Topic Stats

• 1,687 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by SilverUnicorn
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 385 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PM stage door (resized).jpg
bop_ntc.jpg
pm_ntc.jpg
20190911_153528 (resized).jpg
20190911_153512 (resized).jpg
20190911_153451 (resized).jpg
20190908_085211 (resized).jpg
20190908_085200 (resized).jpg
20190907_132413 (resized).jpg
20190907_132357 (resized).jpg
06AF9F42-246D-4370-A531-666983C50042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6178 (resized).JPG
IMG_6176 (resized).JPG
20190427_103849 (resized).jpg
20190427_103056 (resized).jpg
20190422_113529 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mgpasman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#692 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

My sister made me a topper for my birthday one year. You can't see that she painted some stars on the inside back wall. I need to try and dimly light up the inside somehow.

You have a Color DMD in it? How is that working?

I have pin2dmd display in mine, set to a yellow/purple palette.

#694 2 years ago

It is working well and I love it in Hi Res setting.

Yeah, but there is no official code for it, so is it in 1 color mode?

3 weeks later
#746 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I have his two proto whitewood playfields--one with the three-bumper setup past the stage that never made it to production.

Just bragging, or are they up for sale?

Might be interested in the second one. PM me.

1 week later
#751 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

All issues resolved , game plays perfectly, thanks to all for the help

You are most welcome, glad we could be of assistance!

1 month later
#811 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Hope these help. On both sides the bworn / banded wire is going to the right lug, and the purple is to the left lug. The right sling has 2 purple wires to the left lug, but the left sling has only one. Go figure.

Well, one coil has to be the last in the chain?

2 years later
#1668 68 days ago

My PM was blowing the breaker switch every second time I turn her on (!). Today I got a nice fresh batch of NTC's (thermistors), I cut a black wire going from the fuse to the transformer and put the NTC in between, but it did not solve my problem. Should I put it somewhere else, like *before* the main switch, or is anywhere between the line and the transformer good enough?

#1670 67 days ago

Unplug the connectors on backside of the transformer. Does it still blow a fuse?

Yes, after the third time the breaker tripped.

I tried moving the NTC directly in between the switch and the transformer, to no avail. One thing I do notice, is that the NTC gets f*cking hot. Not even 10 seconds after turning on the power, it is already too hot to touch and starts to smell. I tried a second NTC, with the same result. Same type of NTC in my The Machine: Bride of Pinbot does not overheat like this.

It can't be a short in the power supply, else the fuse in the metal box would have blown too, right?

This photo shows how the NTC is mounted in the PM (the single screw terminal in the black wire shows where the NTC was during the first attempt):

This one shows how the NTC is mounted in the PM

This one shows the setup in my BoP

This one shows the setup in my BoP

#1672 66 days ago

You need to move the thermistor back to where it belongs as per the manual.

I am pretty sure there isnt supposed to be one? There is an orange thing parallel to the power socket in the metal cage (visible on the top photo), but that is not a thermistor I think.

Need to see a picture of the input into the transformer. I'm trying to find in the manual how the transformer is supposed to be jumpered for 220V.

It is correctly wired. The game also plays normally when it doesn't trip the breakers.

You still have the backside of the transformer disconnected? If so, you can't have a power supply issue at this time if the output (backside) of the transformer is disconnected.

The backside of the transformer is still disconnected. The only thing drawing power after the switch, is a transformer without load and a 220v lead to my PIN2DMD (the red piggyback connectors).

#1674 65 days ago

Well something sounds fishy to be tripping a breaker randomly. How many games are on this same breaker? I would move the game to another outlet on a different breaker to be sure it is that game and not the breaker itself.

There are six games (and a few outlets in the kitchen) but when I run the tests, it's always the one game that is being turned on (with the rest off).

The fact that bugs me most, is that the NTC gets burning hut within seconds (you can smell it), whereas the same NTC does not get hot at all in the BOP. This leads me to believe something is wrong in the machine, not the breaker.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 224.99
$ 93.00
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mgpasman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside