eventually need to address that and repair the wood damage. It doesn't seem like anyone sells stencils for this table? Is there a source for these? I didn't find anything in this thread.
Also, one of the broken plastics seems to not be in stock anywhere in the US. Does anyone have one of these for sale?[quoted image]

Sent you a PM. I don't think I've ever seen stencils for this game. It was screened, and I vaguely remember seeing a set of decals once on Ebay but can't vouch for how good (or bad) they were.

Chris

1 week later
#2069 2 years ago

Was lamenting about selling the NOS playfield I had a while back and this popped up. It was a good day!! Was listed as used but it’s definitely NOS. Couldn’t be happier.

03150087-F550-43CC-BF6F-C08A4A769FEF (resized).jpeg03150087-F550-43CC-BF6F-C08A4A769FEF (resized).jpeg2E23336E-DE8B-4A03-81E4-13B841E12238 (resized).jpeg2E23336E-DE8B-4A03-81E4-13B841E12238 (resized).jpeg5B99BB5F-B3D3-46F5-9626-01C071FC0BD1 (resized).jpeg5B99BB5F-B3D3-46F5-9626-01C071FC0BD1 (resized).jpeg5EFCB7CB-EBE2-4854-9923-C1CD7B22A90E (resized).jpeg5EFCB7CB-EBE2-4854-9923-C1CD7B22A90E (resized).jpegB8B0BF98-A47B-4C1C-91D9-4E7979868F5A (resized).jpegB8B0BF98-A47B-4C1C-91D9-4E7979868F5A (resized).jpegDEDFEABF-78AE-470B-938C-E4D444CF92D9 (resized).jpegDEDFEABF-78AE-470B-938C-E4D444CF92D9 (resized).jpegECA2594D-F0F3-4C86-9A95-992B16555F06 (resized).jpegECA2594D-F0F3-4C86-9A95-992B16555F06 (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#2100 2 years ago

Deleted

#2103 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Can anybody have a look how this plastic is mounted pls?
The plastic is lifted at that position. Looks like it should be a standup post without thread on top below the plastic left of the scoop.
Thanks.

This is mine. ***DISCLAIMER*** I don’t know if mine is correct. I do have an issue with balls drawing SDTM from the loop so take these pics for what they are worth. Mine has a plastic post with a pan head screw on it that is going through it. I also have plastic protectors on the machine so that's why the photos looks like they are double plastics. Even if mine is wrong, I do t see how a threaded post should be on top of there.

I have included a shop out pic from 2015 when I tore it down as well. Again, I'm not sure if this is right and would love other owners to chime in as well.

0229FCCC-4E0D-43DB-905F-98808B80D5CD (resized).jpeg0229FCCC-4E0D-43DB-905F-98808B80D5CD (resized).jpeg044DDB60-56E3-4EC3-B8FB-E0D9CCF5DF1D (resized).jpeg044DDB60-56E3-4EC3-B8FB-E0D9CCF5DF1D (resized).jpeg987F789D-2231-4B01-B704-6C0C91764E52 (resized).jpeg987F789D-2231-4B01-B704-6C0C91764E52 (resized).jpegDCDDA720-9611-49F7-B6EA-313DAB04EBE3 (resized).jpegDCDDA720-9611-49F7-B6EA-313DAB04EBE3 (resized).jpeg

shop out (resized).jpgshop out (resized).jpg
#2105 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha that is def incorrect. It is a metal post

whelp, then I'm out. LOL. that probably explains the SDTM shots then. so it should be a metal post with rubber sleeve? and no bolt or screw on top?

Chris

2 weeks later
#2119 2 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Just joined the club
[quoted image]

Welcome!!! Looks like a nice example too!

Chris

1 month later
#2130 2 years ago

Guys
Sol. Voltage percent.. What is the default for this? I'd have thought 100%? Mine was on 10!
[quoted image]
Same question for flipper strength... What is the sweet spot or intended setting?

mine is set at 10 for both.

