IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Starwriter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#303 8 years ago

Find someone in your local area that does very nice TIG welding. Ask to see an example of their work. I have a guy that TIG welds all my broken ramps better than they originally were. TZ and Shadow are common for breaking. There is no need to buy new ramps when they break at the welds or cheesy bent over and spot welded tabs. On my TZ, I also had him weld a tab on the side of the scoop to back up the target that bends and causes air balls.

#316 8 years ago

In addition to all the light stuff, the things that impress me are actual speaker enclosures in the backbox, a piano hinge for the speaker panel, and the battery backed SRAM for retaining settings and high scores. Unfortunately they didn't put the SRAM in a socket. Someday it will need to be replaced.

2 months later
#368 8 years ago

It looks to me like it might be the wrong spring. It doesn't look stretched at all in that pick.

1 month later
#403 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBertl:

Anyone around who tried LED Ocd board in his PM? Any experiences?
Pls share!

You can skip to page 2 for all the very positive feedback.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-ocd-for-capcom

2 months later
#420 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Anyone know if replacement curtain pieces are available for the stage? I've poked around the net but didn't find any.

They're hard to find. They do pop up occaisionally on ebay or here on Pinside. There's currently an ebay auction with a bunch of parts from Brazil. They don't look like they're in very good shape.
ebay.com link: Capcom Pinball Magic lot of used plastics and Stage assembly

Edit: I guess the ebay link isn't going to work. Just search ebay.

#427 7 years ago

Before I started collecting my NOS spare plastics, I made my own right stage curtain. I cut out a piece of polycarbonate the exact shape of the curtain. Then I took the broken one to Kinkos and had it color laser copied. He then played around with the enlargement till he got the size to match. Apparently the color copier changes the print slightly size to discourage counterfitting. When he got the size right, he printed it on adhesive paper. I stuck it to my new curtain and then covered that with whatever clear adhesive laminating or whatever it is that they sell at Kinko's. It matched the left curtain very well.

#430 7 years ago

At first, I thought those were bullet holes in the playfield and then I realized it was just the reflection from the lightboard.

You're lucky that you have Pinball Spare Parts Austrailia right in your neighborhood. They have a lot of Capcom parts. Should help with a lot of the obscure parts that don't normally wear out and need replacing. You have to wonder what someone did with those missing parts.

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Is your replacement still in your machine, holding up? Also, do you remember what thickness you used? Same as the original pieces, or did you go thicker? I have some .062" and .093".

Yep, it's still in the pin. Polycarbonate is pretty much unbreakable. Even though I now have several NOS curtains, it hasn't been on my priority list to change it out. And, no, none of my NOS spare parts are for sale.

I don't remember what thickness I used. Probably about the same as the original curtain. I probably used a sabre saw (Some people call it a jigsaw). Polycarbonate doesn't file well, so it's best to use a die grinder with a sharp carbide bur for the inside corners. A bench grinder isn't the proper tool for the outside corners, but it works if you don't get the plastic too hot.

#445 7 years ago

Wow, that guys nuts!!!! I wouldn't give a dime over $1500 for that thing.

1 month later
#483 7 years ago

Pinball Magic cabinet decals on Ebay. I can't believe they scanned a worn cabinet and didn't bother to recreate the boy's feet near the flipper buttons. Jeez!

ebay.com link: itm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Starwriter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club?tu=Starwriter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.