IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DMC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 9 years ago

Thanks for starting the club. Long overdue. I have a PM which I've been doing lots of work on lately - chrome trim, colour matched incandescent bulbs, and most recently I've installed a couple of yellow optmax spotlights. The effect is very good on this game which needs a bit of help with lighting.

I have many questions about the game. The first is does anyone else's games have Magna Matra saying something in Italian followed by a count down from 10 to 1 also in Italian? I'm guessing there's a time limit for each round of tricks and she's shouting at you to hurry up.

#41 9 years ago

Here's a scarce competition overhead video from Randy Elwin. Some spoilers here. If you want to be surprised when you work through the game you might not want to watch the whole thing.

https://vimeo.com/15715553

#42 9 years ago

PM FAQ.

Q. Can you put mirror blades designed for Bally Williams in a Pinball Magic?
A. In my personal experience - yes.

Q. Can you put LEDs in a Pinball Magic?
A. From reading forums and watching @Blackrose Yewtoob videos - you can. But. No matter what you do or who you buy from you will still get flickering. Coloured and white incandescents were my preference. The rise and fall effects of the lighting in this game are stunning.

Q. Was this game secretly designed by Mark
Ritchie?
A. I've never heard a qualified response to this question. I read about PM in one of Michael Shaloubs books and was satisfied that Bryan Hansen did develop the game. He's a real guy. There's a picture of him working in the Capcom office. It seems Ritchie was more so the supervisor of the project.

Q. Did Williams steal Capcom's idea for a magic themed game?
A. I dunno, except on the PM cab there's a drawing of a little guy with binoculars and a t-shirt with WPI on it as well as a plastic with a guy running away holding a case that has WPI Magic Plans written on it. I read that as Williams Private Investigator. Perhaps Capcom are claiming through their artwork that there was a case of industrial espionage going on.

Q. Are spare parts hard to come by?
A. In my experience I've been able to get what I needed most of the time from Pinball Spare Parts Australia (PSPA) or Ride the Boney Beast (RTBB). Plastics are still around and generic bits and pieces which are common to lots of pinball machines are easily found. Things such as mechanical assemblies are drying up but no worse than lots of other games.

Q. How much are they worth?
A. The only source I can reference is the Boston Pinball ebay sales stats. Average of all 33 recorded sales - $2067. Lowest price - $811. Highest price - $5495. Sales during 11/2013 to 11/2014 - 2. Average price of those two sales - $3947.

1 week later
#53 9 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Does anyone know if you can buy the capcom decal for the apron? mine is a bit worse for wear and cannot seem to find a new one.

You can. Try Ride the Bony Beast www.rtbb.com.au

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2005

Sadly the owner Greg passed away a month or so ago, however Nino has taken over the business and is doing a great job.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Let's see some pics! This game has always intrigued me. Would love to get one some day!

This is 100% colored incandescant bulbs in the backbox, GI and inserts. I've added 4 comet optmax bulbs - three in spotlights and one standalone. Can you see where I've put them?

Two yellows on the slings, a green behind the hat and a red hidden behind the ramp entrance. Makes a big difference.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#55 9 years ago

Double post

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Here are Two pinsiders enjoying the finished game. The owner LOVED Rock Custom pinball light show and now wants me to do his Judge Dredd with the same. If you have not worked with Chris before he is awesome to collaborate with. I have bought his stuff off the shelf and custom and loved everyone of them!
BTW the owner is in the red shirt and he will NEVER sell the machine so don't ask. Also BURNINGMAN from pinsider fame helped me deliver and he is in the white shirt.
Pinsiders.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Can you tell me how you powered the purple led light strip under the backbox? Is it on all the time or tied in with something that flashes ? Thanks

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Nope that is the coin door which marco has. I need the one on the apron. They do have a number of parts I cannot get from marco though so thank you all the same.

No worries, I just assumed they were the same but now see there is one that looks like the coin door one but with a border around it.

Pinball Spare Parts Australia - www.pinballspareparts.com.au stock Capcom as well but I don't know about those stickers.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

I'll point out this post to Bryan Hansen (the guy who designed the game) when he gets in today. If you guys have any questions for him, fire away, and I'll try to get him to answer.

Thanks Hogbog. You can start by passing on my thanks to Bryan for making such an awesome game that has brought me and others a lot of joy. The uniqueness of the pin and back story alone make it such a pleasure to own. I have a few questions.