Chris

#2131 2 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

I have Resetting problem with my PM after a few hours of been on.
Thinking it's a 5v drop or a board pulling the 5v down
Repin the power board 5v gnd plug J4.
Reset all alther boards 5v-Gnd plugs.
I have 2 set of spare boards set.
All power boards have been served.
So far have tryed all 3 power board , tryed 2 CPU boards, 2 Sound boards.
just change the display power board to see how it go's in the next 24 hours

Look up Pinsider Shenanigander. I believe he had a similar issue with his Pinball Magic, but I don't remember the fix.

Shenanigander can you elaborate?

Chris

3 weeks later
#2144 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

After reviewing the video a couple more times and talking to Erik I decided to go ahead and post the link. SPOILER ALERT, if you don't want to see the end of the wizard mode, don't watch this. Sorry for the poor quality, I guess I had the setting for video on my phone turned way down for some reason.

couple of things watching this.

1) I need to learn some of those save moves
2) I SUCK at Pinball Magic looking at that score!

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

Chris

4 months later
#2167 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Hello everyone.
Welp, I'm picking up a beautiful example of PBM tomorrow from a great pin brother here on Pinside. Shout out to you "Frogman" my friend!
Side note: I hate saying "PM" because every time I see it, my brain says..."Private Message". Lol So the B breaks that up for me.
That said, it took me 3 days, but I read through every single solitary post made in this forum thread to get better acquainted with all things PBM & Capcom. Thank you to Wesley for starting the club.
I must admit that Im loaded with excitement to own a PBM, but also admit a lot of nervousness as it's obviously a very temperamental machine (that unfortunately has driven some here mental) and parts for the title are getting harder & harder to come by.
Thank God for all the great current & past owners here who really have banded together to help anyone with issues or parts needs. From Chris's great playfield lift out tutorial to all of Shenanigans (who btw has an awesome YouTube channel you have to subscribe to for all things pinball) awesome and helpful vids, to guys having parts made for everyone, to Bryan Hansen of Capcom, JJ & APB fame & one of the game's actual designers & engineers himself being on here, to every single person in between. You've all been great & I appreciate you all for all the help, knowledge & solutions you share. They'll help people out with their machines decades down the road & long after we're gone.
I look forward to being in the club & helping others out in anyway that I can.
Thanks Everyone!
Derek.

Welcome to the club!

Quoted from Pinfidel:

I'm thinking about removing the playfield out of my Pinball Magic. Anyone remove the playfield out of their Pinball Magic? If so, what did you do to get it out?
I wish all machines had an easy system of wire connectors like RFM & SWEP1. Just remove a few connectors and pull the playfield up and out. Easy peaze.

You're looking to remove it completely? That I haven't done, but I did figure out a way to have it most of the way out of the cabinet.

Chris

#2171 2 years ago

It's been several years since I offered the acrylic ball that goes in the captive ball for pinball magic.
Limited supply in stock after a 4 year absence!
I will build an ad later today and post again here and will also be in my shop later.
Sadly, these have gone up by 25% since I last listed them.
$10 for a brand new shiny acrylic ball. These are stronger than originals and will take a long time to get cloudy and beat up.
I installed one in my PM about 5 years ago and it still looks new with several hundred games.
Shipping will be usps first class mail and is extra. Price depends by which coast your on.

I have some of these and they are great! Buy with confidence!

Chrid

#2173 2 years ago

Has anyone found a way to LED pinball magic and retain the effects? I assume it needs a ledocd type board but guess Capcom is a bit obscure and doesn't have the market.

There is a LED OCD board. This thread has a lot of good info in it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leds-in-capcom-games

Chris

2 weeks later
#2178 2 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

has anyone made a levitating ball? Can't find one anywhere. Mine came without it :/[quoted image]

I had replaced mine when I shopped out my machine years ago. I can see if I still have the old one, but I am thinking I gave it to someone who was in the same situation you are in.

I got my replacement from Pinball Spare Parts Australia but I don't see it on their site now.

Chris

#2180 2 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

I added a couple fans to the back box to help with the power supply heat. Used metal wire ties for the fan->heat sink, and an unsused 5v/ground (J4) to power. Works pretty well (so far).

Is this a machine that is on all the time? Just curious. I haven't had any issues with my power supply, but if you were I think your solution is well implemented. I'd just worry about dust, but looks good.

Chris

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

Carbide tip to drill the ball (slow, and with oil), gate wire form, just hope the JB weld holds. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work!

Chris

#2190 2 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

It’s working great.
Also, since the LED OCD board is not available, pinstadiums will have to do until theyre made again, hopefully. Inserts are super dark though :/

Wow. You sure can see the playfield now! This game is dark with incandescent lighting but the effects they create are pretty cool.

You need the color DMD, it looks amazing in Pinball Magic in my opinion.

Chris

#2192 2 years ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Adding a traditional coin door to my Breakshot and wondering if anyone can supply photos of where the wires for coin mechs and lamps on the Pinball Magic coin door go. Looked at the manual but my wiring color doesn’t seem to match up quite right.
Couldn't find a Breakshot owners club but pretty sure the wiring will be the same on all Capcom games.
feel free to reply on the post I made here (also has photos of the wires in question): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-coin-door-wiring-help
Thanks so much!

Breakshot club is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-club-members-only

Not at home but can take some pics of my pinball magic when I get home.

Chris

1 month later
#2203 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Working a possible trade for a nice PM for my CFTBL. PM has the color DMD (still displaying in a single color though), new cabinet decals, clean playfield with only 1 small chip at the hole, plastics and boards are good....clean machine.
My Creature is also pristine. Completely rebuilt with a DP playfield. Recent Pinside values seem to say Creature is worth more. But the rarity of PM and the gameplay intrigue me.
What does the club think? Am I shorting myself to trade my very clean Creature for it?

Honestly, as much as I LOVE pinball magic, I don't know if I would make that trade. But I LOVE CFTBL as well, so there's that. I've never owned a Creature but if I did and was tired of it I could see wanting something else.

Just my $0.02

Chris

3 weeks later
#2211 1 year ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

How much is a pinball matic in the is on these crazy days ?

I recently sold mine to a fellow pinsider. I had a ton of extras to go with it, including a NOS playfield, complete NOS plastics set, and many other NOS assemblies, decals, and other items.

While I will respect the buyer and not disclose the actual sales price, it was under $7K. We both seemed happy with the sale.

I have seen just the machine in the $4500 - $5500 range lately.

Chris

4 months later
#2217 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Lets bring some life in here.
Both PM are disassembled, parts are back from galvanizing in zinc. Ramps are out for real gold. One set ballguides was highgloss polished. New plastics, translites, decals, targets, etc, pp are ordered and arrived.
Both cabinetts will be used original. I ordered also decals but they are ugly ugly ugly. So we decided to make both cabinets with paint and clearcoat.
Funny .. on both NOS playfielöds are no holes for the 3 screws for the single popbumber.
Enjoy.
[quoted image]
Cabinet number one ready to mask
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Masking tape removal
Looks nice
Meanwhile are 3 layers of clearcoat on. The last layer will be frosted clear and polished so that it has no gloss and look like original.
The missing legs from the boy at the flipper buttons was fixed with an overlay. It was to hard to airbrush, so the overlay is a good alternate and will be clearcoated.
Front
[quoted image]

Wow! Looking great!

Chris

1 month later
#2236 1 year ago

I have 2 sets if Cliffy protectors for Pinball Magic I found in my parts.

PM me if you’d like a set. Not sure if they are full sets or not. See pics.

Cover shipping and I’ll send them out if you’re in the contenintal USA. If overseas I’d have to look into costs.

Set #1
Set 1Set 1

Set #2
Set 2Set 2

Will answer inquiries in order and ASAP but this weekend is busy.

Chris

#2237 1 year ago

Both sets of Cliffys have been spoken for.

Thank you.

Chris

#2240 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

A member of the german pinball community is able to print mirrored backglasses.
So i had one in my TZ years ago and while renovating my PM I thought a mirrored backglas would look great.
I asked him if he would make me a "one of a kind backglas". Here is the result:
[quoted image]
Too much mirror is not nice .... so we tried it with this areas
[quoted image]
All green will become mirror
As a gimmick he included a "hiddenTomDK".
And yes .. it is a real glas. No acrylic or PET-G.
It is the material I hoped the extra translite for FH 2.0 would be made off ...but its just cheap acrylic.

WOW! Just wow. Looks amazing and I like the little easter egg in there too!

Well done!

