IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#363 8 years ago

Not if you have the current, latest release sound roms.

Quoted from Axl:i upgrade the code to game rom Version: 1.12, do i also have to upgrade the sound roms?

1 year later
#663 6 years ago

Took 3 years....but found some Magic last Sunday at Pin a Go Go. Purchased the Steve Charland Pinball Magic, been folded up for 8 years. Needs a major major shop job before playing it. Afraid ball will scratch field there is so much dust.
Very Happy, cant wait to play it.

20170521_130325 (resized).jpg20170521_130325 (resized).jpg

#665 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Tilt toppers has now been paid to create a topper for this game , again any input would be greatly appreciated

It needs to look like a stage. This machine is putting on a show we are apart of. Stage proscenium , needs depth. It also needs the butterfly ladies on the stage doors perhaps facing the other way flanking the sides.
Ill have more later.

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you want the butter fly girls facing out, because they are pushing the curtain open. <----- ------->

I was thinking they would be on the sides, waiting to close the curtain.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

My sister made me a topper for my birthday one year. You can't see that she painted some stars on the inside back wall. I need to try and dimly light up the inside somehow.

That looks amazing, great idea with the frame.

#680 6 years ago

Did you check what ROM version you have in the game? I hope it is at least v1.0.6 so you don't have an issue with the ball getting stuck at the elevator/stage.

I was reading down the page and just got to your post.
I will check mine, been building a Marcos cart.
Ive been working like a mad dog. No time to work on machine, barely had time to look at.

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I just wanted to give a shout of THANKS to TecumsehPlissken, The LEDOCD board you sent works perfectly with the game. I am extremely happy!

I need to get one of these boards!

1 week later
#702 6 years ago

What game ROM version do you have installed?

Ive noticed John Wart is off the grid. I wish him well. Thought about calling, but resisted the urge. Ive had a paid order out for a month for an updated W?D after fixing my cpu. But on second thought, let me get the kid to school and give him a try and add pinball magic roms we talked about on previous page.

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I want a Laseriffic topper for PM AND Airborne

I 2nd the topper idea!
Joe had mentioned he was working on one.

Quoted from transprtr4u:Dan at tilt toppers is working on mine now!

Thats awesome news to, anxious to see it and i wonder if will have two to choose from soon?

1 week later
#744 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

That's cool. Now if I can find a way to get mine home.

Ummm, go rent a truck and get it now. How cool you got Bryan's machine. Congrats.
$$??

1 week later
#752 6 years ago

Who bought one of those Marcos pinball magic main ramp assemblies???
.....And decided you dont want to install it, thought it would be a nice spare?
Well, still sitting in box ill gladly take it off your hands.
I actually need one aftet starting my shop job.
Please pm me with good news.
Paypal you today!!
Thanks Eric

#755 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Which ramp assembly do you mean? Do you have a part #?
Chris

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-00304-1

This ramp. My entrance is shattrred on leading edge.

1 week later
#778 6 years ago

Anyone have an extra multiplier value plastic above stage doors?
Not the green piece with lights, but the one that mounts to the green piece. 1/2 inch by 4 inches.
Thanks mine is cracked.
PM me with any good news.
Also looking for midfield left plastic under trunk. Apparently its the unobtanium plastic.
All venders sold out.

20170720_111639 (resized).jpg20170720_111639 (resized).jpg
20170720_111704 (resized).jpg20170720_111704 (resized).jpg

#783 6 years ago

I checked my "Extras" stash and unfortunately don't have either of those
Chris

Hey, thanks for looking!
Ive always liked unicorns.

#785 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

which board do you use, the one for Williams games? got a link?

Led OCD, google search gives you website.
The board is $239 plus ship.
Its on my list. But let me sell some parts to finance.

#786 6 years ago

Lets talk game roms please.
I want to get the new 1.2 game rom. Do i need to replace all 4 game roms and what is it, 3 sound roms?
Or just the one game code upgrade?
Thanks , bringing this girl back to life its on my next order of parts.

3 weeks later
#829 6 years ago

Clarification please!
I have all original factory roms. There are 8 roms on Marcos website.
Which one's should i get?

2 weeks later
#838 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Fixed it. Took the new Marco eproms out and put in new Action Pinball eproms in. Works perfect.

Which one's did you replace?
Could you please give me a list?
Thanks so much, Eric.

#841 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Game ROM U1H 1.12
Game ROM U1L 1.12

Thank you very much!

#844 6 years ago

Ericpinballfan, are you having a problem with your game?

The game is under restore and in pieces. The original roms, i believe factory originals are just black with no markings.
Just upgrading.
Thanks for info.
Post above makes me wonder thou, not to buy from Marcos.

1 month later
#863 6 years ago

Did you get that 5 bank drop magic from cliffy?? Need that.

1 week later
#895 6 years ago

Its back on this thread somewhere, a year ago maybe. Ill try and find it.
DONT PULL MYLAR...unless your an absolute expert and done it several times. Same holds true with system 11 games. Just dont, best said above, if it aint broke. Plenty of polish techniques, no need.

1 week later
#911 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Anyone else seen a bug where the game-over music plays forever? Mine has the 1.12 ROMS in it and right now it is going on 23 minutes of non-stop game-over music.

You could just start another game....

#914 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

LOL, I did eventually just to shut it up after about 45 minutes. I'm not really complaining because I do love the game, just wondered if it is a version specific bug.

Im very curious if you get an answer. I will say attract music for 45 min isnt normal. Anybody else?

1 month later
#942 6 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

Got this in the mail today. Can't wait to install. Thanks Cliffy's.

How did you order?

2 weeks later
#959 6 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

Hey gents, can I hang out in the clubhouse now?

Yes, welcome!

#986 6 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

. I know that the optos from williams games can be used. Any idea if the same ones used in my TOTAN would work?

Yes, will work.
Micro playfields in Germany might be making one by end of 2018. I asked them personally at show and its on the list.

#998 6 years ago

Oh geez, i better get one, feeling left out.
+1/Ca USA.

2 weeks later
#1012 6 years ago

Anyone Know the size of the Clear Acrylic captive ball?
Way bigger than a pinball.

1 week later
#1015 6 years ago

No one know the size of the captive ball?
I cant get to pin for a couple of weeks.
I have a chance to buy these captive balls but want to make sure of size.
Thanks.

#1019 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

If you don't get an answer ... PM me and I will get the ball out from under the plastic to measure... Bit of a pain in the butt , but willing to help...

Thanks. I know its a hassel to get to. Im just not going to be home to do it till wed. But seriously, its not urgent. I will and can get to it later. Surprised it's not in manual.
I have nice calipers to get the right measurement to.

What seems to be the problem?

Mine is all scratched up and ugly.
I have a chance to get some nice one's all polished up and great replacement. Also, captive ball pinball size for other games like TZ or ToTan.

I can post back price once i get accurate size. Without pulling it out im guessing 1 1/2".

#1021 6 years ago

I seem to remember the clear balls were available somewhere. Of course, I might be remembering something from 5 years ago.

Went looking, havent seen them from any of the usual suspects.

1 week later
#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Eric,
Sorry for the delay,Jack has my game on loan and he was nice enough to get you the info.1.25"

Thank Jack again for me. You sir, get a Free Captive ball. I'll make sure to find you at Arcade Expo.

1 week later
#1030 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Eric,
Sorry for the delay,Jack has my game on loan and he was nice enough to get you the info.1.25"

Clear acylic captive balls are in.
These are the correct size for game, bigger than a pinball.
Let me know if you would like one or 2. Limited supply. $5 each, plus $4 USA shipping in small box not a padded envelope, that just doesnt work, thus the $4 shipping.
Pm me directly, that way i catch a request better. Thanks.

20180214_092248 (resized).jpg20180214_092248 (resized).jpg

#1032 6 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

I know thats how to activate the lock, so I wonder why mine isnt doing that. Like I said i can make my first shot of the game and if it goes up the left ramp it goes to LOCK BALL. What would be the fix so that I have to hit the three lock ball targets to activate LOCK BALL. Thanks.

I'm thinking your game may be on an easy mode in programming. Do you have the most up to date cpu roms?

#1038 6 years ago

Only ONE captive ball left if anyone is interested. Those went fast. Don't think i would bother to buy a bunch again, well if there is enough interest i would.
1 captive ball left. Pm me if intetested.
Thanks to the 5 guys that paid quick and wanted a captive ball. Wrapping them up now and will send tracking soon.

2 weeks later
#1042 6 years ago

Clear acylic captive balls are in...Again!
I ordered a first batch and they were so popular I sold my last 2 keepers and ordered more.
These are the correct size for game, bigger than a pinball.
Let me know if you would like one or 2. Limited supply. $5 each, plus $4 USA shipping in small box not a padded envelope, that just doesnt work, thus the $4 shipping.
Pm me directly, that way i catch a request better.
Thanks Eric

20180214_092248 (resized).jpg20180214_092248 (resized).jpg

#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Bump for a great seller... As advertised the balls came nicely packaged, and surprisingly fast from Cali to Canada... Nice to replace the dented and scratched one with shiny new!
Enough ball talk!
Bump

Thank you,
Nice kind words about my balls!

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I hope you wash them first!

They are really nice polished balls. Yes, i send by balls out very clean.

#1048 6 years ago

I got mine as well and they are great! Eric's balls are smooth and shiny. Wait.......
Chris

Thanks Chris. Saw your cats pic helping out. Then i saw Riverboat gambler and remembered i sold you center drop plastic last year to.
Bump, 10 clear shiny balls left.

1 week later
#1051 6 years ago
Quoted from JReedie:

Im excited to be joining the Pinball Magic club today. Mine just got delivered today and i cant wait to get it set up! ericpinballfan would you be willing to ship a ball to the UK? The ball in my game is a total mess

Congrats on some Magic.
Of course i will ship ball. We should talk by mail and see if you need anything else. I have trunk full of magic.

1 month later
#1088 6 years ago

All the Capcom pins are well designed and manufactured. Shame we only got 4 titles, hard to count Kingpin, even rgou there is a remake coming.

#1092 6 years ago

I like that several of us have both Pinball Magic and Houdini here.
BobC...if playfield and cabinet are nice I just saw one sell for $4900 down in so cal.

#1096 6 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Well...I already agreed to sell mine for $4000.
It should be set up for coin play at the Flipperroom in Concord California in a couple weeks
Thanks!
BobC

Well congrats, going to a good home.

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from lemmsoil:

Woot! Just brought home my PM! It’s going to be a fun weekend!

Congrats. Welcome to the Magic.

#1105 5 years ago

DO NOT USE BRASSO!
Redacted as to not damage wire forms.
Thelaw, noted and fixed.

1 month later
#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sooner or later it will happen!

Indeed, sooner or later.
Its not so much the power tap from Kim.
Its power flow.

#1173 5 years ago

The Sigma ColorDMD support for Capcom games is an issue. Randy needs a Capcom game to make it right. A friend of mine, with a Breakshot, and I, with a Pinball Magic are considering shipping our games to him. I know I can get a 2 for 1 shipping to him for about $490 total using the Beltmann Group. Wishing someone much closer is willing to loan Randy a game.

Oh god NO- Have you spoken with Randy, or is this just an Idea?
I'm in OC league here in So Cal with both Randy and Chris. Thank You for bold offer and Generosity. Very commendable!
However, we have it covered.
All Capcom games are available here between members of our club.
BBB, Breakshot, Pinball Magic, KingPin(yes, 1 of the original 9)
Trust me, (cough), they are working on it. Just takes time.
I'm also one of the Beta-Testers for several Titles. Hope you like all of Eric's work on Black Rose and Gilligan. I bugged colorDmd for 2-3 years to get those Titles' done. Colorization doesn't grow on trees.

#1175 5 years ago

I spoke with Randy about the Sigma support. Shipping is an idea at this time, but I am planning on talking with him about it.

Its your money and pins. But really not necessary. Maybe Chris and Randy should talk since Chris and I discussed this Sunday.
Im only 30 min drive from both. If Randy wants he can borrow PM for couple months from me.

1 month later
#1211 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'll agree that it isn't cheap. I'd like to able to lower the price and make them more accessible. Unfortunately, part of that comes from the fact that there just aren't many Capcom machines out there. That means there's not much demand for the boards.
I had 25 Capcom LED OCD boards built over a year ago. Having 50 built, they would have been a good bit less expensive, but even at 25, I still have 5 left. They are likely the last 5 since I don't want to invest in another build that will sit on the shelves. It sucks, but that's how it goes in a niche market.

3 Left- Been putting it off and your post, well, made me finally pull the trigger!

2 months later
#1231 5 years ago

Who's got a left ramp for me?
Big one that goes to upper left playfield.

1 week later
#1237 5 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

I had this issue a while ago and I couldn’t work it out either. I reseated all the connectors and it went away. I’m not sure if it will come back but it seems I was chasing the wrong end of the fault by pulling apart the trunk.

It isn't the trunk if switches register. Most always data at the cpu. So you did the right thing.

1 month later
#1263 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Hoping for in order :
Pinball Magic
Airborne
Breakshot

It will happen in.....time.
I think in 2019 we will see at least one of those titles. If I'm truly guessing, then Breakshot.

#1267 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Anyone know what this is? The box looks about the right size to hold a complete plastics set. I need one and was going to just buy it, but I thought I'd check here. It's from a dutch company in 1995... Never heard of Elam Group, but they manufacture slots etc. like Bally. I'm suspicious because the guy's been trying to sell it since August.
ebay.com link » 1995 Pinball Magic Elam Group Nib New In Box Capcom

Indeed- Puzzle of the translight. Been up on ebay for a long time.

4 weeks later
#1294 5 years ago

So, I did a thing........
[quoted image]
To:
[quoted image]

Has it helped?

#1297 5 years ago

Another 2 months before he plays it to let us know.

Mine's been getting some action. More to come...
Wink, wink.

1 month later
#1404 5 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

Only good if your in the US ! Last time I ask about this I was told thay do not ship overseas ! @#$/&amp;&amp;*$$# !
I keep my cash

I wonder if its a power box issue??
One of us could mail one to you, I'd be willing to do it.

#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

240v in and them step down to the same voltage
As yours.
Most likely its the shipping costs! Sending over all that water to get to Australia.
Bayside was the same $16us for the pinball magic black hat $90us shipping. Thats a kick in balls I pass on !
Maybe Someone posting it out be the way go.
I put a call out after a few projects done.

Mate of mine is in Canberra. I ship to him twice a year. I have one part for him now. Waiting on a few more. Will talk in weeks to come. I just shipped an Fathom apron to him few months back. Had some extra's in box.
Cost , $68 usd

#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

It looks like they are only offering LED... Is that correct?

Well as of today. But, LCD will be coming soon!!
Promise, ummm. Lets just say I know this first hand.
Special props to Dave Timmer and his dedication coloring PM. Also to the beta testers.

3 weeks later
1 week later
#1510 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Has anyone tried fitting LCD ColorDMD? I know the issue is physical compatibility, but how bad is it: would a workaround be possible, or is it near impossible?

How patient are you?
The colordmd gang is on it now.

3 weeks later
#1577 4 years ago
Quoted from PSPA:

thankyou
mark

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Thank you... you and your team have been spot on with my orders , the choice of product is there and I appreciate your fair shipping prices....
All the best...all the time

Agreed. Not just Pinball Magic, but PSPA was the ONLY place I could find some off the wall stuff for our Airborne machine. Great people to deal with!
Chris

Ive had several good orders from PSPA over the years. They were also the only one at the time that had several PM plastics I needed.

On a side note. I have over 30 capcom boards I will be testing in my PM over the next month.
I will post here first for members of the club before listing elsewhere. Please wait, no Pm's yet. Let me see what works first.
Thanks.

#1585 4 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Thank you. And where do you buy the programmed Rom?

The Game roms are free. You need only purchase a display. If you already have a display go to this link to determine which version you have. Then click that version and look for game name, then download file to usb stick at least 4gb. I prefer 8gb memory stick.

https://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

2 weeks later
#1586 4 years ago

Its always something.....
Wonder why my knocker isnt doing its job?
Stage opto isnt happy, and stage diverter needs some love.
I have so may small fixes on at least 7 of my pins. Problem with large collection.

1 week later
#1604 4 years ago

This is how I do it when I need to:

Chris

Yes, Very Helpful!!
Thanks for posting video!!

3 months later
#1632 4 years ago

Plan today is to figure out why my stage motor died and magic ball is stuck up...

Pinball....always work.

#1633 4 years ago

Ok, figuring out my stage motor is set to wrong position. Tests all kinda backwards.
Whats the home position for arm on motor?

And another...whats the best way to get to the damn stage diverter up top? The plastic is killing me that hides it. Remove wand?

#1634 4 years ago

Motor, stage, and elevator working.
Stage diverter now. Is the best way to get to this just to remove the hand wand?

#1636 4 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

Yes remote the wand rasy enpugh

Got it!
Set screw in front of hand.
Now look at my pretty stage diverter arm.
Anyone have a spare one of these lying around?

20190907_132357 (resized).jpg20190907_132357 (resized).jpg20190907_132413 (resized).jpg20190907_132413 (resized).jpg
#1638 4 years ago

Thank You!
Well, there was a few other things in marco cart....guess im pulling trigger on it.
So much damage to it I need to see if its the right coil.
Need that odd bulb for blackout stage inside box under bathing girl. Same size as 906 flasher, but not right value.
Back to the manual.

#1640 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Which? Where? I don't think I've noticed this. Perhaps my bulb is out too.

Its a #921 wedge 12.8 volt.(same size a flasher 906, but doesnt flash). Has a drak blue condom over it to simulate night time, thus the stars on the black plastics flanking magic ball.

#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Under the big stage cover plastic w/bikini girl.

#1642 4 years ago

OK....Were can I buy Flipper bats(has to be yellow with star)?

#1645 4 years ago

Thank You Again!
What? I have to go all over planet for PM parts?
I have a Marcos, an Australia, and now UK?
... and I still cant find 2 plastics.....

#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Cant find this bulb anywhere. I also cant find a bulb box in my own house, so one of those restore hell weekends.
Spent about 5 hours on Pinball Magic yesterday.

#1652 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Bulbtown has different colors

Do you need one? My treat if you do. Thinking thru amazon since its cheap and easy

Quoted from Reznnate:

You to if you need one.

#1655 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Make sure you can get the condom off the old one. if not you may have to buy a colored one.

Yup, condom came right off. I suspect that bulb has been dead for a long time.

#1657 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

What plastics do you need?

Thank you. If you need something let me know.

The stage values little one. It has always been broken with missing piece.
And the long one under morph ramp before trunk lock.
In middle of shop job. So ignore that ugly white rubber.
Getting titan dark blue for PM.

20190908_085200 (resized).jpg20190908_085200 (resized).jpg20190908_085211 (resized).jpg20190908_085211 (resized).jpg
#1663 4 years ago

Question for owners. Does the kicker inside the stage area work on your games?

Yes, mine does. Seen it work during game play. Doesn't have tons of umph, but, gets the ball going a few times up there.
I have no idea why yours wouldn't?
Let me take a closer look, glass been off few days now.

#1664 4 years ago

Going throw box of Capcom parts and boards.
What does this go to? I dont think pinball magic.
Triangle lamp board PCB.

20190911_153451 (resized).jpg20190911_153451 (resized).jpg20190911_153512 (resized).jpg20190911_153512 (resized).jpg20190911_153528 (resized).jpg20190911_153528 (resized).jpg
#1667 4 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

Think thats a Airborne lamp board

It is, Thank you.

1 month later
#1684 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-the-new-colordmd-lcd#post-5291160

This New Display by Colordmd is slimmer in design so that the LCD display works great. Control board moved to not hit metal box.

#1686 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't know if this is necessary considering how damned good the LED one looks in PM, it really may be the best looking ColorDMD I've ever seen in any game.

Agreed, but at least this gives everybody options.

2 months later
#1693 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Fired up my PM for the first time in a while the other day. Noticed i have a bunch of lights out. 2 full columns in the lamp matrix to be exact. Any ideas on where to look? No broken wires. Im guessing bad transistors on the board.[quoted image]

Two rows, all lamps. Sounds like a fuse.

1 month later
#1724 4 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Ok cool. I was originally thinking that my ball was broken off so started looking for a new one then I discovered the shaft option for sale as well so then I wondered if the shaft was correct or an option? What is the pic on the left for then do we think? Another capcom game?

No, you can buy just the shaft and mount larger acrylic ball. I used to sell the larger acrylic captive ball, it worked for the shaft to.
And No....No more acrylic balls left for sale. I made 50 and was surprised how fast they sold.

#1726 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I just gave one to new owner of my old PBM and one just went with lot of parts shipped out yesterday.
Perhaps the new extra parts owner will reach out.
You may check Pinball Spare parts Australia he had a ton of PBM parts

What do you have left for sale, missed your ad few days back?

#1728 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sold all as a lot ...
The pinsider that bought them is regular to this thread

Good news both ways, you sold and Im not tempted.

#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

. I believe you'd have to modify the display housing to use the LCD as the panel is quite large but maybe they released a new version that fits Capcom games and I missed it?

Both work in this game now. You know how I know? I'm the test machine for Colordmd both to get this colored and fit the new version of the LCD board. Chris E. Of Colordmd and I figured a way to move and mount the control board so not only would this work with Capcom titles but also solve a few stern placement issues. This newer version of the LCD Board is only model they sell now.

#1736 4 years ago

Very cool! Great contribution to the community!

Chris E. Of Colordmd did all the hard work, i was just the Guinea pig. Its fun doing beta and color games.

#1741 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Eric can you attach a picture of the new LCD installed
Curious to see what it looks like

Thats funny you mention that.
It has been moved to another title I won't mention, and checking my collection won't give clues either.
Ill have to check library of pics and see if I can find some. Mostly because that was my last phone.

#1747 4 years ago

I am the Pinsider that bough the lot of parts. Once I get them I will see what I need, what I want to keep as spares for my machine, and then what is left.
I have had several emails for specific parts already, and if these are available I will certainly pass them along. Again, not trying to be a dick or a hoarder, just want to make sure I have what I need for my own personal machine first.
Thanks
Chris

Your good. These machines are getting how old? Exactly, if parts are available, and you can buy them, good on you.
I have 2 big crates of pinball magic parts. A boat load came with my machine, plus what I picked up since. Im not hoarding, Im making sure my machine lasts as long as I do.
I to will sell all when I feel Im fully done with my machine.
Everyone stay safe and work on machines.

2 months later
#1919 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Anyone know a close color match for the cabinet purple? I want to do some touch up on the head.

Yes, yes. Been on my to do list.
Paint match code would be nice.
Off topic, but need paint match for my Elektra to.

3 weeks later
#1929 3 years ago

Still have 4 sets of Stage Doors left if anyone wants. $30USD shipping included.

Id love a set! Thanks for offering them.
Pm sending

#1936 3 years ago

Just got decals from #mancave for Black rose. Took just under 2 weeks. Flat, but big package.

3 weeks later
#1947 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

So I have a pinball magic at work, haven’t opened it up to mess with it at all. It plays very good but I noticed today while playing the levitating ball didn’t work. Curious how hard this is gonna be to fix. I’m not certain how the trick works but I know it can’t be the real ball as the real one appears up top fine and the stage VUK works fine when the real ball goes in.

Its Magic! (Spoiler alert)
There is a motor that moves the fake ball up and down. Check connection on it first. You have to remove all the plastics covering it up back there.

1 month later
#1976 3 years ago

So, I've had my Pinball Magic 5 years now. I had always thought the wireforms looked dull. Not worn, just "dull" I tried to polish them up but nothing changed, so I just kind of lived with them. I had the opportunity to get a NOS loop wireform and jumped at it. Now that I got it, I am thinking my original wireforms were podercoated. Like I said, they aren't bad, just not shiny.
My guess is that they were worn and someone had them powercoated. Now I am conflicted. I Love the shiny new one, but then the other one won't match
First world problems I guess. Oh and I got a really cool cad drawing of the ramp. Anyone want to reproduce them? LOL
Pics of my wireforms vs. the new one included.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

PM sent!

7 months later
#2060 2 years ago

You sold your Pinball Magic?! :O

Pm sent.
Thank you

3 months later
#2136 2 years ago

I bought a NOS power board and it never reset since installing it! Got it from https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/

I have several power boards that I am listing.
I also have several sound boards, 3.
Pm me for pics and details.

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Pinball Magic Sound board, this will also work in a Airborne. This is practically new in appearance and has only been bench tested. No Roms included except U24. Selling as Used si...”
2021-08-21
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 24 days
Viewed: 251 times
Contributed to Pinside

#2137 2 years ago

2 Sound boards pending from above ad.
Adding a Display power board for the dmd.
I also have Power Driver Boards left at $125 each shipped.