Were the wireforms gold powdercoat or gold plate? Mine are gold powdercoat, but someone else on Pinside claims they were plated.

In my game which is an Italian re-import, at one point Magna speaks Italian. She is saying something followed by a count down from I think 10 to 1. The rest of the game is English. Does Bryan know anything about this?

The Pinball Magic flyer shows a machine with stainless steel armour and legs. The production machines were powdercoated black. What were Bryan's wishes for the trim? I've had mine chromed and its a perfect fit for the machine.

What's Bryan up to nowadays?

Cheers and thanks for bringing The Great Hansen to his fans.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Has anyone had problems with the ball getting caught up in the ramp entrance to the floating pinball? There is that one piece of ramp tin that presses against that ramp and might be the cause. Just wanted to see if this was a common issue or not and if anyone has any fixes for it?

This may not be exactly what you are referring to, but possibly the solution to a common PM issue. I posted my solution in post #20.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-pinball-magic-issues#

1 month later
#182 8 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

I'll point out this post to Bryan Hansen (the guy who designed the game) when he gets in today. If you guys have any questions for him, fire away, and I'll try to get him to answer.

How did you go? Did Bryan show an interest in the thread? Would be great for him to come on for a chat.

3 weeks later
#191 8 years ago

I found a few cool insights on this Italian Pinball website.

http://www.tilt.it/xfiles6.htm

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

2 months later
#217 8 years ago

Some help please... Where does this plastic go? It's possible its off my Airborne also, just not sure.

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#228 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

This is off your Airborne.
AW00125-42 - Plastic, under tower - Hard to explain but it fits over the blue plastic to the left lane guide at the bottom of the control tower assembly.
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/3783/Capcom_1996_Airborne_Operators_Manual_no_schematics.pdf
Page 89 in the manual
Chris

Thanks so much.

1 month later
#259 8 years ago

Someone just put one on location at a pub near me (Coogee Bay Hotel). Must be the only one in Aust on site. Hopefully I can "blow it up".

1 week later
#268 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I finally managed to find the time to look in to my reset problems. Turns out one of the molex connectors was fried, and the connectors on the board. Fixed that, and I also found a bad connection of one of the capacitors. Now it's working like a charm.
On a side note, my flipper buttons aver very tight and hard, not loose like my B/W. Is this correct?
Axl

My flippers are tighter than all my other games too.

3 weeks later
#275 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Congrats and Enjoy your New Game!!!!
Al, said hes next!

Did you leave the club Art?

1 month later
#298 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I was playing yesterday with some friends, and my stage ramp broke.
It has been welded before. Something i was not aware of. Stuff like that is easy to overlook when you buy a pinball, but when it breaks,
you can clearly see why.
So anyway, if anyone has a Stage ramp for sale, please PM me. I need my Pinball Magic fix!
74_007074_3_(resized).jpg
Axl

Mine was broken too. Took me months to get around to removing it and getting it repaired. I got ripped off but didn't know what else to do. They are as rare a rocking horse shit, so a repro would be great - perhaps re-engineered to be more durable.

#309 8 years ago

I put a call out for EOIs to the Aussie Arcade forums.

2 months later
#394 8 years ago

Any got any ideas why my wand diverter won't close by itself? The solenoid moves freely but the spring isn't powerful enough to push the diverter closed (to allow "Ride the Magic Carpet" etc. It feels like the shaft is somehow binding but looks like a pain to remove.

Solved: I "just" had to remove both the stage diverter and wand diverter assemblies and give them a good clean. Various shafts and solenoids/sleeves had started to gum up - just enough to cause the diverters to jam or be sluggish. A typical PITA job but both mechs work nicely now. I also waxed the playfield. My example of this game is very fast. Haven't beaten it yet and loving the challenge.

1 month later
#406 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Please take this as a friendly note and not me trying to sell boards through scarcity; I do not plan to restock the Capcom boards for a while after they sell out. They are not in high demand, they are expensive to have sitting on shelves, and I just plain need a break. There are 2 left now, and when they sell, it will probably be at least a few months before I think about having more made.

I just bought the last one - coming Downunder for my Airborne. Thanks for the effort Herg - I love watching people conceive an idea on Pinside and then bring it to market...and sell out. I'll send you some video when I'm done.

