IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2118 2 years ago

Just joined the club

20210709_111617 (resized).jpg20210709_111617 (resized).jpg
#2120 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Welcome!!! Looks like a nice example too!
Chris

Has some smaller hidden flaws but plays fine otherwise

Is it normal behaviour that there is some noticable 'clicking' noise every 4-5seconds from the speakers during attract mode? It is not related to the lamp Matrix nor to changing DMD content

Other question: shooter spring: changed mine to a stronger one so I can make the full left orbit shot and do the first trick immediately via the shooter plunge.
What spring strength is considered the correct one?

#2122 2 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Is it normal behaviour that there is some noticable 'clicking' noise every 4-5seconds from the speakers during attract mode? It is not related to the lamp Matrix nor to changing DMD content
Other question: shooter spring: changed mine to a stronger one so I can make the full left orbit shot and do the first trick immediately via the shooter plunge.
What spring strength is considered the correct one?

No one? Is your shooter strong enough for the full orbit shot or is that considered cheating as you immediately can do the first trick?

#2126 2 years ago

thank you guys for the replies!

For my clicking noise a created a new topic as it might be related to all Capcoms:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-pm-regular-clicking-noise-during-attract-mode#post-6386947

Let´s see if it´s only on my machine or it´s more common

1 month later
#2132 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Guys
Sol. Voltage percent.. What is the default for this? I'd have thought 100%? Mine was on 10!
[quoted image]
Same question for flipper strength... What is the sweet spot or intended setting?

It seems the solenoid percent setting DOES NOT influence the solenoid power
I assume if it is off more than the 10% adjusted one gets an error message

default is 10%

Just my guess-maybe someone else has better insight on that

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
4 months later
#2164 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

I can't fold the head down. The hinges hit the bolts holding the side rails in.
Is mine different or something?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Just put a washer between cabinet and hinge

20220116_102727 (resized).jpg20220116_102727 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2181 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Is this a machine that is on all the time? Just curious. I haven't had any issues with my power supply, but if you were I think your solution is well implemented. I'd just worry about dust, but looks good.
Chris

wondering the same. If you have resets there is another way to tackle the real issue

1 year later
#2307 10 months ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Would be great to get such a decal.
I bought a set in Canada or Australia via eBay. But this is the stuff from "Mykonos", this strange guy. It is only printed and the chrome is plottet.
Expensive and not looking nice. My printer told me that he can not print on chromefoil due the chrome would reflect its uv-printers printhead.

also interested in one of those decals for my PM...maybe we can get an envelope shipped to Europe

1 month later
#2351 8 months ago
Quoted from BMGfan:

Is there a custom size for Capcom shooter tips per chance?
I had one wear out and I replaced it, it cracked and split nearly immediately. I replaced it again, it split on the first ball launch.
I have one more of these left and don't reeeeeeally want my game down for a week or two because of a ****ing shooter tip.
Is there a special way to install them? It's just a push on right? I'm very confused I must say.

I think they are pretty much standard-I changed the spring on my shooter but did not notice any difference to other Williams/Bally games
Maybe the tips you installed were just old and crusty?

3 months later
#2376 5 months ago
Quoted from safaex:

Hello!
Not to cut the attention from the guy above but... is anyone with a PM and a OCD card willing to help me out? I'm having problems with my game and I'm trying to nail out if it's the OCD card or Driver Board, without having to reinsert all incandescent bulbs. If anyone's curious, the lights are flickering like crazy all of a sudden (after about 6 months of use), and sometimes the bottom half locks on temporarily and lights up in very random patterns. All tips test good (to the best of my testing capabilities).
What I need you to do is to disconnect J1 J4 J6 J9 from the Driver board (which at the other end connects to the OCD card), but nothing else. Restart the machine, and tell me if any bulbs are lit or not. On my machine, about half of all leds are lit. My hypothesis is that no bulbs should be lit since the game isn't instructing the OCD card to light anything, therefore probably a faulty OCD card.
Best regards

I have tested according to your instructions.
Surprisingly some LEDs are lit altough all row and column cables are disconnected (J1 J4 J6 J9)
See pic which LEDs are on-there are 2 or 3 of them which are flickering, all others permanently ON

20231121_173118 (resized).jpg20231121_173118 (resized).jpg20231121_173128 (resized).jpg20231121_173128 (resized).jpg
#2378 5 months ago
Quoted from safaex:

Thanks a lot, harig! Helps a lot with with troubleshooting. Yeah, I was quite surprised too that many LEDs were lit even if those connectors were disconnected, but with your info that seems to be normal. I'm in close contact with Gregory at Comet Pinball. Unfortunately, it is still leaning towards broken OCD and they have offered me a full refund. Their support has been stellar, can't say enough good things.

You are welcome !
To exclude the driver board causing the issue you could reconnect the 4 row/column cables going to the lamps back in to the driverboard directly (thus not using the OCD board)
If all lamps working normally then one could assume the OCD board broken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,100 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club?tu=harig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.