Chris

3 months later
#2248 1 year ago

I have captive Balls available again!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1164-mod-magic/05796-pinball-magic-clear-acrylic-captive-ball
If you want 2 or more PM me. Not sure if the shop double charges for shipping.

These are very nice. I had one when I had my Pinball Magic and it was great.

Chris

2 months later
#2263 12 months ago
Quoted from bush3262:

I’m having random resets on my Pinball Magic, in spite of numerous attempts to clean/reseat connections between the power supply and CPU. Any ideas on where I should look next? Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/@pinballshenanigans/videos

Mike Dymus had a similar issue. I *think* it is covered in one of his videos but I can't remember for sure. I'll hit him up and see if he remembers the fix.

Shenanigander <--- Mike's user name

Chris

1 month later
#2289 10 months ago
Quoted from BMGfan:

Could someone who has spares of the left stage door be kind enough to confirm something for me?
If possible could you confirm that the left and right stage doors are the same geometry with the exception of them being the reverse of each other?
Thanks!

I no longer have my machine but I remember them being the same just opposite.

Chris

1 month later
#2321 9 months ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Ooof! Well, I double-checked which game I bought and sadly I haven't yet joined the Pinball Magic Club!

$3700 would have been a good price for a Pinball Magic, but that's a SCREAMING deal on a TOM for sure! Either way, congrats!

Chris

2 weeks later
#2323 9 months ago
Quoted from clarkey_:

Getting there with my restore, cabinet work done and playfield swap completed, just working through some niggles now.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Hoping I may be able to get some help with one of them, I keep blowing the fuse in the following picture, it works for 15 - 30 minutes and then blows, it seems to be the wand magnet coils. I think as my machine is early the silk screening on the board is confusing, I want to check what fuse number is this and what is the correct value fuse (the manual seems to contradict itself on fuses).
Looking at the labelling it could be fuse F9 or F14 ?
[quoted image]
All the scans of the manual I can find have pages 53-54 missing which is the powerboard and would help.
[quoted image]
These two parts contradict themselves.
[quoted image]
As a start I just want to try be sure of what fuse it needs to I am not under fusing it.
Thanks

I believe that is fuse 14. I can see if I have a manual floating around at home, but I think it went when I sold my Pinball Magic.

Chris

#2334 9 months ago
Quoted from clarkey_:

If you get a chance would be appreciated, id be interested in purchasing the manual if you do have it?
Thanks

Sorry I believe both the manuals I had went with the machine when I sold it.

Chirs

1 week later
#2343 8 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Anyone know what the purpose of the holes were around the pop bumper where the rubbers go? My early game has these routed out, but with plugs in the holes. They look to be about the same size as the lamp holes so that would be my guess. That would kind of make sense as an incandescent would get broken easily in that spot...but a domeless LED would work fine.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Mine had kicker assemblies in there. At least on one side. I think originally, they were going to do that on all sides but scrapped that idea. Mine didn't have the extrs holes where yours does.

Chris

kicker2 (resized).jpgkicker2 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#2385 4 months ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Colordmd for Capcom in my three games all use the standard Colordmd just need a special cable to connect to the 18 volt supply. The difficulty is in the metal box surrounding the dmd and holding the circuit boards. I have lcds in mine and either bent the top flap of the box or cut it to make them fit. Newer displays might not need it I don’t know

I used the ColorDMD LED version in mine and I remember not needing to modify the metal case. I sold my PM or else I'd look. The game looks fantastic with a color display.

Chris

1 week later
#2389 4 months ago
Quoted from TomDK:

All what Capcom´s "Stardivision" had to offer

Capcom made some AMAZING games in the short time they were in the pinball business. I can't imagine how they would make stuff today had they stuck it out.

Chris

1 month later
#2398 3 months ago
Quoted from clarkey_:

Does anyone know a source for drop targets, all the usual places are out of stock. Down two now and would love to get them back up and running.
Cheers

Send me a PM. I no longer have my pinball magic but I can see what parts I have left tonight when I get home.

Chris

1 month later
#2416 53 days ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Joined the club yesterday
[quoted image]

Congrats! Of the few machines I have sold. I kinda miss my Pinball Magic the most of all of them.

Looks like a nice example.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,100 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverunicorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club?tu=silverunicorn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.