3 weeks later
#415 7 years ago

^^^Mine is busted too. I was just going to buy a new one one day as when I got may stage ramp repaired it was nearly as much as buying a new one would cost. Of course they weren't available so I had no choice, but I believe there's still some NOS versions of these.

1 month later
#469 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

What is the wizard mode on PM?

Every shot on the game has to be made to kill Matra Magna I believe.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pinball/915937-pinball-magic/faqs/1450

3 weeks later
#482 7 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

Another tip Cliffy shared with me last week.
The glass receiver at the base of the speaker panel is made of metal, instead of plastic like B/W, for a reason:
It's designed to be strong enough to support the back of the playfield when you''re working on the topside of the playfield.
Well thought out back in the day.

Very nice feature. At the other end you can also tip it forward and rest the front on the slingshot mechs, although if I was doing a lot of work I'd probably put part of a broom stick or a pillow under there for more support.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#504 7 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

I got to play for the first time on the weekend, such a beautiful machine. It was next to a TOM at Pinfest Newcastle. A rare opportunity (for me) to play both

Here 'tis

IMG_0199 (resized).JPGIMG_0199 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#506 7 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

How do you remove the presto ball?

Just pull it out. It's a ball on a stick.

6 months later
#621 6 years ago

That was right by mine! Looked like a nice example from what I could see. I saw it had sold when I was there today. Congrats! I had several people call me about mine.
Got the opto issue fixed (I think) so it's back up and running at the show! People seemed really sad when it was down for the 30 minutes, LOL.
I would be interested to see what topper they came up with Transprt4u. I am not a huge fan of toppers but if done right I could be interested.
Chris

Mine has been doing something similar where it is detecting a ball in the trunk when there isn't one. Eventually an unwanted ball is kicked into the shooter lane. Post #618 above sounds like a similar issue. When I run the opto test one of the trunk optos is flickering on and off. How did you fix yours?

#627 6 years ago

Honestly I don't know. I had replacement boards for the trough optos. I replaced them and things went from bad to worse. It was doing all sotys of things wrong.
I switched back to the original opto boards I had in there and things seemed to settle themselves out and it worked for the rest of the show.
I will have th see when I set it up again in the basement, but I may have a bigger issue. The handtruck slipped when moving it out of the truck to the garage and it hit pretty hard on the ground. We'll see in a few days if anything happened. It sounded verry not good
Chris</blockquote

Thanks for letting me know. My issue comes and goes but never after just switching on the machine. Always after about 20-30 mins of the machine being in. Hopefully there's no damage from the move.

#628 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Replace all 3 of the transmitter optos in the trunk.

Okay thanks. I will pull 'em out tomorrow.

#639 6 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Wow. Got to put some plays on my new acquisition last night. This game is cool as hell. Very under rated I would say. The music and sound alone are amazing. Might be the best cabinet art I've ever seen. The amount going on with the playfield is crazy. If it didn't have such a linear ruleset this game would be bonkers.

It's great to see someone like yourself discovering this excellent game for the first time and having such positive things to say about. You've clearly 'been there - done that' in pinball with that awesome past and present collection. I love playing mine. It definitely has loads of character and it's tough to beat.

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Have commissioned Tilttoppers to make a topper for PM. Any ideas to incorporate into the design would be appreciated ...

A big crystal ball that changes colour in sync with the little one on the playfield.

3 weeks later
#698 6 years ago

I found these rare pictures of a Capcom factory tour while Pinball Magic was on the line. So great to see the origin of our games. Check it out at this link:

http://www.tilt.it/xfiles7.htm

#714 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Thanks Brian, I will try the long term switch test tomorrow. Just got back from the movies.I had added some extra lighting features-6 spot reflectors,some SMD on the outhole area, and added lighting to the pop bumper - as this game has some really dark areas- I disconnected everything including the OCD board to rule out this affecting the game.But the game plays incorrectly with or without the mods hooked up.
I have a Breakshot as well, and it plays extremely well. About the only issue I ever had with this game was I found that just the vibration of the flipper solenoids, or banging the cabinet or playfield would award points.I found where someone had stripped the insulation of a wire in the harness under the playfield and just wrapped a wire around the conductor to power up possibly a new switch.This was easily fixed , and the game plays rock solid.