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Capcom Display power board for Most all Capcom Pinball machines. This board powers your DMD Display. Won't work in Flipper Football. I am also not sure about Breakshot, thus I onl...”
2021-08-22
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 23 days
Viewed: 99 times
Contributed to Pinside

#2139 2 years ago

30 boards!!!! That is some Capcom gold right there!!!

Ya, but 10 are not for pinball. I have a thread going. I still don't know what 6 go to.

2 weeks later
#2141 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Watched my buddy Erik aka chuckwurt beat Magna Matra last night and recorded it from on my phone. I had been to that mode a couple times but have never beat it, I'm glad I recorded it because it shows that the rulesheet isn't exactly correct and some shots don't actually count towards beating her. Unfortunately there's a lot of background chatter from my friends so I'm not sure I want to upload it and post it, I don't have any editing tools or skills to try to remove that either.

Ohh chuck! Never beaten her.
I'd love to see it.

3 weeks later
#2147 2 years ago
Quoted from Spybryon:

Who sells replacement Capcom flipper coils for Pinball Magic? Checked Marco and Pinball Life but came up with nothing.
Edit: this must be it https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CL-00111

That looks to small to be a flipper coil. It says solenoid. That's for many other mechs in game.

#2148 2 years ago

I have a excellent shape DMD that was pulled when I installed all 3 versions of ColorDMD.
Yes all 3, I was a beta tester for this title.
So selling my dmd and offering here to club first. It will also fit Airborne,BBB original and a Kingpin if your lucky to have one. Will not work in Breakshot.
Pm me for details.

2 weeks later
#2150 2 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Pinball Magic Capcom Display in Great Condition. Pulled working for Colordmd replacement. Made by Cherry Inc. Free Shipping for USA.”
2022-01-15
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 62 days
Viewed: 349 times

2 weeks later
#2159 2 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Never mind read through this topic and found my answer. Does 1.12 version add any graphics or change any rules or add sounds compared with 1.03? I know it gets rid of buy-in

It's worth the upgrade.
It has bug fixes, image fixes, and some better code for the stage.

2 months later
#2169 2 years ago

It's been several years since I offered the acrylic ball that goes in the captive ball for pinball magic.
Limited supply in stock after a 4 year absence!
I will build an ad later today and post again here and will also be in my shop later.
Sadly, these have gone up by 25% since I last listed them.
$10 for a brand new shiny acrylic ball. These are stronger than originals and will take a long time to get cloudy and beat up.
I installed one in my PM about 5 years ago and it still looks new with several hundred games.
Shipping will be usps first class mail and is extra. Price depends by which coast your on.

#2170 2 years ago

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Ad is for One Ball. I have another batch of the clear acrylic captive balls for Pinball Magic. These are made of strong petg slugs and rounded and polished to perfection. Very Shin...”
2022-04-25
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 73 days
Viewed: 606 times

9 months later
#2239 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

A member of the german pinball community is able to print mirrored backglasses.
So i had one in my TZ years ago and while renovating my PM I thought a mirrored backglas would look great.
I asked him if he would make me a "one of a kind backglas". Here is the result:
[quoted image]
Too much mirror is not nice .... so we tried it with this areas
[quoted image]
All green will become mirror
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
As a gimmick he included a "hiddenTomDK".
And yes .. it is a real glas. No acrylic or PET-G.
It is the material I hoped the extra translite for FH 2.0 would be made off ...but its just cheap acrylic.

Damnnnn. I want one. Looks amazing!

1 week later
#2242 1 year ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

Hello to everybody! I recently got this game and loving it so far... one of the things I noticed is that the levitating ball is really dull (and squeaky) and I'd like to polish it, is it hard to remove it? I tried to find a write up on how to remove it but I couldn't find one. Can someone please shine some light on how to remove it for polishing?
As usual, many thanks!
Best,
~ja

It's in the manual if you have that.
It's on a rod that goes up and down a track, powered by a motor. Check alignment and a little white grease may eliminate the squeek.
It's a plastic ball, not metal, Spoiler alert.
You can remove it and spray paint it shiny metallic. Then a couple coats of clear coat to protect it.

2 months later
#2247 1 year ago

I have captive Balls available again!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1164-mod-magic/05796-pinball-magic-clear-acrylic-captive-ball

If you want 2 or more PM me. Not sure if the shop double charges for shipping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 209.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club?tu=Ericpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.