IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider caker137.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1527 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Quoted from wackenhut:
So I know there has been talk in the past regarding the ball exiting loop 1 and draining. Some have mentioned that the ball is supposed to go to the right flipper. Most of the time, mine actually deflects to the left flipper which is interesting. I think it is caused by a little button screw at the end of the right edge of the exit guide. I have taken a picture and circled it in blue.
[quoted image]

More
Interesting. Mine drains probably 80% of the time after the loop 1. It seems to really depend on the speed of the ball as to whether or not it makes it to a flipper or not (no rhyme or reason to it that I can find). Would love to know how to fix it consistently as it seems to be super annoying to players and turns them off of the game.

Chris

I posted this in a different thread but this worked for me and was not obvious. (It wasn't the rivet/button that caused the drain). Mine now works 100%:

Mine did this when I got it. It took a while to figure out what was causing it, but finally got it. The outer wall metal guide on the right orbit was a bit warped. There was a wave in it which sent the ball toward the center drain. The wave was in the middle of the right metal orbit wall. Here is the kicker: to make the ball deflect less left, you have to bend the metal orbit guide exit MORE to the left. Because of the way it is attached to the playfield by bending the end of the guide to the left, it pulls the middle of the guide to the right and trues up the path. Insert a slotted screwdriver between the end of the metal guide and the metal post (near the hat, has a rubber post sleeve) and pry the metal guide exit to the left. You'll see the center wall of the guide flex to the right. I know it's hard to explain but give it a try.

Ymmv

Craig

#1533 5 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

it must mean something going to the left flipper as being the correct way if both of ours are brand new.

I think it means the design was imperfect and they only made 1200, so they never really got it nailed down at the factory. Mine is far from worn, but needed the bend tweak. I think the biggest clue is that on machines where it feeds the left flipper, it hops off the rail. I've never seen an orbit shoot that's working right hop of the rail at the last minute.

1 week later
#1555 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

"shoot the full loop"

It awards super spinner if you shoot the full loop when told to do so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 209.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider caker137.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club?tu=caker137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.