Just a side note - you mention that you upgraded to all led lamps. I know herg says not to change the flashers with leds when using led OCD for Capcom. Nothing to do with your issue but just thought I'd mention it.

#729 6 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

Theres one thing I alway think about when I open the back box, Has any one ever had problems with the power board with those 6 big caps hanging out there?

Todd from TNT Amusements always says to put a big old cable tie around them to hold them firmly in place. I think they even pack something between them.

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

I look it up on youtube. I seen some of TNT videos he give some good info. Don't remember seeing pinball magic one tho.

He talks about it with a couple of Airbornes.

1 week later
#754 6 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

A big crystal ball that changes colour in sync with the little one on the playfield.

How is this topper coming along? Also interested in the power tap you're getting done.

Edit. My mistake, it was CraZyMuffin getting the power tap made.

#759 6 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

I have a circuit designed, and I can have a wire prototype made up at any time, just looking for someone to test it in a Capcom machine to make I tapped the right pins. Haven't had time to look any harder for someone yet, but if anyone here is interested let me know! Just need a multimeter

Cool, hopefully someone can help you out. I'd offer but being in Aust would probably complicate things.

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

It's Home I went and picked it up. Looks Great
Russ

Was he sad to part with it?

#766 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Not really, but Brian is a real nice guy. That PM painting is large. Would loved to have it.

Another interesting chapter in the Pinball Magic story.

4 weeks later
#819 6 years ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

A friend of me have found in Italy a machine with ticket and coin dispenser (redemption rom)

How about that. I have an Italian version as well with the ticket dispenser. It was covered with a fob thing and when I removed it, someone had filled the hole with putty. I'm in the process of trying to tidy it up - either paint over it or drill it out back to original. Good timing with you photo which I can use to recreate art.

IMG_2497 (resized).JPGIMG_2497 (resized).JPG

IMG_2498 (resized).JPGIMG_2498 (resized).JPG

IMG_2502 (resized).JPGIMG_2502 (resized).JPG

#822 6 years ago

Thanks. I was the last poster in that thread but had forgotten about it. Such a good result. What sort of paint did you use for the purple?

#824 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wish I knew...sadly all the details where the sister in law whom's no longer a sister in law so we'll never know

Thanks anyway. I think I'm making progress with some colour matching myself.

1 week later
#833 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Looking for hinges, rails, and coin door if anyone has them laying around. Would take some plastic ramps as well.

You could try arakissun - he had some Flipper Football parts which might be compatible.

1 week later
#847 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

obviously there was something there at one time. 2 screw holes visible. can anybody take a pic underneath, please?

Here's mine. Has a metal plate but doesn't seem to guide the rod into the spoon.

IMG_2622 (resized).JPGIMG_2622 (resized).JPG

#851 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yeah that is odd, not really sure what that does either.

I'll be taking apart the top half of the bumper later on this week so I will explore more then and report back.

3 weeks later
#855 6 years ago

I was putting in an led wafer so took these pics but it’s obviously not a total tear down.

7EA2E972-BC07-4DE9-AA57-F158EFAF4A19 (resized).jpeg7EA2E972-BC07-4DE9-AA57-F158EFAF4A19 (resized).jpeg

01F231DA-8E33-4B7E-802E-6352B90AC675 (resized).jpeg01F231DA-8E33-4B7E-802E-6352B90AC675 (resized).jpeg

7251AB57-E2C8-411F-8584-46C17EED27EA (resized).jpeg7251AB57-E2C8-411F-8584-46C17EED27EA (resized).jpeg

#859 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

You wear gloves to LED a pop bumper?

Quoted from TheLaw:

You LED a pop bumper?

First time! I was cleaning and polishing moments earlier and left the gloves on.

4 weeks later
#915 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Anyone else seen a bug where the game-over music plays forever? Mine has the 1.12 ROMS in it and right now it is going on 23 minutes of non-stop game-over music.

Yep has happened to me. Not sure what caused it or whether i had opened the door mid game for example.

1 month later
#970 6 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

So where do you guys source parts? Capcom parts are obviously hard to find. Marco seems to have some but they don't have a flipper rebuild kit available and that definitely needs to be done. Any tips?

I rebuilt two sets of flippers for my PM and Airborne using mostly original Capcom parts sourced from PSPA and Marco Specialties. I used Williams plungers (which could be the same?) but it was a good result.

