IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 8 years ago

I bought my PM from a magician, beat that!

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Awesome I just hope her or she didn't try to make it disappear from you especially after you bought it!

Well there were a lot of disappeared parts I had to buy

1 week later
#75 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Cool!
Did you remove the mylar on the one you restored?

The only Mylar mine had was around the pop bumper, that came off easy with canned air

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

A tech question
When I lock a ball in the trunk there is a noticeable delay before the animation and sound bite happen.
Is that normal or do I have a switch out?

I think that's on all of them. I remember I mentioned it once and BR's did the same thing.

#125 8 years ago

It's linear but doesn't bother me at all

2 weeks later
#169 8 years ago

Mine is a total shit show right now...No DMD working, half matrix stuck on etc etc. It took me over a year to get it working the first time and after a move she's in rough shape. Sucks...but a great game

1 month later
#185 8 years ago

Isn't it just the spinner shot?

#187 8 years ago

Jeez that's all I remember. I don't have tear down pics at work but the only other option is a switch along the path behind the spinner.

#189 8 years ago

Yeah must be hiding behind the stage and all that jazz.

Is it just me, or does this machine have some of the BEST DMD animations?!!!

I like the Capcombo animation with Ryu

1 month later
#202 8 years ago

do you get a lot of hits on the pop bumper? I seem lucky if I get one or two.

One of the most active pops in any game. Do you have fresh white rubber in there? Helps to keep it banging off the wall and into pop.

Was it haed getting the stage out? I have to replace one of my stage doors and it seems a bit daunting

Hmm...do you have to take the whole stage out to get to the doors? I didn't think so but it's been awHile.

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Can someone do me a favor and take a picture of the post underneath the hat? I am putting my machine back together and I think it was wrong to begin with.

I think we should look in the manual for that one. I've seen it with both a post and a sleeve depending on machine (mine actually came with just a drywall screw in it).

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Also the floating ball is not very polished. Has anybody tried to polish it with luck? Or should I just buy a new one? I have seen a new one for $15, but the shipping is $37!
Axl

Quoted from Warbound:

I just took my whole stage apart so I coukd get the floating ball out. Mine was dull and not ver convincing of tricking player eyes. Now that I buffed and shined it up, it looks just like one of tbe pinballs entering.

Welcome aboard!

You'll find "the usual places" for Capcom parts also involve spare parts Australia
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/playfield-parts/aw00123-29.html

Or wait did you mean this one?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/AW00123-34

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

Since PM's playfield does not slide out like others do...

Yeah that's can be an issue at times for sure...anytime you're working around the stage. I've had to adjust my ramp switch back there many times and it's very awkward to work on the back corners.

2 months later
#253 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Finally getting my Pinball Magic game home today!
Is there any differences in the backbox size or how the backbox is mounted?
I guess i have to do like i have done with my other games, remove the backbox to get i though the door...
Axl

Shouldn't be any size difference

#261 8 years ago

Running whatever the latest is. Never looked for a way to shut off buy in...never bothered me before. Maybe I'll look when I get home.

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I am currently running code 1.02, so i really need to update it to the 1.12.
It also looks like there was a change in 1.06 that includes turning off buy in: B1-19 ALLOW BUY IN [YES-NO]

Quoted from TheLaw:

Running whatever the latest is.

Ah haaa...seems I am only running 1.07! 1.07 only goes up to B1-18.
Time for an upgrade it seems...good thing you mentioned it!

#266 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I always used pinballplace for roms but I am not sure he does capcom, where do you guys go for these.

I have dealt with actionrom before...but I would always try JohnWarrt @ pinballplace first
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=ROMS242

1 month later
#278 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Not sure what was going on.

Might be a setting of "allow initials" or something I thought I saw lately.

2 weeks later
#288 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

And LED flasher does not work here.

