IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfidel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2162 2 years ago

Hello everyone.

Welp, I'm picking up a beautiful example of PBM tomorrow from a great pin brother here on Pinside. Shout out to you "Frogman" my friend!

Side note: I hate saying "PM" because every time I see it, my brain says..."Private Message". Lol So the B breaks that up for me.

That said, it took me 3 days, but I read through every single solitary post made in this forum thread to get better acquainted with all things PBM & Capcom. Thank you to Wesley for starting the club.

I must admit that Im loaded with excitement to own a PBM, but also admit a lot of nervousness as it's obviously a very temperamental machine (that unfortunately has driven some here mental) and parts for the title are getting harder & harder to come by.

Thank God for all the great current & past owners here who really have banded together to help anyone with issues or parts needs. From Chris's great playfield lift out tutorial to all of Shenanigans (who btw has an awesome YouTube channel you have to subscribe to for all things pinball) awesome and helpful vids, to guys having parts made for everyone, to Bryan Hansen of Capcom, JJ & APB fame & one of the game's actual designers & engineers himself being on here, to every single person in between. You've all been great & I appreciate you all for all the help, knowledge & solutions you share. They'll help people out with their machines decades down the road & long after we're gone.

I look forward to being in the club & helping others out in anyway that I can.

Thanks Everyone!
Derek.

2 weeks later
#2166 2 years ago

I'm thinking about removing the playfield out of my Pinball Magic. Anyone remove the playfield out of their Pinball Magic? If so, what did you do to get it out?

I wish all machines had an easy system of wire connectors like RFM & SWEP1. Just remove a few connectors and pull the playfield up and out. Easy peaze.

#2168 2 years ago

Hey Chris.

Thanks for that welcome my friend.

Yes, I saw your awesome pf video. It actually was helpful to see how it came forward or up and rested on the back hinge plate.

I've removed playfields before and they're a pain. I've done Hurricane, Baby Pac-Man and RFM for cabinet restoration. I sand everything down, fix and fill damage, paint a primer coat, sand them smooth, paint 2 coats of finish and then re-decal them. It's an arduous process to say the least, but the end results are amazing.

I'd like to do the same with PBM, but the way the pf screws into its pivot bolts worries me. Not just for getting it out, but far tougher will be getting it back in and trying not to scratch everything up. So I was hoping someone would say what tricks they did to get it out and back in again.

1 month later
#2194 2 years ago

Hey all.

Quick question... I redid the inside of the cabinet on my machine. While doing so, I came across a green ground wire in the back of the machine that isn't connected to anything.

There is a 2nd green ground wire exactly like it on the other side (right side) of the machine and that ground screws into the ground braid at the very back corner in between the leg bolts.

Can someone please look in the back of their machine to see if they have green ground wires screwed into both back corners of the machine, that go right into the ground braid?

Here are some pics.

The pic with the red arrow is the ground screwed into the ground braid between the leg bolts.

The picture of my hand holding the wire is the ground on the left side of the cabinet. I believe it should be scrwed into the ground braid wire between the leg bolts on the left side.

The other 2 pics show what I did. I painted it 2 coats of the correct purple and then my daughter had the idea to install a cosmic decal inside to go with the magic theme. I said it's more a space themed decal, but whatever she wants. It looks cool and I'm happy with it.

Anyway, I appreciate any help and thank you all in advance.

Screenshot_20220309-155551_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220309-155551_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220309-155558_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220309-155558_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220309-155631_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220309-155631_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220309-155637_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220309-155637_Gallery (resized).jpg
#2195 2 years ago

I should've added this picture off of Amazon. It's the decal my daughter picked out.

Now, I know how to install decals. I wish I could've removed the playfield and speaker and everything else inside and installed the decal in one piece. It would've looked awesome, but with the wires all dangling down and the transformer and speaker in the way, there was no way I could do it. The idea was that when you lift the playfield, you could fall into it. Lol Kids!

Screenshot_20220309-160524_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220309-160524_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#2197 2 years ago

Oh wow, I wouldn't have thought that.

Thanks for that info Dave. I appreciate you checking for me.

I'm going to wait to see what others say before I hook it to the right side. I would think that either side shouldn't matter, as long as it's grounded, but let's see how it is in a few other members machines.

I won't play a game till I get that grounded though. Don't want to damage anything.

Thanks again Dave.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 209.00
8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfidel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club?tu=Pinfidel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.