IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#334 8 years ago

Hello Everyone.

Can someone suggest a replacement/mod/fix for the plunger? I am almost never able to make the full loop on PM. I can make the hat shot but 95% of the time the ball just drops off the loop onto the pf.

The other question is when hitting the center loop(?), coming around the right orbit often just dumps the ball right down the middle.

Both of these are frustrating when just trying to enjoy a game of PM.

Thoughts or suggestions, please fire away!

#351 8 years ago

Hi All,

Thank you for the suggestions. The issue for the ball launch was indeed the plunger tip alignment to the pinball. It was quite off actually and I had to loosen up the assembly and shim up the bottom of the mount (outward, facing the player) so the plunger would hit the ball center (top to bottom) and shift the whole thing to the left so that it was centered left to right. If I pull back the plunger and snap it just a little it makes the loop every time! I'm glad to see this fixed as it was wearing very thin with us.

Now the next thing is the ridiculous center ball drain when making the center loop shot and it comes down the right loop straight into the $hitt3r.

1 week later
#357 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well this is usually do to an incorrect post being used at the end of that ball guide under the top hat. What post/rubber is there?

TheLaw, I think that you are bang on with this one. There were two things really, one was a small burr on the lane side of the ball guide, this I have filed down and the other is that post rubber. It's a blue one that Aurium added, when we shopped the pin. I'm not sure if I have a thinner post rubber but so far just taking off the burr has reduced the majority of drains now. I will search for a thinner rubber.

I also notice that the plunger is not sitting correctly, I have been adjusting it but I think that for this pin to play properly, the plunger should be perfectly centered with the ball, otherwise the ball doesn't make the habit trail properly. What have other owners here done to adjust this properly without having to shim the shooter housing (plate) from the front side of the cabinet?

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club?tu=dnaman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.