They don't really work anywhere

#290 8 years ago

Well that is possible. Impossible to tell without seeing in person if it actually looks good or not. And if it costs a few hundy like LED-OCD does (I think that's the correct price), there'll be plenty of people like myself not interested.

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that is true. Black Rose tried doing it, and it looks like ass. Never LED a capcom.

The flashers themselves go real wacky if you put LEDs in. They either fire all the time or never...it's a bad scene man.

1 month later
#317 8 years ago
Quoted from Starwriter:

Someday it will need to be replaced.

Luckily NVRAM works great

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballWizard101:

Do you mean you can just replace the SRAM with a NVRAM chip? What is the chip number?

Capcom

All Games(U14)

Use 6116/6264 specific version of anyPin NVRAM

http://lockwhenlit.com/anyPinlist.htm

I think I remember U14 IS NOT socketed so you'll have to deal with that

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

does it have to be replaced before it fails ?

I wouldn't think so.

#344 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Awaiting the new ramp from mantis, I need to remove my old one. How much of the other things a do I have to remove to get to it?
I am thinking, if I have to remove a lot, then I might as well do a play field top shop.
Axl

Just shop the whole thing. You have to take everything in the back off the machine to get a new ramp on...and that's the most complicated part of the tear down so you should just do it.

#347 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

@TheLaw thanks for the heads up, shopping it is then!

Have fun
The right side of the machine isn't too bad.
The left isn't too bad other then the trunk mechanism.
The middle (pops, critics) aren't tough just make sure you notice the correct order of pieces.

The Capcom issues come in at the back of the machine with the ramps and ball guides etc. Because of the way the PF lifts up it's a little annoying to get to some areas....can be tricky.

EDIT: Whatever you do, watch yourself when it comes to the wireforms! Don't go using brasso or anything weird on them.

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Now the next thing is the ridiculous center ball drain when making the center loop shot and it comes down the right loop straight into the $hitt3r.

Well this is usually do to an incorrect post being used at the end of that ball guide under the top hat. What post/rubber is there?

1 month later
#361 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Hi fellow club members!
If i upgrade the code to game rom Version: 1.12, do i also have to upgrade the sound roms?
Axl

Hmmm....I think I just remember replacing 1 chip.

1 month later
#398 7 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

Drop target springs for this ol girl ?
X
Thanks

Original part SG00118, replaced by 00125, all out of stock. You could try a 126 http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=SG00126

But probably many drop springs would work.

2 months later
#423 7 years ago

You often see the right stage curtain but not the left...bastards.

#426 7 years ago

Common breaking point. It's all under the PF, so it's common to tape/weld that area...should last a long time in home use

Edit: that is bad though...but you could sister that area with some lexan or something like that probably

#436 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

this is fixable. What I would do, is cut a clear piece just like that entire lower section and a little up from that. Glue the broken piece together, then reinforce the clear piece on the back of that. Glueing the clear piece directly to the current piece. Redrill the mounting holes and remount. Will never break again. I'd do it to the other side while you have it apart, so you never have to take it apart again.

That's what I said, but I think he's looking for a project?

8 months later
#594 6 years ago

I can make a video if this doesn't make sense.

You probably should just to so a kindness to the world. Wish I would have known aboot this the 2 PM tear downs I did!

1 month later
#689 6 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Hey guys, odd question but are the backbox lights individual sockets or a giant pcb?

Giant PCB

1 week later
#710 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Little help please :
In diagnostics C3 which button allows you to move the ball elevator ... Up & Down for testing?

The start button should be the "action" button.

#713 6 years ago

pretty sure yes

#716 6 years ago

Sweet Flipper mod Dung!

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Any one have any idea on potential value?

The same as a production PM

1 month later
#821 6 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

How about that. I have an Italian version as well with the ticket dispenser. It was covered with a fob thing and when I removed it, someone had filled the hole with putty. I'm in the process of trying to tidy it up - either paint over it or drill it out back to original. Good timing with you photo which I can use to recreate art.

It can be done....check this out

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-owners-pic-needed

#823 6 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Thanks. I was the last poster in that thread but had forgotten about it. Such a good result. What sort of paint did you use for the purple?

I wish I knew...sadly all the details where the sister in law whom's no longer a sister in law so we'll never know

1 month later
#858 6 years ago

You LED a pop bumper?

1 week later
#880 6 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

I wanted to know how others feel about the color of powder coating.

Is it bad to do them in a different color like yellow or purple?

Or is it best to try and keep it original. I know it all comes down to personal preference, but don't want to have a hard time reselling someday if I decide to. Thanks.

Lots of people love powder coating all sorts of colors

Lots of people will enjoy the look. I will think it looks like shit. Which shouldn't matter to you. Although Yellow is by far the worst color you could have picked IMO. Purple makes sense.

It all comes down to what you try to get out, what you put in. If you try to charge someone more because your powder coating coasted more it will be harder to sell. How much harder? whom knows.

1 month later
#928 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I can’t get the vanish opto to work. The opto test shows no problems. Any ideas would be welcome.
I am trying to find the replacement boards, anyone know where to get them?

You can use Williams opto boards i believe. That wire doesn;t even look attached to the lead....did you try resoldering them?

"Replacement Capcom Optos.
Williams optos (receiver and transmitter) work well in Capcom games. It may be necessary to replace both the receiver and transmitter, but I am not sure about that. See the WPC repair guide for more information on Williams optos. Capcom used the T1 3/4 type LED style optos, as Williams used in their ball troughs. "

More info if you didn't already read...there's an opto section

http://www.pinrepair.com/capcom/

#930 6 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

It was showing wierd things then nothing. What should I look for to get this going again. Thanks.

My guess would be a ribbon cable.
Pull down the speaker DMD panel and take off/reset the connectors on there. Be careful all those little pins can be fragile. Just go slowly and make sure they're all lined up well.

#932 6 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

I will give that a try. I see your from A2. Lived there for 36 years. Go Blue!

I hate UofM But i still wish you luck sir

3 weeks later
#965 6 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

So where do you guys source parts?

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Try Pinball Spare Parts Australia...

yeah Australia is our goto for hard to find parts, but make sure you have a full order in because of how far it is. Just know a lot of things don;t need to be Capcom specific like optos etc

#988 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Is this a full playfield or a sticker?

as far as I know Mirco only makes PFs

2 weeks later
#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I really appreciate the lighting effects in Pinball Magic - particularly the slow, dark, progressive brightness ramp lighting effect.
For those who have installed an LED-OCD board, do you lose the 'feel' of some of these effects when going to LEDs?
What settings did you use? default 85% did you modify?
In the comparison video here:
» YouTube video, the ambient light of the leds is higher (which is nice) but the dark->bright transition differs (suffers?) quite a bit.
Do you think the camera may be compensating, making it look brighter on the video than it does in person? I'm assuming this might be possible since I've not read any disappointed posts (or even partially disappointed posts)

I'm installing it now, but I haven't touched any of the software so I'm not ready to make an "official" post. I can tell you fresh out of the box there is ghosting in a few spots, and still noticeable flickering when dimming BUT I haven't fine tuned it so we shall see.

1 week later
#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Joined the club. Always a favorite machine of mine. Just wish I could replace the center apron decal. It is the Achilles heel on my machine and nearly impossible to find it seems. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Page 20

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club/page/20#post-4147576

3 weeks later
#1040 6 years ago

They are listed out of stock.
Although you might want to shoot them an email to ask.

1 month later
#1061 6 years ago

kits suck ass. I tried a few colors in the "Magic" drop inserts and none of them looked original so i stayed with incandecents there

#1068 6 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I'm confused. Looks like I bought a LEDOCD, but they also make a GIOCD? Do I need both?
BobC

If you bought one for Capcom, you have the correct one.
Capcoms are all in one.

Long story: Capcom has no "gi" and every lamp is controlled within 2 matrix...matrixs...maricxii?
That's why they are more expensive.

1 week later
#1074 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sure it's the springs? Had this issue and the problem was the worn down lift plate

Oh man those lift plates can be worn down to nubs for sure.

https://mantispinball.com/product/pinball-magic-5bank-lifter-plate/

3 weeks later
#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from Backdoc01:

Hi guys, Anybody have some advice on polishing the gold Wire forms?

ATTENTION

Brasso took my brass/gold coating right off my wireforms.

1 week later
#1121 5 years ago
Quoted from lemmsoil:

Playfield gradient? Anyone know what the factory % was, and or best % for normal play?
Thanks

standard DMD 6.5

#1125 5 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

Can this be fixed? Or needs replacing?

Might as well fix it. Doesn't have to be pretty, juts has to work.

2 months later
#1205 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Does it flicker?

Cant use LEDs without OCD board

#1207 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

There is a video on you tube that BR used Cointaker alert 2's and it seemed to work fine. I'm just wondering the best route to go.

"work fine" is relative I guess. If you want the fading effects to remain you have to use a OCD. You can see in his video they do not come close to fading smoothly; They stutter on & off. Sadly that's the facts, but the OCD works pretty well although it takes awHile to tweek it, and it aint exactly cheap

#1209 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'll agree that it isn't cheap. I'd like to able to lower the price and make them more accessible. Unfortunately...

Yup.
Really what I mean is with Capcom you cant choose the GI or Controlled because they're all the same...so you're forced to "buy both" because of it's design, not your pricing

#1216 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

How about pinstadium kits?

Do you have trouble seeing your Pinball Magic when you play it? Using LEDS/OCD 8s going to make the whole thing even brighter so I don't really get the point of pinstadium.

#1219 5 years ago

Huh, cool design I guess.

20180720_234505 (resized).jpg20180720_234505 (resized).jpg
#1221 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did your wide ribbon cable come loose from the driver board or MPU?

Not sure, I feel like it worked after this error but it was late and i was drunk so i'll take a look thanks.

2 months later
#1232 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Who's got a left ramp for me?
Big one that goes to upper left playfield.

Umm....er....sure you got the right game?

1 month later
#1264 5 years ago

Pinball Magic I think is the only one...although I may get a newer one for my Wh20 at some point.

#1269 5 years ago

Ahhh...I looked I couldn't figure out what the hell it was either

4 weeks later
#1295 5 years ago

So, I did a thing........
[quoted image]
To:
[quoted image]

Good job, welcome to 1995

3 months later
#1571 4 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Does anyone know to silence the critics if it matters which hole you drop the ball in from the wand? The second one (farther travel out from the wand) does not end up working, but the switch is good in test mode.

Hmm...make sure they're wired correctly/not flipped and the second one is actually triggering the second switch? Never had an issue on mine so just spitballing here

#1573 4 years ago

Remember the old saying "Never use your finger when you could be using your balls."

3 weeks later
#1590 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Anything in particular I need to know when shopping the game?

Well I believe there is a secret position you can put the PF in to access it better. I have never done it though honestly, and forgot aboot it the last one I shopped out. It isn't horrible just a bit annoying to get to the back of the PF...let me look.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club/page/10#post-3316747 <---look at post 482 a few down as well.

Other than that the game itself is very slow reacting when you lock a ball...it doesn;t register for a few seconds, so don't go thinking that's an issue.

4 weeks later
#1621 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Is it possible my game really only has 107 plays?[quoted image]

nope

#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Is that just how many plays since a factory reset??

That's a good question. Rom upgrade would do it...shipped with 1.02 I believe.
I mean anything is possible...