#972 6 years ago

I've also heard of people retrofittign Williams flipper assemblies into Capcom machines. I am actually considering that for my PM.
Chris

But aren’t the Capcom flippers superior?

#978 6 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

Ok. Fill me in guys. Superior in what way?

Just snappy and powerful.

1 week later
#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from Weaser15:

Hi fellow PM owners... im in the process of adding some spotlights near the slingshots, any ideas where to connect these, all lights seem to fade in and out, so im not sure where to attach these to, im also adding a couple led strips, need to splice these in somewhere as well. Also im looking for someone that makes touchup decals, i have some wear where the ball falls near the hat, as well as the spoon bender guys arm where the ball slides during full plunge.
loving this game!
thanks
Scott

I think I just connected mine via alligator clips to the tabs on a slingshot bulb. Left for left spotlight and right for right spotlight. I found that you can’t connect any alligator clips to the tab with the diode band connected - just the other tabs. Then the connected led will behave the same as the light it’s powered from.

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from Weaser15:

Thanks guys, i thought that would be fine, just wasnt 100% sure.
Wish my pf didnt have those wear spots, but it is what it is. im thinking theres a really strong plunger spring in it, the ball just flys out of there!

Mine is strong too - to make the wire form loop and then the orbit.

1 month later
#1035 6 years ago

First lock is always lit on my game. I’m assuming to show new players that that feature is an objective.

1 month later
#1070 6 years ago
Quoted from PittPin:

I have a question about PM so I thought I would check with the club first. I need to replace both sling assemblies because the brackets broke. I bought a couple new ones from Marco. But there are some differences. I have attached a picture of both of my broken assemblies. On each there is wire between the sling switches that have been clipped and left hanging. On the new assembly the same wire is connected and there is a resistor across one of the switches that is not present on my broken assemblies. So I am wondering if anyone knows how these are supposed to be wired or if someone can let me know what their sling assemblies look like.

If I’m seeing correctly those wires aren’t clipped but broken off the switches. The kicker won’t fire when the switches without two wires attached are closed. The new part is correct. I’ve fitted ones just like it, although they busted off after a few months and I replaced them with thicker wires. Mine (Euro model) doesn’t have the resistor though. I think there was a bulletin back in the day to say remove them, but perhaps not for US users. I’ll try and find the bulletin.

Edit. Found the bulletins but no mention of the resistor. Maybe I read it on this topic? Someone else will chime in.

2 months later
#1199 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

"Pinball Magic Right Side Art Decal" (CAPCOM) in restoration process. By Zona Arcade &amp; Mikonos
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Pinball%20Magic%20Right%20Side%20Art%20Decal.%20In%20restoration%20Mikonos1.jpg

I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.
Regards

So are these pics of the scans before you touch up the art?

3 months later
#1236 5 years ago

So my Pinball Magic has developed an issue. It plays fine until you get 2 balls locked in the trunk. It kicks the 3rd ball into the shooter lane, but then the trough tries to kick out another ball. It will do this for about 2 minutes and then "TROUGH ERROR" appears on the DMD and the game stops.
I get that this is a safety measure to keep the coil from burning up (I think) but it is super annoying. All the optos test good in the test screen (both manually and using a ball). I have previously replaced all the transmitters and receivers on the opto boards as well. When viewed through a digital camera, the transmit side all appear to be working.
Any ideas? I can get a video if it would be helpful.
Thanks!
Chris

I had this issue a while ago and I couldn’t work it out either. I reseated all the connectors and it went away. I’m not sure if it will come back but it seems I was chasing the wrong end of the fault by pulling apart the trunk.

2 months later
#1327 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Sometimes when shooting the skill shot at start of ball and nailing it first try, I only get the hat award. The flasher for the skill sometimes doesn’t flash when the ball is sitting in the shooter lane as well. Anyone else experience this?

The skillshot runs a timed countdown. Could that be something to do with it? The dmd counts down after the switch in the shooter lane is released.

#1335 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yeah, I’m aware of the counter. When I nail it first try, I often just get the hat award and no skill shot. This is usually at the beginning of 2nd or 3rd ball. Also, sometimes if I plunge too soft, the timer will start, but I still just get the hat award when I nail the skill shot in time.

Not sure then. Someone will know.

1 week later
#1343 5 years ago

I still haven’t beaten this game after five years of ownership. I have it on three balls with the right outlane all the way open. I love the challenge...

