IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerbflong.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 9 years ago

Wow PappyBoyington, amazing!

Pinball Magic is a great game!

3 years later
#1502 5 years ago
Quoted from Milk:

I am now a proud owner of a ColorDMD in my PM!!! And let me say words can't describe how GREAT in looks!!!

Always glad to hear that!

2 weeks later
#1551 5 years ago

Ive never seen that error either but will look over my wiring tonight. Ive had a colordmd in for 2 years now i believe and no issues with that power cable disconnected

#1557 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Color DMD installed, but not without issue. The colorization is just amazing. I am very impressed with how well it was done.
Videos below, both before and after. In the beginning of the "after" video you can see the issue it has now. Any ideas on this?
Before:

After:

Chris

Chris,

I use a custom cable made for the ColorDMD on PM so I moved over the cable I have for Breakshot to test it. I made the one for breakshot but I'm pretty sure its similar to the one included with the ColorDMD now. Ignore the cable plugged into J4 on the left. That is the other cable I use to power the display. This is plugged into J6 on PM. on Breakshot its J2. Same pinout and goes to the small PCB with transformer on it for the plasma display that you disconnect when using a low voltage display. I can not get those errors you are showing to pop up on my machine. And I've tried 1.0.6? rom and the latest 1.0.12. I also tested an LED display, chroma LCD and V1.3 (old school) LCD display. No errors. I'm a bit baffled. Can you post pics of your J6 area?

20190427_103056 (resized).jpg20190427_103056 (resized).jpg

And for those of you asking about fitting an LCD in breakshot or PM, I cut the metal display shield and bent it up to fit it. I used a right angle USB extension cable to access the usb port easily with out removing the shield.
20190427_103849 (resized).jpg20190427_103849 (resized).jpg

#1559 4 years ago

Chris, i don't see anything wrong in the pics

Ill look over that page about the error though
.. hmm.

#1583 4 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Great, so do i just need some sort of software to run it?

If its an LED ColorDMD you need this:

http://shop.colordmd.com/cable-kit-for-capcom/

LCD you still need the cable kit and then some modification to your metal bracket.

11 months later
#1831 4 years ago

Could very well be, but I remember this starting when the Color DMD was installed. I am in no way blaming the Color DMD for that. This game (I am learning) had many questionable fixes before I received it. I did have a similar issue on Airborne, maybe you're thinking of that?
I can try re-seating the cables again for the heck of it. It doesn't really bother me and the game works fine once it is past those t startup screens.
Chris

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

No. I took the screen shot straight from your video in this thread. I have not been to the Airborne club in a long time to see if anyone is having issues with their games. It is good to see the ribbon cable was not related to your lamp issue.
The issue is not at all related to not having the DMD power board in the game. I've been running a LCD ColorDMD for over 2 years without ever seeing that issue.

When coloring PM, I had this error show up exactly once. I reseated all connectors and it never showed up again. I had read this but never did anything as the error never showed again.

http://pfutz.us/Capcom/bulletin/j2_missing_zero_x.htm

2+ years here and only once. And like Chris said, it doesnt hurt anything. Plays fine.

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from Chucky3D:

I DIY this MOD to my Pinball Magic chest and I would like to share with the pinside community.
Let me know, what do you guys think?[quoted image][quoted image]

That trunk looks great!!

2 weeks later
#1871 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm not a big fan of toppers in general but when I see this one I always think she's blowing a bubble instead of looking at a crystal ball.

I thought it was a big off color clown nose.

4 months later
#1974 3 years ago

So, I've had my Pinball Magic 5 years now. I had always thought the wireforms looked dull. Not worn, just "dull" I tried to polish them up but nothing changed, so I just kind of lived with them. I had the opportunity to get a NOS loop wireform and jumped at it. Now that I got it, I am thinking my original wireforms were podercoated. Like I said, they aren't bad, just not shiny.
My guess is that they were worn and someone had them powercoated. Now I am conflicted. I Love the shiny new one, but then the other one won't match
First world problems I guess. Oh and I got a really cool cad drawing of the ramp. Anyone want to reproduce them? LOL
Pics of my wireforms vs. the new one included.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hah. Powder coated for sure as those look exactly like mine does... And I had mine powder coated 5 years ago, thats funny. It doesnt look that bad but I'd be in a for a new set of brass if someone did make them!!

5 months later
#2051 3 years ago

nice! The color DMD is great in Pinball Magic. I wish they'd do one for Airborne. @ great games!
Chris

I wish I could find someone to sell me one semi-locally so I could color it

3 months later
#2097 2 years ago

SilverUnicorn did a great vid on it back a few years

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club/page/32#post-5022837

8 months later
#2184 2 years ago

Nice job it looks good. I wonder if the motor can handle the weight of a real Pinball as the original it’s just a fake plastic piece.

1 year later
#2255 1 year ago

You can’t run regular bulbs with an led ocd board it can’t handle that much current.

Quoted from uncle_jose:

Hello guys! Our PM is having some type of confusion... we made this video to show the issue, have you seen this behavior before? any idea of what is causing it? thank you very much!

Best,
~ja

I wonder if its a bug because I've had the same thing happen on my game a couple of times. Its pretty rare. Only one of the critics will be lit that you have to hit. I've not experienced it that early in the game though!

7 months later
#2384 4 months ago
Quoted from clarkey_:

I also want to ask about using a colour DMD, does it run off the 18v that the standard DMD takes from the driver board?
Are all colour dmds the same IE there is not a special capcom version as I know in a wpc it takes a lower voltage input to run them?

Colordmd for Capcom in my three games all use the standard Colordmd just need a special cable to connect to the 18 volt supply. The difficulty is in the metal box surrounding the dmd and holding the circuit boards. I have lcds in mine and either bent the top flap of the box or cut it to make them fit. Newer displays might not need it I don’t know

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

8,100 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerbflong.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club?tu=nerbflong and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.