3 months later
#1679 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Just posted in the marketplace and open to offers as no idea how to price it, but a full stage door assembly for PM[quoted image]

WEll i'll give you this much, you got a serious collection of odds and ends

Get ready to get a bunch of PMs just wanting the left stage door. If you have the plastic piece that covers the front PCB bulbs you've struck gold

5 months later
#1710 4 years ago

bumper to work correctly. Would like to see a working one to see how much of a difference it makes.
Chris

That puppy should be kicking the crap out of the ball
EDIT; Well this one is a bit excessive

1 week later
#1735 4 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

If you go OCD and LED do you still get the cool fading effects?

Yes, remember it is both "Gi" and controlled, takes some tweaking with the program IMO. The LEDs will still show as errors.

Next issue is that my wand is not working properly. Moves back and forth in test but not in game and starts on the right side so balls dont lock.

Does it know whats left and right in test mode? Does it go to the 2 areas; Lock & Critics?

#1739 4 years ago

"GI" in quotations

The wand ut not th lost graceful thing in test mode, so I'm not overly concerned.
I'm mostly wondering if the movement is reversed, so it starts a gake on the right and thinks it's on the left

#1773 4 years ago

It's a good feeling when you novus that thick ball trail off the captive ball area!

Not that anyone would, but let's all remember not to use brasso on the wireforms

#1783 3 years ago

I am 99% sure they are the same so I have one on order. I will follow up when I receive it
Chri

Sorry Chris I was waiting to heat an answer, because I need the very same bracket! Ives just doing some work on mine, and noticed my drop target coil is missing that exact part, pretty random.
Where did you order yours from?

#1787 3 years ago

Just realized I am missing this post. Do you guys still have it on yours? Should I bother replacing it or is it just going to break off again?[quoted image]

Must be to protect bulbs. I'll stick a post in there!

Probably there to stop the ball getting stuck during Silence the Critics; replace it as Mine's never had an issue

#1791 3 years ago

That's a resister.

#1795 3 years ago

And I'm an idiot. .

That's OK, you probably actually know how to spell resistor unlike me

To that point - would the resistor make it not show up in the switch test if it wasn’t supposed to be there?

I wouldn't think so...but is it not showing up? does it work during gameplay/test?

#1814 3 years ago

Fuses fuses fuses

?

2 months later
#1914 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

My plunger doesn't slide as freely as I like.

Put some napatha on a rag and jer....er, rub it down.

3 weeks later
#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from Rusty_balls:

Have no fear guys PSPA is an outstanding company all parts will arrive eventually

Agreed, always done everyone right as far as I know.

2 months later
#1972 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

What is the original bulb that is supposed to go inside the ring on the magic want hand?

green condom'd 44

2 months later
#2022 3 years ago

See, drinking all night and sleeping in wins again!

2 months later
#2046 3 years ago

Yeah LEDOCD is an option, I've had a rough go with it though.

3 months later
#2075 2 years ago

My first thought as well

3 weeks later
#2091 2 years ago

The back is a bitch...but then again I never tried the secret PF resting position...if you can find it in the thread

#2093 2 years ago

*POOF*

20210615_201718.jpg20210615_201718.jpg20210615_201736.jpg20210615_201736.jpg
#2095 2 years ago

I would love to see a video of this!!!

Just tilt the PF up a bit, then pull it toward you a bit, which allows the back to be tilted up.
Give it a try, although hold on tight

#2101 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

.. video position to the law picture is just a matter of lifting the back of the playfield.

Correct

#2104 2 years ago

Ha that is def incorrect. It is a metal post

#2107 2 years ago

I'll have to look at it when I get home, this game likes to use posts that are hard to find.
Edit: post above should do the trick

3 weeks later
#2123 2 years ago
Quoted from harig:

No one? Is your shooter strong enough for the full orbit shot or is that considered cheating as you immediately can do the first trick?

Mine goes all the way thru very smooth...free 1st trick but no chance at still shot evens it out

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!
Playfields
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.