How about you guys - anyone else still working on beating Matra Magna?

#1346 5 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I have mine on 5 ball and have only beaten it once in the several years that I've owned it. Frankly, I'm not sure how this game can be beaten on 3 ball. You've got a lot of work to do to get through all of the modes with just 3 chances.
Dave

It’s so well designed that it becomes increasing difficult to complete the objectives without being punished for missed shots. I won’t give up.

1 month later
#1408 5 years ago

I made a video that details all the tricks. You guys probably know all this but new owners might appreciate the details. Sorry about the slight angle of the video. I had to clamp my iPhone to a stand in front and above me, and I needed it to be to the left a little so I could see the playfield.

1 week later
#1432 5 years ago

Hey guys my red flasher at the back isn’t working. I’ve changed the bulb and socket with no luck. I unplugged connector from below the bulb and even stuck bulb wires in there to see if it would flash. No luck. There’s a second bulb on the backbox that flashes with the test (Solenoid 24/J21 on the driver board) so I’m wondering does that mean the power flow is good from the board? My j20 and j21 connectors are swapped compared with the manual but I’m guessing they’re both the same and it doesn’t matter? Any help would be great.

033A9A59-F19C-4C41-9117-2D717B378AB5 (resized).jpeg033A9A59-F19C-4C41-9117-2D717B378AB5 (resized).jpeg

#1446 5 years ago
Quoted from bigfoot53:

That was it re-punched the J21 connector and it's flashing away
Thanks for the help.
Bruce

Same for me too. A few hours of troubleshooting at the flasher end. But just repunched the connector as well and all fixed.

1 week later
#1460 5 years ago
Quoted from Milk:

Thanks for the replies about the switches! Another question: Can anyone tell me the
exact length of the flipper plungers without the link? Not sure if mine are original!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-find-capcom-flipper-parts#post-4916263

Post #23 I’ve put some pics.

1 week later
#1494 5 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Does anyone have any photos of the assembled (and even better yet, disassembled) stage pop bumper/critics area? Mine was disassembled and my photos lost. There are so many nuts and spacers that I had to take my best guess when I reassembled. Now, I get balls trapped behind the rubber at the kicker in the stage area. I think it is more a height issue than anything else.
I tried adding a second rubber, but that really dulls the sensitivity of the switches and now I get very few kicks. Adjusted the switch gaps to make them as tight as possible, and that still didn't help.
So, right now, I am stuck at (A) remove the second rubber around the kicker and have trapped balls every 2-3 games or, (B) leave it and lose a lot of the action around the stage.
Any photos with how that area should be properly built (in terms of hardware and spacers) would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Here’s one of my pics from post #855 in this thread.

ADB976E1-8206-4613-8085-AA66BCBAFF7E.jpegADB976E1-8206-4613-8085-AA66BCBAFF7E.jpeg
1 year later
#2007 3 years ago

So, I've had my Pinball Magic 5 years now. I had always thought the wireforms looked dull. Not worn, just "dull" I tried to polish them up but nothing changed, so I just kind of lived with them. I had the opportunity to get a NOS loop wireform and jumped at it. Now that I got it, I am thinking my original wireforms were podercoated. Like I said, they aren't bad, just not shiny.
My guess is that they were worn and someone had them powercoated. Now I am conflicted. I Love the shiny new one, but then the other one won't match
First world problems I guess. Oh and I got a really cool cad drawing of the ramp. Anyone want to reproduce them? LOL
Pics of my wireforms vs. the new one included.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My old machine came from Italy and it was exactly the same powered coat colour. I wonder if some came this way as powder coating wasn’t really a “mod” for operators back in the day.

#2008 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

My plunger doesn't slide as freely as I like. I was going to replace the plunger sleeve, but couldn't remove whatever's in the housing: seems like a brass sleeve but flanged on both sides. What's up with that? Are these removable? I tried, but they seem pretty permanent.

Sorry if this was answered later in the thread but the Capcoms (and I think Sterns today) had a particular shooter housing with an oil impregnated bronze bushing called Oilite- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oilite

I bough a NOS one for my Airborne but you can buy the bushings from engineering type places.

I had to drill my old bushings out very carefully and tapped in the new ones. Made the world of difference.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DMC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club?tu=DMC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.